Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Peasant

Default levmetamfetamine vs. propylhexedrine

I grabbed one of those nasal inhalers I have previously used to get a (fairly shitty) high, only to notice the active ingredient was propylhexedrine, not levmetamfetamine, which I had previously used. After a little research, I found they were both stimulants, but beyond that couldn't find much. How do the effects compare? Dosages? Also, I'm planning to plug it, bad idea?

Last edited by Crowbar; 11-23-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Marquis

Default Re: levmetamfetamine vs. propylhexedrine

I wouldn't. I've only ever heard of eating these things. The former one, anyway - I've not heard of using l-meth for recreational purposes; I was under the impression that it was almost entirely devoid of CNS activity. Propylhexedrine is more commonly (ab)used, I think, but I've heard it is not a very fun high. Or maybe the high is fun, but the method of ingestion is not due to the horrible taste (see below); almost makes me think plugging would be a good idea, but since I don't know of any data on plugging this chemical, I wouldn't recommend it - might be way more bioavailable, or irritating. They can have menthol in them, anyway; and of course, most definitely don't try to shove the entire cotton up yer ass.

On the other hand, this thread I just Googled is pretty positive about it. Be careful.

Last edited by AdMech; 11-23-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,270 Posts

NOT fun. Not at all. Not only that but propylhexedrine can be very dangerous, especially if injected.

Ugh...lavender burps...for days...death to allah...
Old 11-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Peasant

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, l-meth has almost no CNS stimulation, almost all body load. When you say they have menthol in them, you say it like a bad thing. I admit I'm not well-versed in menthol's effects, but wouldn't its localized aneasthesia help with irritation from plugging it?
I read you could extract a fair amount of it by soaking the cotton in vinegar, and I planned to (dilute it and) plug that solution. Someone on some forum said they plugged it, but gave little detail. I feel like I should do it for science's sake.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowbar View Post
Thanks for the feedback, and yes, l-meth has almost no CNS stimulation, almost all body load. When you say they have menthol in them, you say it like a bad thing. I admit I'm not well-versed in menthol's effects, but wouldn't its localized aneasthesia help with irritation from plugging it?
I read you could extract a fair amount of it by soaking the cotton in vinegar, and I planned to (dilute it and) plug that solution. Someone on some forum said they plugged it, but gave little detail. I feel like I should do it for science's sake.

Science does not need this contribution. For the sake of your butthole, do not do this thing.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Konglomo (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Peasant

I'll try and see if I can get a friend to do it, so as not to put my butthole at risk.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Duke

Quote:
You're going to pickle your asshole.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
I'll try and see if I can get a friend to do it, so as not to put my butthole at risk.
You will either have to be a master of persuasion or have really dumb friends.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,911 Posts

levorotary-(meth)amphetamines are the devil. Only do them if you want all the shitty effects of meth without any of the good ones. Only do them if you enjoy vasoconstriction, a racing heart, and insomnia.

If you're choosing either of these two bad ideas, propylhexedrine will give you somewhat of a buzz -- at least it causes the release of 5HT, DA, and NE.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,911 Posts

Also, the amateur pharmacologist in me finds it interesting that you can take meth, saturate the benzene ring, and get a very different drug. I think the most likely explanation is that benzene is planar and better fits into the receptor's active site.

Here's a pix I made that helps explain:

In it's most stable conformation, propylhexedrine takes this odd shape that us chemists call the "chair conformation." It does this simply due to thermodynamics: that configuration is the lowest in energy and therefore the molecule spends most of its time in the configuration shown. Benzene, however, is flat, allowing the amphetamine molecule to maneuver into a complex of proteins known as a receptor to reach and displace the proper amino acids that correspond to the active site on the receptor.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Fappish (01-08-2014), iMagiNation (11-23-2011), panthrax (11-23-2011)