Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Other > The Trashcan

Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Knight

Default Re: How come most women go for a tall guy?

6'0 - 6'2 == The perfect height!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 6,939 Times in 4,354 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: How come most women go for a tall guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
I'm so jelly of you people. If I could do that I would go on an ice cream and taco binge lasting the rest of my life.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Cat Fucker

Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
Tall people are supposed to be stronger and thus do better when protecting their mate and offspring and what not
Yup, evolution. Being tall has physical advantages.

Women are whores. I don't get involved with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name's Taken View Post
Not necessarily. Tall weightlifters are actually at a mechanical disadvantage. Longer limbs creates more distance needed to move the weight.
Yeah, but it's also easier for them to attain higher weights, therefore gain more muscle mass. More muscle and bigger muscle, which has a leverage advantage, allows higher weights to be moved.

Look at top strongmen and powerlifters, they're usually tall. The sad reality is that there's probably not going to be someone of below average height that'll be setting records for absolute strength.

Then again, most of the top people in raw strength nowadays are at least super heavyweights, so you'd have to ask yourself whether attaining such a high weight would be worth it to you. Look at Ed Coan, he's only around 5"6 and was 240 at most and he was monstrously strong.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

Last edited by Malice; 02-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 984 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rolf

Quote:
No it's not a myth. You're an idiot and you have no idea what you're talking about. A person with longer limbs will find it harder togain the mass needed to move it the extra distance. Deadlifting and squats in particular, are harder for them.
It doesn't matter, taller people don't look like chodes when muscular or fat, proclaims Rolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Look at Ed Coan, he's only around 5"6 and was 240 at most and he was monstrously strong.
All that strength is useless when one cannot run for a mile without sweating like a pig and gasping for oxygen, proclaims Rolf.

Last edited by Rolf; 06-26-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Surprisingly I eat a lot. A LOT. And I don't gain weight.
Have you ever recorded everything you eat and worked out how many calories it is? You may be consuming a lot less than you think.

Quote:
No it's not a myth. You're an idiot and you have no idea what you're talking about. A person with longer limbs will find it harder togain the mass needed to move it the extra distance. Deadlifting and squats in particular, are harder for them.

You're not special because you're tall.

Benedikt Magnússon
Paul Anderson
Marc Bartley

Three super heavy weight lifters under 6 foot considered pretty damn good at their respective sports.

Mariusz Pudzianowski isn't overly tall either, only 6ft 1.

inb4 you accuse me of being short
Yeah, but they're still above average. Lord knows they're not short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Nick" View Post
6'0 - 6'2 == The perfect height!
Agreed. Men should be at least 5'10. I feel fucking abnormal next to someone who's 6', it looks so much more natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
It doesn't matter, taller people don't look like chodes when muscular or fat, proclaims Rolf.
That's another point, even if someone who was, say, 5"8 managed to attain the massive weight needed to become a top competitor in raw strength, they'd be ridiculously thick. I mean, Zydrunas is generally considered the greatest strongman of all time and he's 375! At 6"4 he has much more room to fill out.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

Last edited by Malice; 06-26-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Baron

Send a message via MSN to Name's Taken

Quote:
Yeah, but they're still above average. Lord knows they're not short.
I thought 5 ft 11 or 6 ft was average :con:

It doesn't bother me either way, I'm over 6 ft tall.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
All that strength is useless when one cannot run for a mile without sweating like a pig and gasping for oxygen, proclaims Rolf.
Same applies to anyone who focuses mainly on strength. It's hard to have good endurance with all that type 2 muscle mass. You could still sprint fast, though.

In a survival situation, no, all that muscle isn't likely to help, it'll actually hurt, especially if it was an economic collapse type thing with food shortages or stranded somewhere. That's the choice you have to make.

I fucking hate endurance sports anyway, fuck running. Being strong is fun.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:

You're not special because you're tall.

Benedikt Magnússon
Paul Anderson
Marc Bartley

Three super heavy weight lifters under 6 foot considered pretty damn good at their respective sports.

Mariusz Pudzianowski isn't overly tall either, only 6ft 1.

inb4 you accuse me of being short
You do seem like you've got small-man syndrome. But you are simply wrong:

Quote:
Strongmen:
Heinz Ollesch, “Strongest Man of Germany” 6’3”
Mariusz Pudzianowski 6’1”
Hugo Girard 6’2”
Troy Goodfellow 6’2”
Dominic Filliou 6’5”
Jessen Paulin 6’2”
Alex Patterson 6’2”
Ken Brown 6’1”
Svend Karlsen 6’2”
Juha-Matti Räsänen 6’6”

Benchers:
Ryan Kennelly 6’2” (800 lb competition bench)
Shawn Lattimer 6’3” (810 lb bench)
Scot Mendelson 6’1” (713 lb raw bench, 875 bench)
Gene Rychlak 6’1”
(fact: every man who has benched over 800 lbs in competition is over 6')

I think the wrestler HHH is 6’5”...

Let me ask again...do I even need to spend time on this??? Or are you just looking for an excuse? If you want a limitation, pick one and pretend it's insurmountable. If you want to do something, then do it.
If you want to believe that you "won't be able to lift as much" as "normal-height" (what - 5'10"?), go ahead and believe it...obviously none of the men above bought into that...
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...ad.php?t=25440

I've known a lot of tall people and a lot of short people that lift. None of the short ones were as strong. None of the short ones gained strength as fast as me either. Took them longer. I could brag and go into more detail but I won't. I'm simply stating the facts.

Anyway, taller people, or just larger people in general, are more intimidating often times. This may be one reason some women prefer taller men. Whether or not they're good at fighting is another matter.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Surprisingly I eat a lot. A LOT. And I don't gain weight.

Yeah, I start lifting every year or so and then I get too lazy to continue and besides these days I don't have any time cuz I work like 12 hours a day which sucks balls.

Besides I'm gonna be a skinny fuck when I'm old anyway so fuck it.
Fair enough.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
I thought 5 ft 11 or 6 ft was average :con:

It doesn't bother me either way, I'm over 6 ft tall.
According to Wikipedia it's about 5"10 on average in the US. About the same in most developed countries.

Maybe it's higher among people that were raised by well off parents.

Last edited by Malice; 06-26-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Creatures View Post
You do seem like you've got small-man syndrome. But you are simply wrong:
If you read my first post, you'll see where I said they have a mechanical disadvantage, not that they can't be great at it.

Also in your post there are only two of them that are excessively tall.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Archduke

Quote:
I feel fucking abnormal next to someone who's 6', it looks so much more natural.
What is your height?
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Also in your post there are only two of them that are excessively tall.
The title of this topic isn't "How come women go for guys that are excessively tall" you retard. It's tall, not excessively tall. You really do have small-man syndrome don't you? Increasing height is increasingly rare. That means, the greater the height, the more unlikely it is to find a person that height. You must feel pretty stupid now. I'm done arguing with you. You are a waste of time like most angsty trolls.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Baron

Grin Re: How come most women go for a tall guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Creatures View Post
The title of this topic isn't "How come women go for guys that are excessively tall" you retard. It's tall, not excessively tall. You really do have small-man syndrome don't you? Increasing height is increasingly rare. That means, the greater the height, the more unlikely it is to find a person that height. You must feel pretty stupid now. I'm done arguing with you. You are a waste of time like most angsty trolls.
Lol. I'm 6 ft 1 and have an ape index bigger than michael phelps. If I was trying to make myself feel better I'd agree with you. Would you call me tall? I wouldn't. I might be taller than average though.

I feel pretty smart actually, you must feel pretty stupid for getting so worked up about this, though.

Did the kids at school used to make fun of you for being lanky? Got something to prove?

In conclusion :youmad:
Old 06-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
What is your height?
None of your business.

I'll have you know that I may be having another growth spurt. Perhaps it won't last long, or perhaps it won't add much, but we'll see how tall I become when it's guaranteed I won't grow anymore. I'm only 21, men can continue to grow late into their 20s.

I remember seeing an ID of my dad's when he was in his 20s and his height was listed as at least 3 inches shorter than he was when I saw it. It gives me hope of being able to become tall... I've also read that neanderthals physically matured more slowly, who's genes may be more prevalent in me, so maybe that's another reason to hope.

I'd take growth hormone if I had access to it and the know how/equipment to not screw things up.

Last edited by Malice; 06-26-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtWR View Post
They are better looking and more Godlike. They can easily reach things in situations where a short man's efforts would be laughable.
I lol'ed.
Quote:

I'd take growth hormone if I had access to it and the know how/equipment to not screw things up.
If you took growth hormone after your bones had done growing, you wouldn't become taller; instead you would just get a larger nose and joints, because all the "hard bones" are done growing, only the cartileges would respond now.

On topic: I used to like tall guys too but after meeting my DREAM boy, who is not tall by any means (but still taller than me), I am now converted. Nowadays I only care that the guy is taller than me.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Knight

I suspect that the shorter females of my species (Anything under 6'3"; I think that qualifies as "most") were subconciously attracted to how I had to bend my neck to interact with them.

Why? They thought I was bowing. That lil' monkey thing where you avert your gaze when walking by the boss monkey?

Yeah, that.

I like short girls. Or at least I like looking down their shirts.

Perks.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Quote:
Have you ever recorded everything you eat and worked out how many calories it is? You may be consuming a lot less than you think.
Well, not really, but this is my typical weekday:

2 scrambled eggs with either ham, chorizo, etc etc, usually with orange juice or water or milk.
2 meat burritos and a coke like at 10-11 am.
Double serving of whatever meal was made at home, usually stuff like chicken with rice or beans, etc.
Supper is usually something similar to my meal in terms of quantity.

On topic: I'm 6'1.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Cat Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
I lol'ed.

If you took growth hormone after your bones had done growing, you wouldn't become taller; instead you would just get a larger nose and joints, because all the "hard bones" are done growing, only the cartileges would respond now.

On topic: I used to like tall guys too but after meeting my DREAM boy, who is not tall by any means (but still taller than me), I am now converted. Nowadays I only care that the guy is taller than me.
Well I'd obviously check if my growth plates had closed.

Quote:
Well, not really, but this is my typical weekday:

2 scrambled eggs with either ham, chorizo, etc etc, usually with orange juice or water or milk.
2 meat burritos and a coke like at 10-11 am.
Double serving of whatever meal was made at home, usually stuff like chicken with rice or beans, etc.
Supper is usually something similar to my meal in terms of quantity.

On topic: I'm 6'1.
That really doesn't seem like a lot.

Shit, I'm about to eat 5 eggs mixed with 2 pans of bacon along with a good amount of the bacon grease (probably 2-3 tablespoons) and 6 tortillas + huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (damn good). There will also be mangoes and maybe some milk.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Bacon ftw.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Count

A lot of short guys are pretty fucking cute. Most actors, for instance.

Tall guys can be good looking as well of course, but once you get over a certain height a lot of the faces start to look....slightly off. If you watch basketball you'll know what I mean.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,058 Times in 770 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JC Denton Send a message via Skype™ to JC Denton

Yea, it's not just women. Men are more likely to trust other men that are tall. Tall men are naturally attractive and appeal to our primitive instincts. They are more succesful too - the average height of CEO's is 6'3".

I feel sorry for short guys. They will fail at pretty much everything... they can't even ride rollercoasters at amusement parks.

But as long as you're at least 6' tall, you're fine. 5'4" if you're a girl.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMr_duckO View Post
Yea, it's not just women. Men are more likely to trust other men that are tall. Tall men are naturally attractive and appeal to our primitive instincts. They are more succesful too - the average height of CEO's is 6'3".

I feel sorry for short guys. They will fail at pretty much everything... they can't even ride rollercoasters at amusement parks.

But as long as you're at least 6' tall, you're fine. 5'4" if you're a girl.
What's wrong with being under 5'4" if you're a woman?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAN View Post
Yea, this for sure. It's all about relative tallness. Somethings just become more awkward when a gal is taller than her guy. Dancing for example.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 3,173 Times in 2,083 Posts

ladies don't want short they want schwarzengger

Old 06-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Yea, this for sure. It's all about relative tallness. Somethings just become more awkward when a gal is taller than her guy. Dancing for example.
Now I remembered why I dislike dancing. Back when I was like 14 or 15 most people were taller than me, including girls. Felt bad man.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 AM
Cat Fucker

Damn, when did you start getting tall? About how long did it take from the start of your first significant growth spurt until it finished? Did you grow more after that? How much?
When was your most recent growth spurt (no matter how small) and how much did you grow?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Duke

Quote:
Personally, I don't care if you're shorter than that, as long as you're not a midget. Nor do I care about breast size n shit. But the general consensus seems to agree that the average female height of 5'4" is the most attractive. The more common something is, the more attractive it seems to become to the masses.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

5'4" is way too fuckin tall, with heels on she'll be like a short man. I don't want to look at a girl who's taller than five feet
Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

oh yeah and there's no way the average woman is 5'4". the government is bumping these statistics up like they always do with the women and minorities. average woman is probably more like 5'1"
Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to TheExtract

I would agree wth the whole woman are more attracted to tall guys theory, seeing as how I can always have a girl flirting with me or something more than my friends, which almost all of them are at least 5 inches shorter than me. I'm 6'5, 207lbs, and just a bit tan. I have slightly less tan on me than a native born Mexican, but I'm not Mexican, just like a quarter black. I didn't get tall until about the age of 14, I was about 5'2 until that summer, then shot up to about 6'1, now I'm almost 21.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Cat Fucker

ATTN tall/above average people: Did any of you have a growth spurt in your 20s? Doesn't matter how little you grew, but please include it. Also include how old you are now.

Last edited by Malice; 06-26-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:26 AM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 984 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rolf

Rolf has been 6'1" since about seventeen, proclaims Rolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim "fuck latinos" Carrey View Post
oh yeah and there's no way the average woman is 5'4". the government is bumping these statistics up like they always do with the women and minorities.
Mathematical averages always sound slightly higher than what the common perception of average is, due to the fact that both extremes have to be added to the equation and due to the fact that there are more women over 6'0" tall than there are women under 4'0" tall, proclaims Rolf.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

sad thing about growth spurts are the stretch marks that accompany them
Old 06-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim "fuck latinos" Carrey View Post
oh yeah and there's no way the average woman is 5'4". the government is bumping these statistics up like they always do with the women and minorities. average woman is probably more like 5'1"
Of course, average height depends on area, age, and ethniticy. In the US, according to statistics from 2003-2006, the average measured height of female americans is 5'4" to 5'4.5". But if you break it down into ethnicities, the average height for white women is 5'5", black women 5'4.5", for Mexican women 5'2.5". You're not attracted to niggers and beaners right?

The only significant countries with recent measured statistic information showing younger women being 5'1" or under in height are Mexico (5'1" (they get more vitamins in the US)), vietnam (5'0"-5'1") Chile & Malaysia (5'0.5"), India (5'), and the Philippinos coming in at the shortest (4'11").

They can't all have governments bullshitting that kind of information, could they? Seems like a pointless thing to tamper with. So azn's are your best bet. They love white guys too.

I know this one mixed chick that constantly bitches about being too short, and people even make fun of her. She's 5'4" and like 5'6" or 5'7" in high heels. I've been in bed with chicks like her, and I've had no problem doing 69ers.

Last edited by JC Denton; 06-26-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Knight

Quote:
ATTN tall people: Did any of you have a growth spurt in your 20s? Doesn't matter how little you grew, but please include it.
I'm hoping for a bit of one!
I grew to six feet when I was fourteen or so, but have stayed the same since!
Just another inch or two would be fantastic.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Cat Fucker

You selfish bastard.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Knight

Send a message via MSN to TheExtract

Quote:
ATTN tall people: Did any of you have a growth spurt in your 20s? Doesn't matter how little you grew, but please include it.
In my early 20's I grew about a half inch, inch
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
you wont be able to take all of my 9 inch monster cock
Old 06-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMr_duckO View Post
Of course, average height depends on area, age, and ethniticy. In the US, according to statistics from 2003-2006, the average measured height of female americans is 5'4" to 5'4.5". But if you break it down into ethnicities, the average height for white women is 5'5", black women 5'4.5", for Mexican women 5'2.5". You're not attracted to niggers and beaners right?

The only significant countries with recent measured statistic information showing younger women being 5'1" or under in height are Mexico (5'1" (they get more vitamins in the US)), vietnam (5'0"-5'1") Chile & Malaysia (5'0.5"), India (5'), and the Philippinos coming in at the shortest (4'11").

They can't all have governments bullshitting that kind of information, could they? Seems like a pointless thing to tamper with. So azn's are your best bet. They love white guys too.

I know this one mixed chick that constantly bitches about being too short, and people even make fun of her. She's 5'4" and like 5'6" or 5'7" in high heels. I've been in bed with chicks like her, and I've had no problem doing 69ers.
There's NO WAY the average white woman is 5'5". It's more like 5'1". Yes, the government definitely manipulates these statistics. Besides people don't know how to measure or anything anymore, people are always lying through their teeth possibly because retarded ass female nurses don't know how to measure people. I'm always meeting people who claim to be six feet tall who are like 5'9". This is definitely a big problem on Zoklet as well, a pandemic. Almost everyone on here claims to be over 6'1". I don't believe anything that anyone says to me no matter what. EVERYONE is a fucking liar