Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Regular

Exclamation JWH-018 success at dissolving and measuring without a scale

There have been some discussions around about how to accurately dose without an expensive milligram scale, and also some discussions on what dissolves and doesn't dissolve JWH-018, so I'll just give the results of my experiment today.

After reading this quote
Quote:
Try acetone. You shall be pleasantly surprised. It evaporates very quickly, and -018 is soluble up to ~35mg/mL @ 20C.
I bought some fake nail remover that said 100% acetone on it, however the ingredient list on the back said otherwise. There was a second ingredient on the back that I later discovered is what companies add to antifreeze, iso alcohol, and acetone because it is the most bitter substance known to humans. It is commercially called Bitrex, but on the ingredients list it was labeled as the second and last ingredient with the name "denatonium benzoate".When the acetone dries on your skin, it leaves a small white residue that is super bitter, but I don't believe that it is toxic or that noticeable in a dropwise amount.

So after becoming mostly convinced that the second ingredient wasn't going to be left behind after evaporation in quantities that could hurt me, I went ahead and measured out (with a milligram scale that I bought online that has wild fluctuations on the milligram level) 0.1 g of JWH-018 and put it into a metal teaspoon (5 ml) of the acetone. As opposed to my experiments with heated vodka and vegetable oil, the JWH-018 dissolved immediately, and I quickly sucked it into an empty 15ml "red eyes" eye dropper.

It is a rule of thumb in chemistry that there are generally 20 drops to a ml of common solvents. Each drop would then be equivalent to a single milligram of JWH-018 since it dissolved completely. So this tiny sized eye drop squirter now has 100 doses of JWH-018 at 1 mg each, and can hold up to 300 1mg doses of JWH-018. I believe that this method will produce accurate dosing for those without milligram accuracy scales, since only 0.1 g accuracy is required.

Trip Report: I dropped three drops of the solution onto a square of tin foil. Within 30 seconds the acetone had evaporated away and there was a thin, white residue on the foil (much more residue than there was in practicing evaporating plain acetone on tin foil, so I'm sure that this residue is JWH-018). I proceeded to vape the acetone-free residue off the foil, which worked very well, and have been tripping for the last three hours pretty hard. Perhaps I have measured the acetone wrong as to have gotten less acetone than I originally intended, but that seems like quite a strong reaction for 3 mg. In any event, make sure to keep the cap on your eye dropper at all times to keep the air inside the dropper saturated with acetone so that not a lot of acetone will escape into the air, concentrating your solution.

I believe that this is a fairly discreet method of carrying around JWH-018 since it looks like just a normal eye dropper and not some sketchy vial of white powder. You could use the dropper to drop x amount of drops onto food, waiting until the acetone evaporates to eat it, or you could just vape the residue straight off of foil. If someone does this to their food and it tastes bitter, then I would suggest looking online somewhere for chemistry lab grade acetone which will not have the denatonium benzoate in it.

It is important that you always let the acetone evaporate off before eating or vaping the JWH, as acetone is flammable and slightly toxic.

tl;dr: you can dissolve JWH-018 in acetone for concentrations up to 35mg/ml which allows people without milligram scales to determine using the 20 drops/ml proportion, how much JWH-018 they are taking. JWH-018 can be vaped off of foil using the evaporated residue, or added to food. It is important that you always let the acetone evaporate off before eating or vaping the JWH, as acetone is flammable and slightly toxic.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Baron

Default Re: JWH-018 success at dissolving and measuring without a scale

How well does eating just the solution and consuming it sublingually work?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,398 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry
Mad Re: JWH-018 success at dissolving and measuring without a scale

How much is an "expensive milligram scale"? If you can afford a gram of JWH, you can drop down $30-$40 for a fucking .001 scale.
DJ Meaty Cheeks (08-19-2010)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
How well does eating just the solution and consuming it sublingually work?
The problem with that is that acetone is slightly toxic, and its super bitter due to the bitrex (which wouldn't happen if you had chem grade acetone), so I will be intaking as little acetone as possible by waiting for it to evap first. Keep in mind, acetone isn't really toxic or anything, I want to consume as little toxic stuff as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry View Post
How much is an "expensive milligram scale"? If you can afford a gram of JWH, you can drop down $30-$40 for a fucking .001 scale.
I did buy a 30 dollar gemini milligram scale from amazon, but it fluctuates wildly in the milligram range, so I only trust it in the 0.01 and 0.1 g range.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Grand Duke

I wouldn't drop acetone in your food, especially with denatonium in it. The acetone will be absorbed into your food and take MUCH longer to evaporate. Acetone isn't that toxic in those doses, but I'd use ethanol or something instead if you're going to eat it.

Thanks for the solubility info, I really appreciate it. I've been looking forever, and I'm too lazy to find out myself. I want to make maybe a 30mg/ml solution (1.5mg per drop, 20 drops per ml) and drip it on cigarettes.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by deets View Post
The problem with that is that acetone is slightly toxic, and its super bitter due to the bitrex (which wouldn't happen if you had chem grade acetone), so I will be intaking as little acetone as possible by waiting for it to evap first. Keep in mind, acetone isn't really toxic or anything, I want to consume as little toxic stuff as I can.

I did buy a 30 dollar gemini milligram scale from amazon, but it fluctuates wildly in the milligram range, so I only trust it in the 0.01 and 0.1 g range.
Then measure out 10mg or so, and divide it in half a couple times. Most people just eyeball jwh doses, and the smart ones start small. Once you get used to it, its not that hard to eyeball out exactly how much you want, based on how high you get as opposed to how much it weighs.

Edit: could you taste the denatonium when you smoked it?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:43 PM
The Boss

Stopped reading and started skimming after awhile, but this line:

Quote:
It is a rule of thumb in chemistry that there are generally 20 drops to a ml of common solvents. Each drop would then be equivalent to a single milligram of JWH-018 since it dissolved completely. So this tiny sized eye drop squirter now has 100 doses of JWH-018 at 1 mg each, and can hold up to 300 1mg doses of JWH-018.
alone with the maximum solubility of JWH-018 per ml in acetone would have been a better tl;dr, 'cause that's what I found useful in your post.

mike
Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Banned

You don't even need a scale for JWH. It kicks in about as fast as pot does. Take a tooth pick and put a little piece on foil, smoke it, and if your not high enough just do it again. No need for a scale at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Regular

I tripped all day at work today, all in all a very pleasant experience. However, I tripped all day off of one drop, which is a little suspect. My afterthought is that I should buy a clear-eyes eye dropper (the transparent kind) and fill it with acetone and see if the level of acetone drops significantly over time, because if it does, the solution is getting more concentrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractals View Post
I wouldn't drop acetone in your food, especially with denatonium in it. The acetone will be absorbed into your food and take MUCH longer to evaporate. Acetone isn't that toxic in those doses, but I'd use ethanol or something instead if you're going to eat it.
I was thinking about that too, and I think that if i end up dropping it on a baked good or something, I will warm up the food in the microwave before eating to evap as much acetone as possible. The reason I am being hard headed and not using ethanol is because I was not impressed at all with it's solubility in vodka. it definitely just sat on the top of the water and clumped together, even when stirred, while with acetone it instantaneously disappeared.

Quote:
Then measure out 10mg or so, and divide it in half a couple times. Most people just eyeball jwh doses, and the smart ones start small. Once you get used to it, its not that hard to eyeball out exactly how much you want, based on how high you get as opposed to how much it weighs.

Edit: could you taste the denatonium when you smoked it?
I did eyeball jwh for a time, but I found the dosages of amounts that looked similar to be way too different.

I could not taste the denatonium at all when I smoked it. The precipitate left over from the stock acetone as compared to what is left over from this jwh-enriched acetone is radically different, so I would say that the actual amount of denatonium in the acetone is incredibly small when compared to the amount of JWH in it.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular

Fuck yall niggas disolving yo shit, real niggaz dont give a fuck how sketchy they look.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by deets View Post
I was thinking about that too, and I think that if i end up dropping it on a baked good or something, I will warm up the food in the microwave before eating to evap as much acetone as possible. The reason I am being hard headed and not using ethanol is because I was not impressed at all with it's solubility in vodka. it definitely just sat on the top of the water and clumped together, even when stirred, while with acetone it instantaneously disappeared.
Yea, I had trouble dissolving it in 40 proof rum. 151 and 190 proof should be easier, but I'm underage and I rarely drink. A drop of acetone is really nothing to be worried about, I'm more worried about the taste.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular

Quote:
Yea, I had trouble dissolving it in 40 proof rum. 151 and 190 proof should be easier, but I'm underage and I rarely drink. A drop of acetone is really nothing to be worried about, I'm more worried about the taste.
If you look on amazon, there are plenty of sources of pure acetone that would have no taste after it evaporates. As for the JWH, I haven't noticed a taste at all. After a quick taste test right now, one drop is really bitter, but I imagine that if you put it on a food that wasn't very permeable, and then ate that one piece before eating the rest, you wouldn't taste it at all.

Another thought: JWH-018 blotters. Anyone have any thoughts on dropping drops onto blotter paper for people to eat? or cigarette paper for people to smoke?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Grand Duke

Yea, I know, I can get pure acetone locally, too. I was talking about your current situation.

JWH blotters wouldn't be practical. You cant put more than a couple mg on blotter, and eating solid jwh takes a very long time to come up. Cigarette paper would work if you smoke it, but IMO thats too much effort. The farthest I would go is dripping the solution on cigarettes. Stealthy, quick, and easy.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Count

Send a message via ICQ to Bong McPuffin Send a message via AIM to Bong McPuffin Send a message via MSN to Bong McPuffin Send a message via Yahoo to Bong McPuffin

I took a coping saw-blade, its a really thin blade, and sanded/ground the teeth off so I had a handle, I ground the two little posts off with my belt sander that hold the blade in the saw frame so I basically had a flat small piece of metal, I sanded down the fat end of the piece to be really thin so I could use it as a scoop inside the little baggie.

I played around with different size piles on the end of this little tiny spoon until I found a pile that gave me the right effects and I etched a small mark in the spoon where the pile ended and I kept a mental note of how tall the pile was on the spoon, so now I always stick the spoon into the baggie up to that little line and I carefully brush any excess back into the baggie using the end of an unfolded paper clip.

I then put that little lump of powder onto a small square of blunt-wrap and fold it up like a tiny little envelope and I throw it into my gravity bong I gently light it up making sure to keep direct flame contact to a minimum until I'm pretty sure its all melted then I nuke it with the flame to make sure its all burnt up.

CAUTION: Don't smoke all the resin inside your gravity bong bowl when you scrape it, because it will be much more potent than normal weed resin due to the JWH coating the inside of the piece when the vapor condenses back into a solid.

I hit a BB sized ball of resin in my gravity bong and I got waaay too high. Usually I could smoke a golf-ball sized ball of resin and be OK (aside from the taste... bleh).

So if you use your gravity bong for both weed and JWH, be careful!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Duke

You can get a decent mg scale on ebay for $20 including shipping. The one I have I've tested with several weights and it's accurate to about +/-3mg, which is good enough for most compounds.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM
New Arrival

Question Re: JWH-018 success at dissolving and measuring without a scale

I have recently started using JWH-018.

I have alot of issues here.....so I hope anyone can help me with any or all of them. I don't smoke as a general rule. I ingest it orally. However..it does take longer to hit than when smoking it. I prefer not to smoke because I don't smoke cigarettes. Also...the weird thing is that sometimes when I take hits...it doesn't take effect at all...then other times its hits me extremely hard. When I say I take a hit, I dip my licked finger into this baggie of powder, then lick the powder off my finger. I'm not certain if some powder is more potent than the other....or if it is just because I have no good way of measuring it out. 2 grams lasts me 3 weeks. 21 days. I use from 6am till 8pm. These are my figures:

2000 milligrams last
21 days
294 hours (6am-8pm x 21 days)
6.802721088 milligrams per hour
20.40816327 milligrams for a 3 hour hit =

Doesn't that seem like a high dosage to any of you?
It certainly could look bad to the general public if they saw me dipping my finger into a baggie full of powder.

If I use the OP directions.....it seems like I would have to use alot of acetone to get a 20.40mg hit. BUT...it does seem like I would have a more precisely measured hit. Right?

Does anyone know if I do the acetone method...what is the smallest amount I could use where the jwh will still be soluable? Would it end up leaving more powder once the acetone evaporates.

Also....if I put it on something like gum......would it fuse to the gum...or just become a powder on top.

Sorry for all the questions...its just that I don't want to waste the jwh with trying to figure this out on my own. Thanks for any help I get.

I'm no scientist...so please forgive me if this sounds stupid.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Count

Send a message via ICQ to Bong McPuffin Send a message via AIM to Bong McPuffin Send a message via MSN to Bong McPuffin Send a message via Yahoo to Bong McPuffin

PRO-TIP: If you are using an electric scale... there is a way to make it more accurate.

Instead of putting your powder onto a naked scale, put your calibration weight on the scale

DO NOT TARE IT!

Now add your powder until you get however many milligrams you want.

This method of weighing your stuff is far more accurate, especially if you are only weighing out 5 to 10 milligrams.

Don't believe me? Do what I said, weigh out your stuff with the Cal-Weight on the scale, then take the weight off, tare your scale, then put the powder itself on your scale. You should have two different numbers.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bong McPuffin View Post
PRO-TIP: If you are using an electric scale... there is a way to make it more accurate.

Instead of putting your powder onto a naked scale, put your calibration weight on the scale

DO NOT TARE IT!

Now add your powder until you get however many milligrams you want.

This method of weighing your stuff is far more accurate, especially if you are only weighing out 5 to 10 milligrams.

Don't believe me? Do what I said, weigh out your stuff with the Cal-Weight on the scale, then take the weight off, tare your scale, then put the powder itself on your scale. You should have two different numbers.
this
Old 09-20-2010, 04:55 AM
New Arrival

Thumbs Up Re: JWH-018 success at dissolving and measuring without a scale

I've used the "100% acetone" with bitrex and people love my spice. the only problem i have had personally is when rolling joints and blunts you tend to lick a little leaf; and the bitrex does in fact taste like shit. thanks deets im ordering some right now XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus of Nazareth View Post
Fuck yall niggas disolving yo shit, real niggaz dont give a fuck how sketchy they look.

and this is how stupid drug users get drugs made illegal faster

Last edited by legalize420; 09-20-2010 at 04:58 AM.