Originally Posted by Toothlessjoe
That's not even close to a fucking stroganoff. Ground beef? No paprika? What the fuck are you doing?
Yeah that's what I thought. I don't see a lot of point in trying to pare down a complicated, slow recipe into something quick and simple. It's like people who think that bolognese is a quick, simple, cheap and easy meal. It's none of those things
. If you don't have the time or inclination to make stroganoff or bolognese or cassoulet, just don't. There are a million quick recipes that'll taste nicer without being a weird pastiche of something else.
I like to make sesame noodles with hoi sin chicken (works with any meat really).
1. Get your chicken pieces (thighs/drumsticks work best), season it, cover in a mix of hoi sin sauce and vegetable oil. Stick a few sliced garlic cloves in it too. Roast in a hot oven.
2. about 20 minutes later, get a wok or saucepan, turn the heat wayyyyy up, throw in a couple of diced bell peppers, bean shoots, carrots - the usual stir-fry vegetables.
3. Cook some noodles in chicken stock or water.
4. Drain noodles, add a spoonful of peanut butter, some soy sauce and some sesame oil, stir around until it's evenly covered. Put it in a bowl.
5. Put the vegetables on top, then your chicken on top of that (it should be cooked through by now). Top with some shredded cucumber.