Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Science > Flasks and Beakers

Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Peasant

Default solubility of Adderall/Dexedrine in water

Is there a mg:ml ratio that I could use so that I could more effectively make use of these drugs? I know that Adderall is 1/4 l-amphetamine so it won't be the same as dex, but I can get either of them both in tablet form so I'd kind of like to know both.

Also, does dissolving them in water and then letting the water evaporate to get a more pure product really make a big difference in overall effects/duration/onset? (I'm planning to snort this by the way)

s'all I got.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,358 Posts
Send a message via MSN to fuckbiscuit
Default Re: solubility of Adderall/Dexedrine in water

Dex amp should be soluble as fuck, use 2-3ml.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AngelOfDeath] View Post
Is there a mg:ml ratio that I could use so that I could more effectively make use of these drugs? I know that Adderall is 1/4 l-amphetamine so it won't be the same as dex, but I can get either of them both in tablet form so I'd kind of like to know both.

Also, does dissolving them in water and then letting the water evaporate to get a more pure product really make a big difference in overall effects/duration/onset? (I'm planning to snort this by the way)

s'all I got.
The levo isomer isn't the thing thats going to make the big difference in solubility against just the plain dextro. Its more that adderall is 4 different salts. It really doesn't make a big difference here, but the salt the chemicals in will make a bigger difference than the stereo isomer in physical properties. Not so much the case in biological chemical reactions though. Just something to keep in mind.

That said, like fuckbiscuit said, the active ingredients are soluble as hell. You could dissolve in water and filter and it'd get purer, sure. You better do a whole prescription at once or something, though. The percent lost in cleaning it up versus the yield of cleaner product won't be worth it otherwise, and neither will the time if you don't just do it once right.

Its still not going to be that much cleaner, though. Probably still be orange or pink depending on the brand of IR. Did I mention you probably shouldn't even bother if they're XR?

I'd just say eat them, plug them, or do a bit of homework and find out what you'd need to do for a proper extraction. If I remember, its not very difficult, but I still don't think its worth the effort. Whatever you do, you should save your nose some sorrow and not snort them. Fuck that, you're grown, snort em if you want, just go easy on the schnozz. Maybe snort a few then go look into extracting the rest.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Peasant

I also forgot to mention that I have Dexedrine spansules (generic, not brand name sadly) not Dex IRs which is part of the reason why I wanted to know if the water evap. would defeat the crushed up beads of dex.

So do you think that 15-20ml of water will work for 60mgs of addy?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Quote:
I also forgot to mention that I have Dexedrine spansules (generic, not brand name sadly) not Dex IRs which is part of the reason why I wanted to know if the water evap. would defeat the crushed up beads of dex.

So do you think that 15-20ml of water will work for 60mgs of addy?
Don't be an idiot and shoot L-amp, there is no need. Just shoot the HCL salt with a couple ml tap water and cook it, stop fucking your veins up.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Peasant

I never had any intentions to shoot either of them. Sadly, where I live there is no access to needles and buying online isn't an option either.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Thumbs Up Re: solubility of Adderall/Dexedrine in water

Quote:
I never had any intentions to shoot either of them. Sadly, where I live there is no access to needles and buying online isn't an option either.
If you're american, you can get rigs from wallgreens.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
The Boss

They're fully soluble. 60mg should dissolve in 1ml easy.

Dissolving and evaporating only makes sense if you add in filtering between.

mike
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
They're fully soluble. 60mg should dissolve in 1ml easy.

Dissolving and evaporating only makes sense if you add in filtering between.

mike
You're not including binders, 200mg+
Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckbiscuit View Post
You're not including binders, 200mg+
Are most binders water soluble?

If so, I guess it depends on what preparation he has, but I've dissolved two addy 30mg XRs in a single syringe worth of water easy.

mike
Old 01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Mad Disrespectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
Are most binders water soluble?

If so, I guess it depends on what preparation he has, but I've dissolved two addy 30mg XRs in a single syringe worth of water easy.

mike
Corn starch isn't, which thickens the shot, it'll also have titanium dioxide in it.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Bringer of Evil

Thanked 1,915 Times in 977 Posts

A quick search indicated the following inactive ingredients in Adderall. If you want to individually look up their solubility, it would better aid you in your quest.

IR:

LACTITOL
COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE
LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE
MAGNESIUM STEARATE
MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE
PREGELATINIZED STARCH

XR:

hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
methacrylic acid copolymer
opadry beige
sugar spheres
talc
triethyl citrate

http://www.panthraxnation.host.sk | Get Addicted.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Peasant

If my 10 minute study on the binders used in government funded speed is correct then the only substance besides d-amphetamine that I should have in the filtered solution is Lactitol with the IRs.

interesting little tidbit of info here:
Quote:
In the treatment of constipation, lactitol monohydrate is given in an initial dose of 20 g daily as a single dose with the morning or evening meal, subsequently adjusted to produce one stool daily. A dose of 10 g daily may be sufficient for many patients. Doses should be mixed with food or liquid, and 1 to 2 glasses of liquid should be drunk with the meal. Lactitol is a permitted sweetener in foods.
So adderall has laxatives in it. everybody, run and tell your friends!

http://laxativedrugs.com/index.php/medications/lactitol
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,270 Posts

fuck, I read this as "supply of adderall/dexedrine in water" and then I realized, you know, there probably is a lot of amphetamine in tap water.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Peasant

how long should I wait for it to dissolve, and do I need to stir the solution before I get ready to filter it? I'm guessing warm water works best...but I don't know.

I plan on snorting the end result, but is it REALLY worth it going to all this trouble? I know that 60-90mgs of addy IR is a metric shit-ton of powder (most of it binders), but I'm afraid if I dissolve and evap. it there will barely be anything left to rail.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Peasant

sorry to bring back a dead thread but I figured that this was related enough with my first question that it could be put in this one.

I've decided to try the Isopropyl alcohol extraction method, but I only have 70% iso available, do you think that the water in the solution will interfere with the extraction process?

here's the process mentioned above for reference:

1. Dissolve said dextroamphetamine in alcohol. Many of the binders in dextroamphetamine are not soluble in alcohol. However, they may be soluble in water: use the highest proof alcohol one could get (Everclear) or use high-percentage Isopropyl alcohol. Make sure to stir well and don't use lots of liquid (You're going to have to evaporate it off. One's extraction should be liquid (not a paste).)

2. Drain the liquid through coffee filters several times. My dog likes to do it until the liquid is nearly colorless (maybe 3x or 4x through filters).

3. Place filtered liquid in pyrex baking dish. Place in 350 degree (F) oven with the door propped open (this helps water/alcohol vapor escape).

4. Check every 10 minutes or so until liquid has evaporated. It may look like there's nothing left in the baking dish. Don't panic! That's a sign that your extraction worked and all the fillers got filtered out. To reassure yourself that everything's not gone, brush your finger lightly over the bottom of the dish. Feel some stickiness/roughness? That's the good stuff.

5. Once all the liquid is gone (you can't see any when you tilt the baking dish and nothing' s running/pooling on the surface), take the dish out of the oven and turn the oven off.

6. Let the dish cool until you can hold it safely.

7. Get a razor blade (a paint scraper that uses razor blades with a handle is much safer and easier to use than a bare blade) start scraping the bottom of the pan. You should see white crystals start as you scrape. Success!

8. When you finish scraping the bottom of the baking dish and have made a pile of crystals dump them carefully onto something that will catch all the flakes (aluminum foil or wax paper works well).

9. Utilize the resulting substance as you see fit (within applicable local laws, of course).
Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 AM
is baked

Thanked 1,267 Times in 954 Posts

moved per OP's request.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Count

What is going on in this threads guys?
Bill Buford quotes (showing 1-16 of 16)“Food made by hand is an act of defiance and runs contrary to everything in our modernity.Find it; eat it; it will go. It has been around for millennia. Now it is evanescent, like a season.” ― Bill Buford.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Lovable Resident Shitposter

Thanked 1,213 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
sorry to bring back a dead thread but I figured that this was related enough with my first question that it could be put in this one.

I've decided to try the Isopropyl alcohol extraction method, but I only have 70% iso available, do you think that the water in the solution will interfere with the extraction process?

here's the process mentioned above for reference:

1. Dissolve said dextroamphetamine in alcohol. Many of the binders in dextroamphetamine are not soluble in alcohol. However, they may be soluble in water: use the highest proof alcohol one could get (Everclear) or use high-percentage Isopropyl alcohol. Make sure to stir well and don't use lots of liquid (You're going to have to evaporate it off. One's extraction should be liquid (not a paste).)

2. Drain the liquid through coffee filters several times. My dog likes to do it until the liquid is nearly colorless (maybe 3x or 4x through filters).

3. Place filtered liquid in pyrex baking dish. Place in 350 degree (F) oven with the door propped open (this helps water/alcohol vapor escape).

4. Check every 10 minutes or so until liquid has evaporated. It may look like there's nothing left in the baking dish. Don't panic! That's a sign that your extraction worked and all the fillers got filtered out. To reassure yourself that everything's not gone, brush your finger lightly over the bottom of the dish. Feel some stickiness/roughness? That's the good stuff.

5. Once all the liquid is gone (you can't see any when you tilt the baking dish and nothing' s running/pooling on the surface), take the dish out of the oven and turn the oven off.

6. Let the dish cool until you can hold it safely.

7. Get a razor blade (a paint scraper that uses razor blades with a handle is much safer and easier to use than a bare blade) start scraping the bottom of the pan. You should see white crystals start as you scrape. Success!

8. When you finish scraping the bottom of the baking dish and have made a pile of crystals dump them carefully onto something that will catch all the flakes (aluminum foil or wax paper works well).

9. Utilize the resulting substance as you see fit (within applicable local laws, of course).
bump