Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to White Jesus
Default Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:

A POLICE inquiry will be held after a man died after falling from a window during a dramatic police siege in a Perth hotel room early this morning.

The man, who was known to police, had barricaded himself in a 12th floor room at the Novotel Langley on the corner of Adelaide Terrace and Hill Street, and later began throwing burning objects from the hotel out the window in the early hours of the morning.

A PerthNow reader was working on St Georges Terrace about 5am and saw the incident unfold.

"He (the victim) kicked out his room window, threw out a TV, set curtains on fire, removed all linen and bedding and kept stoking the fire for more than 30 minutes," he said.

"He then took the wooden table, put it on the window sill and the fire really took off.

"The table then fell and that's when police obviously got very concerned."

The witness, who did not want to be named, then said he heard shots ring out from the hotel room.

"There was loud male screaming, one shot , then two quick shots and flashes, then he fell from window.

"I was lucky as I was on ground and didn't see the aftermath ... my sympathy is with the young Irish couple that did and who witnessed it all at the building next door from their balcony."

Police spokeswoman Susan Usher said police were called to the hotel about 3.30am after a staff member reported shards of glass falling from a floor above.

She said items had been thrown from the 12th floor room to the street below, a fire had been lit in the room and guests were evacuated from the floor as a result.

"The occupant of the 12th floor room refused to open the door for police and the Tactical Response Group was called," Ms Usher said.

"Attempts to negotiate with the man failed and, because of the fire that had been lit, TRG made a forced entry to the room."

She said the events that followed remain sensitive and would be confirmed through an inquiry.

"Internal Affairs Unit investigators are continuing with investigations and will report findings to the Coroner and to the Corruption and Crime Commission," Ms Usher said.

It is understood that shortly after police broke into the room, the man fell from the window.

Roads around the scene were closed but have since been re-opened.

Another witness who did not want to be named said he was walking along Adelaide Terrace when he saw the man fall.

"I saw a bloke on the top floor of the Novotel throwing lit-up merchandise, bedding, beds and chairs," he said.

"Then about 20 minutes after he'd done that I heard him saying :'No, no, no'.

"Next minute the police went in, three shots were fired and he came out the window."

The 6PR Morning Show reported that police had fired bean-bag pellets at the man and an altercation had ensued in the room but a police spokesman at the scene denied any fatal shots had been fired.

"They (police) came into the room, but I can tell you that no lethal force was used," he said.

"I can confirm 100 per cent that we did not discharge a firearm."

Police have not officially released any further details about the dead man, other than to say he was 37 years old.

The spokesman said it was too early to determine if he had fallen or jumped from the hotel window.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz1rubRjeZe
Saw this on the way to work today. Happened pretty much on the corner of the CBD

*EDIT*
According to the ABC they popped him with one beanbag round and a tazer

Last edited by White Jesus; 04-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Count

Default Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

I was discussing this with the receptionist at work today and when I told her I would of loved to watch the whole thing unfold including the fall she called me 'sick'. I told that stupid bitch that she can't handle reality and then an hour later I told her I had read the police report online (suuurrree I did) and that the man had literally exploded all over the concrete when he impacted. She wasn't amused.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Kwinnie Bogan (04-13-2012), Piles of Crack (04-12-2012), reject (04-12-2012), White Jesus (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Duke

Default Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Lister View Post
I was discussing this with the receptionist at work today and when I told her I would of loved to watch the whole thing unfold including the fall she called me 'sick'. I told that stupid bitch that she can't handle reality and then an hour later I told her I had read the police report online (suuurrree I did) and that the man had literally exploded all over the concrete when he impacted. She wasn't amused.
Should have told her a mate sent you some pics and showed her one of these (Currnet google searching has not yielded an image of someone exploded on pavement, rest assured though I will find one)
Ed Lister (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Knight

Quote:
Obvious bullshit is obvious. 13 year olds can't have jobs in Australia.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Obvious bullshit is obvious. 13 year olds can't have jobs in Australia.
Actually, they can, unlike you bitches over in Europe. Ever wonder why your country is falling to pieces faggot?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Knight

Quote:
Actually, they can, unlike you bitches over in Europe. Ever wonder why your country is falling to pieces faggot?
Oh yeah, forgot you're all Asians now. My bad.

BTW, which country are you talking about?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Count

Quote:

In Australia we are taught that Europe is a single country, ruled by an old lady with bad teeth who drives a tiny little car and only has to work 4 hours a day.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Knight

Quote:
In Australia we are taught that Europe is a single country, ruled by an old lady with bad teeth who drives a tiny little car and only has to work 4 hours a day.
You know what the irony is? You're the one ruled by that old lady.
Dichromate (04-12-2012), The Pat-Man (04-12-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Count

Dude, if you're going to troll at least try and make it believable.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Duke

Quote:

So long as your kind stop coming here I dont mind
We dont need any more serbs or croats
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Jesus View Post
So long as your kind stop coming here I dont mind
We dont need any more serbs or croats
Don't worry about it, I have no intention of moving to a country with no gun rights.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Duke

Quote:
Don't worry about it, I have no intention of moving to a country with no gun rights.
Eh I own three guns and hunt regularly. We gun owners are treated like crazies though
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Jesus View Post
Eh I own three guns and hunt regularly. We gun owners are treated like crazies though
For real? I thought Australians were disarmed with the Brits. Ok, my bad, must have been a false rumor I read or something.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Duke

Quote:
For real? I thought Australians were disarmed with the Brits. Ok, my bad, must have been a false rumor I read or something.
No pistols(unless your a member of a gun club and shoot a certain amount per year with calibres restricted to 9mm and less , no magazines above 4 or 5 rounds ( cant recall) for cat A and B, no semi auto for category A and B weapons. Cat C can be semi auto but is heavily restricted mainly to farmers and pest controllers and cannot load more the 9 rounds
In short it sucks

Last edited by White Jesus; 04-12-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Marquis

^One of you guys should just order an AK47 with AP rounds off the silkroad and shoot up your law makers. Be like "see your stupid laws did nothing". Make a video of you ordering the ak off the internet and explain that any criminal who wants one can easily get one, thus all the gun restrictions are totally retarded.

And seriously, I wouldn't feel safe without a gun in Australia. You guys have some fucking crazy animals.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Marquis

BTW

"I can confirm 100 per cent that we did not discharge a firearm." *every witness involved heard the shots*

This is a blatant lie, whoever said this should be fired. Just because you used a bean bag round doesn't mean a firearm was not discharged. Fucking retards.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
AHAHAHA!
nice.
I laughed out loud at that one. Good job.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Marquis

There is a video of the fire on this link, not him falling though

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226325200811
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote:
If you don't include shotguns and rifles, then yea we're disarmed.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post
If you don't include shotguns and rifles, then yea we're disarmed.
You mean you cant even own pistols at a pistol club?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Grander Duke

I don't know, I'm not sure if pistols are completely outlawed or if you just have to jump through too many hoops to make it worthwhile. All I know is that it's fairly easy to get a shotgun or rifle.

There's enough kids running about the cities with pistols tho that if you really wanted one it wouldn't be too hard to get.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Duke

Mad Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:
Originally Posted by reject View Post

There's enough kids running about the cities with pistols tho that if you really wanted one it wouldn't be too hard to get.
Same here, hooray for gun control
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,944 Posts

you know australia bears striking resemblance to the american midwest.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Grander Duke

It's brilliant.

Back where I used to live it was mainly farmland so every fucker and his dog had shotguns. One of my friends blew his head off with one, the dumbass.

So yea, Wolf needs to try harder.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
you know australia bears striking resemblance to the american midwest.
Cept with moar iron ore and less bible thumpin
Oh and plenty of these

Last edited by White Jesus; 04-12-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
oh he's got y'all there that pm you got is a cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
oh he's got y'all there that pm you got is a cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt
The alternative is much much worse

This is Tony Abbott and aside from creating a bunch of hawwt daughters the motherfucker is a batshit insane christan who will really turn us into the American Midwest

Last edited by White Jesus; 04-12-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: forgot the hawwwt daughters
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Knight

How do you know he was a tweaker besides this happened in Perth? He may have just been naturally deranged.

Sounds like the police have killed another person they could have detained easily enough. And for what exactly? Sounds like the room was already destroyed it's not as if the whole building would have been destroyed...it wasn't a 9/11 job after-all
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Procrastination Expert

Its them fucking bath salts man
Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Acolyte

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,250 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople

I lol'd.

The fact that he was setting fire to a room he had barricaded himself inside of is just Darwinian in it's stupidity. Seriously. Give this man the award.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyStar View Post
How do you know he was a tweaker besides this happened in Perth? He may have just been naturally deranged.

Sounds like the police have killed another person they could have detained easily enough. And for what exactly? Sounds like the room was already destroyed it's not as if the whole building would have been destroyed...it wasn't a 9/11 job after-all
He was known to police. Nuff said there in regards to knowing he was a tweaker.

And meh, they didn't really use excessive force imo. They fired non lethal rounds at him and he opted to jump out the window. They couldn't really have handled that any differently, hes lucky they even decided to use non lethal rounds. They would have been justified using real rounds. You don't know if that lunatic has real weapons. Its easy to sit back and criticize now, with perfect hindsight, but lets see how you would react being the first guy to breach that room, that contained an insane, drug using, violent person, who may have had firearms. They could have been walking into a machine gun nest for all they knew. If you're in that situation, and you can't instantly see he is unarmed, you fire. In this case they fired bean bags and tazers. Totally reasonable. They can't stop him from jumping out the window if he is determined enough.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Buster View Post
He was known to police. Nuff said there in regards to knowing he was a tweaker.

And meh, they didn't really use excessive force imo. They fired non lethal rounds at him and he opted to jump out the window. They couldn't really have handled that any differently, hes lucky they even decided to use non lethal rounds. They would have been justified using real rounds. You don't know if that lunatic has real weapons. Its easy to sit back and criticize now, with perfect hindsight, but lets see how you would react being the first guy to breach that room, that contained an insane, drug using, violent person, who may have had firearms. They could have been walking into a machine gun nest for all they knew. If you're in that situation, and you can't instantly see he is unarmed, you fire. In this case they fired bean bags and tazers. Totally reasonable. They can't stop him from jumping out the window if he is determined enough.
Known to police doesn't say much - Someone that flips out due to a medical reason could just as easily be known to police.

Anyhow I still say the police fucked up - And tazers aren't reasonable, they kill people.

If the lunatic had real weapons don't you think he would have used them rather than starting fires? Police are morons and they've just killed another person.

And if you still can't accept that perhaps you should stand back and understand if he was a tweaker it's still a police fuckup, they've paid to stop the supply of drugs. All-round police fail.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Known to police doesn't say much - Someone that flips out due to a medical reason could just as easily be known to police.

Anyhow I still say the police fucked up - And tazers aren't reasonable, they kill people.

If the lunatic had real weapons don't you think he would have used them rather than starting fires? Police are morons and they've just killed another person.

And if you still can't accept that perhaps you should stand back and understand if he was a tweaker it's still a police fuckup, they've paid to stop the supply of drugs. All-round police fail.
You're an idiot.

Why don't you tell me how the police should have handled that situation, and then your retardation will become much more obvious. Go ahead. You're the officer in charge of dealing with that situation. What exactly do you do?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,599 Posts

"I can confirm 100 per cent that we did not discharge a firearm." ~ Police spokeswoman Susan Usher

5 minutes later in another news report...

"Inspector Bill Munnee says one officer fired three non-lethal rounds, believed to be bean-bag bullets."

^
These bungling idiots can't even get their lies straight.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,240 Times in 760 Posts

BULLSHIT the TRG didn't pop him. The TRG are fom what I remember mostly ex-SAS-R members. I am pretty sure they're not going to make any mistakes any time soon. If something happened, it's because they planned for it to happen that way.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Knight

Roll Eyes Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:
You're an idiot.

Why don't you tell me how the police should have handled that situation, and then your retardation will become much more obvious. Go ahead. You're the officer in charge of dealing with that situation. What exactly do you do?
For starters they could have crashed in through the window from a vertical vantage point...

Pepper spray, high pressure hose coming in away from a 12th story window, Tranquilizer dart...

Pick one you fucking cunt.

at your 'known to police ZOMG TWEAKER!' conclusion and shoot to kill policy because of the unlikely event he had a 'weapon'.

Police are supposed to be trained in this sort of thing - They monumentally fucked up and the result of the inquest will prove me right...not that you'll follow up and read up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpectraL View Post
"I can confirm 100 per cent that we did not discharge a firearm." ~ Police spokeswoman Susan Usher

5 minutes later in another news report...

"Inspector Bill Munnee says one officer fired three non-lethal rounds, believed to be bean-bag bullets."

^
These bungling idiots can't even get their lies straight.
This. All day this.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Knight

Arrow Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinnie Bogan View Post
BULLSHIT the TRG didn't pop him. The TRG are fom what I remember mostly ex-SAS-R members. I am pretty sure they're not going to make any mistakes any time soon. If something happened, it's because they planned for it to happen that way.
I dunno what you're suggesting but if it's that they wanted a man 'known to police' dead...I'm with you on that one.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Marquis

Quote:
For starters they could have crashed in through the window from a vertical vantage point...

Pepper spray, high pressure hose coming in away from a 12th story window, Tranquilizer dart...

Pick one you fucking cunt.

at your 'known to police ZOMG TWEAKER!' conclusion and shoot to kill policy because of the unlikely event he had a 'weapon'.

Police are supposed to be trained in this sort of thing - They monumentally fucked up and the result of the inquest will prove me right...not that you'll follow up and read up on that.
Bahahaha. I don't even need to analysis this. Quoted for proof you're an idiot.

Ya, come crashing in the window from a 'vertical vantage point'.

I seriously hope you're trolling. If not you really are a stupid individual. You will never be considered smart by anyone other than your parents. You will do poorly in school. You will have a sub par career. Enjoy.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
"Al"

Thanked 1,341 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Should of asked hurt on a date, You had her on the ropes there tiger.

Al
Old 04-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Knight

Thumbs Down Re: Tweeker tries burning room to remove shadow people, is blown out window by police

Quote:
Bahahaha. I don't even need to analysis this. Quoted for proof you're an idiot.

Ya, come crashing in the window from a 'vertical vantage point'.

I seriously hope you're trolling. If not you really are a stupid individual. You will never be considered smart by anyone other than your parents. You will do poorly in school. You will have a sub par career. Enjoy.
They could have crashed through the window forcing him towards the exit door...

You ask how to deal with it, I do and you just don't understand it.

How do you think they rescue people that have fallen off cliffs and shit? They have to go in vertically.

Your stupidity...just...no words.

Perhaps if they sent someone in to rescue the guy instead of police to kill him...

The only way it couldn't work is if the 12th floor is towards the top...for a bumpkin 'city' like Perth Australia I guess it may well have been though...sorry for my ignorance on that one.