Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 02-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

Default Stealing From A Dept. Store

Sorry if the title was misleading, but I knew it would attract more people. This isn't a guide, but a question.

How would somebody go about breaking into say, Kmart at night and cleaning the place out? Any thought or ideas would be really helpful, as I was thinking about breaking into a Kmart near me. I would like to know of any ideas of how to break in without the alarm sounding, something low-key. There is no security near the area, however it is located near a main road with heavy traffic. Also, how many people do you think I would need to pull this off? I was thinking maybe just my partner and I and one more person in a couple of nights. One of my ideas was to spread this over a series of nights,maybe actually infiltrating one night, then coming back in a week to actually get the goods. I was thinking of maybe getting in through the roof. What tools would I require to do this? A sawzall, or something quieter do you think? Any productive thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you are going to flame this and say its a bad idea, then read the forum title.
Oh yeah, here's a pretty good drawing. Large X's are roads, small o's are parking lots.

XXXX (THOSE STORES ARE ALL CONNECTED)
XXXX
XXXX
XXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SIDE ROAD THAT IS FOR ALL THE DELIVERIES xxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx KMART+ A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STORES
XXXXoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
XXXX BANK
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXHEAVY TRAFFIC STREETXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooXXXX
XXXXooooooooooooooooSoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXooooooooooooooooHoMCDONALDSoooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXooooooooooooooooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXooooooooooooooooPoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXooooooooooooooooSoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXoooooooooooooSTAPLESooooooooooooooooooooooooooooXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
SO, IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS OR IDEAS TO HELP OUT, JUST POST THEM, ALSO IF ANYBODY HAS ANYTHING ELSE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME. IN FACT, PLEASE DO PM ME ABOUT EQUIPMENT, BEST TIMES, IF YOU KNOW OF PEOPLE WHO DID THIS, REALLY ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP ME.

Last edited by Trix Are For Kids; 02-16-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: It put all my text image together.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Serf

Default Re: Stealing From A Dept. Store

Ha most places have motion detectors. If can CAN get through the door/s, good luck being in the building a minute without the police being notified by the security company.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Knight

Thumbs Down Re: Stealing From A Dept. Store

Going in over multiple nights is possibly the stupidest idea I've read in this section for a while.

1/10.

Next.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 AM

Huh? Kmart is not a department store. If you do this, expect to get caught and spend lots of time in regional.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 AM
New Arrival

go in, take stuff and be out in less than 2-3 min, head away from where the cops are coming from, use a police scanner.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 AM

Yeah, do not go over multiple nights. Do it right the first time. Also draw up a map in paint next time, the one you posted kinda sucks.

Anyways back on totse someone posted a news article about how some guy hid in a kmart supply closet (I think that's what it was), then when the store closed and everyone left he got out and stole quite a bit of jewelry.

You could do it alone, a partner or two would also work. Figure out where the high priced items are located beforehand (jewelry, electronics, etc.) then make a plan of attack to get as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to GermanyOrFlorida

seriously?
I wouldn't waste my time giving advice or insight to this thread.
This question is coming from a guy who thinks that if you mix gasoline with jello, you get flaming green napalm
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyOrFlorida View Post
seriously?
I wouldn't waste my time giving advice or insight to this thread.
This question is coming from a guy who thinks that if you mix gasoline with jello, you get flaming green napalm
No, it was would you get green napalm, not you would. It was a question, not a statement.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

OK, so far I get:
1. Do not go over multiple nights
2. Cut power so motion detectors/phonelines fail.
3. I already know where the electronics are, I am planning on taking all the PSPs,Ipods,digital cams,PS3s
4. Kmart is a department store, dumbass.
5. Friend/friends

Last edited by Trix Are For Kids; 02-16-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Oranges
Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupanoob View Post
OK, so far I get:
1. Do not go over multiple nights
2. Cut power so motion detectors/phonelines fail.
3. I already know where the electronics are, I am planning on taking all the PSPs,Ipods,digital cams,PS3s
4. Kmart is a department store, dumbass.
5. Friend/friends
cutting the power is the easiest part. Just drive around the back and find a big circuit breaker box with a switch on it. There may be a padlock on it, just shim it or cut it off. Then flip the switch down and bam..Power is off.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

I was wondering about that, should I cut power, or if I can get in through the roof, should I leave it on? My friend and I were thinking about getting a cordless sawzall and taking it to the roof. There are very few houses around and no security or police, and it is on a heavy traffic road.

Last edited by Trix Are For Kids; 02-16-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Oranges
Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular

no, cut the power either way.. Then there will be nothing on. Bring a low glow flashlight.. Then if police do come, you can easily hide somewhere within the store...

I suggest cutting the power and just picking the lock of a back door... or cut the power and bust the front door.. Then run and hide for about 30 minutes.... If cops don't come, then you are in the clear.. Go in, fill up your bag of games or w/e you stole and high tail it outa there..
Old 02-17-2009, 12:49 AM

Here's a thought you honestly can do on your own - but you need a lot of will and patience. It happened in the store I work in not too long ago.. I got in deep shit for it. Another reason I hate my job.

You need to case it out and find a place to hide and sleep in for the night. Think of the movie Inside Man. You mainly need to just need to find a place (NOTE: NOT A FUCKING DRESSING ROOM. THEY CHECK THESE.) that has 1 entrance/door to it. Some kind of stock room, janitor's room, whatever. Be creative and look around. The guy at our store used this utility room that locked FROM THE FUCKING INSIDE! I tried warning them about this and no one would listen to me. By the looks of it, they probably cased it out over a few days/weeks. The scenario either unfolded with 1 of 2 (feasible) ways:

1 - they took merchandise bit by bit back there.
2 - they came out at night.

A lot of stores skate on their security systems. The infrared/motion either doesn't work good at all or they only focus it to point to the cash wraps. At any rate, we looked there the next morning because if they hadn't shattered every fucking jewelry case we had, we would have never known. Back in this little cubby hole was cigarette butts, a McDonald's bag (2 of them I think) and some soda cans. Now, this is sloppy. But, again, the store didn't have the gumption to process any of this for fucking evidence (DNA, prints, etc). I'd take small, concealable food like candy bars, cans of soda/water, nabs, bag of chips, etc. You may not even eat if you feel like you want to push it.

Now, before doing any of this I'd try to locate their security alarm panel somewhere (it's almost always located near entrance doors so managers can enable/disable upon entry/exit.) and write any pertinent info down (name/model #/serial #/etc) and google it. You'll find tons of flaws, errors, and tons of stuff to help you avoid detection. KMart around here is a shitty ass chain and no one boosts stuff from it that much because it sucks so bad so I can't testify to anything KMart has as far as security devices. Their LP team is weak though. Only 2 of them (i think) on Richmond Rd. in Lexington and they're both part-time.

Hope this helps. Just do your due diligence, be patient, and it'll pay off. You can snag tons of loot. You can either have a getaway car waiting on you, or be safe and walk out of the store the next morning during normal business hours. If you choose the latter, be sure to use KMart shopping bags and not some damn 30 gallon Hefty bag.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Regular

MAYBE 2 friends, at most. one who has an SUV/truck. what YOU will want to do is stay in after closing. this will allow you more time than breaking in and possibly setting off an alarm (which Im sure they have.) Go for electronics. Ipods, Iphones, Laptops, Game systems, basically the most expensive shit you can find.

Have a big ass duffel bag you can sling over your shoulder. sports bags work great. Make sure you know your exit and have your friend with the car across the street and out of site of the building. Get out as quick as possible through a door that has a "push latch", and have your backup escape lined up.

If you get fucked and the door wont open but the alarm is going off because of the door being fucked with, grab something heavy enough to break the closest glass door.
you have 2 minutes at most to get the fuck away before cops show up.

go in a week before you plan on doing this and map out where everything you want to snatch up is. Have a mini inventory going.

good luck
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

Thanks for all the ideas, but I have to say that we have done our research, my 2 partners and I, and it is almost impossible to hide in the store. Should we hide in the back stockroom? I can tell the general consensus is to stay in the store, but it's just not going to be easy.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 AM

If the stock room is all you have, then yeah go for it. Or a trick out of the Home Alone 2 book, hide in a playhouse if they have them in there.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Regular

Try hiding in a clothing rack...?? or get into a huge ass container..?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 AM

Also when you do find a place to hide, and you come out to the store and if some infrared alarm goes off.. just run back to your hiding spot immediately. They won't do a super extensive search.. they'll just skim over a few minutes of video surveillance (if they have any) and make sure there's no damage. Then you can just come out during regular business hours. You may not get any loot, but you won't get busted and you can refine your technique.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

So, we have checked it out more extensively today, one of my friends got one of his friends who is LP at another kmart to tell us about the security systems, and it seems that there are NO infared in the store at all!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:40 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,059 Times in 688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPonTheTake View Post
Here's a thought you honestly can do on your own - but you need a lot of will and patience. It happened in the store I work in not too long ago.. I got in deep shit for it. Another reason I hate my job.

You need to case it out and find a place to hide and sleep in for the night. Think of the movie Inside Man. You mainly need to just need to find a place (NOTE: NOT A FUCKING DRESSING ROOM. THEY CHECK THESE.) that has 1 entrance/door to it. Some kind of stock room, janitor's room, whatever. Be creative and look around. The guy at our store used this utility room that locked FROM THE FUCKING INSIDE! I tried warning them about this and no one would listen to me. By the looks of it, they probably cased it out over a few days/weeks. The scenario either unfolded with 1 of 2 (feasible) ways:

1 - they took merchandise bit by bit back there.
2 - they came out at night.

A lot of stores skate on their security systems. The infrared/motion either doesn't work good at all or they only focus it to point to the cash wraps. At any rate, we looked there the next morning because if they hadn't shattered every fucking jewelry case we had, we would have never known. Back in this little cubby hole was cigarette butts, a McDonald's bag (2 of them I think) and some soda cans. Now, this is sloppy. But, again, the store didn't have the gumption to process any of this for fucking evidence (DNA, prints, etc). I'd take small, concealable food like candy bars, cans of soda/water, nabs, bag of chips, etc. You may not even eat if you feel like you want to push it.

Now, before doing any of this I'd try to locate their security alarm panel somewhere (it's almost always located near entrance doors so managers can enable/disable upon entry/exit.) and write any pertinent info down (name/model #/serial #/etc) and google it. You'll find tons of flaws, errors, and tons of stuff to help you avoid detection. KMart around here is a shitty ass chain and no one boosts stuff from it that much because it sucks so bad so I can't testify to anything KMart has as far as security devices. Their LP team is weak though. Only 2 of them (i think) on Richmond Rd. in Lexington and they're both part-time.

Hope this helps. Just do your due diligence, be patient, and it'll pay off. You can snag tons of loot. You can either have a getaway car waiting on you, or be safe and walk out of the store the next morning during normal business hours. If you choose the latter, be sure to use KMart shopping bags and not some damn 30 gallon Hefty bag.
This.

If that isn't feasible for you, basically what everyone else has said:

Cut power
Bust in
Get out as quickly as possible

Edit: Tell us how it goes.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to macnolias

I'm wondering what worthwhile shit kmart even sells? The only thought that comes to mind is guns and video games? Unless you're hungry, you can find some good stale snacks.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM

They have tons of shit to steal, its like a walmart pretty much.
Anyway I wouldnt mind doing this, you can get a fair amount of stuff and probably make 10-15 grand each.
If you can actually cut power and get in unoticed, Id go as far as opening up the loading bay, getting a truck in there and loading the fucker up untill its full or theres no more expensive shit to take.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to macnolias

Well I'm pretty sure a good hiding place would be in the pillows or in the cloths racks. If you do get caught by a closing employee you just say you're playing hide and see with your imaginary friend!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

If I could blow the power undetected, then the plan is to open the loading bay and get my van in.