Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas > Revenge, Vandalism & Lulzy Bad Ideas

Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Mud Farmer

Default If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left with no witnesses and possibly cameras. What are the chances of getting caught?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Baron

Default Re: If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

If there's no witnesses and possibly cameras , then unless the cameras caught it , the driver noticed and reported it the chance is very low.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,601 Posts
Default Re: If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

Chances are about 1 in 1000 if you've already left the scene. Nobody really cares about that kind of shit anymore except the owner of the damaged property. Cops don't care, mall staff don't care, insurance companies love it because they can boost their rate on the victim of the damages.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,151 Posts

You are supposed to leave your insurance information, you're fucked now.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Serf

you're fucked.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Baron

Not going to get caught for shit.

I've dinged multiple cars (lightly) for one reason or another, with people around or with nobody around, in parking lots with security cameras.

People simply don't care, unless maybe it's a manager of a store that has a camera in the parking lot.

Another thing you have to consider is most stores don't record footage from EVERY camera they have running - usually they only record the video if it is being viewed by them at the time or on a special monitor that is always recording.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Duke

That's called a hit and run, if caught you could go to jail and or pay a fine. What happens is the person you hit has to call the police in order to file a police report for proof for his insurance. Whether you like it or not there will be a police investigation. If there is little lead in the case, police will not likely pursue it. But hit and run is still a serious crime, if left unreported you can go to jail if caught.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Knight

Leave a note! People usually panic and leave but thats why we have car insurance. If you don t have any or the other owner doesn't thats their/your problem. It wont fuckig cost u a dime with insurance
Old 10-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 5,377 Times in 3,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobapanbeers View Post
Leave a note! People usually panic and leave but thats why we have car insurance. If you don t have any or the other owner doesn't thats their/your problem. It wont fuckig cost u a dime with insurance
Yeah, not until his rate gets jacked sky high you fucking moron.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles of Crack View Post
This.

Insurance companies fuck you in the ass if you make any claims. The bastards.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Banned

None, I do that all the time when I'm good and drunk.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles of Crack View Post
depends on the damage, you see if you don't claim any damages on your own vehicule your rate won't go up even if the other guy makes a claim. Your insurance company is dealing with you and the other guy's insurance company is dealing with him so no you're the fucking moron for not knowing how the world works.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Baron

Quote:
depends on the damage, you see if you don't claim any damages on your own vehicule your rate won't go up even if the other guy makes a claim. Your insurance company is dealing with you and the other guy's insurance company is dealing with him so no you're the fucking moron for not knowing how the world works.
I've been in accidents where I make no claim whatsoever to repair my car, but since you are AT FAULT for the damage, your rate is fucked.

1 accident made my insurance go from $600/year to over $2,000/year.

So, yeah, your rate is going to go the fuck up if you give them insurance info when you were at fault.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Slightly Grander Duke

cow·ard (kourd)
n.
One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

[Middle English, from Old French couard, from coue, tail, from Latin cauda.]
coward adj.

Word History: A coward is one who "turns tail." The word comes from Old French couart, coart, "coward," and is related to Italian codardo, "coward." Couart is formed from coe, a northern French dialectal variant of cue, "tail" (from Latin cda), to which the derogatory suffix -ard was added. This suffix appears in bastard, laggard, and sluggard, to name a few. A coward may also be one with his tail between his legs. In heraldry a lion couard, "cowardly lion," was depicted with his tail between his legs. So a coward may be one with his tail hidden between his legs or one who turns tail and runs like a rabbit, with his tail showing.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:56 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,977 Times in 2,062 Posts

lol my truck looks like the fucking surface of the moon.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDownUnder View Post
I've been in accidents where I make no claim whatsoever to repair my car, but since you are AT FAULT for the damage, your rate is fucked.

1 accident made my insurance go from $600/year to over $2,000/year.

So, yeah, your rate is going to go the fuck up if you give them insurance info when you were at fault.
it's not that I don't belive you but...I don't believe you. I've been in 6 accidents. In one of them, it was a headon collision. The other car was totaled, I have about 200 $ worth of damage (they don't make cars like they used to, I had a civic the other car was a ford focus). My rate didn't go up, my insurance determined that I was partly to blame (50-50), the other guys insurance determined that I was to blame 100%, my rate didn't go up a dime.

Anyway, maybe we have a difference insurance system here.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Duke

Grin Re: If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

Quote:
(they don't make cars like they used to, I had a civic the other car was a ford focus)
definitely lol'd
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Benjamin Linus (10-25-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Duke

If caught, you will be left with a misdemeanor record and insurance fines and fees. The court takes this very seriously as there are a large amounts of "hit and runs" every year with bodily injuries and deaths. If caught, you will be getting a visit from a police officer. However, if you report it on your end, the worst that will happen is an insurance hike and some fees.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanur View Post
definitely lol'd
civic 1993 vs ford focus 2002
...the civic won I guess
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Baron

Quote:
Anyway, maybe we have a difference insurance system here.
Dunno, I was in California at the time.

I had totalled the car I hit, as well as totalling my car. I didn't claim anything on my car because it wasn't worth more than a few grand anyway. The car I had hit was a late 2000's Toyota Corolla I think.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDownUnder View Post
Dunno, I was in California at the time.

I had totalled the car I hit, as well as totalling my car. I didn't claim anything on my car because it wasn't worth more than a few grand anyway. The car I had hit was a late 2000's Toyota Corolla I think.
I guess both our experiences can't be considered examples on how an insurance company will react to a case OP described.

It sure is fun though, walking out of a crash that could of killed you...it's less fun a couples of hours later when you realized you could have died and that you don't have a car anymore that you could of kill someone or yourself and all the grief you could have caused, but the first few minutes are cool
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Duke

Grin Re: If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

Quote:
civic 1993 vs ford focus 2002
...the civic won I guess
o

yeah that kind of makes sense, though i don't know tons about cars
Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Knight

Quote:
MAKE the other guy look at fault. Speak with full confidence in front of him. Psych him out. By the end of your work, he should believe that he really should not have parked around that blind corner from your driveway.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,601 Posts

Over here in Canada the insurance companies fuck over both parties every single time. So if you get hit from behind while waiting at a red light, both insurance companies fuck over both parties... both insurance companies walk away slapping both parties with higher premiums... doesn't matter who's fault it was to them.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:21 AM
Administrator

one time i came back and someone scratched their paint onto my car and there was a note on my windshield saying "I chased them down and got their info after they hit your car"

and it had the make/model and license plate number.

lol.

random dudes got my back.

If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Larva (10-29-2011), Psych (11-05-2011), The Pat-Man (10-27-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Grander Duke

Send a message via MSN to pill popper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
Over here in Canada the insurance companies fuck over both parties every single time. So if you get hit from behind while waiting at a red light, both insurance companies fuck over both parties... both insurance companies walk away slapping both parties with higher premiums... doesn't matter who's fault it was to them.
It's for this very reason and this will be the only time I ever say this

Thank god for ICBC

Fuck private insurance and with ICBC the person who rear ends the other is auto 100 % at fault no questions asked
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,403 Times in 833 Posts

You've clearly done this, you're absolutely fucked. I would guess you're going to get about 3-4 years in jail.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

My buddy crashed his car when he was wasted the other night and the called the cops and said someone stole it lol. You might see him in there.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

Thumbs Up Re: If you accidentally hit an unattended parked car in a parking lot and left

Insurance rates too high? Get another company.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Note reads as follows:

Dear jackass,
I tapped your car just like I tapped your mom last night. I am leaving you this letter so witnesses would assume I am leaving my insurance info.
Sincerely,
Some one you will never meet
Old 11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.stealyourgirl View Post
Note reads as follows:

Dear jackass,
I tapped your car just like I tapped your mom last night. I am leaving you this letter so witnesses would assume I am leaving my insurance info.
Sincerely,
Some one you will never meet
Nice copycat.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Mud Farmer

You're a dick.

That is all.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Hours View Post
You're a dick.

That is all.
:youmad:
Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Comrade Question

Thanked 1,057 Times in 723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
You don't know what your talking about. I live in Canada. I've had a guy back over my car while I was stopped behind him at a red light. Moron was trying to back up and move to the turning lane, and apparently didn't see me sitting right behind him, nor did he hear my horn. Anywho, he ran right over the hood of my car and it cost $2000 to fix.

All of which was covered by my insurance, and my rates did not go up because it was a no fault claim. You probably don't even have a car.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Mud Farmer

its been nearly 4 weeks and nothing, replaced the bumper cover and sold off the damaged one

but tonight my mom backed up into a car, guess i got karma'd
Old 11-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgblood View Post
its been nearly 4 weeks and nothing, replaced the bumper cover and sold off the damaged one

but tonight my mom backed up into a car, guess i got karma'd
Your mom hit and run too? Jeez you both need to take driving classes before you hurt someone.