Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Chubigans
Default How to use/prepare kratom powder?

Hi, I just acquired two ounces of kratom powder. I suppose I can't make a tea out of powder. Would it mix with a drink, mix with alcohol, or what? Thoughts?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Archduke

Default Re: How to use/prepare kratom powder?

the only way to really do it is drop it in the back of your mouth and chase it with something. you can mix it with a milkshake but to me it truly tastes like shit and you'll wanna be over with it asap. as you'll notice it's really pretty impossible to stand having in your mouth at all. so drop a bunch down the hatch and chase it, then wait to experience the incredibly underwhelming buzz accompanied with the nausea of suboxone + malt liquor on an empty stomach except you'll have something truly disgusting to throw up. enjoy.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Lab Rat

Weed Smoker, it sounds like you got a bad batch or something.

I don't know if any of the old BLTCers here remember this, but quite some time ago a (now defunct?) kratom vendor known as "kratom dragon" came to BLTC and offered out free 20g samples.

I had a small opiate tolerance at that point.

I received my sample and promptly took 10g of the kratom dragon powder, submerged it in about 2 shots of amaretto, and poured hot water on top of it all. I stirred this for around 10 minutes, and then chugged it bac, powder and all.

It tasted fine. Hold your nose or something if you're that big of a pussy. I got it down in like 2 big gulps.

I had a *really* euphoric comfy buzz going on, hope you have the same.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0 W4RN1NG View Post
Weed Smoker, it sounds like you got a bad batch or something.

I don't know if any of the old BLTCers here remember this, but quite some time ago a (now defunct?) kratom vendor known as "kratom dragon" came to BLTC and offered out free 20g samples.

I had a small opiate tolerance at that point.

I received my sample and promptly took 10g of the kratom dragon powder, submerged it in about 2 shots of amaretto, and poured hot water on top of it all. I stirred this for around 10 minutes, and then chugged it bac, powder and all.

It tasted fine. Hold your nose or something if you're that big of a pussy. I got it down in like 2 big gulps.

I had a *really* euphoric comfy buzz going on, hope you have the same.
I had 250g's of this stuff and two times I did get "really" high, like maybe 15 mg OC at the most. Both of those times I threw up a ton of times though. Then I just used it to where it felt like 10 mg hydrocodone no tolerance with nausea. Kinda sucked. I was just soo hateful of the taste/smell after puking it up, sick shit.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Chubigans

Guys I'm just here to say, I just ate it an hour ago, mixed it with some milk and chugalugged about 5g, and I'm enjoying this. It's different, yes, but it does feel like a decent opiate buzz. Very sedative unlike OC which i'm so used to.

Apparently there is little or no cross tolerance.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to ManSlaughter

Kratom is some nice stuff,

I got some at a really big drug phase in my life and I only remember taking it once ( idk what i did with the rest of the 1/2oz i had lol )

and it was very nice. Great opiate-ish buzz and it put me the fuck to sleep after about 1.5 hours, it wasnt like a nod it was just OUT.

all I did was , as stated, dump in mouth and chase it down.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Knight

Option 1 (nastiest): throw 5-10g down the hatch with a chaser.

Option 2 (still gross): make tea out of 10-15g. Steep hot (not boiling) water for 30-45mins and filter.

Option 3 (most involved): make an extract. https://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthrea...tom+extraction

Option 4 (best IMO): Buy a "cap em' quick" machine or other capsule filling machine, it's a good investment. I gel cap everything now that I bought one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ignore the first two, and last bag(s)... they're maca and kava extracts. All the others are kratom: bali, malaysian, meang da, and UEI.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Zok Jr. (06-29-2012)
Old 06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Wealthy Merchant

I actually enjoy the taste of kratom tea. Its not too bad, and somewhat pleasurable once you get the hang of it.

I think i have read someone use the word "earthy" to describe the taste.

Tea is a great option, especially if you buy whole leaf.
The overbearing prevalence of powdered Kratom(s) pisses me the fuck off. Ill grind that shit myself if i feel like it. Also the powders could result in gastrointestinal discomfort.

A teapot of kratom is a good way of spending a boring day. The stuff kinda zaps your "creativity" for that day, and maybe a bit of the next..... would be an interesting plant for anti-psychotic drug pharmaceutical company research.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:12 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogone View Post
I think i have read someone use the word "earthy" to describe the taste.
I'd say so too. But by earthy I mean tasting like dirt, very bitter dirt.

Quote:
Tea is a great option, especially if you buy whole leaf.
The overbearing prevalence of powdered Kratom(s) pisses me the fuck off. Ill grind that shit myself if i feel like it. Also the powders could result in gastrointestinal discomfort.
Whole leaf will always be better than powdered, grind yourself or buy from a botanical site that grinds the batches daily per order. Eating kratom foliage does produce more nausea than drinking teas/ eating extracts, but it does take less to attain the desired effects. Ginger root seems to blunt most of the discomfort for me IME.

Quote:
..... would be an interesting plant for anti-psychotic drug pharmaceutical company research.
I can imagine it having uses as an anti-psychotic, perhaps even as an anxiolytic, and definitely as an analgesic.

Last edited by Spence_tron; 06-05-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,607 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DiStOrTiOn
Cool Re: How to use/prepare kratom powder?

Tea is the best way. Eating it makes it take an hour to kick in, and the effect is drawn out slowly whereas with tea you almost get a rush. You can filter the powdered tea with a fine-mesh strainer and then the really small particles will settle out within about 10 minutes which is about the time it takes for the tea to cool down anyway.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,607 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DiStOrTiOn
Cool Re: How to use/prepare kratom powder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence_tron View Post
I can imagine it having uses as an anti-psychotic, perhaps even as an anxiolytic, and definitely as an analgesic.
it is definitely not an anti-psychotic. all opiate-like buzzes tend to make people i know really weird
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Marquis

How to prepare kratom (kratom tea)
by The Happy Chemical
Quote:
With leaves, boil them. Bite a leaf so you know its taste before you start boiling Just a quick bite, not like munch a mother fucker. Boil it till its lost that bitterness. Takes maybe 20 minutes. Then filter. You can make yourself more than one dose at a time, if you use it within a couple days and refridgerate it. Just figure how many oz of water you put in, and how many grams of leaf, then pour yourself so much for a dose. The water will be the same color as tradiitional lighter teas, approximately. Add honey, stir well, and slam it down. It actually tastes pleasant. You will probably have to let it cool some, though. Chugging boiling liquid is bad.

If you got powder, mix it a glass of water, stir well, then heat in microwave. Don't get it boiling, just hot. Then stir it up again. You do this to help the water absorb it. Now just chug that son of a bitch. Don't filter. Its gross, but I find it works better than just raw powder. Doubt its anything with the heat and chemical changes, just that the liquid makes it absorb faster in your body.

Use about 8-12 ounces of water per dose with either method. If this is too much water for you, you can always boil it down, but it doesn't taste that bad, honestly.