Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Baron

Default What is the difference between DXM and DXM hBr??

I noticed that robitussin gel caps have DXM hBr. I assume this is the same as DXM. Or is there a different type I should get that is just Dextromethorphan without the hBr. Does anyone know the difference?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:48 PM
The Boss

Default Re: What is the difference between DXM and DXM hBr??

DXM HBr is what you want. DXM polistirex is the extended release one. That works too, but just go with the HBr; it's easier.

mike
Lucifereus (05-19-2010)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,477 Posts

DXM Hydrobromide is your standard DXM which is in pretty much all dxm containing products , theres also another form called DXM polisterex which is a plastic additive that extends the release. You can find the polisterex version in Delsym cough syrup.

Personally Ive had far more fun on the polisterex version since it lasts 12 hours , comes in waves and has a far more clear headed high. It's not as overwhelming on your cognitive abilities. It doesnt couch lock you basically. It had a more upbeat and brighter feel to it.

Last edited by Erorr; 05-19-2010 at 07:57 PM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Lucifereus (05-19-2010)
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Baron

thanks, im going to take 7 gel caps with dxm hbr which is 105 mg to get first plateau for my first trip.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifereus View Post
thanks, im going to take 7 gel caps with dxm hbr which is 105 mg to get first plateau for my first trip.
Dude nothing is gonna happen at that dosage, the first plateau basically means threshold aka lowest amount of effects possible.

You need to ingest atleast 300mg to have anything worthwhile. I dont say this as a joke to get you to take alot. 300mg is what you need , at the very least 250 and thats just a lame dose to begin with.

I suggest you up that dosage or suffer the torture of minimal effects pissing you off for 8 hours

Last edited by Erorr; 05-19-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erorr View Post
You need to ingest atleast 300mg to have anything worthwhile. I dont say this as a joke to get you to take alot.
This.

You're gonna have to ingest an entire bottle of your robitussin product of choice.

mike
Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Thanked 1,011 Times in 752 Posts
Smile Re: What is the difference between DXM and DXM hBr??

Although I am not aware of the significance of the effects of amounts contained in DXM HBr products, the bromide ion is a strong sedative. And not the good kind....
Old 05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BungHole View Post
Although I am not aware of the significance of the effects of amounts contained in DXM HBr products, the bromide ion is a strong sedative. And not the good kind....
You know damn well he is gonna take that the wrong way , Dont have him doubting the idea of upping dosage when he's under the assumption that 105mg is gonna have noticeable effects.

You big jerk!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You know damn well he is gonna take that the wrong way , Dont have him doubting the idea of upping dosage when he's under the assumption that 105mg is gonna have noticeable effects.

You big jerk!
Eh, sorry. Not what I intended. It wasn't even a warning, like I said, I'm not sure, but I doubt it's even significant. I'm just giving and actual explanation to what you said above, the polistirex having less couch lock a more clear headed high.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
Eh, sorry. Not what I intended. It wasn't even a warning, like I said, I'm not sure, but I doubt it's even significant. I'm just giving and actual explanation to what you said above, the polistirex having less couch lock a more clear headed high.
Neat to know , but yeah OP i know you probably ate them already and are sitting around your living room waiting for effects but eat that whole bottle or suffer the long boring road of dick nothing happening
Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Baron

no i didnt take anything yet. the reason i figured id only take 105 mg is because my friend said he took that much and tripped balls and was talking to his dresser for 5 hours...besides, if i take 7 gels and hardly anything happens i can just take more right?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Neat to know , but yeah OP i know you probably ate them already and are sitting around your living room waiting for effects but eat that whole bottle or suffer the long boring road of dick nothing happening
Yeah, it irritates your stomach no matter what usually(for me). I wouldn't hold down the pills just for a threshold effect.....

You could take more, but the onset is kind of long. You'll go past the peak of the previous dose before the next one takes effect perhaps.

As far as what happened to your friend, unless he miscalculated the dose, took another drug with it, or has odd biology(cytochrome enzyme deficiency? hyper sensitivity to NMDA antagonism?) that really shouldn't happen.

Any other prescription or recreational drugs involved? Diet?

Last edited by BungHole; 05-19-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Baron

not that i know of, and what is this about keeping the pills down. i dont want to vomit or shit like that..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
no i didnt take anything yet. the reason i figured id only take 105 mg is because my friend said he took that much and tripped balls and was talking to his dresser for 5 hours...besides, if i take 7 gels and hardly anything happens i can just take more right?
Your friend may just have a low ability to function on dxm. Some people have a natural mental tolerance and some dont ya know?

If you take too little and then re-dose it really doesnt work. You should take your whole bottle of said robotussin at once. 300mg is your standard comfort zone for tripping , its not alot but its definitely enough.

The reason your friend said he talked to a dresser for 5 hours is probably because he's a chud though. Thats just over-exaggeration from a very young mind it seems.

Trust me , just gulp that whole bottle down. Your gonna trip , thats what you want but its not going to be too much to handle. Doing anything under 300 is really going to be a bore and be really annoying
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Knight

Stick with hbr. every time ive done polistirex, it was un-enjoyable.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Baron

Quote:
Your friend may just have a low ability to function on dxm. Some people have a natural mental tolerance and some dont ya know?

If you take too little and then re-dose it really doesnt work. You should take your whole bottle of said robotussin at once. 300mg is your standard comfort zone for tripping , its not alot but its definitely enough.

The reason your friend said he talked to a dresser for 5 hours is probably because he's a chud though. Thats just over-exaggeration from a very young mind it seems.

Trust me , just gulp that whole bottle down. Your gonna trip , thats what you want but its not going to be too much to handle. Doing anything under 300 is really going to be a bore and be really annoying
gulp the whole bottle? im probably never going to take a liquid bottle of robitussin because of the guafisicine or something that has stupid side effects. im good at swallowing pills so 20 pills is 300mg maybe ill do that. im going to do this in my room during the night when everyone is sleeping. i will be able to stay quiet i hope
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
gulp the whole bottle? im probably never going to take a liquid bottle of robitussin because of the guafisicine or something that has stupid side effects. im good at swallowing pills so 20 pills is 300mg maybe ill do that. im going to do this in my room during the night when everyone is sleeping. i will be able to stay quiet i hope
I hear you , there are some liquids with no other active ingredients though.

The thing with dxm is you might feel spurious enough to do something stupid but it never really is that obvious. You might feel the sudden urge to take a bath or cook a meal or lay outside but you woulnt be obnoxiously obvious.

Id say eat that whole bottle , put on some music and try and occupy time because you will be up all night and probably woulnt get to bed until well past dawn.

Drawing/painting/video games/internet/etc would work out well for a solo trip all night long.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Baron

great, because i dont like sleeping actually. in fact, this seems like it would be great to do on like 2 consecutive nights and not sleep
Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

I hope you dont have parents down your neck the next day, you know your pupils are dilated as fuck the next day for just about the entire day right?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
great, because i dont like sleeping actually. in fact, this seems like it would be great to do on like 2 consecutive nights and not sleep
You sound like me at 15 , if you actually are me at 15 let me tell you this. Increase your intake of lsd and heroin and put down the half gallon.

PLEASE
Old 05-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pile of Jews View Post
I hope you dont have parents down your neck the next day, you know your pupils are dilated as fuck the next day for just about the entire day right?
oh shit really? that sucks ass
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 PM

Shit, I'm not going to lie to you. The stuff gets most people nauseous.

I'm not going to sugar coat it period in fact. If you're afraid of mind fuck, seeing God, or insanity, you need to find a new drug. In fact, if so, just quit drugs. Avoiding a seizure is one thing, but that's when you're taking over 1000(one thousand) mg that the thought should even cross your mind, let alone actually be letting fear take over. Panic attacks don't prevent seizures. You have to have confidence and maintain control, otherwise hallucinogens/psychedelics/dissociatives aren't for you.

I don't want to scare you away from DXM. DXM changed my life for the better. But not because I found some orgasmic drug I found I could take on a regular basis just for fun. It was a trip, a journey, a philosophical and scientific revelation.

If you're scared of the unknown, just stick with weed, or like I said, just quit drugs.

Some people may not want to hear this, but it's true. In no way do I promote living in fear and not facing danger, but I'm not going to make this sound like it's guaranteed enjoyment. People who actually enjoy DXM and drugs like it aren't your typical drug user, there either the kind desperate to just get high, or they want adventure in any form. The question is, are you up for the challenge?

Hell maybe you'll feel like some people do from it and enjoy a very strange intoxication, or you'll end up a babbling idiot like your friend. But if you're really something special, something great will happen, and it will be worth it.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
oh shit really? that sucks ass
Just keep your head down and dont stare at them directly in the eyes , act complacent and just stay away from them if possible and you should be fine
Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Baron

well see i dont have any idea what this trip or high will feel like. but shit i have to go to walgreens and steal some wal tussin (walgreens brand) gel caps (they work just as fine as robitussin right?)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
Shit, I'm not going to lie to you. The stuff gets most people nauseous.

I'm not going to sugar coat it period in fact. If you're afraid of mind fuck, seeing God, or insanity, you need to find a new drug. In fact, if so, just quit drugs. Avoiding a seizure is one thing, but that's when you're taking over 1000(one thousand) mg that the thought should even cross your mind, let alone actually be letting fear take over. Panic attacks don't prevent seizures. You have to have confidence and maintain control, otherwise hallucinogens/psychedelics/dissociatives aren't for you.

I don't want to scare you away from DXM. DXM changed my life for the better. But not because I found some orgasmic drug I found I could take on a regular basis just for fun. It was a trip, a journey, a philosophical and scientific revelation.

If you're scared of the unknown, just stick with weed, or like I said, just quit drugs.

Some people may not want to hear this, but it's true. In no way do I promote living in fear and not facing danger, but I'm not going to make this sound like it's guaranteed enjoyment. People who actually enjoy DXM and drugs like it aren't your typical drug user, there either the kind desperate to just get high, or they want adventure in any form. The question is, are you up for the challenge?

Hell maybe you'll feel like some people do from it and enjoy a very strange intoxication, or you'll end up a babbling idiot like your friend. But if you're really something special, something great will happen, and it will be worth it.
i dont like reality and soberness i like being high and being out of reality
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
(͡๏̯͡๏)

Quote:
well see i dont have any idea what this trip or high will feel like. but shit i have to go to walgreens and steal some wal tussin (walgreens brand) gel caps (they work just as fine as robitussin right?)

That'll work fine as long as the only active ingredient is DXM

Quote:
i dont like reality and soberness i like being high and being out of reality
You have a long road ahead of you
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular

Send a message via MSN to jono

Robotussin DX is what i use and it use never done me wrong (except for one time but that was due to a plethora of other prescription medicines and not the dxm) and 300mg (or 100ml of DX) is an ideal dose for your first trip unless u are a huge motherfucker (i am about 60kg and it is awesome for me).

and a word of warning don't combine dxm with other drugs except maybe pot or oxy (low dose like 5-10mg) dxm is great when enjoyed on its own.

Have fun. Dxm is good despite what some peole say.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Knight

third-plateau.org dextroverse.org erowid.com.