Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Duke

Thanked 1,044 Times in 716 Posts
Default Amphetamine Potentiation

I was wondering if there are certain steps you can take to maximize the effect of amphetamines whilst reducing the amount of stress that it puts on your system. I have never been much of an uppers person, but recently I have developed a taste for it. When taking opiates, I know what potentiators work for me and what don't, but with this particular chemical I am just dosing it and playing it by ear. Obviously long term things like eating properly, resting properly, staying fit and not taking it every day for weeks on end are all obvious answers, but I am curious of the specific steps you can take in the short term, ala No warnings opiate potentiation thread.

Things like when, what and how much you should eat (as in food), how to space the doses out properly and what potentiators are available.

On a good day, I usually to eat something fatty and high energy at some point before dosing or 3 or 4 hours into the dose. I also tend to take high strength B vitamin before I dose and as I start coming down, a normal dose of magnesium, repeated if I have savage muscle tension. I also usually take some kind of vasodilator, even if it is just eating chocolate or drinking coffee. I am not particularly experienced in the drug nor particularly versed in the pharmacology yet though, so if someone already has a system worked out I would love to see it.

Last edited by Dionysus; 01-26-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Eat = Food, not drugs.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,886 Posts
Cool Re: Amphetamine Potentiation

Here's a few off the top of my head:

l-dopa (precursor to dopamine)

Magnesium, and lots of it; I find it really helps with the comedown and is a decent potentiator.

Piracetam or any of the other -racetams are said to be excellent potentiatiors

Also, if you're looking to get as high as possible from an oral route: eat some baking soda to heighten the pH in your stomach -- the drug absorbs faster giving higher peak plasma levels..

Unlike the opioid guide, you're not going to be able to inhibit enzymes that destroy dopamine unless you want to take an MAOI or COMT inhibitor (which is not worth it at all):

Last edited by Gun Lover; 01-26-2012 at 07:54 PM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Dionysus (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Duke

Default Re: Amphetamine Potentiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by &Zenith View Post
Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor...
I could be incorrect; like I said I am not particularly well versed in pharmacology, but just going off researching this stuff on google caffeine is broken down into Theobromine in the liver, which dilates the blood vessels. It is also in cocoa and tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
Here's a few off the top of my head:

l-dopa (precursor to dopamine)

Magnesium, and lots of it; I find it really helps with the comedown and is a decent potentiator.

Piracetam or any of the other -racetams are said to be excellent potentiatiors

Also, if you're looking to get as high as possible from an oral route: eat some baking soda to heighten the pH in your stomach -- the drug absorbs faster giving higher peak plasma levels..

Unlike the opioid guide, you're not going to be able to inhibit enzymes that destroy dopamine unless you want to take an MAOI or COMT inhibitor (which is not worth it at all):

Much obliged. Would there be any danger from frequently dosing magnesium? I usually take it every day anyway, and between using it with speed and using it with opiates I am probably pushing the recommended dosage.

Last edited by Dionysus; 01-26-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Sex Cucumber

Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,477 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick

Definitely baking soda, for potentiation. If you overdo it, I've read that vitamin C helps you excrete more through urine without metabolizing all of it.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Broodingly Rational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I could be incorrect; like I said I am not particularly well versed in pharmacology, but just going off researching this stuff on google caffeine is broken down into Theobromine in the liver, which dilates the blood vessels. It is also in cocoa and tea.
Yep, you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Much obliged. Would there be any danger from frequently dosing magnesium? I usually take it every day anyway, and between using it with speed and using it with opiates I am probably pushing the recommended dosage.
IIRC, speed and alcohol cause you to excrete lots of your magnesium.

Either way, unless your kidneys are fucked, you will not overdose on magnesium because the kidneys are so good at excreting excess Mg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Hypermagnesemia occurs rarely because the kidney is very effective in excreting excess magnesium. It usually develops only in people with kidney failure who are given magnesium salts or who take drugs that contain magnesium (e.g. some antacids and laxatives).
With near certainty, you will not overdose on Mg.

*Also* Remember that not all Mg supplements actually work. The Magnesium Oxide tablets commonly sold in pharmacies are <10% orally bioavailable. If didn't already know this, I'd suggest buying/making Mg Citrate or Mg Glycinate. Those two have >80% oral bioavailability

Last edited by Gun Lover; 01-26-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Dionysus (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Mud Farmer

i wouldnt be playing by ear with anphetamines. I've been taking them everyday since i was 6 and i can tell you i already know there has been some damage to my veins. also you are at a huge increased risk for a heart attack when you take anphetamines and to take another stimulant (such as caffiene) on top of that is just dumb.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Duke

^ I am in good health at the moment, as well as more or less fully developed physically so as long as I don't act like a fucking moron with them I should be okay. I have a decent amount of experience with speed anyway, just comparatively little in the context of the BLTC population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
Yep, you're correct.

IIRC, speed and alcohol cause you to excrete lots of your magnesium.

Either way, unless your kidneys are fucked, you will not overdose on magnesium because the kidneys are so good at excreting excess Mg:

With near certainty, you will not overdose on Mg.

*Also* Remember that not all Mg supplements actually work. The Magnesium Oxide tablets commonly sold in pharmacies are <10% orally bioavailable. If didn't already know this, I'd suggest buying/making Mg Citrate or Mg Glycinate. Those two have >80% oral bioavailability

Thanks again. It is a kind and noble thing you are doing. Now I have even less of an excuse not to be on drugs as frequently as possible

Last edited by Dionysus; 01-26-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Gun Lover (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Broodingly Rational

Heart Re: Amphetamine Potentiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
^ Thanks again. It is a kind and noble thing you are doing. Now I have even less of an excuse not to be on drugs as frequently as possible
My philosophy is all about Better Living Through Chemistry; glad I was able to share it
Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts

Eat a tums motha' fucka'.

Also, go for a nice long walk. Always makes my amp highs way more euphoric and less cracked out.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Broodingly Rational

Grin Re: Amphetamine Potentiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagiNation View Post
Eat a tums motha' fucka'.

Also, go for a nice long walk. Always makes my amp highs way more euphoric and less cracked out.
Good advice

You're the resident racetam expert; what do you think about racetams + amps?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,283 Times in 2,270 Posts

An amazing combination for sure. More euphoria, more abstract thoughts, better conversations, less physical stress & tension. Oh, but an increased chance for excitotoxicity, although apparently caffeine can prevent this.