Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sanzenbacher
Default Dumpster diving for food.

I'm poor, hungry, and need something. I've looked and read that most places that get rid of food regularly are Pizza places, donut shops, grocery stores.

So like, if I went to Pizza Hut after hours I might get some stuff? Or the only bakery type thing we have is a Starbucks, who might toss the pastries?

Where do you guys think would be ideal for food?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Knight

Default Re: Dumpster diving for food.

Have fun with your mouth herpes after you do this man.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Wealthy Merchant

fazolis or other resturaunts like ms winners the chinese food place in my town stole chicken from their dumpsteres and made general tso with it
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonturtle View Post
fazolis or other resturaunts like ms winners the chinese food place in my town stole chicken from their dumpsteres and made general tso with it
Fazollis? Okay, I have a fazolis in my town. WHat were you manage to score from Fazolis? Wonder about places like Culvers or Dairy Queen, or any places, whether they be fast food, or an actual mom and pop place.

Wouldn't McDonald's and Burger King, Wendys, Arbys basically all save their buns for mass days since they have so many preservatives?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ( ) View Post
A small grocery store would probably be best for this, as you want one without a trash compactor. They will throw out food that is freshly expired or even just sticky from another package bursting. Unlike resturants most stuff will still be packaged so it wont come in contact with garbage.
How do you know if a store does or doesn't have a trash compactor?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzenbacher View Post
Fazollis? Okay, I have a fazolis in my town. WHat were you manage to score from Fazolis? Wonder about places like Culvers or Dairy Queen, or any places, whether they be fast food, or an actual mom and pop place.

Wouldn't McDonald's and Burger King, Wendys, Arbys basically all save their buns for mass days since they have so many preservatives?
from fazolis probly breadsticks and bits of past here and there. yeah try any fast food place and especially mom and pop place ooh those would deft be the best.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Start Fires, Smoke Meth.

Any major restaurant chain is pretty much worthless. There are very limited amounts of left over food because it's mostly frozen and preportioned. McDonald's, Burger King, that sort you should not even bother with.

Donut shops, coffee shops, that kind of place is good. Large supermarkets are good if you have bolt cutters to get the lock on the dumpster with.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Knight

Why not just shoplift food from the supermarket, or try dine and dashing with empty gift cards. There is a ton of information about this if you look in the threads.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
Why not just shoplift food from the supermarket, or try dine and dashing with empty gift cards. There is a ton of information about this if you look in the threads.
This. Go into a restaraunt, order food, eat said food.. then say you're going out for a quick smoke or something then never come back.

Also, when I was a manager at WAWA, we used to throw LOTS of food out at night.. like prepackaged sandwiches, salads, wraps.. usually around 11 pm- 12 am when the new shit came in. Wait out back for them to throw the shit out and you're gold.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Count

Quote:
Dairy Queen
Lol what are you going to do, slurp up melted ice cream out of the dumpster?
SizableSac (06-16-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 AM

theses awhole thread on this in another section.... I'll let it ride for a day then it will be moved. Check your "User CP" for the thread if you can't find it.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:18 AM
Serf

I hear panera bread and trader joes like to throw out quite a bit of edible food.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
Lol what are you going to do, slurp up melted ice cream out of the dumpster?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Peasant

Quote:
I'm poor, hungry, and need something. I've looked and read that most places that get rid of food regularly are Pizza places, donut shops, grocery stores.

So like, if I went to Pizza Hut after hours I might get some stuff? Or the only bakery type thing we have is a Starbucks, who might toss the pastries?

Where do you guys think would be ideal for food?
mR pINK HAS BEEN UP , HE'S BEEN DOWN.... when down he's done a lot of supermarket grazing.... dress decent, go to a store walk around shop.... fill your cart eat while you shop.... drink a soda or a coffee while you shop ....walk out and abandon your cart,... i have never been called out on this ever....

On another note find soup kitchens that you can volunteer at.... you can eat while your there and it's a great place to find others in the grift, many recently released from the states hospitality. Sometimes you even might meet a desperate homless guy of similar age who will sell you his identity. Or citizens that are impressed with your altruisim and offer you legit jobs that provide other opportunities.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
My friend told me he dined and dashed once, and only once, and it was the worst experience of his life. He just felt really guilty, and it sucked, since he did say he was going out for a smoke, then some asian bitch followed him out and was screaming "YOU NO PAY, YOU NO PAY" as he sprinted away. Took a good week for him to shake that experience off. No idea why it's effected him as such.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERPINK317 View Post
mR pINK HAS BEEN UP , HE'S BEEN DOWN.... when down he's done a lot of supermarket grazing.... dress decent, go to a store walk around shop.... fill your cart eat while you shop.... drink a soda or a coffee while you shop ....walk out and abandon your cart,... i have never been called out on this ever....

On another note find soup kitchens that you can volunteer at.... you can eat while your there and it's a great place to find others in the grift, many recently released from the states hospitality. Sometimes you even might meet a desperate homless guy of similar age who will sell you his identity. Or citizens that are impressed with your altruisim and offer you legit jobs that provide other opportunities.
Well let's say I have done that before, which I haven't. I think that is awkward. I would think everyone is looking at me while I would be eating then to just leave a cart full of food and shit?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Serf

Send a message via AIM to euphoria

you have access to a computer but not food? wtf bro
Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Count

Quote:
My friend told me he dined and dashed once, and only once, and it was the worst experience of his life. He just felt really guilty, and it sucked, since he did say he was going out for a smoke, then some asian bitch followed him out and was screaming "YOU NO PAY, YOU NO PAY" as he sprinted away. Took a good week for him to shake that experience off. No idea why it's effected him as such.
Leave a $0 balance gift card on the table in the check holder then immediately leave. You can swipe them at retail stores, Michael's is the easiest.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria View Post
you have access to a computer but not food? wtf bro
Priorities, man.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Count

Quote:
Priorities, man.
Before someone else does it.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R View Post
I hear panera bread and trader joes like to throw out quite a bit of edible food.
Panera can be good, your mileage may vary. I've noticed some Panera stores will give their left over bread to homeless shelters. So if you so a truck backed up to the building near closing time, you're probably not gonna have any luck. Unless you ask the person running the shelter for a loaf. Never thought to do that.

Two other Paneras threw away as many as four or five garbage bags full of nothing but loaves of bread, bagels, and those prepackaged cakes they have. Now the employees are starting to take leftovers home.

I've heard good things about trader joes as well but I've never gone to look.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Well let's say I have done that before, which I haven't. I think that is awkward. I would think everyone is looking at me while I would be eating then to just leave a cart full of food and shit?
you eat the candy and walk around drinking a 1-liter pretending to shop

try it, it works
Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to ScaryGary Send a message via MSN to ScaryGary
Arrow Re: Dumpster diving for food.

Little Ceaser's right after they close. dumpster is filled with hot & ready's and bread sticks out the ass, most are still warm.

me and my buddies use to do this during like 50+ people parties we'd throw and still have full pizzas leftover for the next few days.

certain gas stations will just give you there donuts if it's late enough. I worked for a large coffee and donut chain at one point and they're assholes and won't even donate. we've had plenty of people ask..

get cool with someone from Subway. sometimes party subs are called in but never picked up, by the end of the night they're for whoever work there, but they're likely burnt out on the stuff and will give it to whoever.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Archduke

Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Knight

Send a message via AIM to ScaryGary Send a message via MSN to ScaryGary
Arrow Re: Dumpster diving for food.

...?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Knight

Quote:
Leave a $0 balance gift card on the table in the check holder then immediately leave. You can swipe them at retail stores, Michael's is the easiest.
My friend has done that before, it actually worked very well. Only thing is he would prefer to do it on vacation then in the area he lives in. Having a waiter recognize you the next time is not good.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned

I was going to go out tonight, but just realized it's a Friday, most places are probably open later/will have people around.

Better or worse idea, or makes no difference?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Count

Quote:
I have been wanting to try this for the longest time, since I love creme soda, but never found it anywhere. Today, my local Walmart randomly started carrying it, and for only $1. So of course, I picked up a 2L.

It was just the original flavor:

Got home, opened it, took a sip...greatest...creme soda I have ever tasted. I then checked out Wikipedia and the official site, and they have so many different flavors I want to try! I'll even order online if need be.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Banned

I just got back. Got 6 cheese breads, and 2 cinnamon wheels from a local take and bake place (Papa Murphy's) from their dumpster. I took pics, but my phone is being gay so I'll upload later.

Gonna check out Little Caesar's after it shuts down.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
That was my last dollar, you inconsiderate slut! Thanks for making me relieve that bittersweet memory. The sweet taste of a cold soda on a hot day, followed by an earth-shattering realization that those 2 quarters, 4 nickels, and 2 dimes, and 10 pennies were all I had left.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Knight

Quote:
That was my last dollar, you inconsiderate slut! Thanks for making me relieve that bittersweet memory. The sweet taste of a cold soda on a hot day, followed by an earth-shattering realization that those 2 quarters, 4 nickels, and 2 dimes, and 10 pennies were all I had left.
Must suck being poor.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Knight

holy shit man, shoplift and sell stuff for money. your poor ass is making me feel bad for you, and that cannot happen.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Knight

If that really was your last bit of money (I highly doubt it) then fill the bottle with tap water and return it to walmart. They will give you a refund and probably get a good laugh out of it.

There required to take back any grocery item if you don't like it.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureATowel View Post
holy shit man, shoplift and sell stuff for money. your poor ass is making me feel bad for you, and that cannot happen.
I've been told anything worth selling requires high tech technology and security removing devices. Things that cost money.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Knight

Quote:
If that really was your last bit of money (I highly doubt it) then fill the bottle with tap water and return it to walmart. They will give you a refund and probably get a good laugh out of it.

There required to take back any grocery item if you don't like it.

The ABSOLUTE best is, at Sam's-Club, their fresh produce/meat/deli policy is 100% satisfaction. If you DO not like your product, you return it and they will give you your money back double. Buy some $20 pork loin, eat half, return it and say it sucked and get $40.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureATowel View Post
The ABSOLUTE best is, at Sam's-Club, their fresh produce/meat/deli policy is 100% satisfaction. If you DO not like your product, you return it and they will give you your money back double. Buy some $20 pork loin, eat half, return it and say it sucked and get $40.
Wouldn't they limit how many times someone could do that?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Knight

Quote:
Wouldn't they limit how many times someone could do that?

Not sure, but you could try as much as you want. Their policy is to give 100% satisfaction on all their goods. The LEAST they will do is give you what you paid.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryGary View Post
Little Ceaser's right after they close. dumpster is filled with hot & ready's and bread sticks out the ass, most are still warm.

me and my buddies use to do this during like 50+ people parties we'd throw and still have full pizzas leftover for the next few days.

certain gas stations will just give you there donuts if it's late enough. I worked for a large coffee and donut chain at one point and they're assholes and won't even donate. we've had plenty of people ask..

get cool with someone from Subway. sometimes party subs are called in but never picked up, by the end of the night they're for whoever work there, but they're likely burnt out on the stuff and will give it to whoever.
About Little Caesar's, do they just throw them in the dumpster, or are they in bags, or..? Also, how long do you wait to make sure the employees are gone?