Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Serf

Default How to create fake receipts from scratch

Have you ever been told that you need a receipt for something? Well, In most cases, it's not TOO complicated, but when it is, you can take this basic concept and tweak/elaborate some parts to create a perfect fake receipt.

A close friend of mine (nick) created this video yesterday on how to make a fake receipt. 1080p, and fullscreen is higly recommended, you might need to let it buffer a while though.

Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMTf...ature=youtu.be

Part two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQeRD...ature=youtu.be

Part three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9eO...ature=youtu.be

Realistically, it would be very hard to pass off a receipt for a return. You would have to match their ink, graphics, texture, structure & appearance of their receipts. As well as setting the appropriate manager on duty, item ##, and even creating an entry showing that you made a purchase with that individual id. Yuck too much for what time could be spent elsewhere!

But like he said in the video, this is all a joke, and you should never attempt to pass off a receipt that is counterfeit. My friend nick is just a fake character I made up so I can tell this story and educate others about this fun thing to do.

Last edited by Swimm; 01-21-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Dude

Thanked 1,092 Times in 686 Posts
Send a message via MSN to The Cheshire Cat
Arrow Re: How to create fake receipts from scratch

Quote:
This video is unavailable
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Dude

Thanked 1,092 Times in 686 Posts
Send a message via MSN to The Cheshire Cat
Arrow Re: How to create fake receipts from scratch

Quote:
This video is currently being processed.
Please check back in a few minutes.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Peasant

Default Re: How to create fake receipts from scratch

This video has been removed because it is too long.
Sorry about that.

Can u split it maybe?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Knight

I don't see why this is would be of use. Stores have the transaction# on the database. They scan the receipt or enter the transaction id#.

Conclusion: You cant do returns with fake receipts.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Peasant

To be honest my friend thought about this long time ago, but I agree with thunderfromdownunder .

Maybe Nick can do it this way :
1. Watch at the cashout to if there an expensive item is bought with cash by a legit customer.( an expensive bag/purse , an expensive pair of shoes etc)
2.Send his friend to buy exact the same product(same colour /size etc).
3.Go home , make the fake receipt similar to friend's receipt , but with different time printed on it.
4.Send his friend back to the store ,charge back with original receipt.
5.After few days go to the store with the fake receipt and charge back?

What do you guys think ?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionist View Post
To be honest my friend thought about this long time ago, but I agree with thunderfromdownunder .

Maybe Nick can do it this way :
1. Watch at the cashout to if there an expensive item is bought with cash by a legit customer.( an expensive bag/purse , an expensive pair of shoes etc)
2.Send his friend to buy exact the same product(same colour /size etc).
3.Go home , make the fake receipt similar to friend's receipt , but with different time printed on it.
4.Send his friend back to the store ,charge back with original receipt.
5.After few days go to the store with the fake receipt and charge back?

What do you guys think ?
No because the transaction ID# would be the same on both receipts.

You return the item with original receipt and the store enters transaction ID#012345, then gives you the cash return.

You go back with fake receipt and the store enters transaction ID#012345, and database already has the transaction down as being returned.

Duplicate receipts fail.

Best bet would be to look around car park for receipts although most are card transactions for expensive items and people like to keep their receipts when paying with card.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimm View Post
Have you ever been told that you need a receipt for something?
Now , you did not say why would NICK need the receipt for.

Once my friend John got caught with a pair of zara shoes (remember i told you before ) And at the exit alarm goes on etc ,etc so he told to the guy : "Listen my wife bought this for me , she is in the store look at the CCTV bla bla ."

And the guy told him :"if you show me the receipt you are free to go."

If Nick is going to use the receipt for this situation MAYBE he can go with it.But i doubt they are so dumb .Again i do not know , if the staff would have been check the receipt to the cashier or would leave John to go with the shoes,after seeing the receipt.Anyway John would not take this risk.

Another thing , I don't know the law in your country but in other countries , if u are going to counterfeit the papers u get more troubles than shoplifting.So beware!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfromdownunder View Post
No because the transaction ID# would be the same on both receipts.

You return the item with original receipt and the store enters transaction ID#012345, then gives you the cash return.

Well I said similar NOT identical.

Also i thought(hoped) about making a fake transaction id , and play dumb , and hoping for the cashier to check only for product id.

Anyway , like i said before , IMO I do not think it will work, so I agree with you.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Knight

Quote:
Well I said similar NOT identical.

Also i thought(hoped) about making a fake transaction id , and play dumb , and hoping for the cashier to check only for product id.

Anyway , like i said before , IMO I do not think it will work, so I agree with you.
Yeah, receipts are just not worth fucking with because nobody can change a database.

Best just lifting items from the store and returning for gift card.

If a fake transaction is created on the receipt, management will be called and will question you, and they will not give cash, it'll be a gift card.

Unless you can find some old shitty store with expensive goods who don't record transactions then its pointless.

Every POS records transaction ID now. Even shitty stores I've worked at.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Knight

The only good thing about this thread/creating fake receipts is that they can be used for door greeters (US stores) and when scamming people on craigslist.

A fake receipt goes down nicely with stolen goods or fake goods when selling an item on craigslist.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Peasant

Now ..if you really need receipts and u have balls u can pull of this shit (it 's dumb anyway , but i ll write it )

John can stay outside of the shop , with a nice suit , a fake id card around his neck , with a pencil and nice notebook .
So he stops ppl in front of the shop , telling them that he is from some non profit organization,linked with that shop ,helping child from africa and they are making a research about spending and i dont know what the fuck.So he kindly ask ppl to give their opinion about hunger in africa or some sort of this shit , and they ask them to give the receipt because a small fee of that day spending is going to go africa.So they need the receipts in order to make some calculations or something.

Or , u can say u are from shop staff , and ask them how much they spend in the shop , and if for example they spend over 100 euro/usd , they are eligible to participate in a raffle/contest .
So they need to give you the receipt +name and surname +phone number in order to put them in the contest.

I dont know... something like this.

I got the second ideea because it was for true in a supermarket in the Christmas eve.So if you bought over a fixed price , u were able to participate to that contest. Of course in the real version nobody took you receipt
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Knight

Quote:
Now ..if you really need receipts and u have balls u can pull of this shit (it 's dumb anyway , but i ll write it )

John can stay outside of the shop , with a nice suit , a fake id card around his neck , with a pencil and nice notebook .
So he stops ppl in front of the shop , telling them that he is from some non profit organization,linked with that shop ,helping child from africa and they are making a research about spending and i dont know what the fuck.So he kindly ask ppl to give their opinion about hunger in africa or some sort of this shit , and they ask them to give the receipt because a small fee of that day spending is going to go africa.So they need the receipts in order to make some calculations or something.

Or , u can say u are from shop staff , and ask them how much they spend in the shop , and if for example they spend over 100 euro/usd , they are eligible to participate in a raffle/contest .
So they need to give you the receipt +name and surname +phone number in order to put them in the contest.

I dont know... something like this.

I got the second ideea because it was for true in a supermarket in the Christmas eve.So if you bought over a fixed price , u were able to participate to that contest. Of course in the real version nobody took you receipt
Nice.

But nobody is going to give you a receipt for anything decent.

If I bought a TV and someone wanted my receipt I would say no, because if this shit breaks I won't get a refund.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Serf

Like I said, this isn't recommended for uses for false returns. This is better if you need to have proof of purchase for people who don't care, or don't have access to store records.

Like in my friends case, he had to recently return a defective item online, but the company was giving him bs about the item not being defective, so when he grinded his brains out on customer service for hours on end "troubleshooting" a product that had more errors than internet explorer, he was relieved to hear that his item was accepted.

Because the item was purchased through a retailer that shut down, there is no contacts available, or records to pull up with the s/n, so creating a BS company that is a rip-off of wally world, with a crappy slogan, and a mediocre look to it seemed to fit a sketchy business that is giving their customers trouble about returns.

Like thunder said, maybe you might run into someone who would like to take a stolen item off your hands. Maybe he wants to see a receipt to ease his feeble mind that it is a legitimate item. Or you might need to show a receipt to an officer who stops you with a stolen item..... looks alot less fishy when you can whip out a receipt with a close date that looks like a carbon copy of the real one...Tons of ways that this can be used.

Honestly, If I found a sure-fire way to create a receipt that showed as a purchased item, there is no way I would post it on a board, that is probably being casually watched by authorities to snap up on any new breaks on security breaches. They know "Were" smart, but when companies dish out big bills for new security measures, it's pretty easy to find out when they have been compromised when it is a stickied thread on a popular "criminal fantasies" board.

But the likelihood of me figuring out something of that matter is unrealistic. Only nick has such skill

Last edited by Swimm; 01-21-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Knight

Quote:
Like I said, this isn't recommended for uses for false returns. This is better if you need to have proof of purchase for people who don't care, or don't have access to store records.

Like in my friends case, he had to recently return a defective item online, but the company was giving him bs about the item not being defective, so when he grinded his brains out on customer service for hours on end "troubleshooting" a product that had more errors than internet explorer, he was relieved to hear that his item was accepted.

Because the item was purchased through a retailer that shut down, there is no contacts available, or records to pull up with the s/n, so creating a BS company that is a rip-off of wally world, with a crappy slogan, and a mediocre look to it seemed to fit a sketchy business that is giving their customers trouble about returns.

Like thunder said, maybe you might run into someone who would like to take a stolen item off your hands. Maybe he wants to see a receipt to ease his feeble mind that it is a legitimate item. Or you might need to show a receipt to an officer who stops you with a stolen item..... looks alot less fishy when you can whip out a receipt with a close date that looks like a carbon copy of the real one...Tons of ways that this can be used.

Honestly, If I found a sure-fire way to create a receipt that showed as a purchased item, there is no way I would post it on a board, that is probably being casually watched by authorities to snap up on any new breaks on security breaches. They know "Were" smart, but when companies dish out big bills for new security measures, it's pretty easy to find out when they have been compromised when it is a stickied thread on a popular "criminal fantasies" board.

But the likelihood of me figuring out something of that matter is unrealistic. Only nick has such skill
Yeah. My friend is going to be doing some scams which need fake Apple store receipts so he shall watch your video later.

I also tried to put a roll of thermal receipt paper into my thermal label printer but obviously the printer doesn't recognise the paper otherwise it'd be mint. As I don't have a real printer.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Serf

I wonder if they sell sheets of paper that feel exactly like receipts? maybe like google'ing the the type of paper that the receipts are made out of, finding a company that supplied those sheets in a4/letter and contacting the supplier about getting one sheet as a demo for business reasons.

Would be alot easier to cut out, and print on. Also, you can mimic perforated edges (from the receipt cutter) with special scissors, or the edge of the cling-wrap box. But most receipts are straight-cut.

Last edited by Swimm; 01-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Knight

Quote:
I wonder if they sell sheets of paper that feel exactly like receipts? maybe like google'ing the the type of paper that the receipts are made out of, finding a company that supplied those sheets in a4/letter and contacting the supplier about getting one sheet as a demo for business reasons.

Would be alot easier to cut out, and print on. Also, you can mimic perforated edges (from the receipt cutter) with special scissors, or the edge of the cling-wrap box. But most receipts are straight-cut.
All you do is create a template in PS, then get a till roll/receipt paper roll and cut it off to the length you want the receipt (must be same size as template), and tape it to an a4 sheet of paper and put it in the printer and the template will print directly onto the receipt paper.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Serf

You would probably have to test it out to find where the edges print though. But that's a great way too!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Knight

Quote:
You would probably have to test it out to find where the edges print though. But that's a great way too!
Yeah. But I really don't know if you can use thermal receipt paper for Inkjet/Laser printers.

Because if you scratch thermal paper it turns black. It is heat sensitive and Inkjet/Laser might heat it idk. I have a roll of receipt paper.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Marquis

Thanked 1,168 Times in 784 Posts

1. Buy mobile home
2. Get home owners insurance
3. print shit tons of fake receipts
4.?????????????
5.PROFIT!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Serf

Quote:
Yeah. But I really don't know if you can use thermal receipt paper for Inkjet/Laser printers.

Because if you scratch thermal paper it turns black. It is heat sensitive and Inkjet/Laser might heat it idk. I have a roll of receipt paper.
I thought that he said that he was using a thermal printer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSurgeon View Post
1. Buy mobile home
2. Get home owners insurance
3. print shit tons of fake receipts
4.?????????????
5.PROFIT!!!!!!
What?

Last edited by Swimm; 01-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:

Can you Just buy a receipt printer and scan an receipt on photoshop and printer it straight out of the receipt printer? would that work?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Serf

alot of receipts have bar codes on them and are scanned when returning stuff. thought it was to help the dumb cashiers do the math, but it's also probably to prevent fake receipt fraud.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Serf

Most barcodes are at the bottom of the receipts. Can't you just tear the receipt a little at the bottom making it look like it got fucked up when the cashier tore it off? Not a lot but to take off enough of it so the last two numbers are gone and the barcode can't be scanned properly?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirescales View Post
Most barcodes are at the bottom of the receipts. Can't you just tear the receipt a little at the bottom making it look like it got fucked up when the cashier tore it off? Not a lot but to take off enough of it so the last two numbers are gone and the barcode can't be scanned properly?
True ....That would be smart!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Mud Farmer

You can print on thermal paper with and inkjet/laser printer. I know with inkjet printers if your going to use it you have to do it quick because the ink will bleed on the paper, so each letter gets fuzzy. You can still read its but it doesn't look like a actual thermal printer printed it.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Grand Duke

Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxannne23 View Post
You can print on thermal paper with and inkjet/laser printer. I know with inkjet printers if your going to use it you have to do it quick because the ink will bleed on the paper, so each letter gets fuzzy. You can still read its but it doesn't look like a actual thermal printer printed it.
or you could just lay down the bit of cash for a real thermal printer and not have poor reproductions. Inkjet (and especially laser jet) will look very obviously wrong if you use real thermal printer paper.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Serf

I know a store in Toronto that definitely, without a doubt, does not have a database for returns. It's a grocery store.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Serf

Facepalm Re: How to create fake receipts from scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Dexter View Post
I know a store in Toronto that definitely, without a doubt, does not have a database for returns. It's a grocery store.
You heard the man!
Everybody drive to Toronto so we can return that stolen fruit...