Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Peasant

Default nyquil question

I was gonna drink this bottle of Nyquill tomorrow then i looked at the label...
acetamiophen 500mg
DXM 15mg
doxylamine succinate 6.25mg
What im asking is how bad will this screw up my liver?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:40 AM

Default Re: nyquil question

Do not ingest that crap in large amounts man.
just don't.
use something else to get large doses of gunk that is dxm only, several brands around, look for them.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Haiti's Forum Agency

Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,761 Posts

You will go to sleep very quickly.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Baron

Don't drink that shit man, i'm guessing the 500mg apap is for each dose. So if there are like 20 doses thats like you taking 20 tylenols which will not be good for you. Find something with only the dex as the active ingredient.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Knight

you can find it without the apap... and it feels great, the combination of doxylamine and dxm. Until the rampant diarrhea kicks in and you take 5 shits disoriented as fuck while your doxy wears off and you're left with insomnia and the sensation of repeatedly feeling your large intestine funnel and bubble and churn more water and shit into your rectum letting you know you'll have to get up in five minutes. If that's your idea of fun though

Don't drink Nyquil, just stick with the regular Robo Cough or its generic. I don't know if it's the Polyethylene Glycol or the sugars or what, but Nyquil gives you mad shits.. and it comes out the same color as the syrup too which is kinda fucked up, not to mention it has 3x the volume and is more viscous and more terrible to drink.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFish15 View Post
you can find it without the apap... and it feels great, the combination of doxylamine and dxm. Until the rampant diarrhea kicks in and you take 5 shits disoriented as fuck while your doxy wears off and you're left with insomnia and the sensation of repeatedly feeling your large intestine funnel and bubble and churn more water and shit into your rectum letting you know you'll have to get up in five minutes. If that's your idea of fun though

Don't drink Nyquil, just stick with the regular Robo Cough or its generic. I don't know if it's the Polyethylene Glycol or the sugars or what, but Nyquil gives you mad shits.. and it comes out the same color as the syrup too which is kinda fucked up, not to mention it has 3x the volume and is more viscous and more terrible to drink.
Haha. Sounds like someone's speaking from experience.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Archduke

Send a message via AIM to Headspin Send a message via Skype™ to Headspin

There is nothing in that bottle enough to damage you to a point where you wouldn't recover. Unless that's 500mg acetaminophen per 15mg/dxm. Nonetheless, go for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNKydM4hZRI
Old 05-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,398 Times in 990 Posts

Nyquil is fucking GAY.

Get some DXM only preparation such as Roboitussin or store-brand... If you're gonna do a low dose you can pop some CCC's but the CPM is known to be quite harmful but I would have to say that I just think its because they aren't expecting the immensely fucked up state they will soon become acquainted with.. I've eaten over 4 boxes of CCC's on many an occasion resulting in nothing more than an intense DXM experience.

Store brand syrups tend to be less syrupy and runnier thus being more drinkable if you can't really stomach the taste too well.

Noobs should stick to a bottle or so... maybe half of another bottle if you are looking for a low plateau experience but if you want to see what DXM is really about, I suggest 2-4 bottles. With no tolerance 2 bottles will really knock your socks off... 3-4 and you won't even know you are a fucking human being.

The nyquil will really have you hugging the toilet bowl for a while as you puke your guts out and curse yourself for such a novice mistake of consuming APAP in such high quantities... Not only will you be fucking your liver up ridiculously but you will also barf more than you ever though possible. You will also feel like a complete pile of dog shit for hours and hours until you finally pass out and then the next day you will still feel like complete ass.

If you want a REAL experience with DXM, if you're going to actually go through with the task of drinking a significant amount of nasty tasting syrup, hit up Zicam Max Cough spray... Shit's amazing. Kind of hard to find because a lot of stores recognized their ease of obtaining them through the means of shoplifting and the fact that DXM abuse is becoming fairly well-known to supermarkets in larger cities where DXM abuse is on the rise by ignorant people that end up in the hospital over it whilst doing huge quantities of it or just being inexperienced with psychedelics.

Now, the Zicam is going to taste like complete ass but if you're going to drink syrup might as well take the extra kick Zicam has because its definitely worth it. It hits way harder and faster and is just much more enjoyable. Besides, its much less actual liquid (half fluid ounce per zicam, and its 380mg of DXM, more than a 4oz bottle of syrup) resulting in a very high concentration.

If you have a bit of a tolerance or don't really feel like downing too much syrup, drink a few glasses of grapefruit juice or eat a few grapefruit. A chemical in the juice will inhibit an enzyme in your gastrointestinal tract, called CYP450 2D6 or CYP2D6 for short, that is responsible for metabolizing DXM into DXO... Higher DXM to DXO ratio in your bloodstream means more of the effects that are highly sought after when using DXM recreationally...

To alleviate the almost inevitable nausea, pop a few benadryl (or other Diphenhydramine HCL containing preparation, IE: Unisom, or other generic sleep aids). What's really cool about this is, it will actually add a bit to the experience due to Diphenhydramine's effects AND the fact that it will basically banish all the nausea AND it is also a CYP2D6 inhibitor.

Pop 4 benadryl, drink a glass of grapefruit juice, then an hour later drink 2 Zicams. Turn the lights off, lay down in your bed, and put on some tunes. I prefer trance or ambient (psychill or psybient to be more specific, or psy goa trance) but to each their own.

When you come on the next day, you can thank me. Also, there is an official DXM thread, you should check it out.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudokon Farmer View Post
Haha. Sounds like someone's speaking from experience.
Sadly no one listens to the guy with the experience...

you think red or green diarrhea would be a big red flag, but nope, not to mud farmer people. They just wanna hear they're not going to die. Whatever though, that's why I try to not get too caught up in giving people advice, they never wanna listen.

Last edited by JFish15; 05-14-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM
The Boss

Lol, taking that much doxylamine succinate is not gonna be fun.

Seriously, enjoy your time

mike
Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Duke

Anyone who can drink a whole bottle of cough syrup is a real trooper. The acetaminophen isn't too big of a concern, unless you do it often, I would worry more about all the sugary crap that makes up the syrup, it can fuck up your pancreas.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 PM

lmao at 10,000mg of tylenol per bottle. When I need to sleep I'll drink close to a half bottle, then the rest the next night. I need a recharge though because I develop a tolerance by the second bottle.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Count

I love doxylamine, it's a pretty good non-prescription sleep aid

But yeah, just avoid APAP. Shit's just not fun.

But guess what? I get my DXM at 400mg per pack of 20 tablets, with just DXM. Mooofooo's
Old 05-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Count

Go for it, its not even a lot.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Lol, taking that much doxylamine succinate is not gonna be fun.

Seriously, enjoy your time

mike
It's only like 5 pills (125 mg) approximately. Not enough to put you in anticholinergic hell really, unless you're a 120 pound female or something. It wasn't enough to put me to sleep since the DXM disrupts sleep for me.

BUT did I mention that drinking a lot of Nyquil gives you intense DIARRHEA!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I swear my posts are invisible or something. You keep talking about it like diarrhea is one of the desired side effects and it's the OTHER things you should be worried about. You people are so annoying, maybe I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy my anus spraying like a cough-syrup colored fountain every 15 minutes. Fuckin' tards. I hope you do it and pass out from the doxy and wake up to your anus erupting all over your bed and clothes making your room smell like shit and cough syrup.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Peasant

After reading all the posts i have decide to go look for robo with just DXM.
JFish15 (05-17-2010)
Old 05-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray93 View Post
After reading all the posts i have decide to go look for robo with just DXM.
Look for this:

IMO, those are much easier to get down than the syrup.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Duke

Seizures.
Liver damage.
Respitory depression
respitory aresst.
Cardiac arrythmia

Quote:
Doxylamine succinate is generally safe for administration to healthy adults. Typical preparations that contain doxylamine range from 6.25 mg to 25.0 mg. The LD50 is estimated to be 50–500 mg/kg in humans.[2] Symptoms of overdose may include dry mouth, dilated pupils, insomnia, euphoria, hallucinations, seizures, rhabdomyolysis, and death.[3] Fatalities, while rare, have been recorded.[4] Rarely, an overdose results in rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure.[5]
Acetaminophen Overdose:
Quote:
Abdominal pain
Appetite loss
Coma
Convulsions
Diarrhea
Irritability
Jaundice
Nausea
Sweating
Upset stomach
Vomiting
Note: Symptoms may not occur until 12 or more hours after the acetaminophen was swallowed.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Grand Duke

I'm not sure how else to put this...

DO NOT DRINK THE NYQUIL. DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

Get the Robo-Gels or some Zicam.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konglomo View Post
Look for this:

IMO, those are much easier to get down than the syrup.
to each his own. If you're getting this formulation it's pretty pretty damn easy. Much easier than drinking a 40 or a tall boy of anything actually. Just chase it with something, forget it ever happened.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Grand Duke

I've eaten over 140 gels in 15 minutes before, trying to swallow 20 at once with a swig of coke... now if I ever take them it makes me kinda nauseated... Kinda like how some people are when they even see the product in the store. If I even think about DXM now it makes me feel nauseated. I've stopped doing it because it got to the point I'd do 2+ grams at once, on a daily basis. That continued for months, and I lived in my own apartment right across the street from where I worked. I'd binge for weeks at a time. I'd miss weeks of work at a time, without even calling in. I never lost my job, but only because of the nature of the work and how well I knew the supervisors and when I actually did show up I did a pretty damn good job at what I did.

DXM can be some highly addictive shit psychologically.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Asstronomer

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,924 Posts
Mad Re: nyquil question

btw don't forget to look at inactive ingredients too...i remember getting a shit load of dxm-only robos, chugging them, and barfing it all up because i failed to read "menthol" as an inactive ingredient.

Memento Mori