Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Entertainment > Fragyard

Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Duke

Frown Unreal Tournament mouse lag

So, playing the original UT here (the 2-disc GOTY version, with all patches.) Awesome game but I got a problem... mouse lag.

It happens on every computer I play the game on, Windows XP, Vista, and 7, and with any keyboard/mouse setup (all wired.) I've turned off mouse smoothing and tried turning on and off Direct Input but nothing is doing it for me. It gives it a really detached feeling, like both lag and weird mouse acceleration.

It sucks, makes it pretty much unplayable...

The Mac version runs fine though, can't tell what setting are different, if any.

Halp?

EDIT: Google tells me to try turning off VSync and then locking the framerate the the refresh rate of my monitor. I'll give that a go and see if it helps. But still, anybody else had this problem and fixed it? Or even just had it without being able to fix it so I know it's not just me going nuts.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Duke

Default Re: Unreal Tournament mouse lag

OK so turning off VSync or running in OpenGL mode fixes the problem, but then the game speed is all messed up (too fast, then too slow, changing all the time) and I can't seem to find a way to lock the refresh rate from the game. Boo.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Marquis

Throw all those computers out they sound like they suck and get a new one i can put on together for you i know a great sight called newEgg that has the cheapest prices. you can also pay me and i can build it for you then mail it to where you live i have done this for alot of zoklet users and they agree i am one of if not the best PC (personal computer) builders they know. your mouse lag will be a thing of the past!!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Lister View Post
Throw all those computers out they sound like they suck and get a new one i can put on together for you i know a great sight called newEgg that has the cheapest prices. you can also pay me and i can build it for you then mail it to where you live i have done this for alot of zoklet users and they agree i am one of if not the best PC (personal computer) builders they know. your mouse lag will be a thing of the past!!
i love my computer

But it's just the original UT that has this problem, I think I fixed it ages ago on another computer but I can't remember how