Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,247 Times in 872 Posts
Default Why would smoking shards cause a bad headache?

I'm not trying to say that it shouldn't cause headaches.. it should cause lots of things, I'm aware..

Anyways in a few hours I will be on my 7th day clean of opiates, which is great, but nonetheless I still don't feel the greatest. Pretty shitty in fact, although the physical part is over half over I'd say..

So my friend showed up tonight all fucked up saying he needs to quit drugs. Neither of us like meth, we like opiates. He's having girl problems with this girl that smokes meth so he bought a bunch for her last night, then got in a fight with her and told her he's keeping it..

I'm aware it was a RETARDED idea to even touch it while coming off of opiates, or any time period for that matter.. I don't categorize meth with most other drugs. I think it's the worst of the more popular drugs that you can do habitually.. Anyways I took 2 hoots, but we only had a shitty thin lightbulb instead of a pipe, and the shards ended up getting burned rather than vaporized.. I can tell because of how it tasted when I exhaled.

Is it common for this to cause a HORRIBLE headache? I can tell it's not just opiate withdrawals because the pain is in such a specific spot only.. my head.

What could be causing this? Dehydration? A bunch of things?

What should I do for relief, and is it anything to worry about? I'm guessing not but I might as well throw that in there.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 1,977 Times in 1,315 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit
Default Re: Why would smoking shards cause a bad headache?

Yeah, lay off the meff, skippy.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 848 Posts

Could be something to do with meth related vasoconstriction, or it could be a dirty batch with fuck-knows-what as ingredients.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:12 AM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,279 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
Could be something to do with meth related vasoconstriction, or it could be a dirty batch with fuck-knows-what as ingredients.
pretty much this

also, how well cleaned out was the lightbulb?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
pretty much this

also, how well cleaned out was the lightbulb?
Completely new and transparent.. Although when I say new, I mean new as in "we just found an old burnt out lightbulb and used it for it's new purpose for the first time".

So you guys think vacoconstriction is the culprit more than dehydration? I forced a bottle of water down but It still fucking kills.

While we're talking about it, Rizzo, and Hydro, do either of you know if accidentally taking a giant toke of burnt shard rather than vaporizing it the correct way could add to the negative symptoms one might get from crystal? It wasn't bunk shit that's 90% unreduced pseudoephedrine, I feel the dopamine and the euphoria of good meth, so the quality wasn't the issue.. I DOUBT, anyways.. unless there was something in particular that was in it that causes headaches when smoked..

I really thought it must have been from dehydration because after inhaling all the burnt shard smoke, my mouth went drier than it usually would from a hit, my face felt drier, then I got the headache with the euphoria about 20 seconds later.

Now I'm more curious as to the differences in feelings when you compare properly vaporized rocks to disguting tasting burnt ones, aside from the taste.. if there are any others. (I'm guessing there are).
Old 01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet-Weed-Dude View Post
Completely new and transparent.. Although when I say new, I mean new as in "we just found an old burnt out lightbulb and used it for it's new purpose for the first time".
So, let me get this straight, it was new, but burnt out. ie, you found it in a garbage can, but no one had ever smoked anything out of it before. Right?

Quote:
So you guys think vacoconstriction is the culprit more than dehydration?
Probably, but we can't be sure.

Quote:
I really thought it must have been from dehydration because after inhaling all the burnt shard smoke, my mouth went drier than it usually would from a hit, my face felt drier, then I got the headache with the euphoria about 20 seconds later.
Well, consider:

Quote:
While we're talking about it, Rizzo, and Hydro, do either of you know if accidentally taking a giant toke of burnt shard rather than vaporizing it the correct way could add to the negative symptoms one might get from crystal?
Well, if you give meth HCl enough eat you'll get some oxidized version of 1-phenylpropane, as well as possibly carbon monoxide, hydrochloric acid, and nitrogen oxides. In other words, you could be getting a whole pile of shit that will make you cough, then cause you headaches. Vape yr shit right: smokers are jokers.

Quote:
It wasn't bunk shit that's 90% unreduced pseudoephedrine, I feel the dopamine and the euphoria of good meth, so the quality wasn't the issue.. I DOUBT, anyways.. unless there was something in particular that was in it that causes headaches when smoked..
It wouldn't have to be bunk meth, it would just have some leftover P2P or methylamine, or phosphorous, or sulfur, or lye, or chlorine, or .....

Believe it or not, some of the shit they use to cook meth is poisonous if not properly cleaned out...

iMagiNation (01-07-2011), IWD (01-07-2011)
Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
So, let me get this straight, it was new, but burnt out. ie, you found it in a garbage can, but no one had ever smoked anything out of it before. Right?

Probably, but we can't be sure.

Well, consider:

Well, if you give meth HCl enough eat you'll get some oxidized version of 1-phenylpropane, as well as possibly carbon monoxide, hydrochloric acid, and nitrogen oxides. In other words, you could be getting a whole pile of shit that will make you cough, then cause you headaches. Vape yr shit right: smokers are jokers.

It wouldn't have to be bunk meth, it would just have some leftover P2P or methylamine, or phosphorous, or sulfur, or lye, or chlorine, or .....

Believe it or not, some of the shit they use to cook meth is poisonous if not properly cleaned out...

Thanks for the well written response. You actually taught me something, and no, it wasn't the part about meth's ingredients being potentially toxic if not removed properly.. lol.

The part about burning the meth causing different side effects.. useful info man, I was always curious about that.. thanks a lot.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Archduke

Quote:
The part about burning the meth causing different side effects.. useful info man, I was always curious about that.. thanks a lot.

But, my answer was based on chemistry (pyrolysis of amine HCl salts) not actual data on meth. As for how much poison will form in a normal (albeit overheated) meth smoking I have no idea. Could be 10% or .01%. No good way to tell.

Quote:
and no, it wasn't the part about meth's ingredients being potentially toxic if not removed properly.. lol.
lol, yea. Most people know this, but after a few seasons of breaking bad, I think it's important to know not all meth cooks care about pumping out clean product.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:

But, my answer was based on chemistry (pyrolysis of amine HCl salts) not actual data on meth. As for how much poison will form in a normal (albeit overheated) meth smoking I have no idea. Could be 10% or .01%. No good way to tell.

lol, yea. Most people know this, but after a few seasons of breaking bad, I think it's important to know not all meth cooks care about pumping out clean product.
But basically, without getting too technical, it can be assured that burning meth is worse for you than vaporizing, and that the negative side of burning meth then extends passed the fact that it often wastes your dope?

If so, that's all I needed to hear.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Peasant

Meth is a lot more likely to cause a headache from vasoconstriction, which has already been said, than dehydration when there is no binge like this. The other big reason for it is simply muscle tension. Most likely, it was a bit of both of these on top of the already likely conditions for a headache caused by withdrawal.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Exclamation Re: Why would smoking shards cause a bad headache?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Chemical View Post
Meth is a lot more likely to cause a headache from vasoconstriction, which has already been said, than dehydration when there is no binge like this. The other big reason for it is simply muscle tension. Most likely, it was a bit of both of these on top of the already likely conditions for a headache caused by withdrawal.
Yeah, it's a good thing a buddy gave me his script for cyclobenzaprine 10mg's because he didn't want them. They seem to help a lot with the bad stimulation you get after the euphoria. Clonazepam helps too, and I have PLENTY of those.

I hate meth and used to be addicted to it at age 17.. I went years without doing it because it went bunk after they busted all of the superlabs and cracked down on it in like 05.. around here, between 06-09 it's been bunk. Only this year has it been good and euphoric once again and it seems everywhere I go it's in front of me.. I'm not strong willed enough to say no every time when I'm hanging out with friends and there's nothing else to do. I convinced 2 of my friends last night to stop using it. They're not methheads, but my one buddy will buy it only if there's no opiates. No more crystal.. I think it's the worst popular drug you can put into your body.

On the plus side, I made it another day with no opiates. That's a week. I might have a bit less dopamine being transmitted in my brain tomorrow, but I don't believe meth comedowns to be quite as bad as severe opiate withdrawal. I'm just glad most of the physical opiate withdrawal is over.. Now to find the will power to disallow myself ANY opiates.. including the percs I'm prescribed. After six years.. it just seems so stupid now that I was doing that to myself repeatedly. Every opiate addict should tough it out for a week.. a nightmare of a week, then pat themselves on the back. It becomes more clear how when you use them you're sacrificing logic for a temporary comfort zone that will be reversed when you run out. It's hard to see when you're in it, because it feels like you will never be able to resist the sweet feeling of opiates.. but do you know what's better? Waking up in the morning and feeling alright without having to create schemes to get pills before you can do anything.. being interested in sex again, not feeling anxiety about going places if you don't have enough pills.

The negatives outweigh the short term positives by a long shot, but the demon (addict) inside of you will validate any type of use whether you know deep down that it's a bad idea or not. FUCK opiates, they're evil little fuckers and I only know TWO people that are prescribed them and are not addicted.. they take them when they need them desperately for pain and that's it. I know about 45 people that start taking them for pain and then want them every few hours, every day.. myself being one of them. I'm not going to be fooled into validating a reason to use a small amount this time though. They say people generally have a 7% chance of quitting opiates at an average.. I've missed that 7% like 40 times and always ended up relapsing on day 3 or 4.. One time 2 years ago I made it 13 days. Even after 1 measly week I don't understand how I could have been so fucking stupid. Fuck tapering.. ilovechronic made a post today that could have saved my life. I was planning on withdrawing until my tolerance went low enough to feel 1 perc, twice a day to take the edge off my achiness, but now after reading his post I'm not going to bother even doing that.

Apparently once you've been addicted for several years, if you quit for a while then relapse even on a small amount, like say, a few percocets to take the edge off.. I guess you'll go into full blown withdrawals again.. even from giving your body a tiny amount. This wouldn't apply to people who never felt as if they NEEDED them just to make it through a day, people that don't use them to get feeling good, but rather just for the pain.

I'm thinking ilovechronic may be correct, nothing is ever 100% guaranteed but it would make a lot of sense. When I quit for 13 days in the summer of 09, I was completely back to normal physically, and not that bad mentally either. Then, like an idiot, I did a huge rail of meth with some friends and since I fucked up my neurochemistry I'm sure and even weed gives me god damned panic attacks now, I was fucked. I thought I was going to die.. then a family member offered me 2 of his percocets and I thought since I went 13 days with none it wouldn't be a big deal.

The next day I was a fiend.. just off 2 lousy percocets the day before, and today, here I am, still yet to beat that 13 day record. Another week and I've got it. Also, if any of you are addicted to opiates, you've probably experienced pain and suffering like no other human being that you know. It's absolutely horrible.. They're a trap that eventually you cant get yourself out of. They're just too good, stay away from them so you won't get jaded like I am with regular sober living.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Archduke

it was probly crystallised tyramine
Old 01-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Archduke

Quote:
But basically, without getting too technical, it can be assured that burning meth is worse for you than vaporizing, and that the negative side of burning meth then extends passed the fact that it often wastes your dope?
Yes.