Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Knight

Default good OTC alternative to amps (adderall)?

Long story short I've found myself in an unfortunate fucking predicament. I just took my last two adderall today as prescribed, it's finals week and I was positive I'd be able to get the refill today since it's been a month and everything, but unfortunately when you're prescribed schedule II medicine you have to have a check-up for legal purposes to continue prescribing and I can't get in till thursday.

Now that's not too big of a deal any other two days out of the year, but considering it's my finals week this week and I have both a PChem and Calc-based-Physics II final tommorrow at my uni not to mention I started a 9 AM speech class at the community college this week and have a speech tommorrow so I'm feeling pretty much fucked as I'll probably get shit for sleep anyway.

I was looking at those pills in the gas station behind the plastic at the counter, I'm not sure if they have ephedrine or what, but is that a good way to go or what? I'd appreciate any advice because I'm pretty worried about bombing the fuckin' physics exam and not doing as well as I could on the pchem test due to general lethargy and disinterest, the speech I'll probably be too much of a zombie to care anyway. Otherwise I guess I'll just pop the metabolifes I got and hope for the best.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Thanked 2,885 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default Re: good OTC alternative to amps (adderall)?

I think ephedrine is legal again, but it is hard to find. Whatever those pills at the gas station have, read the label. Some of them contain some extract from orange peel, the name of which I forget at the moment, which is pretty effective, although some fatty did manage to kill herself with an overdose.

In my experience, ephedrine in 25-100 mg doses is as effective as amphetamine in smaller doses.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,398 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry

Propylhexedrine.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I think ephedrine is legal again, but it is hard to find. Whatever those pills at the gas station have, read the label. Some of them contain some extract from orange peel, the name of which I forget at the moment, which is pretty effective, although some fatty did manage to kill herself with an overdose.

In my experience, ephedrine in 25-100 mg doses is as effective as amphetamine in smaller doses.
ephedrine is in certain OTC asthma medications. Check out Walgreens or something.

Expendable Minion Serving for the Greater Good of the BCCP
Old 05-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Loophole Send a message via MSN to Loophole

diphenhydramine helps me focus
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
faggot (11-30-2010), fuckbiscuit (05-18-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
daily moisturizer

There is no good alternative...

You can experiment with nootropic stacks, benedrex inhalers, but I've never had too much luck with any of that.

Caffeine pills, yerba mate tea, and cigs are all you're going to find that helps.

You could do a few small bumps of coke or mdma for the stimulant effects if you need to pull an all nighter, just dont over do it or you wont get any work done.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM

Thanked 2,885 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thought Riot View Post
ephedrine is in certain OTC asthma medications. Check out Walgreens or something.
True. One possible downside--since this is an ingredient in meth production, some stores have it in closed cases and/or require ID if you wanna buy some.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,398 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thought Riot View Post
I believe you're talking about epinephrine. If not, there are OTC epinephrine inhalers.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Knight

anything with PEA type chemicals and an MAOI (usually hordenine)

Good ones I've used:
VPX Meltdown (not too speedy, just a nice focus)
BSN Atro-Phex or NO-Xplode (jittery but nice)
MHP Drenbuterol (one of my favorites, but developed a tolerance in a bout 2 weeks of daily use...claims the beta-methoxy in front of the PEA keeps MAOs from fucking up the good chemicals)

Really any of the new generation (PEA containing) fat burners are good for straight energy. Instead of ephedrine or a shit ton of yohimbe they give you a clean, focused euphoric feeling.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
mr.poopypants (05-18-2010)
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Duke

Quote:

mormon tea.
To many negatives with ephedra.

Quote:
True. One possible downside--since this is an ingredient in meth production, some stores have it in closed cases and/or require ID if you wanna buy some.
Its usually not just a store policy its state law. You can only get like 2-4 packs of pseudoephedrine containing products per month here. I havnt really seen the ephedrine ones.

Pseudo ephedrine will wake you up also but it wont feel like amps.

Personally, the OTC thing that has made me the most productive was Yerba Mate. I assure you it is not just caffiene in there either.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 05-18-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM

Thanked 1,010 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry View Post
I believe you're talking about epinephrine. If not, there are OTC epinephrine inhalers.
No, Sudafed, pseudoephedrine, those red hot meth makers.

Seriously though my fishy friend, I've been meaning to tell you, you gotta let go of those amps. It sucks thinking you need something to do anything, whether it's GABAergics to socialize, opiates to feel good, psychedelics to reach enlightenment, or stimulants to get work done. Been there, done that. You're prescribed them though, so I guess you just got focus problems and kind of do need them though. I still think, eventually, you'll have to let go. But that time isn't now, and that wasn't your question.

As you can see, you have plethora of OTC supplements, botanicals, and nootropics at your disposal.

I say get munching on amino acids, take some weak MAOIs (bee careful), maybe something like ginko to help intracranial blood flow, then, just when you need it most, a stimulant. Caffeine will work, I like yohimbe, ephedrine is good, then there are all kinds of miscellaneous phenethylamines. Shit, mescaline would be a good study aid if it didn't enhance creativity so much you go off on crazy thought tangents. But you know, that's not what you want, an assortment of other substituted phenethylamines could be what you're looking for. Oh, and Kava, don't forget kava.

You just have to use your 1337 chem skills and see past the marketing gimmicks. Come on Mr. Pharmicist/Chem Major, you got the skills, use 'em! Combine a little knowledge of pharmacology with some chemistry knowledge, and you could just go from store to store, pharmacy to nutrition supplier, get the necessary substances, and make your own uber cocktail.

That's what I would do. Of course, I always believe if I can't focus on something, it's not me that needs modification, but the subject at hand. I say fuck it and find something I actually do want to learn about. But of course, that's why I'm just the Great BungHole, and you almost have a chem degree.

Hydro has been telling me about pyrolyzing phenylalanine with calcium acetate to get P2B, and I want to see what's up with that, but I'd rather akabori it for some norephedrine, do a little decomp with ZnCl2 and sulfuric acid, and get some P2P as I tell my PI3 to go fuck itself.

But yeah, if I could make my own concoction for such purposes, I'd use either the N-methyl 1-phenyl-propan-2-amine or 2-(methylamino)-1-phenyl-propan-1-ol (dextro isomers for the win), as many amino acids as I could (obviously the sympathetic phenylalanine/tyrosine/levodopa, but also some parasympathetic one's like GABA and theanine, to reduce peripheral negativity), all the nootropics I can afford, and kava(GABAergic, adrenergic, and an MAOI). Maybe some yohimbe too. And add some psychedelic compounds for creativity.

But like I said, I don't concoct drugs that make me focus, I go for one's that totally fuck up focus while sending you on an intellectual adventure.

Of course, I'm a useless piece of shit though.

Last edited by BungHole; 05-18-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Marquis

Just buy some from someone...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 PM

Meth. (OTC in trailer parks)
Old 05-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Baron

there are other things similar to caffeine in yerba mate, oh yeah, you can google shit too.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BungHole View Post
But like I said, I don't concoct drugs that make me focus, I go for one's that totally fuck up focus while sending you on an intellectual adventure.
Tell us more.

mike
Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 AM

Thanked 1,010 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Tell us more.

mike
Elf pineal glands and elf slave labor, N,N-dialkyltryptamines, cactus brews, you get the jist. I'm not about to bomb this thread with stories about elvish chemistry endeavors, there right in F&B for anyone to read if they want to. You know, little tryptophan decarboxylation, a little alkylation of tryptamine. Besides, the elves really aren't too proud of their work these days. Fuck the whole alkyl halide scheme. Hell, fuck the reduction of amides scheme( who needs oxalyl chloride, or even formylation of tryptamine for that matter?), they need to reductively aminate carbonyl compounds! Really, nickel catalysts, Urushibara, I'm seeing something promising.

Talking about isolation of single compounds here. It works. But eventually, we'll need to mix 5-HT activity with NMDA antagonism, for either pure win, or pure hell and death. But I think the first one.

It's just a pipe dream. A dream where people consume tryptamines while on dissociatives , and cacti brews are mixed with datura. You know, the whole enlightenment thing.

Seriously though, lets build a rocket ship out of DXM, benedryl, DMT, and mescaline. If I die, I will most likely just be reborn.