Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Technology > Technophiles and Technophiliacs

Old 09-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Default I used to play with radios alot when I was aged around 9-11

But now I have forgotten most everything I learnt, and my awesome book got fucking stolen by this arsehole. It was mainly electrical data though, and simple maths, however I am extremely pissed off about that.

Anyway...

Essentially I have some basic equipment.

I have a laptop that can access wireless networks.

I have an ethernet port.

I have UHF CB radios that have access to repeaters. They are 40ch, and considering they are brand new I got ch22 and 23 locked out, as they are the mobile phone send/receive frequencies. I suppose I could dig out an old UHF CB from somewhere if I wanted to break the law and listen to mobile phones (it's not as easy as it sounds, they jump signals, there is rudimentary encryption etc). I could also transmit on mobile phone frequencies without a sim card.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NEW UHF RADIOS ARE COMPUTERS AND YOU CANNOT ANONYMOUSLY LISTEN TO A FREQUENCY ON THEM.

For that you get a radio scanner.

UHF is not hard to encrypt digitally though.

Anyway.

I also have a wireless broadband modem, not a router. the sticker on it says 3475-3600Mhz, which is mobile tower frequency, I think.

I am unsure.

I am certain, however, that it works off towers, much like a digital mobile telephone.

I can also get a 3G mobile phone and use it as a modem, if required.

I also have a Uniden Bearcat scanner in the other room. It is old, like maybe 10-15 years. It isn't digital as far as I am aware. I could get a digital scanner but all the interesting things are encrypted either government or private/corporation, and possibly illegal to listen to.

Now, what fun can I have legally in regards to radio hacking and eavesdropping, apart from just turning the UHF's on and making them scan, or using the scanners?

What could I do with my modem?

What could I do with my wireless access thingo, WiFi or whatever you call it?

If I lived somewhere where it was legal to play with these things as I pleased, what could I do, eg modifications to the equipment etc?

Because they are digital if I touch them and then try and access a network alarm signals will go off everywhere and I might get in a lot of trouble, but if it was legal to do what I wanted, what could I do with these things?

Thank you.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Regular

Default Re: I used to play with radios alot when I was aged around 9-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by themessenger View Post
But now I have forgotten most everything I learnt, and my awesome book got fucking stolen by this arsehole. It was mainly electrical data though, and simple maths, however I am extremely pissed off about that.
It's too bad that you didn't take notes of the most useful/important stuff then.

Maybe you should in the future....

I don't have anything helpful to add, but this subject is interesting to me, so I will also wait for a reply.

Last edited by SKUV; 09-16-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by themessenger View Post

Anyway...

Essentially I have some basic equipment.

I have a laptop that can access wireless networks.

I have an ethernet port.

I have UHF CB radios that have access to repeaters. They are 40ch, and considering they are brand new I got ch22 and 23 locked out, as they are the mobile phone send/receive frequencies. I suppose I could dig out an old UHF CB from somewhere if I wanted to break the law and listen to mobile phones (it's not as easy as it sounds, they jump signals, there is rudimentary encryption etc). I could also transmit on mobile phone frequencies without a sim card.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NEW UHF RADIOS ARE COMPUTERS AND YOU CANNOT ANONYMOUSLY LISTEN TO A FREQUENCY ON THEM.

For that you get a radio scanner.

UHF is not hard to encrypt digitally though.

Anyway.

I also have a wireless broadband modem, not a router. the sticker on it says 3475-3600Mhz, which is mobile tower frequency, I think.

I am unsure.

I am certain, however, that it works off towers, much like a digital mobile telephone.

I can also get a 3G mobile phone and use it as a modem, if required.

I also have a Uniden Bearcat scanner in the other room. It is old, like maybe 10-15 years. It isn't digital as far as I am aware. I could get a digital scanner but all the interesting things are encrypted either government or private/corporation, and possibly illegal to listen to.

Now, what fun can I have legally in regards to radio hacking and eavesdropping, apart from just turning the UHF's on and making them scan, or using the scanners?

What could I do with my modem?

What could I do with my wireless access thingo, WiFi or whatever you call it?

If I lived somewhere where it was legal to play with these things as I pleased, what could I do, eg modifications to the equipment etc?

Because they are digital if I touch them and then try and access a network alarm signals will go off everywhere and I might get in a lot of trouble, but if it was legal to do what I wanted, what could I do with these things?

Thank you.
you are an idiot, obviously you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Wealthy Merchant

If I knew the topic I wouldn't be here asking for help.

But anyway, if anyone knows anything about the kinds of stuff I can do with this stuff, I would really appreciate it.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

if you were to ask on totse.info i would gladly help you, however this is zoklet and i dont give a shit
Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Serf

NO. simply NO. you cant use a "uhf cb" to listen to anything but uhf cb, unlesss you know how to mod radios, and that is a very technical field,not worth trying to learn. Dont bother trying to listen to cellphones, you will not be able to decrypt them, and you wont be able to follow the FRQs

Just program all the local,legal frequencies you wish to hear into your scanner. scan,done.