Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 03-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Serf

Default How to get/make a burner phone?

So I've been reading several comments in Zoklet and they keep mentioning burner/ burn/ burn out phones. How you you get or make a phone that works without having to pay the company? I didn't check in the DIY but I have a feeling I should be posting in here rather than in there.
Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts
Default Re: How to get/make a burner phone?

A lotta convenience stores have prepaid phones you can get and use straight outta the box.

http://www.tracfone.com/e_store.jsp?...B248&product=7

They have these in almost every gas station around my way.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,031 Times in 661 Posts

A burner is just a prepaid phone that can't be traced back to you... False details, a few dollars of credit and possibly a tampered IMEI.

If someone tells you they can get a phone working without paying the company, they're most likely lying.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auschwitz Nazi Disneyland View Post
A burner is just a prepaid phone that can't be traced back to you... False details, a few dollars of credit and possibly a tampered IMEI.

If someone tells you they can get a phone working without paying the company, they're most likely lying.
Oh so that's what it is. Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Baron

Send a message via AIM to theshadowfax

Yeah a burner phone is just a phone that is prepaid and considered relatively safe for one use where it's not easily traceable or tappable. Make no mistake though, if you're in serious enough shit and you use that phone while they're watching for it, you'll get caught. And as far as getting the service without paying for it, it's entirely possible. You just have to know the right scam to pull on some newbie cashier/salesman.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachosomoza View Post
A lotta convenience stores have prepaid phones you can get and use straight outta the box.

http://www.tracfone.com/e_store.jsp?...B248&product=7

They have these in almost every gas station around my way.
They have to be activated either by calling in or via internet. Activate via internet and registering with 100% false info is the easiest, make sure to use TOR.
They get kind of expensive though if you use a lot of minutes

Last edited by Nitrile; 03-19-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts
Post Re: How to get/make a burner phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrile View Post
They have to be activated either by calling in or via internet. Activate via internet and registering with 100% false info is the easiest, make sure to use TOR.
They get kind of expensive though if you use a lot of minutes
That's what I meant, they can essentially be used straight out of the box. If OP uses this, I'd hope he has the sense to register with info which is not his own.

Last edited by Tachosomoza; 03-19-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Talking Re: How to get/make a burner phone?

id roll with a magicjack falsified credents for 4 yrs
Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Grand Duke

Mad Re: How to get/make a burner phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkcollecter View Post
id roll with a magicjack falsified credents for 4 yrs
i hope you're using protection(proxy)
Old 03-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Archduke

You can get $5 throwaway phones at Big Lots. They come with 10 mins of airtime on them.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Peasant

I find Tracfone is a great one and so is NetZERO... spend around ten....

Buy them three at a time two at a time active one waiting....never re-up minutes dispose and start over.

Never Call a number related to your real life ( girlfriend, work etc etc). You need one phone to be your false one to be your partner/accomplice/reference/employers number ( supposedly) Used in concert with a spoofcard and or google voice and you are off teh grid.

Remove your RL phone's abttery during all ops to not provide a travel logue of your visist.

Most Long Cons you find from RTFF will provide you a gross of 3k per week if your will ing to be nomadic... but from that you need to underwrite hotel,meals, net access, burnerphones, printers,checkstock, id blanks, holo sheets and po box drops..... easily 30% of SWIMS gross is ate up by those expenses....

If you savvy and patient once a year or two years an opportunity for a Big Fish Long can will present itself and you can do a five figure score.... but you can never count on that and forcing it and getting greedy gets you caught..... SWIMS last big fish was 27k but that was 20 months ago..... until then you live on burners and keep moving.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Auschwitz Nazi Disneyland (03-20-2011), CountBlah (03-19-2011), Tachosomoza (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERPINK317 View Post
I find Tracfone is a great one and so is NetZERO... spend around ten....

Buy them three at a time two at a time active one waiting....never re-up minutes dispose and start over.

Never Call a number related to your real life ( girlfriend, work etc etc). You need one phone to be your false one to be your partner/accomplice/reference/employers number ( supposedly) Used in concert with a spoofcard and or google voice and you are off teh grid.

Remove your RL phone's abttery during all ops to not provide a travel logue of your visist.

Most Long Cons you find from RTFF will provide you a gross of 3k per week if your will ing to be nomadic... but from that you need to underwrite hotel,meals, net access, burnerphones, printers,checkstock, id blanks, holo sheets and po box drops..... easily 30% of SWIMS gross is ate up by those expenses....

If you savvy and patient once a year or two years an opportunity for a Big Fish Long can will present itself and you can do a five figure score.... but you can never count on that and forcing it and getting greedy gets you caught..... SWIMS last big fish was 27k but that was 20 months ago..... until then you live on burners and keep moving.
I used to work for a phone service provider, so here's some stuff to keep in mind:

1. Yeah, if you're doing shady stuff, never use that phone for anything else. Records are kept indefinitely.
2. Do not put a personal SIM into said phone. When you make a call over the network, your phone sends the IMEI (phone ID code) and ICCID (SIM ID code) which are, again, kept indefinitely. If Mr Policeman pulls your phone records, he'll see that your personal SIM, with all of your personal information was used in the NAUGHTY phone and request the records for that as well.
Jo Nathen (03-27-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM

@A.N.D. - If you have access to software/hardware to change thaat IMEI, then you dont need to stress it! you can do it on the fly!

use your current GSM phone, get the software to change IMEI form gsmhosting.com

Last edited by skygear; 03-20-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
@A.N.D. - If you have access to software/hardware to change thaat IMEI, then you dont need to stress it! you can do it on the fly!

use your current GSM phone, get the software to change IMEI form gsmhosting.com
As I understand it most phones nowadays have the IMEI encoded on an OTP chip, so there's no way for software to overwrite it...

That said, I've never tried to compile a list so I assume there are some that don't. I've never found a software IMEI editor that wasn't malware in a really bad disguise.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Grand Duke

Quote:
That said, I've never tried to compile a list so I assume there are some that don't. I've never found a software IMEI editor that wasn't malware in a really bad disguise.
This. I spent a while looking for CDMA workshop and couldnt find shit.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Peasant

As like others - I used a NET Zero and a Tracphone for a little while. They lasted ..not that long. However TracPhone DID send me a NEW SIM card when my old one was not turned over in over a year ....
Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Knight

Stop overcomplicating it, just get a cheap cell phone from a private party and also a sim card in the same way, and dont link it to your legit ID, it is too easy....
Old 03-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Señor Member

Send a message via ICQ to Craigslist.org Send a message via AIM to Craigslist.org Send a message via MSN to Craigslist.org Send a message via Yahoo to Craigslist.org
Confused Re: How to get/make a burner phone?

You bin watching the wire?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
As I understand it most phones nowadays have the IMEI encoded on an OTP chip, so there's no way for software to overwrite it...

I've been phreaking and cell hacking since 90's to current! and am on a prepaid with 0000000000000000 imei- also walking into stores with live demo's pressing *#06# and snaping a photo of the imei, is a great way to get clean ones. A few seconds on the PC to flash your device, DONE!

If you are worried about malware, procure a blackberry, pay for the 'service solution'($99 furiousgold) to unlock and flash your devices, change/repair IMEI etc.

there are free hacked versions of most solutions all over the net.

I don't know why people are always worried about programs when they SHOULD be running them in a virtual environment first anyway! VMWARE for the win!

nokia, samsung, lg, motorola, all these have free/hacked/ copyright released solutions ALL OVER! HTC devices also have solutions...
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Serf

Of all the prepaids on the racks, are there any that DON'T require initial activation by checkout? If one didn't want to pay for it?
Thanks!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I've been phreaking and cell hacking since 90's to current! and am on a prepaid with 0000000000000000 imei- also walking into stores with live demo's pressing *#06# and snaping a photo of the imei, is a great way to get clean ones. A few seconds on the PC to flash your device, DONE!

If you are worried about malware, procure a blackberry, pay for the 'service solution'($99 furiousgold) to unlock and flash your devices, change/repair IMEI etc.

there are free hacked versions of most solutions all over the net.

I don't know why people are always worried about programs when they SHOULD be running them in a virtual environment first anyway! VMWARE for the win!

nokia, samsung, lg, motorola, all these have free/hacked/ copyright released solutions ALL OVER! HTC devices also have solutions...
I didnt really understand that.. but it sounded interesting. Is the imei like a mac address? So, you change the identity of the phone, then you buy a standard phone card for it? I tried dialing *#06# on my phone and it didn't do anything.
Could you suggest some recommended reading?

Last edited by J-KO; 04-05-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustymcbusted View Post
Of all the prepaids on the racks, are there any that DON'T require initial activation by checkout? If one didn't want to pay for it?
Thanks!
They all do, if they didn't people like us would steal them . Seriously, just get the $5 burner phones at Big Lots.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Serf

What are some good uses for burner phones? I want to buy one, so i won't have to go out when i need it, but i don't know any good uses for it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Count

I don't get it- why wouldn't I just use a payphone if I know I'm in serious enough shit that they could be tapping my stuff?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Mundi View Post
I don't get it- why wouldn't I just use a payphone if I know I'm in serious enough shit that they could be tapping my stuff?
where I live, there are no payphones within a 5 mile radius. It would be too much hassle.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM

*#06# only works on gsm based phones-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_wireless_communications_serv ice_providers look at the Voice Technology list, also, any provider that sells 'WORLD PHONES' is using a device(phone) with dual technology GSM/CDMA
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php <--- has all the devices that most carriers carry, find your brand/device and start reading
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ <--- is for all HTC devices, commonly rebranded for each carrier so they can claim an exclusive device! But really they are all the same with the exception of a few minor graphical differences and features. Use the pictures and descriptions to identify your devices
J-KO (04-07-2011)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Knight

I remember back in the day when the tracfone on a "tank", with the minutes stored in the phone . Ahh... if only this method were still possible.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM
New Arrival

If you're in the US you can get pre paid phones that are already registered so you do not have to go through the hassle of regging it yourself. I recommend tmobile because if you do have to dump numbers often then you can just save your contacts on the phone, and change sim cards without reprogramming phones. Prepaid sim cards cost 10 dollars base price but vendors normally sell then around 30 dollars that are already regged. Remember not to save numbers to the sims as you're dumping them for a reason.
senshido (04-06-2011)