Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Love, Lust, and Relationships

Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Why men and women don't get along no more?

You know, the more threads I read, the more I observe people around me in real life, the more I notice the youngest generations of women are being extremely careless and ungrateful towards men.

I don't know where this has begun, but it seems that somewhere down the line, it has been decided that men have no feelings or that they are just not worth any of a woman's time, unless they meet often impossible standards.

I see so many male friends being crushed and broken by some bitch. I see so many girlfriends bitching about their useless boyfriends or about how men are just selfish douchebags who only think of making them feel like dirt. It's as if the already difficult communication that existed between men and women has become downright impossible.

Whenever a man asks a woman for something, she feels as if he wants to dominate her. Whenever a women tells a guy to do something, he feels like she wants to castrate him.

Women no longer seem to understand that men have extremely fragile egos and that it doesn't help to belittle and manipulate a man in a relationship. Men no longer know how to act towards women, fearing to be hit if they ever say the wrong thing. Which results in men becoming more and more misogynistic (get in the kitchen anyone?) and women becoming misandrists (men are disgusting pigs and such).

And it seems that every single love-related thing right now is more about turning men versus women and vice-versa rather than helping them living happily together, which is normally the purpose of long-term relationships (one-night-stands don't apply obviously).

Women expect men to express love the way THEY want, not caring that men actually do express love their own incredibly simple way that has NOTHING to do with what women's magazine say, and bend to their every desire.

Men want women to be submissive so they can mend their hurt manhood and feel a little more virile, not understanding that being violent towards women doesn't equate manhood at all and telling a woman "get in the kitchen and STFU, bitch" never scored a girl to any man.

How did we get there? What happened?

Some blame Feminism, which is partly true since today's Feminism is made of man-hating middle-class White Lesbians. True Feminism, the one that actually had a purpose back in the days, is now reduced to nothing. Some others blame the derailment of morals caused by out-of-control consumerism and the terrible influence of new media.

What do you think?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Duke

Default Re: Why men and women don't get along no more?

The youngest generations eh?

The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
313 (03-30-2010), Lysergic Rain (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Baron

Send a message via MSN to Name's Taken
Confused Re: Why men and women don't get along no more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensozia View Post
And it seems that every single love-related thing right now is more about turning men versus women and vice-versa rather than helping them living happily together, which is normally the purpose of long-term relationships (one-night-stands don't apply obviously).
Quote:
The supply of good women far exceeds that of men who deserve them.
lol y u hypocrisy
Old 03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,138 Posts

I blame the media and advertising for using Freudian psychology to manipulate the feelings of people. Of course both men and women have had bad seeds for a long time, but I think much of the incompatibility between men and women in the modern day is due to each sex being persuaded into acting certain ways and wanting certain things. In the female world, trying to be as feminine/attractive as possible and obtaining as many objects as possible is encouraged in the media. In the male world, being as masculine as possible and acting like a brutal/heartless/cowardly asshole is encouraged.

Before the media became huge, people(to a degree, anyway) acted in a natural fashion with the only power of suggestion being that of societal norms.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
L33tz (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 AM
SSSCCCRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
You know, the more threads I read, the more I observe people around me in real life, the more I notice the youngest generations of women are being extremely careless and ungrateful towards men.

I don't know where this has begun, but it seems that somewhere down the line, it has been decided that men have no feelings or that they are just not worth any of a woman's time, unless they meet often impossible standards.

I see so many male friends being crushed and broken by some bitch. I see so many girlfriends bitching about their useless boyfriends or about how men are just selfish douchebags who only think of making them feel like dirt. It's as if the already difficult communication that existed between men and women has become downright impossible.

Whenever a man asks a woman for something, she feels as if he wants to dominate her. Whenever a women tells a guy to do something, he feels like she wants to castrate him.

Women no longer seem to understand that men have extremely fragile egos and that it doesn't help to belittle and manipulate a man in a relationship. Men no longer know how to act towards women, fearing to be hit if they ever say the wrong thing. Which results in men becoming more and more misogynistic (get in the kitchen anyone?) and women becoming misandrists (men are disgusting pigs and such).

Women expect men to express love the way THEY want, not caring that men actually do express love their own incredibly simple way that has NOTHING to do with what women's magazine say, and bend to their every desire.

Men want women to be submissive so they can mend their hurt manhood and feel a little more virile, not understanding that being violent towards women doesn't equate manhood at all and telling a woman "get in the kitchen and STFU, bitch" never scored a girl to any man.

How did we get there? What happened?

Some blame Feminism, which is partly true since today's Feminism is made of man-hating middle-class White Lesbians. True Feminism, the one that actually had a purpose back in the days, is now reduced to nothing. Some others blame the derailment of morals caused by out-of-control consumerism and the terrible influence of new media.

What do you think?
so , in essence, what you are saying is that feminism is both overtly and covertly trying to destroy the man-woman relationship and that feminism is the utmost evil and should be attacked at every opportunity?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,529 Posts

People have become more fragile, corrupted and materialistic these days. That's what happened. Everyone is brainwashed by the media and we're basically a generation raised by television and lies.

EDIT: Godamnit Mutant Funk Drink. I blame my slow internet But well said either way.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Baron

my theory.

in all animals, there is a dominant sex.
i dont know why this is, but its pretty fucking common to most animals, and so im assuming there is some reason for it. back in the day, women were obviously much more submissive in a relationship. nowadays theyre pretty much equal in everything. this is fucking soceity up.

we should have gunned down feminism, basically.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Duke

Men gave women their rights.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysik View Post
my theory.

i dont know why this is, but its pretty fucking common to most animals, and so im assuming there is some reason for it. back in the day, women were obviously much more submissive in a relationship. nowadays theyre pretty much equal in everything. this is fucking soceity up.

It's called reproduction
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
The youngest generations eh?

Look if you've got nothing interesting to say, please stay out.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name's Taken View Post
lol y u hypocrisy

What hypocrisy? If you take all signature quotes seriously, your brain is going to explode...
Old 03-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
so , in essence, what you are saying is that feminism is both overtly and covertly trying to destroy the man-woman relationship and that feminism is the utmost evil and should be attacked at every opportunity?
Not at all. I'm saying Feminism USED to have a purpose back when women were denied to exist. But now yes, Feminism is really turning relationships upside down.

Men and women are supposed to live together and try to do so with the least harm done to one another. If men beating on their wives is not helping, women walking all over their husband doesn't help either. It's like we've traded on evil for another just as evil.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysik View Post
my theory.

Nope. Too simplistic. Men and women depend on each other to a painful point. Demanding submission from somebody you depend on doesn't make sense and only brings about resentment. The thing you can demand though: respect.

Because, when you look at it, Feminism has been created in times where women were denied to exist in society as a reaction to men's misogyny. But it should have known where to stop ie equal rights and duties in front of the law, as well as equal dignity as human beings. But all the rest is bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
I blame the media and advertising for using Freudian psychology to manipulate the feelings of people. Of course both men and women have had bad seeds for a long time, but I think much of the incompatibility between men and women in the modern day is due to each sex being persuaded into acting certain ways and wanting certain things. In the female world, trying to be as feminine/attractive as possible and obtaining as many objects as possible is encouraged in the media. In the male world, being as masculine as possible and acting like a brutal/heartless/cowardly asshole is encouraged.

Before the media became huge, people(to a degree, anyway) acted in a natural fashion with the only power of suggestion being that of societal norms.
I think this is a big part of the subject. There is a portrayal of gender roles in the media that is really fucked up.

If you want to see them more precisely, check out this link, it speaks for itself:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...DoubleStandard
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Duke

Quote:
Look if you've got nothing interesting to say, please stay out.
You're obviously butthurt about a prior relationship. Maybe you should just learn to love the cock?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
You're obviously butthurt about a prior relationship. Maybe you should just learn to love the cock?
Good for you.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Special Kid

Roll Eyes Re: Why men and women don't get along no more?

Men and women get along just fine.

Leave the ones who don't get along to their own devices and stop assuming their actions are representative of everyone.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,720 Times in 1,059 Posts

The media is to blame.

Every time I walk by a rack of glossy magazines, I feel like this guy:

[youtube]7Lwlx3GnLGs[/youtube]

Except what they got wrong, is that there are no "bad guys". I mean, when they are writing articles for "Cosmo", it's not like they are trying to fulfil some evil agenda. They just don't know any better.

I can relate to this:

[youtube]Y869l-35JLQ[/youtube]

The best girls I've ever met were from small remote towns and villages, where their exposure to this crap was limited.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Duke

Feminization of society is to blame. That's my opinion. White feminazi lesbos gone wild with the law.

But thing is... why the fuck should I care? It's not like I'll change all of society to my whim. If women are this pathetic then I can just ignore them, because I would be a fool to sacrifice my independence for some moist orifice I can get cheaper.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Count

A lot of it has to due with immediate gratification. Anyone who thinks, a relationship doesn't need work, it should just work is an idiot...because even great relationships, when they are running smoothly require work. The problem is that today, both women and men want what they want, and want it now. There is no longer any commitment, there is no thick and thin.

It's just, if it's not perfect, i'll get a new one...and its not like that with just relationships, its with everything.

Anyone remember this commercial from hyundai a few years back?

[youtube]DaTDVU19oOU[/youtube]
Old 03-21-2010, 02:59 PM
serious busniess

Social Castration.
The social castration of men. It's a term I thought of but seeing as how there is no original thought left in the world there are a few people that have used it in the same capacity that I'm about to.

Basically it started with feminism. Feminism was a mean to an end; they had no idea when to stop. Now feminism is a bad word because of the things mentioned earlier. Feminists are too busy taking power away from men. The male influence is being devalued and we're the bad guys. We're depicted as picking on the weaker sex. And what does this do? It castrated us.

This new attitude is the reason there are so few young men out there. Just last night I met a girl and she told me how before we met me she was afraid that I was just another "nice guy." Well only half of that is right, I'm nice but I'm a man.

So there we go, women are tired of being "repressed" and many want a dominant role in society but they are suffering a man shortage.

So why is this happening? Because governments and big business LOVE it! What is better than feminizing men for selling stuff? Traditionally women are the gathers: women like shopping. So if we feminize men it will only boost sales. If we feminize men who will stand up to the government? They say never get between a mama bear and her cub and yes, the bond between a mother and child is a formidable one but that does nothing for protecting our rights. If men disappear the government will have no obstacles other than Mothers Against Drunk Driving and other crazy women trying to "protect" their children.

The Dichotomous Dilemma.
Humans only see black and white, us and them. There is no middle ground. It's all or nothing. Feminism won't be halted until they have it all.

It's been Men vs Women for the last 80? years what an epic battle. Men are from Mars Women are from Venus.

Until we can see each other as equals and acknowledge the genders are DIFFERENT we'll be stuck in this rut.

Women are Naturally Submissive.
Gender differences. Women are trying to play a role they are unequipped to play. I'm not saying this to be a misogynist. Every women I've ever been with has this conflict in her. She's been told her entire life she's better than men, can do anything she wants and doesn't need to take our crap. She is controlling and feigns domination. Then the lights go out.

I've found that most women want a man in bed. A man that takes complete control and knows how to get the job done. By the time she lets you in her pants she is so tired of trying to control everything about you that she just lets go of that.

I find women respond so much more to a strong man that knows she deserves respect, not worship.

A generation of men raised by women.
-Fight Club
It's true. Since all our father figures have been reduced to nothing us male children have no where to turn. We look to our mothers for everything.

Women that give dating advice to men have the same things to say every time:
"Just be yourself" - if you aren't a man yet what good is that?
"You're such a nice guy, I don't know why you can't get a date." - why don't you date me? Oh yeah, you don't like "nice boys."
blah blah blah, you've all heard it.

The Womens' Identity Crisis
Just like men women are suffering an identity crisis. There is the old version of being a woman that was well defined. Now there is this new one that is half man, half women. There is no definition of womanhood. They're confused and it's feminism's fault.

take this article with a grain of salt: http://thehathorlegacy.com/fight-clu...ised-by-women/

Quote:
I blame the media and advertising for using Freudian psychology to manipulate the feelings of people.
I blame the media but Freud was full of shit. Very little of his "research" has been verified. Did you know he never took notes during his sessions and that his subjects were almost entirely middle aged women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
A lot of it has to due with immediate gratification. Anyone who thinks, a relationship doesn't need work, it should just work is an idiot...because even great relationships, when they are running smoothly require work. The problem is that today, both women and men want what they want, and want it now. There is no longer any commitment, there is no thick and thin.

It's just, if it's not perfect, i'll get a new one...and its not like that with just relationships, its with everything.
I agree with this too. I have a habit of staying involved longer than I should because I want to make things work when the other party is too busy gazing off into the distance and all the other grass.

Last edited by calatron; 03-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Bensozia (03-21-2010), Fenrir (03-22-2010), SLIM (03-21-2010), The Jitterskull (03-21-2010), THIS IS IMPORTANT GODDAMNIT (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

^ I don't really buy the whole "men are getting feminized" thing.

I mean, when were men more masculine? In the 30s?

In the 70s?

[youtube]69VsAEafSgM[/youtube]

Today's "gangstas"?

I think the "instant gratification" issue that Arcade described plays a much bigger role here.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
"Al"

Thanked 1,405 Times in 955 Posts

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/

Not the full reason but part of it... Back in the 1950s if a girl acted the way they're allowed to now a good stiff backhand would sort it all out.

So I blame societys allowance of the behavior and the legal system for justifying it.

Al
Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
serious busniess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHODAN View Post
^ I don't really buy the whole "men are getting feminized" thing.

I mean, when were men more masculine? In the 30s?

In the 70s?

[youtube]69VsAEafSgM[/youtube]

Today's "gangstas"?

I think the "instant gratification" issue that Arcade described plays a much bigger role here.
It's a process that's been going on since the beginning of the suffrage movement.

And gangstahs? Seriously? Have you noticed how black men don't like dating black women? Black women are the most dominant, controlling and aggressive of the female gender. At least in America. So yeah, even those "hard niggas" are being feminized.

There are exceptions to every rule.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by calatron View Post
It's a process that's been going on since the beginning of the suffrage movement.

And gangstahs? Seriously? Have you noticed how black men don't like dating black women? Black women are the most dominant, controlling and aggressive of the female gender. At least in America. So yeah, even those "hard niggas" are being feminized.

There are exceptions to every rule.
European middle-class men of the XIX century don't seem to be more masculine than today either.

What do you mean by "getting feminized" anyway? Anything short of this?

[youtube]UhXPqKzzkqQ[/youtube]
Old 03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
serious busniess

Dandyism was indeed a dark time for mankind.

I mean that men are being taught to act a certain way. Women(and capitalist society, actually any government interested in repressing the masses and staying in control) want men to become this watered down version of being a man.

I'm not talking about beating and controlling women. I'm talking about being confident, firm, respectful(to everyone except those who deserve otherwise), productive and motivated. You can't browse this forum as much as you do and tell me there isn't a lack of masculinity facing this generation and the last.

Kids play sports where no score is kept. "Everyone is a winner" comes shouting from the sidelines packed with soccer moms.

So many single mothers are left to face the realities of parenting alone. Where are these boys supposed to get manly advice?

Women want a sensitive man but complain when they find one because he isn't exciting.

People don't know what they want other than they know they want it now.

It's sad that boys today don't know what it means to be a man. When they look it up they get answers like that clip you posted. I know, I was there. I had to discover my own path. Maybe that's what it means to be a man: walking into the woods, finding your own path out and having the confidence to stay the path even if you don't know for sure it's the right one.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHODAN View Post
European middle-class men of the XIX century don't seem to be more masculine than today either.

What do you mean by "getting feminized" anyway? Anything short of this?

[youtube]UhXPqKzzkqQ[/youtube]
That made me lol.

First of all, somebody mentioned a link to TVtropes earlier, which is sadly very true. Man is always seen as the aggressive, heartless, rapist animal. A man that's not is seen as a pussy. That's a very thin line to walk.

And I don't mean dressing in tops (for men) and tight clothing, albeit this is also a certain indicator. I mean men partaking in womanly activities such as:

- substituting cunning for strength - ie. not taking care of a problem you have with something/somebody, but bitching about, scheming etc.

- investing more and more time in pimping themselves with cosmetics, cloths, etc.

This strangely seems to go with Veblen's Theory of Leisure Class - once having an unworkable women in high heels, corset was a sign of being able to provide for her, meaning you were rich and well off. Now, having nice cloths, lots of cosmetics seems to have replaced that ie. the men have now become women where work isn't judged by how much conspicuous consumption you can indulge in by pimping out your woman, but how much you can pimp out yourself. Except this investing in yourself is superficial, because instead of working, working out, learning you're investing in gizmos and nice smelling water.

Does this make sense?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:

I mean that men are being taught to act a certain way. Women(and capitalist society, actually any government interested in repressing the masses and staying in control) want men to become this watered down version of being a man.
That would be any government, then.

Quote:
I'm not talking about beating and controlling women. I'm talking about being confident, firm, respectful(to everyone except those who deserve otherwise), productive and motivated. You can't browse this forum as much as you do and tell me there isn't a lack of masculinity facing this generation and the last.

Kids play sports where no score is kept. "Everyone is a winner" comes shouting from the sidelines packed with soccer moms.
They do? We always kept a score when we played.

Quote:
So many single mothers are left to face the realities of parenting alone. Where are these boys supposed to get manly advice?

Women want a sensitive man but complain when they find one because he isn't exciting.

It's sad that boys today don't know what it means to be a man. When they look it up they get answers like that clip you posted. I know, I was there. I had to discover my own path. Maybe that's what it means to be a man: walking into the woods, finding your own path out and having the confidence to stay the path even if you don't know for sure it's the right one.
I see what you are saying. I agree.

What I disagree with, is that you seem to believe that it was better at some point in the past, not too long ago. While all the evidence that I find points me to the idea that it was never any different - short of the ancient world, and even that is questionable.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:21 PM
serious busniess

Yes, especially with younger kids and some private schools. They play sports where no score is kept. At least here in the States that is.

What it means to be a man changes I suppose. Those fops were feminine but the women in that society still had their place and men theirs.

So maybe the real threat to manhood is the social contract?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Wealthy Merchant

And there I was thinking this thread would go to the drain like so many others when you try to discuss things seriously and courteously...

Thank you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade View Post

Anyone remember this commercial from hyundai a few years back?

[youtube]DaTDVU19oOU[/youtube]
I think this is one is actually right on the dot. As I said in another thread, nobody wants to be questioned anymore, nobody wants to commit anymore or to fix things, they just want to change.

Which means that everything in life is becoming disposable and interchangeable. People no longer know what they want and simply go from fad to fad, not actually mustering enough interest or enough courage to commit, just trying to find enjoyment wherever they can find it and shunning work.

I think this actually has a role in this whole decay of relationships since none means actually more than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidIce View Post
That made me lol.

First of all, somebody mentioned a link to TVtropes earlier, which is sadly very true. Man is always seen as the aggressive, heartless, rapist animal. A man that's not is seen as a pussy. That's a very thin line to walk.

And I don't mean dressing in tops (for men) and tight clothing, albeit this is also a certain indicator. I mean men partaking in womanly activities such as:

- substituting cunning for strength - ie. not taking care of a problem you have with something/somebody, but bitching about, scheming etc.

- investing more and more time in pimping themselves with cosmetics, cloths, etc.

This strangely seems to go with Veblen's Theory of Leisure Class - once having an unworkable women in high heels, corset was a sign of being able to provide for her, meaning you were rich and well off. Now, having nice cloths, lots of cosmetics seems to have replaced that ie. the men have now become women where work isn't judged by how much conspicuous consumption you can indulge in by pimping out your woman, but how much you can pimp out yourself. Except this investing in yourself is superficial, because instead of working, working out, learning you're investing in gizmos and nice smelling water.

Does this make sense?
It does.

In the States, fortunately not where I live, there is this channel also lambasted by TVTropes: Lifetime. In Lifetime, you can't be a manly man and be a good person. And this attitude is now so pervasive I think it contributed to the whole "castration" calatron is talking about.

Feminism as it is played off on TV is a movement lead by middle class White Lesbians who just hate men just as much as men used to contempt women back in the days. TvTropes is very informative in this matter since now, in TV and movies, women who are feminine in the traditional sense of the word are seen as "weak".
Yet, the portrayal of women when they are taking action is no better. They are either sexualised or evil, and if they're neither, they're ineffectual. Whereas men who are evidently virile, are always violent and dishonourable bullies who pick on the poor defenceless women just for the hell of it.

So it's a dead end. Movies and TV no longer convey any message that is free from insidious implications about genders that confuses completely the young generations.

Quote:

The thing is, little girls no longer know what t means to be a woman either. Femininity has been completely hammered by society as of late, just like masculinity. As you said, it's like there is no moderation, it's all black or all white, which is completely stupid when you know that there is no such thing as absolute when it comes to human beings.

Also, there is this thing with the contraceptive pill. By neutralizing the ovulation of women, contraceptive pills make them constantly "neuter" in that they are always looking for a suitable life-partner, not a mate to have sex with. Naturally, women are drawn to the biggest and strongest men when they are ovulating since it's a guarantee of good and strong genes for their spawn. But once ovulation is over, they feel it's not that nice to put up with a hairy, dirty, boorish slob. So in this period, they prefer guys with less testosterone and a more "sensitive" feel to them. Which brought about men grooming themselves up a little more but it was generally mild and not very damageable.

Actually, the whole feminization of men can be attributed to another thing that is seldom discussed: evolution. The Y chromosome, as it has been demonstrated by many studies which you can google, has become smaller and smaller over time. Which partially explains why the muscular mass of homo sapiens sapiens is drastically lesser than that of the original cavemen. Same goes for women but women simple evolved along with men in that aspect.

Yet the shrinking of the Y-chromosome has often led to theories that men are to eventually disappear (in thousands of years), making humanity an all female species like many of the oldest social animals are , like ants and bees. Is this to be taken seriously, I don't know. But if it's true, it explains many things.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Regular

Lol you're hanging out with skanks.

Find smarter women.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Duke

Quote:

they really do use Freudian psychology.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,043 Times in 645 Posts

Men have fragile egos? I'd say it's the other way around--a woman can piss a man off, insult him, degrade him, and wrap him around her finger for months, but once he gets his mind in order, he's fairly likely to pick himself up, calm down, and try to learn from the experience. Insult or irritate a woman, on the other hand, and she'll hate you for it forever.

I take solace in the fact that women only have a couple of decades to really live and attract men, whereas men can keep on trucking well into old age.

Last edited by Dog; 03-21-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
serious busniess

Beni, the Y chromosome is under attack. Historically there is about 106 boys born for every 100 females(women tend to live longer than men). Some places are finding a decline in the number of male births recently.

Something interesting(and corroborating your point) is the chances of a boy being homosexual increases with birth order. As in the second son is more likely to be gay than the first born and so on. The theory I heard in psychology is that the Y chromosome is seen as a threat to the female host and gets "attacked" with female hormones.

There's also a conflict between what people want and what they desire. When a woman thinks rationally about what she wants in a man she says "smart, nice, funny, generous..." and all sorts of other positive character traits. This is 'good' in society's view. You can say this without shame. The conflict arises when she finds herself falling for a jerk. The jerk that knows how to push her buttons and turn her on but doesn't respect her. If she told the world that is the kind of guy she wants she'll be chastised. This plays into the sexual double standard: women are sluts while men are studs.

So instead of women saying what they desire we have them parroting a list of adjectives that society tells them they want. That their neutered biology says they need.

It turns out to be another case of listening to what she is saying and not reading her mind so you know what she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Men have fragile egos? I'd say it's the other way around--a woman can piss a man off, insult him, degrade him, and wrap him around her finger for months, but once he gets his mind in order, he's fairly likely to pick himself up, calm down, and try to learn from the experience. Insult or irritate a woman, on the other hand, and she'll hate you for it forever.
Of course men have fragile egos. And underdeveloped ones at that. It goes back to everything we've been saying about the lack of strong men, masculinity and society's anit-man stance.

What you're getting at is how women hold grudges and act on their feelings. Stereotypically women don't "learn" from their mistakes, they're doomed to repeat them. Especially in relationships. They have a more fatalistic view of relationships: women seem to have steadfast 'types' that don't change or evolve much. They feel they have no control over who they "love".

Quote:
I take solace in the fact that women only have a couple of decades to really live and attract men, whereas men can keep on trucking well into old age.
And Asian women have even less time. They hit ~30 and poof, they look like a grandma.

Last edited by calatron; 03-21-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 3,177 Times in 2,084 Posts

Calatron made a great point. Thanks to overbearing government and technology, mothers waiting until their twenties and thirties to have children, and chemtrails, human reproductive health has been damaged and mothers are producing more female (worthless/contentless) babies. This is a serious issue and has very dangerous implications.

I would like to add that women have grown more hateful of men because men no longer regularly assault, sell and own multiple women, i.e. "keeping them in their place". All organisms naturally compete with another for dominance and in this case men have foolishly let women go by without correction, and as such women are actively trying to destroy men and to overpopulate the planet with females, as this is part of their pathology. It first started with criminalization of polygamy, then it was organized police forces, then allowing women to vote, then allowing them to go out and do whatever they want, then the demonization of wife beaters and rapists and criminals in general, etc. Now we have a very dangerous and overbearing female-dominated court system and society. Thankfully it is on the verge of collapse and the days of freedom shall return.

Last edited by Struwwelpeter; 03-21-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Archduke

JFLC is one of my favorite posters.

Calatron: Where is this fragile male ego stuff coming from? I mean, I guess I'm just speaking for myself, but if I encounter a problem I work on improving it. I don't just sulk and become bitter.
Struwwelpeter (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
serious busniess

Quote:
JFLC is one of my favorite posters.

Calatron: Where is this fragile male ego stuff coming from? I mean, I guess I'm just speaking for myself, but if I encounter a problem I work on improving it. I don't just sulk and become bitter.
Egos are fragile. It's not about working and improving yourself. It's about how weak the ego is. It doesn't take much to unsettle it. People are constantly seeking validation and reinforcement to maintain their sense of self.

One of the things one has to do to become a man is stop seeking everyone elses' validation and rely on oneself and goal setting to reaffirm one's place in life.

Last edited by calatron; 03-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Marquis

The ego is one tricky fucker. Trust pizza nigga to think he's transcended it.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Archduke

Even by that definition, calatron, I don't really buy the idea that men can be defined by fragile egos more than women. One person could call Danika Patrick fat and she'd double her visits to the gym.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Duke

Quote:
Even by that definition, calatron, I don't really buy the idea that men can be defined by fragile egos more than women. One person could call Danika Patrick fat and she'd double her visits to the gym.
This is a trick business. A person might not give a fuck what the whole world thinks of him/her. But maybe there's a select few persons or even one person that could hit, tie up and anally rape your ego.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
serious busniess

I don't think I ever said that men rely more on ego; just that the ego and self are very important aspects in any person's life.

If you call a man fat he's likely to be angry at you(privately or publicly). Call a boy fat and you destroy a part of his ego. You damage his self image. It takes time to rebuild that.

Feedback does effect people. You respond to it by "working on it."

It isn't about emotional reaction it's about how it effects the self. And it does effect the self. If it doesn't you're a machine.