Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > General > Generally Speaking

Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Default totse2?

i was never around for the days of totse. nor do i fully understand why its not here. all i know is it was the temple. and zoklet is merely a substitute sicne the temple is gone. although i found totse2 today. i havent been active on zoklet for almost a year, so if totse2 was announcedor something, i missed it.
so whats the deal with this totse2? is it legit? or just a crappy remake? and what is the actually story behind totse? what happened to the temple, id like to know the real story.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Destroyer of worlds

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,129 Posts
Default Re: totse2?

Totse2, totse.info, notse, etc were all bad clones of totse (except notse which helped during totse downtimes) made by butthurt users.

Totse closed because Jeff didn't think totse had a place on the net anymore.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:00 PM
The Duke

zoklet is as close to totse as you're gonna get.
mizled (12-14-2011)
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,399 Times in 990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperxtreme View Post
Totse2, totse.info, notse, etc were all bad clones of totse (except notse which helped during totse downtimes) made by butthurt users.

Totse closed because Jeff didn't think totse had a place on the net anymore.
Why would anyone be so silly as to assume that?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Peasant

Send a message via AIM to snowmankiller

As a frequent poster on totse2 (under another name), I can say that it's legit. There is a much smaller userbase, and it makes it feel like a tighter knit community. That's the main reason I post there more than here. Zoklet was the first remate of the original. Totse2.net, which moved to the .com domain, was the second. .info was for the folks that didn't like zoklet or totse2. .info claims to be "the official successor" which is plainly and clearly wrong. zoklet was, as Jeff himself suggested we all move here. I'd recommend checking out totse2, but don't turn your back on zoklet. Both communities are excellent.

EDIT: .info is a shithole. I don't recommend it, on the basis that the administration and moderators are fascists, and not in a good way. That site is not worth your time.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 PM
welcome to the machine

It's zoks chill pad
Old 12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmankiller View Post
As a frequent poster on totse2 (under another name), I can say that it's legit. There is a much smaller userbase, and it makes it feel like a tighter knit community. That's the main reason I post there more than here. Zoklet was the first remate of the original. Totse2.net, which moved to the .com domain, was the second. .info was for the folks that didn't like zoklet or totse2. .info claims to be "the official successor" which is plainly and clearly wrong. zoklet was, as Jeff himself suggested we all move here. I'd recommend checking out totse2, but don't turn your back on zoklet. Both communities are excellent.

EDIT: .info is a shithole. I don't recommend it, on the basis that the administration and moderators are fascists, and not in a good way. That site is not worth your time.
i did a search a little bit ago, and from the stuff i heard about .info, it sounded like a big clusterfuck of ignorant dick wagons.
so far totse2 seems fairly legit. ill have to make an account and see what i think
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Badministrator

Thanked 2,418 Times in 1,537 Posts

TTFN

--
Self loathing is the fate of all great iconoclasts.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,384 Times in 977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmankiller View Post

To be more specific:
zoklet was up a two years before totse closed down, but it was zok's own little sanctuary with a few friends. At the same time, totse suffered from a lot of technical issues and down times (I remember a period where it was down for several months), and so notse was created by bobsled simply to act as a second home in case the first one was unavailable. It eventually was forgotten about and the site was shut down by 2009. When totse closed in 2009 by Jeff Hunter (the owner of totse), we all moved to zoklet, since zok was an admin for totse. Mikehunt made totse2 to provide the totseans some place to go to, but was ultimately unneeded and so never took off.

totse.info was created in about march/april 2010, but didnt take off until about june/july, symbolically led by the dramatic removal of Dfg from the mod team, and mainly consisted of people unhappy with the brutal moderation by Armsmerchant, spectral and a few other mods. I havent been back on .info since February, so i cant say what its like now.

Another alternative that isnt well known by the newer people is The Damage Done. It belongs to Metaphysicist (known on zoklet as Dr Robb) who was a pretty well known mod from totse.

Last edited by Mantikore; 12-14-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Wealthy Merchant

I would say totse2 is legit, but I admit that I may be biased. Any specific questions as to what would qualify us further to being "legit," feel free to ask.

Merry Christmas!

http://totse2.com
Old 12-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmm Verett View Post
i did a search a little bit ago, and from the stuff i heard about .info, it sounded like a big clusterfuck of ignorant dick wagons.
so far totse2 seems fairly legit. ill have to make an account and see what i think
Totse2 could be a huge cluster fuck, but we'll never know because Anna Nicole Smith is more alive.