Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 03-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Marquis

Default How to rip off vending machines

So I know back on totse we had a ton of files on this, none of which really worked. So is their any way to really get free change or free drinks/snacks out of a vending machine?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Duke

Confused Re: How to rip off vending machines

Smash them open?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Baron

Default Re: How to rip off vending machines

Not anymore. Really, I've dug through all the files and googled my ass off back then. You aren't going to find more than you already know from the old files.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM

just as a matter of interest, how do i read the threads on the old totse site? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Archduke

Open them up.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Regular

This is something ive always wondered about myself, and ive done a little research into it. From what i found out, you can only get shit out of older vending machines, newer ones are pretty well secured.
But i did just have an idea... what about getting ahold of like a master key to a coke or pepsi vending machine? im sure SOMEONE has one, then all you would have to do is fork over a little cash to buy it off them, make some copies, and sell them and become the next VP lol
ill look into this master key thing and report anything i find. if anyone else wants to help me out a little on this that would be great!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
New Arrival

there was a trick for old coke machines where you had to hold your mobile phone IR against the bending amchines IR and then it wouldn't charge anything of the money but you'll get the coke, i'm not sure whether this is working nowadays... otherwise get some explosives or steal the whole machine
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,940 Posts

I'm pretty sure vending machines don't have master keys.

You can use a tubular lock pick to open most pretty easily, unless they have an Ace II lock.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post

You can use a tubular lock pick to open most pretty easily, unless they have an Ace II lock.
Correct, they do not. I used to stock machines when I was younger, the locks might not be to hard to pick.

I remember one time I went over to this kids neighborhood and there was this vending machine down by the golf courses, we went up to it (this is back when I used to stock machines) and I told him I know a secreat way to open these machines, totaly bullshitting of course, so anyway I just kinda plam punched the lock and it popped open, if you have ever opend a machine you know the lock pops open and you twist it until the door unlocks, so anways I opend it got free sodas and about $50 in ones and some fat pocketfuls of change.

Last edited by FrY; 03-09-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post

dude EVERYTHING has a master key. All the coke or pepsi dudes have a key to open the machines to refill them, im pretty sure every machine doesnt have a unique key, nobody could ever keep track of that many keys.

Master keys are the answer to damn near anything, my dad has a john deere master key that works on all john deere engines. its from the mid 90s, so mabe it wont work on newer ones, but its starts anything 90s or earlier
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
313 (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Wealthy Merchant

There's a difference between a master key and faulty manufacturing, when we had our 90's John Deere tractor, you could start it with a screwdriver from day one.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUSE! View Post
There's a difference between a master key and faulty manufacturing, when we had our 90's John Deere tractor, you could start it with a screwdriver from day one.
hahah well yeah some shit is just faulty, but my dad worked for some company directly under john deere, and all the workers got a master key so they could easily switch between equipment without the hassle of getting the right keys from another worker. he just never gave the key back.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

You could use the dollar bill trick. Cut or rip it in a certain spot and it'll give you a credit while spitting back the cash.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYL3R13 View Post
dude EVERYTHING has a master key. All the coke or pepsi dudes have a key to open the machines to refill them, im pretty sure every machine doesnt have a unique key, nobody could ever keep track of that many keys.

Master keys are the answer to damn near anything, my dad has a john deere master key that works on all john deere engines. its from the mid 90s, so mabe it wont work on newer ones, but its starts anything 90s or earlier
I had a diffrent key for 8 diffrent machines, one time a lock got jammed I called a repair guy, when he came out I asked him about the the locks.

Diffrent models have diffrent sets of keys so you have to get the specfic key for that model, there is such a large variation of machines even you somehow got a key to a specific one the owner would find out after the first raid and change the locks.

When the guy came out to fix the lock he had to take the old one apart and basicly breaking it, and installed a new lock and we got a new key.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYL3R13 View Post

Well, if they do have master keys they're probably only for a certain region. Regardless, it'd be pretty difficult to get one.

If you do manage to pick a machine with a tubular lock you could decode it and use that information to make a key. If the locks are keyed alike by region that would make things a lot easier.

http://www.southord.com/Lock-Picking...on-TPXA-8.html
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung
Old 03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Archduke

Buy one of your own and then take it open and examine all the inner componets and part and look for ways to trick the machine into despensing all of it's change.

There was this guy who did that but with slot machines. He invented various devices that could be stuck into the coin slot and make the machine add a bunch of credits. One was an led light on a little stick. He was caught because he did it everyday, getting thousands everyday. If you invent a device like that don't use it too much.

Problem?

Last edited by Actor; 03-10-2010 at 01:42 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
313 (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
King of Detroit

Send a message via AIM to 313

I seen the master key in use. so they definetly exist...saw it at school. Ill try to get it if i ever get the chance. Any place that has a vending machine gets a copy. So in theory you could buy a vending machine and just use the key to jack shit.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Marquis

What about the "tape on a dollar bill" one? You attach a handle to the dollar bill via tape, let the machine take it and just pull it back out. If that really works, I could keep a $1-tape thing in my wallet all the time and do it any time I want.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stendhal_Syndrome View Post
What about the "tape on a dollar bill" one? You attach a handle to the dollar bill via tape, let the machine take it and just pull it back out. If that really works, I could keep a $1-tape thing in my wallet all the time and do it any time I want.
It would not work, it would simply either tear the dollar bill or the tape. It sucks the money into the holding chamber, and forcing it back out would be nearly impossible.
That might have worked on older machines, but once the vending machine companies found out that people were trying that, the changed how the money slot is designed to prevent the money from being retracted.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Count

Go to work for the vending company. They will give you a uniform, a truck, boxes and boxes of candy and snacks, and keys to the vending machines. Then, when you are stocking the machines, you can take some of the snacks and stuff them in your pockets. The PERFECT CRIME !
OH ! OH !- I just thought of something even better ! You could [b]take some of the money in the vending machines FOR YOURSELF !
Seriously, I should be SELLING this advice instead of giving it away for free.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_vercetti View Post
It would not work, it would simply either tear the dollar bill or the tape. It sucks the money into the holding chamber, and forcing it back out would be nearly impossible.
That might have worked on older machines, but once the vending machine companies found out that people were trying that, the changed how the money slot is designed to prevent the money from being retracted.
Correct, it does go into a holding chamber, you would be wasting good tape and money.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrY View Post
Correct, it does go into a holding chamber, you would be wasting good tape and money.
Not even if you used clear packing tape and covered almost the entire bill? I did it once back in the day, but didn't have time to go to the machine, so I gave it to a friend and never heard a thing about it.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Counterfeit coins.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 47 47 View Post
Not even if you used clear packing tape and covered almost the entire bill? I did it once back in the day, but didn't have time to go to the machine, so I gave it to a friend and never heard a thing about it.
Well the bill get taken down into a box that you can remove from the machine. The box is located about a half foot to a foot below where you put the dollar in. Its not like a straight feed system at least not in the newer ones.

I can imagine a machine that takes the money sraight in but on all the ones I worked on this tape method would have been hard to pull off.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrY View Post
Well the bill get taken down into a box that you can remove from the machine. The box is located about a half foot to a foot below where you put the dollar in. Its not like a straight feed system at least not in the newer ones.

I can imagine a machine that takes the money sraight in but on all the ones I worked on this tape method would have been hard to pull off.
True. And about covering the entire bill with tape, I not 100% sure, but i REALLY doubt it would accept it. I dont know how vending machines can determine what value bill your feeding it, but a dollar covered in tape would likely not be accepted. Even if it did take it, pulling the dollar back up through a system thats meant to move a dollar one way would be like trying to drive the wrong way over these:
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Wealthy Merchant

There is no magical "Master Key", I worked with a dude who had about 20 machines and there were different keys for each. He said he could buy all new locks and have them for the same key much as some homeowners do for their front and back door. I think that is as close as you would get; an owner specific key, not manufacturer.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkem View Post
There is no magical "Master Key", I worked with a dude who had about 20 machines and there were different keys for each. He said he could buy all new locks and have them for the same key much as some homeowners do for their front and back door. I think that is as close as you would get; an owner specific key, not manufacturer.
Exactly, I was that guy at one point.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_vercetti View Post
True. And about covering the entire bill with tape, I not 100% sure, but i REALLY doubt it would accept it. I dont know how vending machines can determine what value bill your feeding it, but a dollar covered in tape would likely not be accepted.
About the machine figuring out the value, if you ever hold a 5, 10, 20, etc up to the light you can see this strip on the left about 1/4 to the right. My teacher who knows everything about money said thats how the new machines read the value. You can actually extract the strip quite easily. He also mentioned that kids glue them to paper and put them in vending machines and it reads it as money. I tried it once but I don't think I precisely cut the paper and I was way young in high school. It sounds plausible and might actually work.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper78 View Post
About the machine figuring out the value, if you ever hold a 5, 10, 20, etc up to the light you can see this strip on the left about 1/4 to the right. My teacher who knows everything about money said thats how the new machines read the value. You can actually extract the strip quite easily. He also mentioned that kids glue them to paper and put them in vending machines and it reads it as money. I tried it once but I don't think I precisely cut the paper and I was way young in high school. It sounds plausible and might actually work.

Ahhh.... That makes sense.
But don't you ruin the bill when you take the strip out? Therefor you're short a dollar anyway!! Hahaha
Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Taste my Rainbow ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpain View Post
Counterfeit coins.
Has anyone ever tried using circular pieces of metal in them? Or are there specific weight/size/texture restrictions?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
Has anyone ever tried using circular pieces of metal in them? Or are there specific weight/size/texture restrictions?
There was a theory you could put a penny and a dime in a vise and grind the penny down to the size of the dime. I would only try it if you have a belt sander or something though, it sounds like it would take a long time to get 10.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Peasant

I found a penny and dime glued together one time. It was the size and width of a dime, but 2 different halves. Idk if it was sanded or cut, but it seems like too much work unless u had a system or something.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Crazy Handz Send a message via MSN to Mr. Crazy Handz Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Crazy Handz
Arrow Re: How to rip off vending machines

Quote:

Why would you waste the time and effort on cutting out the strip and gluing it to a piece of paper? It would be the same as just using the original bill, so why do it?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crazy Handz View Post
Why would you waste the time and effort on cutting out the strip and gluing it to a piece of paper? It would be the same as just using the original bill, so why do it?
Because you can go spend the original bill you took it from. But that won't work, it's been tried before and it doesn't. The bill acceptor scans the surface of the bill and also detects the magnetic ink used in currency.

What I was thinking was make a counterfeit bill but then print it with magnetic ink and try using it in a change machine or something.

Problem?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Peasant

money i dont know about ....merch from vends is simple. whenever you see a vend in a secluded spot run your hand above it and look for any pinholes of light emitting form the top. usually this is where a small machine screw is missing. take a wire coat hanger and fish it down through the hole. grab one wire spiral at a time and shake loose the contents into the drop bay. simple this work great at older hotels and motels if your staying and need food on the cheap. if they dont have a camera do it late when they are secured in their bullet proof booth and are not allowed to leave till AM shift arrives... even easier than free movies from REDBOX
Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Peasant

Hmm some interesting ideas floating around. When I get to florida I'm gonna report my findings. The coat hanger idea is mad clever, but seems too few and far between.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Marquis

Thing is In the uk they work. Why?because we get america's old style vending.One vending machine i know you can get two bottles of drink for the price of 1.
I can get free snacks from one vending machine which costs £1 a snack.
Iv never done this as it will be wrong and illegal.
But there is always one old skool way of getting all you want from any vending machine.
Requirements:

They must have a lock on them. You must have a set of lock picks.
A good 70% of vender's can be open with picks. The tubular locks are piss easy to open
you just buy a tubular lock pick and within seconds the locks open and you can get a key cut from it.

That way you can get money and free food or drink from the machines. If your daring enough. Iv never tried it because i would get kicked out of work if i did it.
The old tricks have been rearranged

Engaged in crime I grasp my throat
Enraged my mind starts to smoke
Enforce a mental overload
Angry again, angry again, angry
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Taste my Rainbow ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stendhal_Syndrome View Post
There was a theory you could put a penny and a dime in a vise and grind the penny down to the size of the dime. I would only try it if you have a belt sander or something though, it sounds like it would take a long time to get 10.
Quote:
I found a penny and dime glued together one time. It was the size and width of a dime, but 2 different halves. Idk if it was sanded or cut, but it seems like too much work unless u had a system or something.
What if you managed to find a metal rod the same diameter as a coin and when cut is the same weight? This would be a lot easier to reproduce as all you would need is a band saw or hack saw + vice.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Marquis

This is pretty irrelevent due this only working on old 15cent coke machines but you used to be able to rub a penny on the ground until it was about the size of a dime and put two into the machine so you would get a free coke and a nickel back.

Just take the nickel into a store and change it out for 5 more pennys and repeat.

My dad told me about this one along time ago.

If you really want to do this just get a time machine first.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
What if you managed to find a metal rod the same diameter as a coin and when cut is the same weight? This would be a lot easier to reproduce as all you would need is a band saw or hack saw + vice.
It would have to be the correct width along with the same diameter and weight, and I'm sure finding a metal rod which would produce a near-perfect replica on a coin would be difficult. If you found it I'm sure it could pay off though.