Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 AM
New Arrival

Default How to Shoplift with Minimal Risk (Step by Step)

[Sup, Just doin my first post. Lemme know how it goes.]

This thread is for ideas that minimize the potential that you get caught and have to run... And for those that don't have an S3 Key but want to open Spider Wraps.

Ok, so I was baffled at first how on earth do people get the freakin Spider Wraps off of the high ticket items without being seen.

Here is the solution I came up with, but you have to be in a store that also has a fitting room. (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.)

Tools:

Razor / Box Cutter
Jacket/Something with deep pockets to conceal products
A shopping cart

1. Go to the Clothes dept. and pick out at least 5 random articles of clothing or something you might wear. (Be sure to include at least one long sleeve shirt and 2 pants).

2. With the long sleeve shirt(s), use one of the sleeves to tie off the bottom of the shirt. This will create a pocket you can use later to fill with goodies. Stack your clothes so the tied up shirts are in the middle and well hidden.

3. Walk up to the Fitting Room attendant and ask how many you are allowed to try on. She/He will say something like 6-8.

4. Count out the number you have, and see how observant the attendant is. They'll probably not notice that some of your shirts are in a pretzel if they're well hidden, but if it so happens that they do notice, then you have to wait until a new attendant appears and you repeat steps 3 and 4.

5. If the attendant grants you access without noticing the tied shirts, you're golden. You can sit and pretend to try and clothes or you can actually try on clothes. DO NOT try to smuggle any clothes. That is not the point of this thread, and doing so will compromise your chances of getting what you really want.

6. Get out and give the attendant most of the items (make sure the shirts are UNTIED). This will make you look legit and also give them something to do.

7. Now for the fun part. Go out and find whatever you want that will fit in a shirt without being too bulky and put them in your shopping cart. Anything bigger than a foot thick is pushing it. You can use more than one shirt! Hard Drives are a great place to start. Even with spider-wraps, I'll show you how to disarm those with a simple razor.

8. Do as before, tying the shirts and this time pop your products into the shirts when no one is looking. Get as many pieces of clothing allowed and go back to the fitting room. Once the distracted attendant lets you in, you have about 10-15 minutes to cut open the boxes / unpack your early christmas presents.

9. For the spider wraps, all you have to do is cut out 2 opposite corners with a razor and slide the wires off. No need for a security key or magnets. Easy Peasy.

Rough drawing... The + represents a cut side. You get the idea.
Code:
|            |
 \           |   
+ \__________|
Try to be quiet, but you don't have to be too paranoid about noise. And BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT THE WIRES!!!! If you accidentally cut the wire on the spider wrap, then a 90Db siren will go off and your best bet then is to just throw the bastard as hard and quickly as you can.

10. After opening products, stuff your pants/jacket. If you want to keep the boxes, make damn sure there aren't any more security devices source tagged into the product. I suggest only taking the actual product and leaving everything else, you've been warned. Clean up after yourself and put the trash/security devices back into the tied shirts. Give the attendant one or two items of clothing and keep the rest, and make sure the tied shirts are concealed.

11. Risky part. You have two options of hiding the evidence. You can:
A) Put the tied up shirts back on a rack or some random shelf OR
B) Find a trash can and dump the tied shirts with the security devices in them when no one is looking
I advise B as the employees get rid of the evidence for you, but it's riskier, and since this is a post about minimizing risk, that's why you have 2 options.

12. GTFO. Don't linger around and look suspicious, and don't be brave and go back for more. If you want to ease your conscious, go reward yourself and buy a pack of gum.

CONGRATULATIONS! You've just won a brand new __________ . Do what you want with it. I suggest eBay.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Mud Farmer

Default Re: How to Shoplift with Minimal Risk (Step by Step)

You would have to be very familiar with the counter's counting techniques, as the success of this whole plan is reliant on their carelessness of not noticing the tied bulky shirt - Because if they count one-by-one and an extra shirt/pants falls out its easy to explain, whereas if you have 5 shirts and a hard drive falls out its tougher...
Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Archduke

Shoplifting with minimal risk really would be avoiding stores with LP altogether. Walmart's LP is nothing to scoff about. Also, I don't recommend relying on a jacket for lifting b/c ya know, it's warm out. At least wear I live. It would look odd to be wearing a jacket when most people are wearing shorts & t-shirts. I would focus on boxstuffing or concealing on your person. A lifter trick is to wear a tight Underarmor shirt then wear a bigger shirt over it, preferably with a pattern to break up any bulges. You can fit items in the waistband of your pants & the Underamor shirt will hold it all in.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

we need more young minds like yours, Zoklet is just a bunch of strung out trolls, Welcome
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Peasant

Welcome to the forum. Good idea but it all relies on how unobservant the attendant is.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Archduke

Minimal Risk...

Push, with both hands, a smaller item that sets on a shelve, back in behind the other items. Then slide the item into the sleeve of your jacket. This will blocked the camera's view of the item while you conceal it.

As usual, know the store and don't repeat to often.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Tying shirts is suspicious...I've noticed this one guy that uses "binder clips" (Large ones) to seal off the bottom of pants that you are about to try on; you can fit a lot of merch in the pant legs.

Good first post, I wouldn't ask the dressing room attendant about how many items you can bring in to the dressing room...that is fishy.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Wealthy Merchant

^genius! what about filling pockets (if the items are small)?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:10 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Katz View Post
Tying shirts is suspicious...I've noticed this one guy that uses "binder clips" (Large ones) to seal off the bottom of pants that you are about to try on; you can fit a lot of merch in the pant legs.

Good first post, I wouldn't ask the dressing room attendant about how many items you can bring in to the dressing room...that is fishy.
That's much better than what I had. I'll let MY friend know about it.

UPDATE: Tying shirts is officially suspicious. Friend was caught at a local Sears. Was not fun.