Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 11-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Archduke

Default Seeking info on Office Depot regarding receiptless returns

When doing receiptless returns, can the employee pull up the return history for the id being used? How many returns does it take to flag the id? Is there a max amount you can return in a certain time period? If someone did 2 returns on the same day with the same id, would that flag the id? Does repeatedly returning the same type of items flag the id? Do they ever ban ids?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Serf

Default Re: Seeking info on Office Depot regarding receiptless returns

my friend use to work for home depot , i'll see if i can get in touch with him and ask him these questions next time i see him .

*EDIT* sorry for some reason i thought you said home depot .
Old 11-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Easy View Post
my friend use to work for home depot , i'll see if i can get in touch with him and ask him these questions next time i see him .

*EDIT* sorry for some reason i thought you said home depot .
yeah, different... But with Home Depot, they can see the complete return history with your ID, they don't deny your return on the first 3 after that they just get a managers approval. but if the return is over 100 they need a mgr approval anyway. Now Lowes is 3 per 6 months. then they don't take it anymore

as for Office Depot, Shady , I'm not sure - YET.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Archduke

Both Office Depot stores in my claim they don't do receiptless returns.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTlauien View Post
Both Office Depot stores in my claim they don't do receiptless returns.
You should print out the return policy from their website that states they accept receiptless returns.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Peasant

@ shady,
Just wait until after christmas. They usually do it if you say it was a gift. That is one of the things my buddy does. He steals a ton of shit from his work and then takes it to frys, office depot, and staples after christmas. When they question him as to why his friends and relations give him office supplies for christmas he tells them that he use to have a small home business but he decided to close down forgood after the holidays. He is actually sitting on 4 toner cartridges he stole durring the year. He does this every year. Some times he tells them that he had the printer but it was stolen or destroyed durring a burglary.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM
PROOTS

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady View Post
When doing receiptless returns, can the employee pull up the return history for the id being used? How many returns does it take to flag the id? Is there a max amount you can return in a certain time period? If someone did 2 returns on the same day with the same id, would that flag the id? Does repeatedly returning the same type of items flag the id? Do they ever ban ids?
They do have it archived and saved onto your I.D. - to prevent people from stealing returning items over and over.

However
, the most they can do is refuse you. They can't look and say "Oh, you've returned too many items. I'm calling the police and having you arrested for shoplifting."

So, don't worry. Return it. There's nothing they can do but say "No".

Last edited by Proots; 12-01-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.stealyourgirl View Post
@ shady,
Just wait until after christmas. They usually do it if you say it was a gift. That is one of the things my buddy does. He steals a ton of shit from his work and then takes it to frys, office depot, and staples after christmas. When they question him as to why his friends and relations give him office supplies for christmas he tells them that he use to have a small home business but he decided to close down forgood after the holidays. He is actually sitting on 4 toner cartridges he stole durring the year. He does this every year. Some times he tells them that he had the printer but it was stolen or destroyed durring a burglary.
Yeah, my friend plans on doing returns the week after Xmas but she has so many items to return & not enough ids for each trip. She may have to use one or two of the ids twice in the same day. She literally has a few garbage bags full of items to return.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
Yeah, my friend plans on doing returns the week after Xmas but she has so many items to return & not enough ids for each trip. She may have to use one or two of the ids twice in the same day. She literally has a few garbage bags full of items to return.
DISCLAIMER : THIS POLICY ONLY INVOLVES THE "OFFICE DEPOT" CHAIN OF STORES. IT IS/MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE ELSEWHERE!

One return in a 36 hour span, is the policy to flag for Office Depot. After that, it remains up to the employees discretion. Even still, the definition of "flag" does not apply to your friend. The information is sent to a database and the items are put "on watch".

They then pull up the items in the AP office - and attempt to see if you were shoplifting them. Even if they have your friend shoplifting the items on tape that still is not enough. The only thing this helps, is to allow the AP's to watch your friend in the future. They cannot do anything about it after the fact, least of all during a return.

The most they will do is not allow you to return them. The typical, inoffensive way of refusing you is informing you the items have been "Discontinued" or "Recalled for manufacturer errors". This forces your friend to call the manufacturer, something which most people won't do. In most cases, it ends right there - without anyone being called out and without anyone losing more.

If your friend DOES call the manufacturer and learn there is nothing wrong with the product, she can come back and return it end of story.

Outside of that little loop hole, there's not much they can do, other than refuse to allow you to return the merchandise. If your friend was shoplifting, she should be careful since it's possible they're already "onto" her, so to speak.

The fact she has more than one I.D. is plenty. The whole ordeal should go off without a hitch.

Last edited by Proots; 12-02-2011 at 03:19 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ShadyLady (12-31-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
DISCLAIMER : THIS POLICY ONLY INVOLVES THE "OFFICE DEPOT" CHAIN OF STORES. IT IS/MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE ELSEWHERE!

One return in a 36 hour span, is the policy to flag for Office Depot. After that, it remains up to the employees discretion. Even still, the definition of "flag" does not apply to your friend. The information is sent to a database and the items are put "on watch".

They then pull up the items in the AP office - and attempt to see if you were shoplifting them. Even if they have your friend shoplifting the items on tape that still is not enough. The only thing this helps, is to allow the AP's to watch your friend in the future. They cannot do anything about it after the fact, least of all during a return.

The most they will do is not allow you to return them. The typical, inoffensive way of refusing you is informing you the items have been "Discontinued" or "Recalled for manufacturer errors". This forces your friend to call the manufacturer, something which most people won't do. In most cases, it ends right there - without anyone being called out and without anyone losing more.

If your friend DOES call the manufacturer and learn there is nothing wrong with the product, she can come back and return it end of story.

Outside of that little loop hole, there's not much they can do, other than refuse to allow you to return the merchandise. If your friend was shoplifting, she should be careful since it's possible they're already "onto" her, so to speak.

The fact she has more than one I.D. is plenty. The whole ordeal should go off without a hitch.
Thanks for the info. My friend did previously shoplift the items, obviously. She isn't worried about being caught for that. The OD's in her area do not have cameras, she did not arouse suspicion of the employees. She is considering buying more fake ids for doing returns.

I'm assuming you mean the main AP office. My friend is absolutely positive the OD's in her area do not have AP or LP... if they did she would have been caught by now.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Thanks for the info. My friend did previously shoplift the items, obviously. She isn't worried about being caught for that. The OD's in her area do not have cameras, she did not arouse suspicion of the employees. She is considering buying more fake ids for doing returns.

I'm assuming you mean the main AP office. My friend is absolutely positive the OD's in her area do not have AP or LP... if they did she would have been caught by now.
Perfect! Then, she's all set!

Like I said, even if they did have her on camera - all they're able to do with that info is just watch her in the future, in efforts to bust her, then. You're friend should be fine, especially with multiple I.D.'s
Old 12-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Archduke

Quote:
You should print out the return policy from their website that states they accept receiptless returns.
I will do this, and if they refuse, I'll call corporate. No more clowning around.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Archduke

Quote:
When doing receiptless returns, can the employee pull up the return history for the id being used?
When my friend was in Office Depot earlier doing a receiptless return she had full view of the computer screen & her past return history was not pulled up.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:07 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post

One return in a 36 hour span, is the policy to flag for Office Depot.
My friend did returns with the same ids she previously used 3 days ago & the id wasn't flagged & the return went smoothly. Thanks for the info you shared, my friend appreciates it.