SWIM has been using mj for the fast five years to relax and recently as a better sleep aid then those addictive ones they prescribe to you before telling you to see a psych because your insomnia is stress related...ugh anyways SWIM is blazed so he'll stop ranting.
MJ is amazing at low doses as an antidepressant and at higher doses as a sedative/hypnotic. SWIM is cheap, so he's been vaping weed but he keeps trying to find more efficient ways to administer mj. SWIM hates smoking and even vaping too because they both kill your lungs, even though vaping is much safer. Oral consumption leads to more of a sedating heavy body feeling high at high doses (6-12h) with somewhat "psychedelic effects", thought nothing like a shroom trip. Low doses (2-5h) however enhance the senses and just put you in an overall good mood. The two reasons SWIM doesn't like oral usage is because the onset is very long and much more weed is needed than if SWIM just vaped. Vodka/Glycerin tinctures never worked for SWIM sublingually or orally so that's outta the picture.
The oral bioavailability of MJ is 6-20%, so you're getting one twentieth to one fifth of all the THC available into your blood, doesn't sound very good. Rectal absorption of many drugs results in onset of effects comparable to the drugs if IV'd; the bioavailability of THC rectally is roughly 85-100% so swim had the bright idea or trying to plug thc. Here's what he did:
1. Take .5g MJ and decarboxylate it; basically either heat it in the oven for 15 mins @ 250 degrees or put it in the microwave and twice for about 20 secs.
2. You just increased the potency of your bud by making a chemical change so now it should easily break apart and you should try to get it to be as small as possible.
3. Take 5 tablespoons of butter and place it in a glass cup with the crushed, pre heated weed. Cover this with saran wrap and a rubber band and microwave until the butter melts and starts boiling. Once it starts boiling, mix the cup around for around 2 minutes so the super hot butter can extract the thc. Repeat the microwave and swish process about 2 times making sure the butter doesn't boil over.
4. Let the warm buttery weed solution sit as you take a sheet of aluminum foil and use your pinky finger to make indentations about between half an inch and a centimeter deep. .
5. Pour in the hot weed/butter solution into the molds and put them into the freezer to harden.
6. Unwrap and done. The .5 grams should make between 5 doses for a very sedating high or 10 for sensory enhancement and general mood lift and euphoria.
Use: (I know it's gross but damn it's efficient)
Empty your bowels and apply any lubricant (mineral oil, ky, vaseline, etc...) over your anal sphincter. Take the frozen suppository and after the very outermost layer warms up, gently insert it into your anus. Totally painless and not really that gross. Your body will melt the butter (and THC) and it will enter your bloodstream quickly and directly bypassing the first-pass metabolism that makes oral use so inefficient.
Onset: 2-10 mins
Come-up: 60 mins
Peak: 3 hrs
After the peak there's a very gradual comedown that leaves you very relaxed and content.
Swim plugged one without much difficulty, the butter isn't only a good THC solvent but must melt and be absorbed fast because SWIM felt the effects @ around 5 mins in. Sensory enhancement and music sounds amazing, can tell things are gonna work. The next five to fifteen were a fucking rush, its most likely as close as SWIM is gonna feel to IV THC but he just got so high so fast. No paranoia whatsoever, mentally swim can think clearly and now feels very relaxed, things don't cause stress easily. The high went peaked within the hour and during the peak it was a struggle not to fall asleep. SWIM's perception of time was altered and the 3 hour peak felt like a full day of relief from stress and insomnia. The mega workout soreness SWIM had from squatting yesterday faded away and no pain was noted. Significant appetite stimulation accompanied by the best tasting food ever Once the comedown started swim wasn't as tired, and he felt motivated to go work out which felt amazing.