Well, it's been way too long since our last update, and honestly, I don't think I'd be able to cover everything that's happened over the last few months, but I'll try to hit on a few of the big things going on currently:
1) Thanks limit is increased to 10, and now enabled in GS. Thanks parties are STILL not allowed - if we find one we'll remove the thanks and perhaps disable thanks for any troublemakers.
2) Our policy on Personal information has changed slightly. This is reflected in the FAQ, but the long and short of it is that we don't want it on zoklet, and anyone going out of their way to post it is going to be risking a ban, possibly permanent.
3) a few sub-forums have been merged into their parent forums, and a few other forums have been rolled together. NFHC and SC became BLTC, most notably. We're still looking to do something with a few of the really low-traffic forums, mostly because they often fit (loosely) into otehr existent categories, and don't really get enough posts to warrant splitting the traffic into a separate forum. Keep an eye out for that, but honestly, most people won't notice.
5) There's been a few spates of slow loading and also a short period of downtime for Zoklet. This is usually related to either someone else being hosted by our host being DDoS'ed, or in the case of downtime, simply a moth stuck in Relay # 70, Panel F.
6) There was a recent ban for a member posting CP. Under no circumstances are users allowed to post pictures of naked children, regardless of whether the image is "technically" not CP or whatever legal gymnastics you want to pull. Naked Children = Ban.
7) Registration has been opened. We're gonna probably be banhammering any new accounts that start up with the spam or tripping the AE detector, but any legit users should have no trouble joining and posting normally now.
7) I think that's it for now. We're going to try to resume regular updates in this section, but I think that doing so less "officially" and just making posts about things as they happen might make it a bit less of a daunting task. So yeah, expect stuff.