Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,252 Times in 876 Posts
Mad Speeding up opiate withdrawal?

Oh my fucking GOD DO I EVER WANT TO LOSE IT RIGHT NOW.

I've been through this 100 times and I knew it would be uncomfortable but this is just brutal for some reason when compared to before.

I've made it 48 hours cold turkey.

Generally the 1st day is usually easy and I just end up sleeping through most of it, this time the first day was hell and the second day (today) is even worse. It's probably because I'm going through mild clonazepam withdrawals too. (I take 3mg per day and I have none for another 3 days, haven't had any for 3 now).

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?!!

I haven't made it for 1 whole day in a few months, and now I'm closing in on 2, and it's from oxy and hydromorphone, for the last 6 days or so before new years, I only did 3 oxy 80's but the rest was the 24mg hydromorph contins insufflated about 4-5 times per day.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Serf

Send a message via MSN to Svenarchy
Default Re: Speeding up opiate withdrawal?

Cannabis can be used to alleviate symptoms of Withdrawal.

Light a doobie, it won't make it go away but you should feel a bit better.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Mudokon Farmer (01-06-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Baron

Send a message via AIM to DestroyedMatter Send a message via Yahoo to DestroyedMatter

well its too late to precipitate your withdrawals now. but if you have some suboxone. ive heard that if you use it. while you have some fast acting opiod in your system it starts withdrawal automaticaly almost but it also ends sooner.

not something i would do. just thougth i would mention it
Old 01-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Baron

cannabis does help a lot, suprisingly.

unfortunately for me though, i got in some legal trouble, and am fairly sure that the court will order me to take a drug test, so i couldn't even smoke pot during/after my w/d. talk about boredom. I did use JWH lightly, but i owe a lot of people money, and i realistically couldn't afford it, but it did help.

loperamide can help too, but you are going to need to take a lot of it..and honestly IMO it doesn't help that much.. and believe me i've tried everything to get that bitch across the BBB..polysorbate 80, etc....

marijuana just takes your ( or mine ) mind off of it...i always get the feeling like, "wow i am a fucking idiot for getting like this and i can make it through it, and i fucking hate myself and what i've done to my body"...

but it takes A LOT of weed, because you are going to need to be really high constantly...

other wise man, what worked for me was: lying in bed watching LOADS of television for about 3-4 days. then once you can eat a little bit and walk around go for a walk. start doing a few push ups. do some sit ups, etc...

when i was doing heroin, i was using quite a large amount ( $100 + per day everyday for about 8 months, and before that it was anywhere from $20-$400 per day for a few years..which $100 is about a half a gram of raw around here, or about a bundle of stamps, which i'm sure more are familiar with, but it does not come packaged like that here. )...

i was disgusted with myself and what i had done in my life, and especially how i came to look. I was a weak mother fucker. I am 6'7'' and i was only weighing 170-180 when doing a lot of heroin. THATS SKIIIIINNNNY BRAH. but when i was on opiates i didnt give a fuck.

when i quit using though, it gave me a huge incentive to start building my body mass back up. Once i was clear of my opiate withdrawals i started working out everyday, usually in the early morning, because of course you can't sleep, which i'm sorry to say dude, will last a long time. I've been free from heroin addiction for about 2 1/2 months, and i still dont sleep for shit. i'm still working out daily, with one day of rest to let my body recover. You will start out with weak weights and shit man, but don't let that get you down. I could barely pull out 20 pushups in a row without straining myself to death when i first started when clean from opiates. Now i make it a daily routine to do at least 100 pushups a day, usually in 2 sets of 50, or 4 of 25..but if i do 4 of 25 i try to throw in another 25.

only thing that helps me is become productive, and i put the productivity into my body. I now weight 220, and am still gaining pretty consistently.

I'm sorry for everything man, opiates are a terrible problem, mainly because they are too good, and too expensive, and cause you to do things you would never do to prevent the terrible sickness.

the only REAL way to quit is just cold turkey man, which for me was VERY hard because I had tons of responsibilities. needless to say my family helped me out a lot with this ( as i worked for a family business) ..and i didn't lose my job, thank god.

the only thing i would recommend is weed man, smoke tons of pot. you may get nervous/regret what you've done/feel like a piece of shit, but the actual physical symptoms will lessen when you smoke pot. plus it helps the mind realize how much of a fucking idiot you have become by letting yourself get addicted.

sorry to hear it bro, and i really do hope the best for you, opiate addiction is such a fucking bastard.

PM me for any questions man, i've been where you at 100 times, and you will realize that while the physical part may seem like the hardest part right now, and believe me: it is a VERY hard part...but the mental part is 10000x harder. staying away from opiates is like telling yourself you can never eat your favorite food again, or never see that one family member that you've loved your whole life again..

i wish you luck. remember: Use the force, Luke. that's all you can do. it's in your mind..i'm sorry to hear that you, or anyone for that matter, has to experience this terrible thing in life. I don't wish HxC opiate withdrawals on even my worst enemies. Death sounds 100% like a better opition, and i've never considered suicidine more in my life than now.

I'm sorry to say man, it's not going to just end either, you may not be physically addicted anymore, but the mental aspect of it is just So much harder. you have to change your WHOLE life man... I still love opiates with ALL my heart and they are the best thing i've ever experienced in my life, and it's very saddening to me, knowing that i can't use ever again. I'm not sure how it will be from a year from now, but this is how i feel, being about 2ish months clean from addiction.

i'm not going to lie, i've used probably 5 times since i am not phsycially addicted, and it's still the best thing in the world.

the bottom line is, once you get past the BRUTAL first 2-4 days, STAY BUSY that's the only thing (beisdes a lack of funds, or a car to get to the dope spot) that has really kept me away from becoming a full blown IV heroin addict again.

seriously man, i wish you good luck and god speed, as it is a terrible existance in life having to go through this.

please though, PM me and i'll talk to you in more detail of my experience of the first few days, and what i did this last time to really help me, and some tips that i've used in the past when i really wasn't trying to quit, just couldnt afford/ran out for a few days.

Last edited by RIPtotse; 01-03-2011 at 02:29 AM.
IWD (01-03-2011), Svenarchy (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Serf

Send a message via MSN to Svenarchy

For what it's worth I wish you both luck in beating this.
ArmsMerchant (01-05-2011), RIPtotse (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Baron

thanks brother.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,336 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit

I'm going through fent withdrawals at the moment, about 30-40mg smoked/sublingual a day (about a point of H a day equivalent). Stick to it man, i've got a feeling i'm in it for the long haul, day four and they haven't really lifted yet apart from joint pain, i haven't eaten in three days and i've been smoking pot, which imo doesn't do anything but make me want opiates more because i hate smoking weed.

Good luck brother, hopefully you'll make it. Drug addiction is a horrible thing.

EDIT: i forgot to tell you, don't be expecting much sleep for the duration of the WD's, i've even been taking diph but it doesn't work for shit.

Last edited by fuckbiscuit; 01-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPtotse View Post
cannabis does help a lot, suprisingly.

unfortunately for me though, i got in some legal trouble, and am fairly sure that the court will order me to take a drug test, so i couldn't even smoke pot during/after my w/d. talk about boredom. I did use JWH lightly, but i owe a lot of people money, and i realistically couldn't afford it, but it did help.

loperamide can help too, but you are going to need to take a lot of it..and honestly IMO it doesn't help that much.. and believe me i've tried everything to get that bitch across the BBB..polysorbate 80, etc....

marijuana just takes your ( or mine ) mind off of it...i always get the feeling like, "wow i am a fucking idiot for getting like this and i can make it through it, and i fucking hate myself and what i've done to my body"...

but it takes A LOT of weed, because you are going to need to be really high constantly...

other wise man, what worked for me was: lying in bed watching LOADS of television for about 3-4 days. then once you can eat a little bit and walk around go for a walk. start doing a few push ups. do some sit ups, etc...

when i was doing heroin, i was using quite a large amount ( $100 + per day everyday for about 8 months, and before that it was anywhere from $20-$400 per day for a few years..which $100 is about a half a gram of raw around here, or about a bundle of stamps, which i'm sure more are familiar with, but it does not come packaged like that here. )...

i was disgusted with myself and what i had done in my life, and especially how i came to look. I was a weak mother fucker. I am 6'7'' and i was only weighing 170-180 when doing a lot of heroin. THATS SKIIIIINNNNY BRAH. but when i was on opiates i didnt give a fuck.

when i quit using though, it gave me a huge incentive to start building my body mass back up. Once i was clear of my opiate withdrawals i started working out everyday, usually in the early morning, because of course you can't sleep, which i'm sorry to say dude, will last a long time. I've been free from heroin addiction for about 2 1/2 months, and i still dont sleep for shit. i'm still working out daily, with one day of rest to let my body recover. You will start out with weak weights and shit man, but don't let that get you down. I could barely pull out 20 pushups in a row without straining myself to death when i first started when clean from opiates. Now i make it a daily routine to do at least 100 pushups a day, usually in 2 sets of 50, or 4 of 25..but if i do 4 of 25 i try to throw in another 25.

only thing that helps me is become productive, and i put the productivity into my body. I now weight 220, and am still gaining pretty consistently.

I'm sorry for everything man, opiates are a terrible problem, mainly because they are too good, and too expensive, and cause you to do things you would never do to prevent the terrible sickness.

the only REAL way to quit is just cold turkey man, which for me was VERY hard because I had tons of responsibilities. needless to say my family helped me out a lot with this ( as i worked for a family business) ..and i didn't lose my job, thank god.

the only thing i would recommend is weed man, smoke tons of pot. you may get nervous/regret what you've done/feel like a piece of shit, but the actual physical symptoms will lessen when you smoke pot. plus it helps the mind realize how much of a fucking idiot you have become by letting yourself get addicted.

sorry to hear it bro, and i really do hope the best for you, opiate addiction is such a fucking bastard.

PM me for any questions man, i've been where you at 100 times, and you will realize that while the physical part may seem like the hardest part right now, and believe me: it is a VERY hard part...but the mental part is 10000x harder. staying away from opiates is like telling yourself you can never eat your favorite food again, or never see that one family member that you've loved your whole life again..

i wish you luck. remember: Use the force, Luke. that's all you can do. it's in your mind..i'm sorry to hear that you, or anyone for that matter, has to experience this terrible thing in life. I don't wish HxC opiate withdrawals on even my worst enemies. Death sounds 100% like a better opition, and i've never considered suicidine more in my life than now.

I'm sorry to say man, it's not going to just end either, you may not be physically addicted anymore, but the mental aspect of it is just So much harder. you have to change your WHOLE life man... I still love opiates with ALL my heart and they are the best thing i've ever experienced in my life, and it's very saddening to me, knowing that i can't use ever again. I'm not sure how it will be from a year from now, but this is how i feel, being about 2ish months clean from addiction.

i'm not going to lie, i've used probably 5 times since i am not phsycially addicted, and it's still the best thing in the world.

the bottom line is, once you get past the BRUTAL first 2-4 days, STAY BUSY that's the only thing (beisdes a lack of funds, or a car to get to the dope spot) that has really kept me away from becoming a full blown IV heroin addict again.

seriously man, i wish you good luck and god speed, as it is a terrible existance in life having to go through this.

please though, PM me and i'll talk to you in more detail of my experience of the first few days, and what i did this last time to really help me, and some tips that i've used in the past when i really wasn't trying to quit, just couldnt afford/ran out for a few days.
Thanks for the effort you put into this post, I wish I could smoke weed. I used to live for it, and then it started giving me the opposite effect. It makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. Six years ago this started happening, and so I switched to opiates.. bad move.. Living in a shit village full of snow, where all of my friends have moved from (I had to move back home last summer) there is NOTHING to do. Ever. It makes it SO much harder, yet I know what you're saying. An old buddy stopped by for a couple of hours and even though I felt horrendous, it made the time go by having some laughs.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Thanked 1,010 Times in 751 Posts
Mad Re: Speeding up opiate withdrawal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet-Weed-Dude
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Rapid Detoxification

The often painful symptoms of drug withdrawal may last for several days and can stand as a barrier to the treatment of a drug abuse problem. Some practitioners use "rapid" or "ultra rapid" detoxification methods to condense the withdrawal process into a considerably shorter period of time, about two hours, while the addict is asleep.[2] Rapid detox patients placed under anesthesia while given treatment drugs, such as naltrexone, can avoid the extreme pain associated with such treatments, say proponents, and bypass the major effects of withdrawal.[2] Critics argue that the treatments can be very expensive and that safety has not been sufficiently demonstrated.[2] A 2005 clinical study on "ultra rapid detox" for heroin addicts, comparing buprenorphine-assisted or clonidine-assisted opioid detoxification to anesthesia-assisted detoxification, reported that anesthesia patients commonly underwent withdrawal when they awoke from, had a similar study dropout rate (approximately 80%), and some anesthesia patients experienced severe medical complications.[3][4] Another 2005 study compared clonidine-assisted detoxification to (rapid) clonidine-naloxone precipitated withdrawal under anesthesia, reporting no significant differences in degree or duration of pain, withdrawal severity, or drug craving, with similar withdrawal sequelae, oral naltrexone compliance levels, and abstinence from heroin four weeks following detoxification.[5]

According to a 2001 analysis of 13 Australian drug treatment trials, conducted by Australia's National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, rapid opioid detoxification was determined to be the most effective method of getting people off drugs in the short term, however long-term rates of continued treatment were less successful; in contrast, methadone maintenance treatments were determined to be more cost-effective with patients more likely to remain in treatment.[6]
Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 AM
Duke

Dextromethorphan. same general advice i give about withdrawal. Good nutrition,vitamins,exercise when you can, the info is easy to find.
You can precipitate w/d with buprenorphine^

Last edited by ilovechronic; 01-04-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovechronic View Post
Dextromethorphan. same general advice i give about withdrawal. Good nutrition,vitamins,exercise when you can, the info is easy to find.
You can precipitate w/d with buprenorphine^
DXM does help, believe it or not, in small doses.

Especially with loperamide, antihistamines, etc.

Smoke *small* amounts of weed, this enhancing opioid signaling and eases withdrawals.

Talk to a doctor and see if you can't get trazodone or clonidine, both work well for getting to sleep.

It always gets worse before it gets better, hang in there.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Mad Disrespectful

I'm on day five today, looks like i'm over the worst. I got some sleep last night, kept waking up, but i got a solid 4-5 hours with 200mg diph over the course of the night. The only problem is, i haven't eaten in over 4 days and still don't have my appetite back, even when i smoke weed. shit sucks.

On the plus side, i might be picking some 10mg diazepam's up tonight.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Grand Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BungHole View Post
so you're saying naltrexone plus an anesthetic dose of ketamine or something will cure the physical addiction? The only part of what you quoted that I don't like is "and some anesthesia patients experienced severe medical complications."

Quote:
A 2005 clinical study on "ultra rapid detox" for heroin addicts, comparing buprenorphine-assisted or clonidine-assisted opioid detoxification to anesthesia-assisted detoxification, reported that anesthesia patients commonly underwent withdrawal when they awoke from, had a similar study dropout rate (approximately 80%), and some anesthesia patients experienced severe medical complications.
This doesnt sound so bad, and if you don't get the medical complications then you don't really have anything to lose (except the pain from withdrawals).

Could some of the more expereinced opiate users like RIP chronic and N0WARNING comment on the last post I made? I love opiates but I'm scared shitless of addiction. I know that will keep me safe for now, but I'm also kinda scared of getting overconfident in my willpower.

Last edited by Fractals; 01-04-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckbiscuit View Post
I'm on day five today, looks like i'm over the worst. I got some sleep last night, kept waking up, but i got a solid 4-5 hours with 200mg diph over the course of the night. The only problem is, i haven't eaten in over 4 days and still don't have my appetite back, even when i smoke weed. shit sucks.

On the plus side, i might be picking some 10mg diazepam's up tonight.
So you quit the night before new years eve? lol, I'm on day 4. I appreciate all of the responses.. I'm not going to lie, I've already researched almost everything that has been said and I knew I was doomed when I made this thread unless someone had some breaking info.

I've always thought DXM helped prevent a tolerance, but didn't know it was useful for withdrawals, so I appreciate that info. I appreciate all of the responses actually. I can't go a rapid detox center and have that done, or i'll get cut off my opiate script which I need to not be in pain all of the time, but it's a minimal amount. An amount that is useless with any sort of tolerance.

I still feel pretty fucking shitty, likely due to lack of sleep, but the chills have finally went away, along with a lot of the other symptoms.. or they've declined slightly anyways. I'm a BIT better but not much, I can't fucking sleep for more than 30 mins at a time it seems and I seem to have worse nausea and the shits... and a bad headache.

Fuck this sucks. I'm sure (due to past experience) that tomorrow I'll feel considerably better.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet-Weed-Dude View Post
So you quit the night before new years eve? lol, I'm on day 4. I appreciate all of the responses.. I'm not going to lie, I've already researched almost everything that has been said and I knew I was doomed when I made this thread unless someone had some breaking info.

I've always thought DXM helped prevent a tolerance, but didn't know it was useful for withdrawals, so I appreciate that info. I appreciate all of the responses actually. I can't go a rapid detox center and have that done, or i'll get cut off my opiate script which I need to not be in pain all of the time, but it's a minimal amount. An amount that is useless with any sort of tolerance.

I still feel pretty fucking shitty, likely due to lack of sleep, but the chills have finally went away, along with a lot of the other symptoms.. or they've declined slightly anyways. I'm a BIT better but not much, I can't fucking sleep for more than 30 mins at a time it seems and I seem to have worse nausea and the shits... and a bad headache.

Fuck this sucks. I'm sure (due to past experience) that tomorrow I'll feel considerably better.
I quit on NYE lol, WD's started to happen around 10pm and they just got worse. Because i was using a short acting opioid (fentanyl) withdrawals come on around 7 hours after the last dose.

I can't even listen to music, because it mostly all reminds me of getting high.
I'm over the worst now though. and i've managed to eat a bowl of cereal.

Good luck man, stay strong.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Regular

If you're canadian, you can legally buy peyote, probably iboga also. Iboga is probably the most effective at interrupting withdrawal and addiction, but I would take peyote, iboga, and ayahuasca.

I think that iboga is the only one with the research showing it to help with the physical withdrawal problems. But a lot of it is mental, you can deal with all the physical stuff better if you have a stronger will power and mind, so the others may help a lot too. Cold showers may also help, they increase pain tolerance. If you get a headache from not being able to sleep, weed may not be a good idea. Healthy food, water, exercise, though. Good stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
I quit on NYE lol, WD's started to happen around 10pm and they just got worse. Because i was using a short acting opioid (fentanyl) withdrawals come on around 7 hours after the last dose.

I can't even listen to music, because it mostly all reminds me of getting high.
I'm over the worst now though. and i've managed to eat a bowl of cereal.

Good luck man, stay strong.
Yeah my last dose was 18mg hydromorphone railed at 10:45 on new years eve. I tried fentanyl for the first time about a month ago and I didn't like it at all. After reading about it on here I thought it would be awesome, but for me, it just made me dizzy with no euphoria. Weird. I guess we all work quite differently.

And to the guy that suggested cold showers, I messaged Rizzo about that and he confirmed that it should help, and it does. Every opiate addict here should take note of that.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thumbs Up Re: Speeding up opiate withdrawal?

Quote:
Yeah my last dose was 18mg hydromorphone railed at 10:45 on new years eve. I tried fentanyl for the first time about a month ago and I didn't like it at all. After reading about it on here I thought it would be awesome, but for me, it just made me dizzy with no euphoria. Weird. I guess we all work quite differently.

And to the guy that suggested cold showers, I messaged Rizzo about that and he confirmed that it should help, and it does. Every opiate addict here should take note of that.
I was only using it because of the large amounts i had at my disposal for free, when smoked it's deathly strong, i ended up stumbling around my house doing random messed up shit after i smoked 30+mg one night.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts

oxytocin...so eat some X.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Grin Re: Speeding up opiate withdrawal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
oxytocin...so eat some X.
I abused that shit way too much as a young teenager (lol @ uk and its £1 e tabs) even thinking about that shit makes me feel sick.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I abused that shit way too much as a young teenager (lol @ uk and its £1 e tabs) even thinking about that shit makes me feel sick.
well lucky for you there are plenty of ways to get yer OT flowing besides MDMA.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
well lucky for you there are plenty of ways to get yer OT flowing besides MDMA.
Wait just what is oxytocin anyways? What does it do? I hear it mentioned a lot. How do you get it flowing? Judging by how the word sounds, it sounds like something I would like to have a lot of.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Regular

Quote:
Wait just what is oxytocin anyways? What does it do? I hear it mentioned a lot. How do you get it flowing? Judging by how the word sounds, it sounds like something I would like to have a lot of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

not that hard brah
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Duke

Quote:
lol just because something has "oxy" in front of it does not make it anything remotely close to oxycodone.
oxytocin is "the love chemical" produced by the body IIRC.
RIPtotse (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Baron

lol oxytocin is really funny IMO...i feel like i could trick people with it, bceause it is pretty similar is word-structure to oxycontin.

or as niggers call it OXYCOTTIN, fucking idiots. they also do/sell alot of HAIR-ON..

Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
lol just because something has "oxy" in front of it does not make it anything remotely close to oxycodone.
Meh, such dumb names don't really do much to further understanding, do they? It's like calling dopamine the reward chemical, it's so one-dimensional.

Anyway, oxytocin has been shown to reduce/prevent amphetamine & opiate tolerance and I'm reasonably sure that this also helps greatly with withdrawals.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0091-3057(87)90533-8
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m10w362253067642/
http://www.psyneuen-journal.com/arti...064-X/abstract

If anything oxytocin is the "affection/bonding" neuropeptide but even that is fairly fucking false since oxytocin has a host of different effects on the body besides encouraging social behavior.

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/42/16681.full.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18655894
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...9/?tool=pubmed
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11458679
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19638362
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10848513

etc.

Also I highly doubt that you're going to trick anyone into doing anything profitable because of oxytocin, regardless of its ever so slight similarity to the word oxycodone.

Of course the media is now touting oxytocin as the cure for all our various ills & what have you.

Last edited by iMagiNation; 01-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Duke

Quote:
Meh, such dumb names don't really do much to further understanding, do they? It's like calling dopamine the reward chemical, it's so one-dimensional.

Anyway, oxytocin has been shown to reduce/prevent amphetamine & opiate tolerance and I'm reasonably sure that this also helps greatly with withdrawals.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0091-3057(87)90533-8
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m10w362253067642/
http://www.psyneuen-journal.com/arti...064-X/abstract

If anything oxytocin is the "affection/bonding" neuropeptide but even that is fairly fucking false since oxytocin has a host of different effects on the body besides encouraging social behavior.

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/42/16681.full.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18655894
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...9/?tool=pubmed
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11458679
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19638362
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10848513

etc.

Also I highly doubt that you're going to trick anyone into doing anything profitable because of oxytocin, regardless of its ever so slight similarity to the word oxycodone.

Of course the media is now touting oxytocin as the cure for all our various ills & what have you.
thats why I said IIRC. The point of that post was not really to explain what oxytocin is it was to explain that just because it is the letters re arranged of oxycontin does not make it oxycodone or of any relation.

Last edited by ilovechronic; 01-04-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,155 Times in 847 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JC Denton Send a message via Skype™ to JC Denton

Look at my thread mang
Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
thats why I said IIRC. The point of that post was not really to explain what oxytocin is it was to explain that just because it is the letters re arranged of oxycontin does not make it oxycodone or of any relation.
and the reason why I go off on tangents that seem unrelated and quote posts that barely have anything to do with what I'm saying is because I'm on drugs, son.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Duke

Quote:
Unless you're a pregnant girl or the taker in a homosexual relationship, I don't think you want much of it.

Here's part of my research entry for oxytocin.

List of functions and effects:

- spontaneous erections and orgasm, increases sexual receptivety and counteracts impotence
- water retention (slight) - due to similarity in structure to vasopressin.
- inhibition of adrenocorticotropic hormone, cortisol, and vasopressin
- bonding
- promotes healthy social behavior. Administration of oxytocin reduces symptoms of autism
- reduces antisocial behavior. The administration of oxytocin normalized social behaviors in animals exhibiting schizophrenia.
- decreased repetitive behaviors
- improved interpretation of emotions. Increased empathy.
- maternal behaviour
- increased trust
- reduces fear. Increased levels of oxytocin inhibit the fight or flight response in the brain.
- Affecting generosity by increasing empathy during perspective taking.
- inhibition of development of tolerance to various drugs (opiates, cocaine, alcohol), and reduced withdrawals. Lessen cravings and addictions
- counters cravings for sweets
- impair learning and memory retrieval in certain aversive memory tasks, but facilitates learning in normal conditions.
- Increase beta-endorphin and testosterone production
- Lowers blood pressure, protects against heart disease
- Increase or decreases dopaminergic activity
- Elevates pain threshold
- Faster wound healing - repairs, heals, and restores
- Increases curiousity
- promotes feelings of calm and connectedness, positive feelings. Oxytocin calms. A single rat injected with oxytocin has a calming effect on a cage full of anxious rats
- oxytocin may increase longevity. Companionship can increase longevity—even among those who are HIV positive
Oxytocin may also explain why, among various species of primates, care-giving parents (whether male or female) live significantly longer

Oxytocin appears be a major reason that SSRI’s ease depression, perhaps because high levels of cortisol are the chief culprits in depression and anxiety disorders.

Ways to increase oxytocin levels/activity

Activities/therapies: Sexual arousal and orgasm, yoga, dancing, excercise, massage, Nurturing/caring for a pet or person, joining a support group, giving selflessly/philanthrophy, affectionate touching

Diet: Protein

Neurochemistry: Activation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors, High estrogen to testosterone ratio, low levels of vasopressin

Other: Love, fenugreek, intimate relationships, soothing or reassuring stimuli

Drugs: Empathogens

I've had to thoroughly look over dozens of study's to gather all that information, so you should thank me for doing all the work for you.

Last edited by JC Denton; 01-05-2011 at 03:10 AM.
IWD (01-05-2011)
Old 01-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
lol I know. I was just kidding. jk I wasn't just kidding. I'm eating an oxy pad right now. It says oxy on it.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMr_duckO View Post
Unless you're a pregnant girl or the taker in a homosexual relationship, I don't think you want much of it.

Here's part of my research entry for oxytocin.

List of functions and effects:

- spontaneous erections and orgasm, increases sexual receptivety and counteracts impotence
- water retention (slight) - due to similarity in structure to vasopressin.
- inhibition of adrenocorticotropic hormone, cortisol, and vasopressin
- bonding
- promotes healthy social behavior. Administration of oxytocin reduces symptoms of autism
- reduces antisocial behavior. The administration of oxytocin normalized social behaviors in animals exhibiting schizophrenia.
- decreased repetitive behaviors
- improved interpretation of emotions. Increased empathy.
- maternal behaviour
- increased trust
- reduces fear. Increased levels of oxytocin inhibit the fight or flight response in the brain.
- Affecting generosity by increasing empathy during perspective taking.
- inhibition of development of tolerance to various drugs (opiates, cocaine, alcohol), and reduced withdrawals. Lessen cravings and addictions
- counters cravings for sweets
- impair learning and memory retrieval in certain aversive memory tasks, but facilitates learning in normal conditions.
- Increase beta-endorphin and testosterone production
- Lowers blood pressure, protects against heart disease
- Increase or decreases dopaminergic activity
- Elevates pain threshold
- Faster wound healing - repairs, heals, and restores
- Increases curiousity
- promotes feelings of calm and connectedness, positive feelings. Oxytocin calms. A single rat injected with oxytocin has a calming effect on a cage full of anxious rats
- oxytocin may increase longevity. Companionship can increase longevity—even among those who are HIV positive
Oxytocin may also explain why, among various species of primates, care-giving parents (whether male or female) live significantly longer

Oxytocin appears be a major reason that SSRI’s ease depression, perhaps because high levels of cortisol are the chief culprits in depression and anxiety disorders.

Ways to increase oxytocin levels/activity

Activities/therapies: Sexual arousal and orgasm, yoga, dancing, excercise, massage, Nurturing/caring for a pet or person, joining a support group, giving selflessly/philanthrophy, affectionate touching

Diet: Protein

Neurochemistry: Activation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors, High estrogen to testosterone ratio, low levels of vasopressin

Other: Love, fenugreek, intimate relationships, soothing or reassuring stimuli

Drugs: Empathogens

I've had to thoroughly look over dozens of study's to gather all that information, so you should thank me for doing all the work for you.
I will thank you for putting the work into that post, but it still seems to me like something that would be beneficial to have lots of, gay or not.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Duke

Quote:
I will thank you for putting the work into that post, but it still seems to me like something that would be beneficial to have lots of, gay or not.
I was kidding about the gay part. but correct me if I'm wrong.
If you can't recall those natural oxytocin rushes as vividly as I do, then you probably had a fucked up childhood and were neglected by parents and had no rl friends... Which I always suspected cause you were kinduv a troll back on totse eons ago. So... of course you'd want it. You just wanna feel loved

Last edited by JC Denton; 01-05-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Regular

Im dope sick as fuck and im trying to figure out how to seperate the oxy out of oxyclean. I have a huge bucket of the shit and im tryin to get fucked up! Help? Bahahahahahahahaha
IWD (01-05-2011), Mudokon Farmer (01-06-2011)
Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMr_duckO View Post
I was kidding about the gay part. but correct me if I'm wrong.
If you can't recall those natural oxytocin rushes as vividly as I do, then you probably had a fucked up childhood and were neglected by parents and had no rl friends... Which I always suspected cause you were kinduv a troll back on totse eons ago. So... of course you'd want it. You just wanna feel loved
I just didn't know of the term. I had a really good childhood. It was at age 18 that my life got fucked up..

Glad to see you remember me though. I was 16-17 when I was a troll on totse. I didn't take it seriously and I understand it was wrong to troll the drug forum, and I would never do that now. The information here should be taken seriously by everyone and mis-information is dangerous. I was just a mischevious little punk back then that got a rise out of pissing people on the internet off, I didn't use the site to learn or spread my own knowledge.

Plus I was a major druggie and I thought I was the most badass kid in school. I was stupid, but I had a lot of fun.. Was it worth it? .. I really don't know. It caught up with me at 18 and I've had it pretty rough since.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 AM

I wonder if oxytocin has anything to do with human X animal bonding or if its a different chemical or what.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractals View Post
LOL that was me. Look at the post again. I moved to BL for a while after totse got shut down.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost....97&postcount=8

Last edited by JC Denton; 01-05-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Grand Duke

o my bad
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractals View Post
hopefully Ill read the post better next time, sry
btw I edited the post and added RIP totse ~OMr_duckO after you linked the thread lol. Not your fault.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Grand Duke

lol ya i saw that and edited my post after you quoted me