Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Marquis

Default Off Duty Bexar County Kills Unarmed Man

"The off-duty deputy who shot and killed a man over the weekend was identified Tuesday by the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.

Anthony Thomas, who works in court security, has been with the department for 16 years, according to Paul Berry, sheriff's spokesman.

Berry said that Thomas was leaving his security guard job about 5 a.m. Saturday when he possibly was involved in a minor traffic accident with Matthew Jackson, 29.

Though it remained unclear Tuesday whether a crash had occurred, both men exited their cars between Nacogdoches and Lookout roads, near eastbound Loop 1604, and got into an “altercation.”

Thomas fired several shots at Jackson, who died at the scene after being shot in the chest, according to the medical examiner.

Berry said no weapon was found on Jackson but stopped short of saying the man was unarmed.

Details about what led to the shooting and whether the deputy felt threatened prior to opening fire remained unanswered Tuesday."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...al-4783040.php

The victim is a buddy of my best friend. He didn't own a weapon, was not a drug user, and rarely drank, and almost never to excess. I'm not usually a member of the Fuck the Police Club, but this is garbage. Speaking from personal experience, Bexar (pronounced "bear) County PD is full of shitheads and fucking losers. I'm ashamed for San Antonio.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Re: Off Duty Bexar County Kills Unarmed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiazas View Post
The victim is a buddy of my best friend. He didn't own a weapon, was not a drug user, and rarely drank, and almost never to excess. I'm not usually a member of the Fuck the Police Club, but this is garbage. Speaking from personal experience, Bexar (pronounced "bear) County PD is full of shitheads and fucking losers. I'm ashamed for San Antonio.
Unfortunately he'll probably get away with it. I've known a few cops over the years. IT seems like the more dick they suck (metaphorically I think, not too sure) the more shit they can get away with.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,258 Times in 759 Posts

"Details about what led to the shooting and whether the deputy felt threatened prior to opening fire remained unanswered Tuesday."

This means the law dog refuses to cooperate with the ongoing investigation.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Marquis

Pretty much. My friend is quite the activist and organizer though, and he called last night to get advice from my dad (my dad has worked with all branches of the US Govt in on way or another) and will be forcing Texas Rangers IAB to take a look at this.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Marquis

Its probably the only way he could validate his power, being a court cop and all.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,162 Times in 2,411 Posts

When i was 17, i got my sinus broken when i rear ended a guy. I was apologetic and this dude kept yelling about what a faggot i was for hitting his car. That was fine. I just wanted to exchange information and move on with my life.

This dude got all offended when i pointed out after like 5 minutes that calling me a faggot wasn't helping resolve this and could we please just exchange information and he just started swinging at my face.

People get crazy over car accidents.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Howie Hubler

Thanked 1,037 Times in 623 Posts

Screaming faggot at someone for a fender-bender? Sounds like your typical masshole...
Old 09-13-2013, 02:33 PM
LongDickHipHopPerfection

Thanked 4,162 Times in 2,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roasted View Post
Screaming faggot at someone for a fender-bender? Sounds like your typical masshole...
Honestly, i'd rather he kept screaming faggot at me than breaking my face.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,258 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
The full story of fatal shooting by Bexar deputy still not known
By Michelle Casady

September 14, 2013

Two weeks after a uniformed, off-duty Bexar County sheriff's deputy used his service gun to shoot and kill a man on the side of a far Northeast Side highway, many questions remain unanswered about exactly what led to the fatal encounter.

Deputy Anthony Thomas, a 16-year veteran of the department, has been on leave since Aug. 31, as required after an officer-involved shooting.

About 5 a.m. that day, between Nacogdoches and Lookout roads on eastbound Loop 1604, Thomas fired several shots, at least one of which struck Mathew Jackson, 29, in the chest.

He died at the scene.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Paul Berry said he can't answer some of the most pressing questions — what provoked the shooting, whether Thomas felt threatened and where each man was when he fired his gun — because the investigation is ongoing.

Jackson's family buried him Sept. 6 and had a memorial service that his brother, Patrick, said was standing-room only, with even more people filling the lobby at Schertz Funeral Home.

“The place was so full, some people never made it inside,” he said. “Mathew knew a lot of people, and he made friends for life. There were even a few officers and deputies there that knew Mat.”

What the Sheriff's Office has said is that Thomas left his off-duty security guard job about 5 a.m., about the same time Jackson, who worked at the 20nine Restaurant and Wine Bar in the Quarry Market, was leaving the home of a friend he had visited after his shift ended at 2 a.m.

There was some sort of traffic incident involving the sedans each man was driving, and they pulled over on the side of the road between Lookout and Nacogdoches roads where they got into an “altercation,” authorities have said.

Berry wrote in an email:

“There appears to be some evidence (but I wouldn't go so far as to say proof) the cars made slight contact while they were driving. If they made contact, it is unclear the severity of the contact. At the scene, investigators were determining how much impact, if any, there was. (Sheriff's Office) investigators have collected evidence and are waiting for results. Because the investigation continues, I can't get into any more detail.”

It remains unclear where each man was when Thomas opened fire, and Berry said clarification won't come until the investigation is complete.

Berry said no weapon was found at the scene but wouldn't say Mathew Jackson was unarmed.

“Because the investigation is still active, it's important that I stop short of saying whether the man was armed or not, at the time of the shooting,” Berry wrote.

Patrick Jackson said he's been frustrated by the lack of information coming from the Sheriff's Office.

“None of it adds up,” he said. “My brother, he's not a violent guy at all, and definitely doesn't own or carry any weapons. ... The last thing I want is for my brother's reputation to be tainted by this.”

Whether Thomas felt threatened before he opened fire, or what may have caused him to feel threatened remains unknown.

When asked to clarify, Berry wrote that he couldn't, because “I have not talked to him.”

Patrick Jackson said the family is concerned because the Sheriff's Office is the only agency currently investigating the shooting.

“I would feel a lot more comfortable if the (Texas) Rangers or another agency came in to help,” he said. “Because I know the evidence they are collecting is evidence they'll potentially be using against themselves.”

Cliff Herberg, first assistant district attorney in Bexar County, said concerns that the investigation is a conflict of interest, while understandable, are misplaced because “all of these officers know their work is subject to our independent investigations.”

“Professional law enforcement agencies are large and diverse and they possess the capability of investigating their own,” he said. “Oftentimes, agencies file against their own officers if wrongdoing is found.”

Herberg explained that after the Sheriff's Office finishes its investigation, the case is sent to the DA's office, where it's reviewed and an independent investigation begins — an investigator is assigned to the case, who then sends it to a prosecutor for further review and eventually the case makes its way to the division chief.

“Probably nothing gets more reviewed, and everyone has to make a recommendation to say whether we think that shooting is justified, or not, or undetermined, and then we go to the grand jury,” he said.

In the meantime, friends have organized a Facebook page titled “Justice for Mathew Jackson,” that links to an online petition at change.org that's garnered more than 2,000 signatures from people seeking answers about his death.

Patrick Jackson said the family also is in the beginning stages of establishing a trust for Mathew's son, Jasper, to make sure money is set aside for his college education.

“His wife, she's having a really hard time. Her son keeps asking, 'When is daddy coming home?' and 'Where's daddy?'” Patrick Jackson said. “Trying to explain that to a 21/2-year-old is ... it's difficult. He was a daddy's boy, and all he knows is that daddy isn't here.”
http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...ty-4813504.php
Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Serf

360 no scope #getrekd # owned