Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM

Default A couple questions on Subutex

First off: I'd like to bust out the ol' shaver and snort a line or two of the Subutex, because I don't have much and I can use less that way. But my question is this: If I snort it, will it still take away the withdrawal symptoms? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I can't afford to do anything wrong with the little bit that I have. Another thing about that is that you have to be in full withdrawal to take any Subutex. Last time I tried to take some for w/drawal I was puking and ended up puking while it was under my tounge and didn't get much out of it at all. Basically: Will Subutex take away the symptoms of withdrawl if you snort it?

Second: I know you have to be in full withdrawal to take it, but I have a few friends who are telling me "you have to wait 24 hours". I start puking at the 14-16 hour mark, so is it safe to take it when I start puking/pissing out my ass or do I really have to wait a full 24 hours?

Thanks in advance, everyone. I really appreciate it. Kickin's a bitch...
Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,247 Times in 872 Posts
Default Re: A couple questions on Subutex

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpryor View Post
First off: I'd like to bust out the ol' shaver and snort a line or two of the Subutex, because I don't have much and I can use less that way. But my question is this: If I snort it, will it still take away the withdrawal symptoms? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I can't afford to do anything wrong with the little bit that I have. Another thing about that is that you have to be in full withdrawal to take any Subutex. Last time I tried to take some for w/drawal I was puking and ended up puking while it was under my tounge and didn't get much out of it at all. Basically: Will Subutex take away the symptoms of withdrawl if you snort it?

Second: I know you have to be in full withdrawal to take it, but I have a few friends who are telling me "you have to wait 24 hours". I start puking at the 14-16 hour mark, so is it safe to take it when I start puking/pissing out my ass or do I really have to wait a full 24 hours?

Who would want to offer advice to the guy that argued how oxycodone is the same thing as heroin, only with a different name?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet-Weed-Dude View Post
Who would want to offer advice to the guy that argued how oxycodone is the same thing as heroin, only with a different name?

When the fuck did I say that? Find the post where I said that you fucking retard. I'll wait...

Quit trying to pick a fight with me you stupid fuck. You of all people have no right to talk about anything anyone said(or didn't say, in this case). You're known for being full of shit and worthless.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:

I wouldnt snort it, Subutex is designed to be dissolved under the toungue, but if you do snort it it will still take away w/d's.

And you dont need to wait 24 hours before taking it, trust me (well..), ive taken it for a year and the minimum is 12 hours. But to be safe try to leave it as long past 12 hours as you can.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stongbow Super View Post
I wouldnt snort it, Subutex is designed to be dissolved under the toungue, but if you do snort it it will still take away w/d's.

And you dont need to wait 24 hours before taking it, trust me (well..), ive taken it for a year and the minimum is 12 hours. But to be safe try to leave it as long past 12 hours as you can.

So as long as I wait 12 hours or until I start getting the shakes and sweats I'll be good?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

Sublingual bioavailability is 30% intranasal bioavailability is 48%. Not snorting it is a waste.

It is possible, however, that intranasal administration will have a shorter duration than sublingual. I do not know if this will be the case, but that it a trend typical of intanasal administration of opioids. If i have time i'll look up peak plasma concentration data later - since that is actually more important than bioavailability.

If you've withdrawn before then you should know when you're in the worst of it. Wait until then to snort your first dose. If your goal is purely to get out of WDs then another advantage of intranasal admin is that you can do small lines and youll know in 5 minutes if it was enough or not. That way you can be as frugal as possible.

Stay strong.

Last edited by Aces N 8s; 03-12-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Imma Eat Yo' Brainz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces N 8s View Post
Sublingual bioavailability is 30% intranasal bioavailability is 48%. Not snorting it is a waste.

It is possible, however, that intranasal administration will have a shorter duration than sublingual. I do not know if this will be the case, but that it a trend typical of intanasal administration of opioids. If i have time i'll look up peak plasma concentration data later - since that is actually more important than bioavailability.

If you've withdrawn before then you should know when you're in the worst of it. Wait until then to snort your first dose. If your goal is purely to get out of WDs then another advantage of intranasal admin is that you can do small lines and youll know in 5 minutes if it was enough or not. That way you can be as frugal as possible.

Stay strong.
I've always found that snorting Subs decreases the effects only by about an hour. And considering how long it lasts, that's pretty good. Good luck man.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:33 AM

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. This shit is ridiculous and heroin is a fucking ridiculous drug. When I wake up dry heaving Ill do some. I got lucky today and managed to get 4 bags so I didn't have to use the sub, but my day is coming when I can't pull something out of my ass and get a bag or 4.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,247 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. This shit is ridiculous and heroin is a fucking ridiculous drug. When I wake up dry heaving Ill do some. I got lucky today and managed to get 4 bags so I didn't have to use the sub, but my day is coming when I can't pull something out of my ass and get a bag or 4.
no worries.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 AM
New Arrival

Send a message via MSN to conor

Quote:

hey richardpryor, i'm 16 and i've always been interested in opiates, i'ved tried oxy, but H looks good. i would like to talk to someone who is experienced, and about the dangers of it too. PM me if you're willing to talk to me. have a good one
Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
hey richardpryor, i'm 16 and i've always been interested in opiates, i'ved tried oxy, but H looks good. i would like to talk to someone who is experienced, and about the dangers of it too. PM me if you're willing to talk to me. have a good one
Trust me bro, you dont want to fuck with opiates, esp. heroin, at your age. I know when you're 16 the last thing you want to hear is that you're too young for something, but there is a reason that doctors practically refuse to prescribe anything stronger than vicodin if you're under 21.

Go back and read this thread again. There is nothing romantic about junk and addiction. You literally become a slave to the drug. Do you really want to chance becoming addicted to heroin while you're in high school? And, yeah I know you think you can control it, but so does everyone. Especially when you're young it seems so easy to stay in control, when really the younger you are the emore likely you are it is to lose it.

If you insist on fucking with opiates then at least keep it light. Codeine, hydrocodone, that kinda shit. Or better yet just stick to weed.

PM me if you want to talk about this more.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:15 AM
New Arrival

First off theres no "waiting period" after your last dose of a full agonist... The only thing you have to wait for is withdrawal symptoms to set in... That could be 24 hours or it could be 2 hours. You also have to have a very high tolerance to heroin, oxy, methadone, etc to even be able to get precipitated withdrawal.

Snorting them isn't the best ROA either. Take your pill, break it up and stick it under your tongue for about 45 minutes. Hold your tongue as tightly as you can to the bottom of your mouth, basically creating a seal so your mouth doesn't fill up with saliva. The directions say 5 or 10 minutes is plenty, but if you can hold it for 45 minutes it will floor you. When I do that my eyes get pinned and I get a massive stoney head rush. I've done both, snorting kicks in faster and doesn't last as long, but the effects other than that are the same as subling.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:17 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces N 8s View Post
Trust me bro, you dont want to fuck with opiates, esp. heroin, at your age. I know when you're 16 the last thing you want to hear is that you're too young for something, but there is a reason that doctors practically refuse to prescribe anything stronger than vicodin if you're under 21.

Go back and read this thread again. There is nothing romantic about junk and addiction. You literally become a slave to the drug. Do you really want to chance becoming addicted to heroin while you're in high school? And, yeah I know you think you can control it, but so does everyone. Especially when you're young it seems so easy to stay in control, when really the younger you are the emore likely you are it is to lose it.

If you insist on fucking with opiates then at least keep it light. Codeine, hydrocodone, that kinda shit. Or better yet just stick to weed.

PM me if you want to talk about this more.

Good advice. If you want, read "Scar Tissue", "Junky" or Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diary.

There's nothing glamorous about shooting up heroin with toilet water, or contracting hepatitis.