Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Mud Farmer

Default Stealing from Walmart

I bought an item valued at $75, along with other items, with a total of $160. I left the tailgate on my truck down one day and dropped the $75 item. Money is tight right now, and i had planned to return this item after i used it for a month or so. I have a quarter tank of gas, and dont get a paycheck for 5 days. I absolutely have to get some money in order to get to work. I still have my receipt from that day, and am thinking about stealing the items from that receipt from Walmart.
I have a plan, stop just outside of the store parking lot, and remove my plates for cameras, go into the store through the garden center, gather the items, place the small ones in a bag which will be in my jacket, and exit through the garden center, showing my receipt matching all the items when stopped by the alarm. Exit the store, quickly load the vehicle, and leave, as soon as i am outside of camera range, reinstall the license plates.
The way i see this, it is virtually impossible to be caught. The store here prints a double-sided receipt, and the only date is on the back.
I have a question on whether or not they would try and track you down based on your license plates, so i know whether or not to go to the trouble of removing them.
Also, i am having a hard time coping with the fact that i plan to steal $160 worth of merchandise. I am naturally not this type of person. I have stolen about $500 of items from a junkyard, but that is different. I don't think i am capable of stealing this much from a retail store. What are the consequences of getting caught, and could anyone provide any ideas on how to avoid it.
I feel like it would help my anxiety if i was a little tipsy, but not go well for not getting caught....
To the mods: This is a completely hypothetical situation, i have no intention of stealing any merchandise from any store.
Everyone else: "treat" this as a real situation.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Mud Farmer

Default Re: Stealing from Walmart

I've never personally stolen anything from Walmart but I can try to help out. First of all don't be so sure that they won't check the back of the receipt for the date. You aren't the first person to think of this idea and Walmart knows tha, so their door person will probably check the date ands time unless if they are lazy/don't care. You would be better of just ignoring the person the door when leaving, unless if they are LP or manager they can't stop you. Plus if LP is onto you already you stopping to show the door person your receipt will just give them more time to catch up with you.

Another thing you could try would be to bag your items and take them directly to the customer service desk to return them. This is more risky but if you're not comfortable taking the items out of the store it is another option. Just keep in mind that if LP sees you do this then you will definetly be caught.

As for the penalties in my state taking anything between 75 and 750 dollars is a class A misdemeanor(LP goes by the items regular price, not the sale price). So if caught you probably wouldn't be arrested, but would receive a citation. However all states are different so you'll want to Google shoplifting laws in your state. I don't know if it would make the charges worse if you were intoxicated but I would assume so. Its not the best idea to drink beforehand but my friend has done it the first couple times he lifted also. Just be careful not tohave too much because it can make you careless which is how you get caught. I don't know if Walmart checks plates but you could always just park around the corner to save you from having to remove them.

I hope I was able to help, just keep in mind that all stores/situations are different and what works for some might not work for others. Just stay alert at all times and if it doesn't feel right, drop everything and go.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Mud Farmer

Thank you for your input. It does help a lot, if anyone else has any information, i would like to have as much as possible. Not to discredit Followmeclosely, but i just like to have as many people's input as possible, like wikipedia.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Serf

Send a message via AIM to GOON

quit being a pussy
Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Mud Farmer

I know you, and more people will end up calling me a pussy again, but this is how it went down:
I planned to put my plan into action Monday. I am not a religious person at all, didnt believe in God, didn't believe in fate, and don't believe in curses. On sunday night i prayed, because thats what i do for big things, and i was drunk off my ass. I asked for God to forgive me for what i was going to do, and if i shouldnt do it, to give me some kind of sign. The next day, on my way to work, i ran out of gas. I coasted to a parking lot. less than 50 yards away were two people, i asked them where the nearest gas station was, one of them offered me some from his gas can. I took about half a gallon, i didnt want to be an ass and take it all. It got me to a gas station where i put in 29 cents that i had, and a dollar i asked a random stranger for. This obviously didnt get me very far at all, i was still 15 miles from work. I called a coworker and he came to bring me some gas. I turned on the radio while i waited, and the song "You Find Out Who Your Friends Are" by Tracy Lawrence was on.... listen to it, or read the lyrics to know what i mean.
In addition: As to the concept of karma... its a complicated situation, basically, my somewhat-girlfriend is having difficulty breaking up with her boyfriend, so we have been involved behind his back. One day i see that he went home with her (we all work at the same place), and his car was left there. So i let the air out of one of his tires... I know it is kind of stupid and pointless, but it made me feel better... A couple days later, i ran over a screw, and though i repaired the hole, it leaks a little, and i have to reinflate it every couple days. That is clearly karma... If something unrelated happened, i wouldnt believe it, but to be my tire, that is quite clear. Too bad it wasnt the same one... that would prove my point better.
This series of events, in my opinion, is ONE HELL OF A SIGN!!!! I ended up not stealing the $75 dollar item, but i did return a $25 one to get me by for the next few days until i get my paycheck.
Go ahead and call me a pussy, but i am proud to say that i dont have it in me to steal a large amount of money. Good luck to you all, it is your choice to do what you want, and i dont give a damn, but im not going to do it.
Thanks for your advice from the first replier though. If i could find the actual 'thank' button, i would do that, but i cant find it.

Last edited by mulder25; 11-02-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Baron

Quote:
Go ahead and call me a pussy, but i am proud to say that i dont have it in me to steal a large amount of money

you're still a thief. You should not be proud unless you take pride in stealing.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Baron

Please Please Please

Park your car in a different store's parking lot. Removing the plates is now optional. It's always best to exit a store on foot unless you have someone waiting inside the car, even then it's a bit risky.

For your sake.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Baron

and sometimes they track the plates, it really depends if they notice/who's working. It's best to always go through every easy precaution when taking any risk at all.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Baron

I steal from walmart all the time- Nobody gives 2 fucks.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder25 View Post
I bought an item valued at $75, along with other items, with a total of $160. I left the tailgate on my truck down one day and dropped the $75 item. Money is tight right now, and i had planned to return this item after i used it for a month or so. I have a quarter tank of gas, and dont get a paycheck for 5 days. I absolutely have to get some money in order to get to work. I still have my receipt from that day, and am thinking about stealing the items from that receipt from Walmart.
I have a plan, stop just outside of the store parking lot, and remove my plates for cameras, go into the store through the garden center, gather the items, place the small ones in a bag which will be in my jacket, and exit through the garden center, showing my receipt matching all the items when stopped by the alarm. Exit the store, quickly load the vehicle, and leave, as soon as i am outside of camera range, reinstall the license plates.
The way i see this, it is virtually impossible to be caught. The store here prints a double-sided receipt, and the only date is on the back.
I have a question on whether or not they would try and track you down based on your license plates, so i know whether or not to go to the trouble of removing them.
Also, i am having a hard time coping with the fact that i plan to steal $160 worth of merchandise. I am naturally not this type of person. I have stolen about $500 of items from a junkyard, but that is different. I don't think i am capable of stealing this much from a retail store. What are the consequences of getting caught, and could anyone provide any ideas on how to avoid it.
I feel like it would help my anxiety if i was a little tipsy, but not go well for not getting caught....
To the mods: This is a completely hypothetical situation, i have no intention of stealing any merchandise from any store.
Everyone else: "treat" this as a real situation.
Walmart does not keep watch of the cars out in the parking lot.
I know this for a fact.
I lived in PA for about a year, and had out-of-state plates, that looked nothing, like the in-state plates, so they couldve found me VERY EASILY, considering I lived just down the road, from the Walmart I bringing my friend to, who had fucking BALLS OF STEEL, I was the driver. and would sit about 100 or so feet away from the door, and had ATLEAST 6 cameras on me all the time, and my friend would steal $350 to $500 worth at a time, and then return it a week or so later.
We did this for this months, so I know they dont watch shit out in the parking lot.

My friend never acted suspicious either. He would literally just put shit in a cart and walk out the fucking door, lol...alil too ballsy for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Mud Farmer

I just went to walmart to get some new tools, including the compressor and some of the items i had returned... They forgot to ring up a $25 item. That leaves only $50 to make up what i lost. I am considering stealing that much worth. I feel like the line crosses around $100. and $50 is not that bad. I am still having issues dealing with it, stealing from a real business is really hard for me to do. But after seeing how quickly the greater glanced and sent me on my way, it is so tempting...