Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Peasant

Default Robbing a pharmacy

I have a friend who really wants to rob a pharmacy like cvs.. He would walk in give a note demanding narcotics and then leave with the goodies, sell and profit?!

I'm telling him not to do it but he is so stubborn!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default Re: Robbing a pharmacy

Cool story bro
Old 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary Fox Paws View Post
Cool story bro
Your girlfriend forgot her cool starry bra at my house
Old 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Mud Farmer

Good idea bro let me know when your selling them hope they don't just give you a lot of ibuprophen
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
PROOTS

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flx88 View Post
I have a friend who really wants to rob a pharmacy like cvs.. He would walk in give a note demanding narcotics and then leave with the goodies, sell and profit?!

I'm telling him not to do it but he is so stubborn!
Don't get me wrong, if he's going to do this, I hope he gets away with it. However, as far as my 2 cents are considered, I would strongly advise against this method.

Pharmacists aren't stupid. Robbing a pharmacy can have just as severe consequences as robbing a bank, in some states. Not only that, lots of pharmacies are equipped with silent alarms. If it's a run of the mill, corporation CVS, it probably has one.

Can't he think of a more reasonable way to go about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL$IN View Post
Good idea bro let me know when your selling them hope they don't just give you a lot of ibuprophen
This is actually a very valid concern. What's he going to do? Stand there and make sure she hands him exactly what he's looking for? For all you know, they might just hand you junk that has no recreational value whatsoever, in the same vein as the bank handing your dye-packs.

Last edited by Proots; 01-29-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Peasant

Well he was going to find out info about the pharmacists and say he has. Friend outside her house and will fuck her family up if she does anything stupid. It's A very Rough idea.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Thumbs Up Re: Robbing a pharmacy

Quote:
No doubt you're trying it on as we speak you faggot
Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary Fox Paws View Post
No doubt you're trying it on as we speak you faggot
Come at me bro..
Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned

I'm just kidding you're cool
Old 01-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Count

Robbing a pharmacy is pretty risky and stupid for a lot of reasons.

1. As someone said, they have alarms that can easily be triggered.

2. Staff size. Your average pharmacy megastore might have 4-5 techs, at least one cashier, probably a front store manager and 1-2 pharmacists depending on time of day. Even if you hit at night you're looking at controlling 4 people at minimum.

3. Cameras. Lots of them.

4. The dispensary is located at the back of most pharmacies (at least, in Canada). That means that it's no easier in and out. Unless you're smart enough to find a side door the staff uses, maybe to take out the garbage. Might be a closer exit. In my experience, Canadian Shoppers stores tend to place the dispensary equally distant from all exits and easily visible from multiple camera angles. On the upside, they're all goddamned identical.

5. If they catch you, you're fucked. If they catch anyone you sell to, they will turn you in to save their own asses. You robbed a fucking pharmacy and sold the drugs on the street. You'd be a great prize for the PD.

It might be easier to just get a script, junky.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Well he was going to find out info about the pharmacists and say he has. Friend outside her house and will fuck her family up if she does anything stupid. It's A very Rough idea.
Well, you need to be sure she's going to be there. Unfortunately, doing this adds a whole entire sleuth of other charges on top of the robbery.

I'm not fucking with you - if he does this and robs the pharmacy, there's a good chance he's going to get caught. Not only that, they're going to slap him with over 60 years prison time.

Do you understand what that means? If your friend is 20, he will most likely die in prison before he ever gets out.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for bad ideas and I understand the whole risk versus reward. However, I'd pass this one up. There are plenty of other areas you could make money in, that even if you get caught will land you less jail time.

NOTE : Some not all, pharmacies also have panic shutters/glass. She presses a button. A simple button, located under the counter. Not only will this button immediately tell authorities in the area to converge on location - but bulletproof shutters will fall, closing off the counter, protecting her and the bounty your friend hopes to score.

What does he plan on doing? Driving away or escaping on foot? Getting people to threaten her friends/family is a terrible idea. All that does is add more unnecessary live links of people that will get caught and eventually, get you caught. Thus, increasing your chances of getting caught overall.

Last edited by Proots; 01-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Significantly Grander Duke

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,745 Posts

Simple, classic robberies of chain stores like Walgreens, CVS and the like are bound to fail. They take many precautions for situations like those in the OP. Panic alarms, shutters, special dispensers, the works. Nice way to fuck your life up, or lose it, though.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Serf

If I went to my local Pharmacy to pick up my meds only to find out the place was robbed I'd be pissed.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Peasant

Ok thanks guy, my friend was high when he thought of it so it was stupid lol. He is not going to as the risk to reward sucks..
Old 01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Grand Duke

Send a message via AIM to Clover Send a message via MSN to Clover
Smile Re: Robbing a pharmacy

I saw one time a guy robbed a pharmacy, he got away with like 20 mg of oxycontin and for that 20 MG, his face was plastered all over the news for weeks. fucking idiot, go rob a drug dealer...don't rob a pharmacy.

Get some balls, go buy you a 1911 in .45 (good and reliable) and go rob a fucking drug dealer, you'll be less likely to get caught.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
I saw one time a guy robbed a pharmacy, he got away with like 20 mg of oxycontin and for that 20 MG, his face was plastered all over the news for weeks. fucking idiot, go rob a drug dealer...don't rob a pharmacy.

Get some balls, go buy you a 1911 in .45 (good and reliable) and go rob a fucking drug dealer, you'll be less likely to get caught.
More likely to get killed or maimed, if you hit the wrong one or the one who knows/answers to the wrong people, though.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Serf

Hahaha oh wow.

You can get away with it, people do often, but it's not worth it. You'd be much better off intercepting the courier who delivers it or doing kickdoors on dealers.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Peasant

Just a heads up/Forewarning this shit may work once or twice but you will be caught, most people who rob pharmacy's are junkies my boy did that shit and he is serving ten years state, I saw him my last bit and boy is he sick.

If you have that much time to spare go for it, otherwise its fucking pointless. who knows they could pull from the Fake narcotics and give you a batch of bull shit? worth the risk? you would be better off with white collar crime if any .
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
I'm not fucking with you - if he does this and robs the pharmacy, there's a good chance he's going to get caught. Not only that, they're going to slap him with over 60 years prison time.
Nobody (almost nobody) gets that kind of time for armed robbery. A more realistic sentence would be anywhere from 5 to 10 years. With a good lawyer, you might be out in 4 years. This is under the assumption that OP doesn't have any prior felonies.

It's not any worse than robbing a bank. If OP doesn't have a huge monkey on his back, he could be looking at 200+ Oxy 30 mg tabs to sell. At a steep discount of $15/each, that's $3000, plus whatever else you can get them to give you. You might as well use a gun, because if they call your bluff, every employee in the store will pile on you. With the gun, you can jump over the counter, demand everything you want, and make a quick getaway.

You're looking at a massive haul if done right. If done wrong, you'll be hauling your ass-cheeks apart in no time.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:53 AM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville View Post
Nobody (almost nobody) gets that kind of time for armed robbery. A more realistic sentence would be anywhere from 5 to 10 years. With a good lawyer, you might be out in 4 years. This is under the assumption that OP doesn't have any prior felonies.

It's not any worse than robbing a bank. If OP doesn't have a huge monkey on his back, he could be looking at 200+ Oxy 30 mg tabs to sell. At a steep discount of $15/each, that's $3000, plus whatever else you can get them to give you. You might as well use a gun, because if they call your bluff, every employee in the store will pile on you. With the gun, you can jump over the counter, demand everything you want, and make a quick getaway.

You're looking at a massive haul if done right. If done wrong, you'll be hauling your ass-cheeks apart in no time.
I know. I'm talking about him harming/threatening the family on top of robbing the pharmacy. In some states it is just a severe a penalty as robbing a bank.

The full quote :

Quote:
Well, you need to be sure she's going to be there. Unfortunately, doing this adds a whole entire sleuth of other charges on top of the robbery.

I understand the robbery itself won't net that sort of time - but, Jesus - finding the girls family, threatening her, threatening/assaulting her family and robbing the pharmacy? You're looking at an extreme sentence, if you get caught. So, you better get away with it!

Last edited by Proots; 01-31-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

If you were to do this I would recommend casing out a 24 hour CVS and hitting them at night cause usually after midnight there is only the pharmacist in the pharmacy and very little staff in the front. Avoid truck nights because of late nights and more staff stocking and make sure they don't have an LP member working at night. (Most in my area don't) Go there at night a few times 1 month before going for it. Expect a bell to ring once the automatic doors are opened after a certain time like 12-1am (no employees really check) Don't show your face or any skin what so ever cause CVS's surveillance is really good and will get a clear and crisp picture. Get an airsoft gun and spray paint over the orange tip. CVS has a policy to hand over anything an armed assailant request for no questions asked. What he'll want will probably be in the safe and while your at it go for all the money in the till.
Good luck
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Marquis

ytter_man broke into a pharmacy and stole a bunch of painkillers when he was a teenager. He got caught after him and his friends got rid of all the pills.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Kill Null Airtime View Post
ytter_man broke into a pharmacy and stole a bunch of painkillers when he was a teenager. He got caught after him and his friends got rid of all the pills.
Isn't that the fellow that committed suicide?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Marquis

somebody robbed a walgreen right up the road. they just walked in, pointed the gun at the pharmacist, asked for the desired medication and left. still hasnt been caught to this day.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachosomoza View Post
Isn't that the fellow that committed suicide?
yeah
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexually vulnerable CPR dummy View Post
somebody robbed a walgreen right up the road. they just walked in, pointed the gun at the pharmacist, asked for the desired medication and left. still hasnt been caught to this day.
That sounds pure badass
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Archduke

Armed robbery on a chain pharmacy is definatly not the way to go.

Go for a B&E on a small non-chain pharmacy, sell the drugs online with a stolen or un-registred laptop on public WIFI hotspots sitting outside in the car at night out of the view of any cameras. Be careful not to leave any fingerprints on/in the envelopes.

Problem?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Duke

Quote:
This is actually a very valid concern. What's he going to do? Stand there and make sure she hands him exactly what he's looking for? For all you know, they might just hand you junk that has no recreational value whatsoever, in the same vein as the bank handing your dye-packs.
A scared pharmacist held at gunpoint is probably going to be just a little bit scared and do what you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexually vulnerable CPR dummy View Post
Yeah if you rob anywhere without a gun or a nasty weapon they aren't going to take you as seriously...

Not saying that a blatant gunpoint robbery is actually the best method, though.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Knight

Quote:
is the 88 in your name a white power reference
Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

A 1911?

Why?

That's like using a rolles royce as a getaway car.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 AM

Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,424 Posts
Send a message via AIM to LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Don't get me wrong, if he's going to do this, I hope he gets away with it. However, as far as my 2 cents are considered, I would strongly advise against this method.

Pharmacists aren't stupid. Robbing a pharmacy can have just as severe consequences as robbing a bank, in some states. Not only that, lots of pharmacies are equipped with silent alarms. If it's a run of the mill, corporation CVS, it probably has one.

Can't he think of a more reasonable way to go about this?

Believe me, an opioid addict is going to check the label on the bottle the moment he gets it, at least one or two if he gets like 10 or more.

Some dude from I think it was Coheed & Cambria? or some shit, robbed a pharmacy by using a cell phone note to say he had a bomb and got a buncha oxycodone and took off. This was right before they played a show, and he got arrested during.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
PROOTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovry View Post
Believe me, an opioid addict is going to check the label on the bottle the moment he gets it, at least one or two if he gets like 10 or more.

Some dude from I think it was Coheed & Cambria? or some shit, robbed a pharmacy by using a cell phone note to say he had a bomb and got a buncha oxycodone and took off. This was right before they played a show, and he got arrested during.
Hahaha, yeah! The bass player, right? He was like, touring with Soundgarden or something and he robbed that Walgreen's. I think they gave him the boot from the band after that.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Marquis

coheed and cambria? i saw them at the house of blues and holy god did they suck ass
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville View Post
They drugs will be shitty, this would be better off with a burglary. And this dude will definitely be spreading his cheeks.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 PM
The Boss

Bad idea. My ex tried this, they gave her non-recreational pills, and the police arrested her a few days later. Got charged with multiple felonies. She had a clean record, so she did a few months in jail and then five years probation.

Bastards also cracked down on my probation because of her actions.

I'd do something clever like blowing a hole in a wall after they close, not walking up and demanding drugs.

mike
Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Baron

Yeah I work at a gas station a few nights a week, last night I saw like 8 police cruisers fly by... so naturally about an hour later when a cop came in for some doughnuts (yeah typical right?) I asked him what was up.
He said a group of robbers robbed CVS, that it's the same guys, they do it often... yet they didn't/haven't caught them yet. The cop told me they do it around the whole area where I live too all CVS's.
there has to be some kind of good strategy then right? And hearing that cop say they do it alot makes me think, they know its coming, and still get caught with they pants down
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Baron

I'd try to find the link.... maybe eventually bubba kush got me lazy at the moment
Old 02-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Peasant

The way I see it, it's better to find someone inside a drug company like Pfizer and get their requisition details, then their transport schedules and hijack the transport en route.

You'll have more Viagra than you can imagine and you'll be set with a good dose of inventory of a multitude of drugs at least.

But getting rid of it will be a challenge.
STD (02-03-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Peasant

Here is what you want but probably need inside information & connections.......... http://pafop38.com/2010/01/31/truckl...-year-earlier/

Just going into a pharmacy straight up trying to jack it is a bad idea. The idea of your friend threatening the person with having his/her family is bad...........

He should check out local mom & pop pharmacies where he can break into at night..........