Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Serf

Default Opana After Methadone This Morning?

title says it all. took a ten mg done a few hours ago, and i have some opana 30's on the way, will i be ok to mix the 2?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,358 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit
Default Re: took done this morning, safe to take opana?

yup...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM
The Boss

Safe? Yeah. Just don't try to break through the methadone by doing crazy doses of opana.

Effective? Probably not.

mike
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Safe? Yeah. Just don't try to break through the methadone by doing crazy doses of opana.

Effective? Probably not.

mike
Lol at breaking through 10mgs of methadone. It would just be an additive opioid effect. No breaking through. Infact an acute dose of 10mgs of methadone would be much like taking the equivalent dose of oxycodone/oxycontin, especially ER.
10 mgs is not enough to saturate the receptors at all, there would be plenty of open receptors for the additional opioid agonist to bind. A blocking dose is at least 60mgs.

Don't over do it it though. We can't really tell you for sure you have to decide for your self if you already have pinned pupils and have been puking it probably wouldn't be a good idea. If your pupils are not pinned and you only feel the mdone a bit then its probably safe.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 11-16-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovechronic View Post
Lol at breaking through 10mgs of methadone. It would just be an additive opioid effect. No breaking through. Infact an acute dose of 10mgs of methadone would be much like taking the equivalent dose of oxycodone/oxycontin, especially ER.
10 mgs is not enough to saturate the receptors at all, there would be plenty of open receptors for the additional opioid agonist to bind. A blocking dose is at least 60mgs.
Source?

mike
Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Bringer of Evil

Thanked 1,903 Times in 971 Posts
Default Re: Opana After Methadone This Morning?

Sure, you'd be fine both physically and well, mentally!

ilovechronic is right though. A one-time dose of 10mg methadone isn't nearly enough to completely block the effect of other opiates.

Methadone has an incredible half-life though - 24 hours, so don't take regular, large doses of it if you intend to take some other opiates/opioids later on.

But yeah dude, you're clear for take-off.

http://www.panthraxnation.host.sk | Get Addicted.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Serf

Default Re: Opana After Methadone This Morning?

thanks guys! yea i did half of a 30 opana, then did the other half an hour later. worked very well i might say! puples are a tad small, but no worries. smoked a hit of some bud and bout to go smoke another cigarette.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Source?

mike
No source required. It is known fact that doses above like 60-80mgs are called "blocking doses"
The reason the methadone blocks is because their tolerance is high as shit because like panny explained in the other thread they take chronic blocking doses which means they have alot more than 60-80mgs or above floating around in their system at any one time. Thats why it blocks, because they have so much methadone in their system no reasonable amount of dope is going to touch them.
Methadone does not block like buprenorphine does. Methadone is a full agonist and would just have an additive agonist effect when used along side something like opana. Burenorphines blocking effect has to do with its higher affinity and it being an partial agonist/antagonist.
If you want to see that acute methadone dosing is about equal mg for mg with oxy just look at the/a converter.
http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
10mg of methadone is much more potent than 10mg of oxy, at least in my experience.
Yes you are talking your subjective "high" I am talking equianalgesic doseages.
But when it comes to chronic daily dosing of methadone everything changes when compared to acute dosing because of the long half life.
If you are taking 10mgs a day for a long period of time and your body is eliminating half that dose every 24 hours you are going to have a significant build up over a period of time.
Some people are faster metabolizers than others though.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 11-17-2010 at 06:02 AM.