Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Love, Lust, and Relationships

Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Knight

Default Pet Peeves: Little things your family and SOs do that piss you off

My girlfriend recycles everything and it pisses me off. So easy to just throw that shit in the garbage. Its such a small thing but its infuriating. Especially when its paper items, that shit is biodegradable!

Also, when shes done with the sink stopper; she THROWS IT IN THE OTHER HALF OF THE SINK THEN DISHES PILE UP ON TOP OF IT AND THEN WHEN I HAVE TO WASH DISHES I CAN'T FIND THE FUCKER UNTIL I DIG TO THE BOTTEM OF THE PILE OF DIRTY ASS DISHES.

Also she throws knifes in the sink as if the person who has to wash them (me) couldn't possibly cut himself fishing around for the stopper in hazy shit water.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
welcome to the machine

Default Re: Pet Peeves: Little things your family and SOs do that piss you off

I used to hate hearing my dad chew. I don't know why he did it in some certain way that it was just SO LOUD and had a little extra back-of-the-throat noise too, like his jaw was making some sort of clicking sound as he went by. So many times I felt like just getting up from the table and screaming at him to just stop fucking chewing, but I always stopped myself because I feared it would seem just a little irrational and silly for me to be so upset over something like that.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,832 Posts

Brother will talk to everyone who calls him using speakerphone I find it annoying.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselKit View Post
My girlfriend recycles everything and it pisses me off. So easy to just throw that shit in the garbage. Its such a small thing but its infuriating. Especially when its paper items, that shit is biodegradable!

Also, when shes done with the sink stopper; she THROWS IT IN THE OTHER HALF OF THE SINK THEN DISHES PILE UP ON TOP OF IT AND THEN WHEN I HAVE TO WASH DISHES I CAN'T FIND THE FUCKER UNTIL I DIG TO THE BOTTEM OF THE PILE OF DIRTY ASS DISHES.

Also she throws knifes in the sink as if the person who has to wash them (me) couldn't possibly cut himself fishing around for the stopper in hazy shit water.

Yeah its biodegradable, so it turns into dirt in a fucking landfill surrounded with tons of other shit that still contaminates it making the new degraded dirt useless and making discusting landfills bigger.

But yeah i know what you mean about the knives in the sink thing
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Sex Cucumber

Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,477 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick

My sister chews with her mouth wide open and smacks her teeth together every time she bites down.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Especially when its paper items, that shit is biodegradable!
I don't think you understand how things work, when you recycle a sheet of paper, you prevent the production of a new sheet of paper. Paper production involves cutting trees, using chemicals and the whole process polutes. You can say you don't give a shit about that and there's nothing wrong not caring about the environnement, but I'm just pointing you out how the saying paper is biodegradable is such a weak argument for not recycling it.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Count

Hypno-HAI Re: Pet Peeves: Little things your family and SOs do that piss you off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiti's Space Agency View Post
Brother will talk to everyone who calls him using speakerphone I find it annoying.
Yeah that's a bad one. When people do that to me, I start talking about really awkward shit that happened to the person. But that only works when they are in public.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Knight

Sister
A lazy fucker, does nothing, and mooches and breaks everything.
Never recycles anything, which fills the garbage prematurely.

Cousin, she stays over, and when shes done with the bathroom in the evening, theres a litre of water on the countertop and floor, and she doesnt clean it up. seriously, how the fuck does that even happen.

Room mate
Throws pizza boxes full of pizza crusts and other garbage in the recycling bin.

Girlfriend
Takes stickers off fruit when washing it and sticks it on the sink or countertop.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
I hate everyone that recycles. It makes no difference and it ends up hurting the environment more than helping.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Baron

Haha some of these are fucking great. Especially the talking about really ackward shit to someone when they're in public on speaker phone. "Uhhh I forgot to tell you about the herpes you might have since we had ass to mouth"
Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Duke

Almost nothing in landfill sites biodegrades, regardless of whether it's biodegradable, because it gets packed down into an anoxic environment where bacteria can't multiply to break it down. Dig down a yard or so, and you'll find newspapers and even food from decades ago.

Anyway.

Whenever I visit my parents and we make a plan to leave the house by 9am or whenever, they'll get up at 8 and then sit in the bath for literally 45 minutes, then as soon as I go in they yell 'COME ON HURRY UP, WE'RE LEAVING RIGHT NOW!' If I have a shower before them, they complain that I take too long (I have timed myself and I can be in-and-out in less than five minutes, including brushing my teeth and shitting).

Also I'll often plan some cool stuff to do with my brother (I don't see him all that often and he gets bored spending all his time with my parents); we'll go out at 10am then my parents will just run errands all day (drive for an hour to go and fit a lightbulb in a tenant's house or something) and it ends up being about five or six o'clock and there's no time to do what we had planned to do in the first place. This has happened three or four times.

They also complain that whenever I cook, it takes too long. Apparently my stepdad expects food on the table at 6pm sharp, and if it's not there he will come into the kitchen and complain every five minutes until it's ready. I think the latest it has ever been is about half past six. Once he annoyed me so much that I threw his dinner in the garden - he made himself a sandwich and watched everyone else eat their lovely dinner. He's an incredibly grumpy man that can't take the slightest bit of criticism, and he laughs at other people (including me) if they display the slightest bit of emotion about anything. He's also a Mason, which annoys the hell out of me.

He also thinks he knows best about everything. Example - I love cycling and I know a hell of a lot about it. He decided to buy the family new bikes last Christmas. The kind of cycling they do is, say, a 10-mile loop on gravel roads. The first thing I say is "Don't go out and buy some expensive, shiny mountain-bikes with suspension and knobbly tyres and loads of gears, they'll be slow on gravel roads and need loads of maintenance", then I spend a couple of hours finding some suitable bikes for him, my mother and my bro. Then he completely ignores me and buys exactly what I told him not to. Lo and behold, a year later they're in the garage, suspension and gears un-maintained and squeaking away. My mother complains that her bike is slow to ride and the gears are complicated and whatnot. I lend her my own bike, which is pretty similar to the one I recommended - she said 'I wish he had bought me a bike like this, I'd actually ride it'. I tell him this and he says [i]'Oh ratfrink, you don't understand blah blah blah[i]'. No, you prick, I understand extremely well, far better than you. In fact, it used to be my fucking job to recommend bikes to people.

My parents also say that they'll do stuff and then just not do it, with no explanation. Over christmas I needed to print something but we had no paper; my mother said she would get some when she went shopping. She came home at 8pm with no paper ('Oh I'm not driving all that way to get you some paper' - WTF? You said you were going shopping anyway!), the village shop was now closed for the weekend, and she went on holiday the next day (taking the car, and there are no buses where we live). I had to pay for a taxi to get to town, buy some paper, and get a taxi home - I think it cost me about thirty quid. If she had just phoned and said 'I don't have time to get the paper' I could've cycled to the village and bought some, but by the time she told me, the village shop was shut for the weekend. I know it's just a little thing, but it's fucking annoying, rude and selfish to tell someone that you'll do something and then, at the latest hour, decide you can't be bothered.

Needless to say I don't enjoy spending time with my parents. I feel very sorry for my little brother that he has to live with them.

Last edited by ratfrink; 01-09-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Count

Hypno-HAI Re: Pet Peeves: Little things your family and SOs do that piss you off

My old room mate was an ocd neat freak who was a slob at heart. So basically the apartment would jump from super clean, to horribly messy over the course of the day. Most of the messes were his (and hey, lets face it a lot were mine too), but he'd do incredibly dumb shit like take a turkey out of the freezer to thaw overnight - but he'd leave it in the sink and forget about it for a few days. I was out of town for a few days when he did that one, I came home to a rotting turkey left on the counter. He put it on the counter literally right next to the garbage can, his excuse: He didn't want the garbage stinking up the place. I had to resist beating him to death with that rotting turkey.

When the neat freak side was in charge, he'd bitch and whine about everything that was dirty and demand I stop whatever I was doing to help out with cleaning. I didn't really care too much about this, but he'd decide that we had to start cleaning at the most inappropriate times. I worked nights, and he worked days/afternoons so we were on opposite schedules for the most part. He'd decide on his day off to "totally clean the apartment" while I was trying to sleep for work that night. He demand I wake up and help and if I told him to fuck off (which was the usual outcome), he'd do passive aggressive shit like leave the vacuum running outside my rooms door or leave music playing loudly in his room while he went to the store for something.

Another time he phoned me from a friend's place requesting that I shampooed the carpet before I left for work because he was having people over that night. This was about 15 minutes before I had to start work (it was 10 min drive away) So I was literally walking out the door when he called. I told him "No can do, I'm leaving for work right now dude." and he went ballistic on me screaming that I never helped out blah blah blah. I laughed at him and told him he knew damn well what time I started work and that he was stupid to think I'd go into work late just so the carpet would look nice for his friends. He swore that there would be "serious consequences" if I didn't comply. I hung up on him. And went to work.

The serious consequences? He threatened to move out and stick me with the rent. I laughed and told him both our names were on the lease, not to mention the relatives he used to co-sign- The same relatives that he was planning on moving in with.

"How long do you think you'll be able to stay with them once the creditors start calling for the both of you?" I asked him. He would have had to move out of town and would probably have quit his job too seeing as he didn't have a car to drive back and forth.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongfu View Post
My old room mate was an ocd neat freak who was a slob at heart. So basically the apartment would jump from super clean, to horribly messy over the course of the day. Most of the messes were his (and hey, lets face it a lot were mine too), but he'd do incredibly dumb shit like take a turkey out of the freezer to thaw overnight - but he'd leave it in the sink and forget about it for a few days. I was out of town for a few days when he did that one, I came home to a rotting turkey left on the counter. He put it on the counter literally right next to the garbage can, his excuse: He didn't want the garbage stinking up the place. I had to resist beating him to death with that rotting turkey.

When the neat freak side was in charge, he'd bitch and whine about everything that was dirty and demand I stop whatever I was doing to help out with cleaning. I didn't really care too much about this, but he'd decide that we had to start cleaning at the most inappropriate times. I worked nights, and he worked days/afternoons so we were on opposite schedules for the most part. He'd decide on his day off to "totally clean the apartment" while I was trying to sleep for work that night. He demand I wake up and help and if I told him to fuck off (which was the usual outcome), he'd do passive aggressive shit like leave the vacuum running outside my rooms door or leave music playing loudly in his room while he went to the store for something.

Another time he phoned me from a friend's place requesting that I shampooed the carpet before I left for work because he was having people over that night. This was about 15 minutes before I had to start work (it was 10 min drive away) So I was literally walking out the door when he called. I told him "No can do, I'm leaving for work right now dude." and he went ballistic on me screaming that I never helped out blah blah blah. I laughed at him and told him he knew damn well what time I started work and that he was stupid to think I'd go into work late just so the carpet would look nice for his friends. He swore that there would be "serious consequences" if I didn't comply. I hung up on him. And went to work.

The serious consequences? He threatened to move out and stick me with the rent. I laughed and told him both our names were on the lease, not to mention the relatives he used to co-sign- The same relatives that he was planning on moving in with.

"How long do you think you'll be able to stay with them once the creditors start calling for the both of you?" I asked him. He would have had to move out of town and would probably have quit his job too seeing as he didn't have a car to drive back and forth.
That guy sounds like an ultra-faggot. Bitchiness like that is only expected from a woman.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Homicidal Rapist View Post
I hate everyone that recycles. It makes no difference and it ends up hurting the environment more than helping.
4/10
Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Marquis

Thanked 1,075 Times in 662 Posts

My mother chews and smacks with her mouth open. Absolutely disgusting.

She gets drunk rather often, and has these mannerisms she uses for when she's pretending to listen but it's painfully obvious she doesn't. It's always the same intation of "Really? Huh!" Additionally, she says "mhmm" randomly while walking around the house. It's weird.

She also has a tendency to nag passive-aggressively, as per her midwest roots.
Quote:
"Hey [reggie_love] did you send that letter to the phone company?"
"No, post office was closed today, I'll send it tomorrow."
"Could you please do that?"
In my head: BITCH WHAT DID I JUST SAY I WOULD DO?
My dad freaks out about air travel and panics, huffing and puffing and acting nervous, about arriving ultra-early; we frequently have to wait two hours at the gate because we got there so damn early.

Both of my parents are pretty deaf, my mom terribly so. I have to repeat myself regularly, even on the phone.

I love my parents and they've sacrificed so much to give me an awesome life. They're just a bit of a pain to live with. Which is why I don't live with my parents, awwww yeaaaah. This thread is full of ingrates.

Also, did you guys have the experience of being a teenager, and having your mother come by when you were in bed or in your room or something and they'd open the door to ask you something and after you'd be like "close the door please" on their way out and they wouldn't hear you or just not close the door? Was that not the most frustrating shit in the world? WTF was that all about?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Marquis

Thanked 1,075 Times in 662 Posts

Also, my girlfriend
WONT
STOP
TOUCHING ME

Especially in front of her ex (who is a mutual friend of ours) or her parents. She just cannot keep her hands to herself. She's always laying a hand on my thigh or shoulder or something, just because... I don't know, she can? I know I probably sound like I'm overreacting, but I don't know how to describe it, it's like she's ALWAYS touching me including times where I'd really rather not be "that couple." I'm talking to my boss, I want some personal space, dammit!

Or like a couple times when we were hiking and I was trying to balance over some rocks, she just rests her hand on my back without warning, making us both super unstable and almost tipping us over. Why? Is it so important to you that we be "in love" that you just have to maintain physical contact with me at all times, especially in public?

Last edited by reggie_love; 01-10-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Homicidal Rapist View Post
That guy sounds like an ultra-faggot. Bitchiness like that is only expected from a woman.
Yeah pretty much.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Wealthy Merchant

They attempt to re-Christianize me. It's irritating, but not infuriating to me anymore. I can't believe something when it doesn't make sense to me. Let it go peoples . . .

Although, my immediate family are some of the kindest people I've ever known, sometimes to a fault.

SO watches cooking shows too much; and shows like Ancient Aliens.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Mud Farmer

My brother comes round every month or so, he says one or two things every hour to me like if I have seen this bullshit movie or band, he eats a dinner I make for him and me, sleeps in my fucking house and then leaves in the morning (I have to give him a lift to the train station of course).

While he's here he downloads ten fucking things on the internet and I can't do anything on my computer, he watches his streams of boxing or whatever on his laptop then won't turn the sound off and then uses words like 'Awesome' and 'deffo' when he can.

But the worst thing is he leaves my room and bathroom in a fucking state, he pulls out drawers, leaves the bed un-made and leaves every single piece of shit out of place.

At least he only visits once and a while though, the fuck.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Count

Mad Re: Pet Peeves: Little things your family and SOs do that piss you off

when my dad tries to bang my girlfriends.