Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 03-17-2009, 12:25 AM
New Arrival

Send a message via AIM to Hallucinogenic Substance
Default Suboxone 8mg (N8 INGRAVED)

I have 5 8mg suboxones and am wondering how much to take to get high without dieing lol. Im doing this to help me detox from an oxycodone and other various opiate addiction. It takes me 40mg of oxycodone to get high, what would be an equivalent dose and what will the high be like and high long will i be high for. And will it be 48 hours before i can take anymore opiates? Also will the sub decrease the withdrawl effects?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 AM
New Arrival

Default Re: Suboxone 8mg (N8 INGRAVED)

I took subutex (which is suboxone w/o the naltrexone) for like 2 years. You have to be careful when you are high with some narcotic and then take suboxone, it will kick off all the opiates on the mu pain receptor sites and make you go immediately into cold turkey. Wait until you are withdrawing pretty well, then when you take it, it should make you well (and you won't be able to use narcotics for like 4 days, they just won't work)
The first few times that you take suboxone you can get a little high (not compared to oxy though) and then it kind of tapers off, and you really don't feel it anymore. Quite different from methadone, if you take enough of that you'll always be high. Also subutex is very difficult to overdose on, it's kind of weird, it doesn't really give a lot more effects after a certain amount, and dying from it is practically unheard of, it doesn't really depress respiration, etc. Do a search on buprenorphine or check out the Wiki site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buprenorphine.
You don't wanna go into instant cold turkey, I'm sure, so check it out.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 AM

I'm not one to get sick from opiates, but Suboxone always made me puke for days straight. There is definitely a high, but there's nothing euphoric about it. It comes off as more of a dirty, delirious feeling.

Some enjoy it though. I'd start with 2mg taken however you wish.

- cotangent
Old 03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,393 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

Suboxone doesn't get you high. In fact, it's specifically designed not to.

/thread
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
New Arrival

Don't worry about the precipitated withdrawals. Your tolerance isn't high enough to get those. Just make sure you take about 2-4mgs of [1/4 to half a pill] sometime after your last dose Oxy when you start to feel shitty...

Suboxone pretty much has a ceiling effect right around 4mgs. Anything more won't really help, it may last longer.

But don't expect much of a buzz from the subox. It might make you feel good, but not euphoric. Its more of an energetic, uplifting buzz rather than a full out nodfest.

Good luck, but don't stay on the sub too long. Its way harder to quit than a fast acting, full agonist opioid than say Oxy or Hydro.

The withdrawals last up to a month from suboxone. Trust me you don't want that!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

Heres the deal with subs:
If you dont need it (non-tolerant), then you can get high off of it. But, most of these people wind up taking too much and getting sick for around 36 hours.
If you do need it (tolerant) and you take it before you're in WD, then you will go into full-blown precipitated withdrawal.

So, if you are tolerant, then you have to wait until you're sick to take them. If you take them before then, you get sick. And, if you're not tolerant, 9/10 you'll take too much and get sick anyway. So no matter what - you're in for a great little illness

You mentioned WDs, are you kicking? Because if not then theres no reason for a junkie to take subs unless you have nothing else and just want to keep well until you can score. They will keep WD away, thats what they're designed to do. They will not get a tolerant user high, thats what they're designed not to do.

That being said, if you plan on kicking you're better off using a shorter acting opioid than buperenorphine (or methadone). Basic rule of thumb: The longer the half life of the opiate you're stabilized on, the longer the WDs will last. Detox/maintenance clinics use methadone and subs because their incredibly long half lives (24 hours for m'done and 36 for bupe) makes for easy once a day dosing.

Since you have a pretty low tolerance (Im surprised you even get WD) you should stabilize on the shortest acting ope you can get your hands on (vicodin would work fine), and take the absolute minimum you need to stay well every day. Over a week or two your dose should slowly drop every few days down to nothing. As long as you have the discipline to just keep well and not get high you'll be straight in 2 weeks tops.

Good luck, bro.

And if I misunderstood and you're dependent but not kicking, then just keep those subs on hand for that rainy day when you have no money/dealer wont answer the phone/you get called out of town at the last minute/etc. and you need to stay well until things straighten out. Its a backup plan every junkie should have.

Last edited by Aces N 8s; 03-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 AM
New Arrival

Send a message via AIM to Hallucinogenic Substance
Thumbs Up Re: Suboxone 8mg (N8 INGRAVED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces N 8s View Post
Heres the deal with subs:
If you dont need it (non-tolerant), then you can get high off of it. But, most of these people wind up taking too much and getting sick for around 36 hours.
If you do need it (tolerant) and you take it before you're in WD, then you will go into full-blown precipitated withdrawal.

So, if you are tolerant, then you have to wait until you're sick to take them. If you take them before then, you get sick. And, if you're not tolerant, 9/10 you'll take too much and get sick anyway. So no matter what - you're in for a great little illness

You mentioned WDs, are you kicking? Because if not then theres no reason for a junkie to take subs unless you have nothing else and just want to keep well until you can score. They will keep WD away, thats what they're designed to do. They will not get a tolerant user high, thats what they're designed not to do.

That being said, if you plan on kicking you're better off using a shorter acting opioid than buperenorphine (or methadone). Basic rule of thumb: The longer the half life of the opiate you're stabilized on, the longer the WDs will last. Detox/maintenance clinics use methadone and subs because their incredibly long half lives (24 hours for m'done and 36 for bupe) makes for easy once a day dosing.

Since you have a pretty low tolerance (Im surprised you even get WD) you should stabilize on the shortest acting ope you can get your hands on (vicodin would work fine), and take the absolute minimum you need to stay well every day. Over a week or two your dose should slowly drop every few days down to nothing. As long as you have the discipline to just keep well and not get high you'll be straight in 2 weeks tops.

Good luck, bro.

And if I misunderstood and you're dependent but not kicking, then just keep those subs on hand for that rainy day when you have no money/dealer wont answer the phone/you get called out of town at the last minute/etc. and you need to stay well until things straighten out. Its a backup plan every junkie should have.
Thanks alot everyone and specifically you, this post was of great use to me. I took the suboxone 48 hours ago and am now high on 35mg of oxycontin. I am doing this to help me get my tolerence down and not become full blown addicted and to cut down alot because my brother just went to rehab a week ago for a bad heroin addiction and hes doing really really well and i dont want to be using alot when hes back, infact im gonna tell him ive quit just so he doesnt get tempted.

The suboxone high is so shitty btw, I felt kinda sick and rly fucked up and not in the good way, i have 3 more of them and will save them like you said for a bad day where I cant pick up. And yeah I get methadone once to twice a week from a very nice black lady who is on the Baltimore city methadone program. Im so in love with methadone, I have dreams about "methadone sunday" as me and my friends call it, best goddamn day of the week!

Also does tolerence directly correlate with how addicted you are or how bad your W/D's may be? cause ive always been able to keep it around 40mg of oxycodone, going over occasionally. Anyway thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic Substance View Post
Thanks alot everyone and specifically you, this post was of great use to me. I took the suboxone 48 hours ago and am now high on 35mg of oxycontin. I am doing this to help me get my tolerence down and not become full blown addicted and to cut down alot because my brother just went to rehab a week ago for a bad heroin addiction and hes doing really really well and i dont want to be using alot when hes back, infact im gonna tell him ive quit just so he doesnt get tempted.

The suboxone high is so shitty btw, I felt kinda sick and rly fucked up and not in the good way, i have 3 more of them and will save them like you said for a bad day where I cant pick up. And yeah I get methadone once to twice a week from a very nice black lady who is on the Baltimore city methadone program. Im so in love with methadone, I have dreams about "methadone sunday" as me and my friends call it, best goddamn day of the week!

Also does tolerence directly correlate with how addicted you are or how bad your W/D's may be? cause ive always been able to keep it around 40mg of oxycodone, going over occasionally. Anyway thanks for the help guys.
Lol.. Methadone sunday.

I used to have a methadone Sunday... Nothing better than having nothing to do and getting high as fuck.

Too bad Methadone has lost its magic. Nowadays the stuff barely gets me high, even large doses.

Be careful though mixing it with the suboxone... Even if its a day or two in between... Methadone stays in your system a really long time and when I would jump back and forth from sub to methadone I would get really sick.

Check out the forums at opiophile.org... theres some good info on the interaction of those two drugs there.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
New Arrival

Send a message via AIM to DopeBoy716

If it only takes you 40mg of oxy to get high I doubt that you are addicted and I doubt that you are going to "detox". Start with 2mg and work your way up from there
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared View Post
Check out the forums at opiophile.org... theres some good info on the interaction of those two drugs there.
I love those forums. You dont know how to get registered do you?