Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 AM
legendaryninjacutter's Avatar
legendaryninjacutter legendaryninjacutter is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: France
Thanks: 427
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Lawsuit Settlement Thread

I've been paid by every single settlement I signed up for. Seems like everyone's getting paid too. I put together all the other settlement links here so they could be accessed easily. Find the lawsuits that pertain to you of course and get your money you deserve.No proof is necessary. Enjoy!! My lawyer told me he's signing up for all of them just because....!!!!

This is kind of like winning a lottery scratch off ticket thats free and always wins!


http://www.bigclassaction.com/lawsui...ming-daily.php

http://www.gamestopsettlement.com/

http://www.brazilianblowoutsettlement.com/claim/1/

http://www.classactionrebates.com/


http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsu...it-settlements

FAQ: Making false receipts is unnecessary "nobody keeps there nuttella receipts".

Original Post below.




https://nutellaclassactionsettlement.com

can i sign up with a bunch of fake identities???

you get a free 20 off top.

Last edited by legendaryninjacutter; 08-25-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 AM
skygear's Avatar
skygear skygear is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in a tree
Thanks: 0
Thanked 585 Times in 464 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Yeah, you need addresses... But I'm going to get a few bucks from this. I buy Nutella frequently/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:23 AM
nevergiveup nevergiveup is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Whats the steps here?

if you have many email addresses, you would still put your name down for all of them?

How can this work because I buy plenty as well
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 AM
skygear's Avatar
skygear skygear is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in a tree
Thanks: 0
Thanked 585 Times in 464 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Quote:
How to Get a Payment?
You MUST submit a Claim Form either electronically or via U.S. Mail to get a payment. The deadline to submit a Claim Form is July 5, 2012. You can submit a Claim Form online by clicking on the “File a Claim” link on the left or you can submit a Claim Form by U.S. Mail. To submit a Claim Form by U.S. Mail click on the “Download a Claim Form" link on the left and follow the instructions on the form.
Quote:
Nutella Consumer Class Action Settlements

In order for you to qualify to receive payments related to the Nutella Consumer Class Action Settlements as described in the Notices of these Settlements (the "Class Notices"), you must file a Claim Form in the attached form either in paper or electronically on the Settlement Website and may need to provide certain requested documentation to substantiate your claim.
Quote:
File a Claim

Name/Address

*First Name (Claimant):
*Last Name (Claimant):
*IDENTITY OF CLAIMANT (select one):
Individual
Legal Representative
Other
*Specify:
*Current Address 1:
Current Address 2:
*City:
*State:
*Zip:
Telephone Number (Day): (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Telephone Number (Night): (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
*E-mail Address:
*Select one:
I made my purchases:
In California from August 1, 2009 to January 23, 2012
Outside of California from January 1, 2008 to February 3, 2012
*In the below dropdown, select the number of jars of Nutella that you purchased during the relevant time period. Note: You can claim a maximum of up to five (5) jars.




*Fields or sections that are required to be completed.
https://nutellaclassactionsettlement...antInformation

Follow the steps... I wouldn't use the same IP for each one either...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM
nevergiveup nevergiveup is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Californiaaaaaaaaaaa loveeeeeeee

Last edited by nevergiveup; 09-14-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 AM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

$20, thank you please.

Hell, it's even legitimate.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 AM
skygear's Avatar
skygear skygear is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in a tree
Thanks: 0
Thanked 585 Times in 464 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

5 per person - SO if you have 10 people in a house... Thats 200
friends, Family etc..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
INEEDMONEY's Avatar
INEEDMONEY INEEDMONEY is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: May 2011
Thanks: 16
Thanked 135 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Do you guys remember the rice krispies settlement? They were supposed to send us money for each box, this was over a year ago. I still havent fucking got my check from that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Derision's Avatar
Derision Derision is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: outside your window
Thanks: 358
Thanked 411 Times in 303 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMONEY View Post
Do you guys remember the rice krispies settlement? They were supposed to send us money for each box, this was over a year ago. I still havent fucking got my check from that.
I got the check from Kellogg's http://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread...light=kelloggs
__________________
[QUOTE=Communicate;3621079]I swallow my own semen probably about half the time, why would I be adverse to swallowing somebody else's if I was going to be sucking on a cock anyway?[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Define-Security's Avatar
Define-Security Define-Security is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Suburbs
Thanks: 33
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

My friend has been messing with these settlements for years. He fills out so many and its really a nice surprise when the mail comes with a $80 check you weren't expecting. He's made a ton of money of these settlements
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
nevergiveup nevergiveup is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

what if one were to just change the email address or mistaken one letter from your name?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
re1gnsupreme re1gnsupreme is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Wait, 20 bucks per jar or just 20 bucks?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
komokazi's Avatar
komokazi komokazi is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Thanks: 642
Thanked 1,402 Times in 992 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
My friend has been messing with these settlements for years. He fills out so many and its really a nice surprise when the mail comes with a $80 check you weren't expecting. He's made a ton of money of these settlements
__________________
"bleat like a fucking faggot sheep" - proots
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM
A$AP Weed Smoker A$AP Weed Smoker is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: WONTON soup;.
Thanks: 924
Thanked 954 Times in 728 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,030
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Wow, you're a bunch of greedy pigs. You don't even know what Fererro did.
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 PM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Wow, you're a bunch of greedy pigs. You don't even know what Fererro did.
...lied about its products?
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Sober's Avatar
Sober Sober is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: whorehouse
Thanks: 20
Thanked 93 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

the pool of money they have to pay out is the same no matter how many people file claims. the lawyers are the real winners in these cases.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
moonturtle's Avatar
moonturtle moonturtle is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rutherford County
Thanks: 12
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

wow that's stupid. take advantage of it
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
constantinople's Avatar
constantinople constantinople is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: saythankyoubitch
Thanks: 1,836
Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,251 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to constantinople Send a message via AIM to constantinople Send a message via MSN to constantinople Send a message via Yahoo to constantinople
Default Re: How to make thousands from this

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
5 per person - SO if you have 10 people in a house... Thats 200
friends, Family etc..
20 dolla limit per house-hold
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,030
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzyass View Post
...lied about its products?
What did they lie about?

If you expected Nutella to be anything more than tasty, sugary, and chocolatey, then you deserve exactly what you get. People need to use common sense. Clearly you and everyone else didn't suffer $500,000+ in damages.
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
What did they lie about?
They misrepresented nutritional value of their product... just as the court found. Do you have any reason to doubt the court?

Note: I'm not saying people taking advantage of this aren't greedy assholes, but that doesn't make Nutella innocent. And if Nutella made profits on sale of a product that was misrepresented, why shouldn't they have to pay damages?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
What did they lie about?

If you expected Nutella to be anything more than tasty, sugary, and chocolatey, then you deserve exactly what you get. People need to use common sense. Clearly you and everyone else didn't suffer $500,000+ in damages.
It has more to do with the company blatantly lying.

I don't eat Nutella for health reasons, but I'll be getting my legitimate $20 rebate for purchasing it over the past few years. Is it that big of a deal? No. But I'll be more or less getting my money back and companies will get a lesson on not lying to customers. Sounds like a win-win to me.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,030
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
They misrepresented nutritional value of their product... just as the court found. Do you have any reason to doubt the court?

Note: I'm not saying people taking advantage of this aren't greedy assholes, but that doesn't make Nutella innocent. And if Nutella made profits on sale of a product that was misrepresented, why shouldn't they have to pay damages?
If they actually misrepresented their product, then that would be one thing. But I find nothing in the document you provided claiming that the actual printed nutritional facts were incorrect. All I can tell is that Nutella actually marketed their products as being healthy. While this may be true, it should be the consumer's responsibility to look at the nutritional facts on the back of the label(which was placed there specifically for them).

Also, the defendant's claims also don't correspond with scientific facts. There is no good evidence that saturated fat raises cholesterol levels, and actually, there's more evidence to show that vegetable oils cause cardiovascular disease. I'd really like to see what crooked study these people cooked up that proves that, because studies haven't consistently been able to show that saturated fat raises cholesterol. Many studies in the past also used hydrogenated saturated fat, which is basically a form of trans fat.

So the only argument here is that they falsely advertised their product. But from reading this, it seems like they only omitted products that weren't necessary to sell their product.

Here's the actual commercial being cited. Skip to 1:15 to watch it.

Nowhere in that commercial do they market it as a health food. They simply claim that it's tasty. I actually have a jar of Nutella right here(I don't eat it but my girlfriend does), and it says nothing about being a health food. And looking at the back of the label, there's a little panel that says "nutrition facts" that says how much sugar and saturated fat is contained.

So yeah, I don't buy the claim that Nutella is being unreasonably deceptive. The purpose of an advertisement is to sell the product; they are only obligated to tell us the nutritional value of the product at the point of sale.

Using this logic, then virtually any food being advertised on TV should be sued for millions. Just look at all the cereals they sell on children's TV channels. We should be suing Kellog and Post for making cereals like Cookie Crisp that are full of sugar and wheat, which spikes the blood sugar and causes diabeetus. And they are also targeting children. Also, clearly they should have included the nutrition facts in the commercial, and every box of Mini Wheats should have a surgeon general's warning saying "WARNING: THIS FOOD CONTAINS SUGAR WHICH CAUSES TYPE 2 DIABEETUS".

Now I don't think that we should actually do that, but that's the point; I don't see Ferrero doing anything different from any other food service company. I think if someone is stupid enough to believe what's on TV and not what's printed on the back of the label, then they deserve whatever problems they get in life as a result.

But then there's the other shit printed on the label like "An Example of a tasty yet balanced breakfast."

Not entirely accurate, but nothing entirely misleading. Balanced doesn't necessarily mean healthy. In fact, it doesn't really mean anything. Balanced just implies a balance between taste and not being bad enough to kill you. Really, how can some Nutella on toast with orange juice and milk be any worse than jam(pure sugar) and butter(pure saturated fat) on toast?

Plus, that statement is posted right under the nutrition facts. If a grown adult doesn't understand the nutrition facts, then they are literally retarded.

It's shit like this that shows that people are fucking dolts that they can't figure out that spreading sugary chocolatey oil on their bread is bad for them. Again, you have to be a mental retard to actually think something like that is healthy for you. I thought everyone took health/nutrition in high school?

Nobody's lying here. They're not lying any more than any other company producing food with garbage such as high fructose corn syrup, wheat, safflower oil, etc. The fact that Nutella contains saturated fat and sugar is printed on the fucking label. Are people really so retarded that they can't fucking read it and they actually believe everything they hear on TV? Are you fucking kidding me(not Rust specifically)?
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

Last edited by Mutant Funk Drink; 06-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
AoxomoxoA (10-17-2013), Rust (06-29-2012), Trix Are For Kids (07-01-2012)
  #24  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Define-Security's Avatar
Define-Security Define-Security is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Suburbs
Thanks: 33
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by komokazi View Post
These checks take forever to be processed, courts and everything delay things for years sometimes. When my friend finally get the checks in the mail, its sort of a surprise because they took so long to arrive.

Not always is it money. Sometimes he gets gift cards or coupons for free merchandise. But normally he gets $70 to $200 Checks in the mail. He got $200 in free giftcards during the whole lowes drywall settlement . He loves free things....

Currently there's a sketchers settlement with no receipts or proof of purchase required.
https://skechers.action-settlement.com/
Keep your claim under $90 and they will sent it right out no questions asked, Go to $100 and they will want to verify the claim with receipts

Interstate Batteries-
Free $5 voucher by email
http://www.interstatebatteriessettlement.com/

I might post more if you guys are interested.

Also, there is a Groupon Settlement for people who bought vouchers.
https://grouponvouchersettlement.com/Home.aspx
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Akagi (06-29-2012), aquabania (06-29-2012)
  #25  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Rust Rust is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 586
Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
...
I'll admit that I hadn't seen the actual commercial before you posted it. Having seen it, I, like you, don't see that what they did merited a lawsuit. So in that sense I have to agree with you (though there could be more to it than the YouTube video suggests).

However, when you say something like "I think if someone is stupid enough to believe what's on TV and not what's printed on the back of the label, then they deserve whatever problems they get in life as a result." you seem to be saying that what matters is the label, not the advertising. Implying that even if Nutella's commercial had been blatantly dishonest, it would still be fine. There I disagree with you. The commercial matters. They make profits based on that commercial, regardless of what's printed in the label.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'll admit that I hadn't seen the actual commercial before you posted it. Having seen it, I, like you, don't see that what they did merited a lawsuit. So in that sense I have to agree with you (though there could be more to it than the YouTube video suggests).

However, when you say something like "I think if someone is stupid enough to believe what's on TV and not what's printed on the back of the label, then they deserve whatever problems they get in life as a result." you seem to be saying that what matters is the label, not the advertising. Implying that even if Nutella's commercial had been blatantly dishonest, it would still be fine. There I disagree with you. The commercial matters. They make profits based on that commercial, regardless of what's printed in the label.
Hrm, I think the case was there. I read the first few pages of the court document and the argument is basically that the commercials and label claim that it's nutritional when it's anything but.

It'd be like Nestle claiming that their products will make you lose weight and should be eaten on breakfast foods...oh wait, that's what Nutella did. Eating a Hershey's bar on your toast is about the same as spreading Nutella on it, so Nutella saying that it's a part of a "balanced breakfast" is blatantly untrue.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,030
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'll admit that I hadn't seen the actual commercial before you posted it. Having seen it, I, like you, don't see that what they did merited a lawsuit. So in that sense I have to agree with you (though there could be more to it than the YouTube video suggests).

However, when you say something like "I think if someone is stupid enough to believe what's on TV and not what's printed on the back of the label, then they deserve whatever problems they get in life as a result." you seem to be saying that what matters is the label, not the advertising. Implying that even if Nutella's commercial had been blatantly dishonest, it would still be fine. There I disagree with you. The commercial matters. They make profits based on that commercial, regardless of what's printed in the label.
Okay, I do agree that the commercial matters, but I think with Nutella it just wasn't deceptive enough to merit a lawsuit such as this. Granted, I think it's foolish for them to tread the line of implying that their product is healthy, but that should really be the only complaint of the defendant. The idea that they should advertise every single nutrition fact in their commercials is kind of silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzyass View Post
Hrm, I think the case was there. I read the first few pages of the court document and the argument is basically that the commercials and label claim that it's nutritional when it's anything but.

It'd be like Nestle claiming that their products will make you lose weight and should be eaten on breakfast foods...oh wait, that's what Nutella did. Eating a Hershey's bar on your toast is about the same as spreading Nutella on it, so Nutella saying that it's a part of a "balanced breakfast" is blatantly untrue.
That's a very different claim from the claim that it can be a part of a balanced breakfast. Again, balanced is a very ambiguous claim. What exactly is being balanced? If it's balance between healthful and unhealthful, then it would seem to me like Nutella would fit right in there. A truly healthful breakfast wouldn't need to be balanced because it's entirely healthful.

To quote a part of that case:
Quote:
This commercial is false and misleading in that it omits that: (a) the “nutritious”
and “healthy” qualities of the breakfast are derived from the other foods or drinks which are
depicted on the commercial; e.g., toast and milk
But in the commercial, the mom says "As a mom I’m a great believer in Nutella as part of a nutritious breakfast."

I don't want to get into semantics here, but theoretically, anything could be part of a nutritious breakfast. Cigarette butts can be part of an overall nutritious breakfast. In fact, something could be nutritious and still contain shit like sugar that is bad for you.

I don't see how the claim that "Nutella can be a part of a nutritious/balanced breakfast" has any similarity to the claim that "Nestle chocolate bars will make you lose weight."
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

Last edited by Mutant Funk Drink; 06-29-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Tachosomoza Tachosomoza is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a hoveround.
Thanks: 1,884
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Wow, you're a bunch of greedy pigs. You don't even know what Fererro did.
See the forum you're in?

Also, I've never seen so much nerd shit in a BI thread.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Akagi's Avatar
Akagi Akagi is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 106
Thanked 294 Times in 192 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
I might post more if you guys are interested.
I'm interested.
__________________
Totse Username: Dark_Magneto
Join Date: 2000-10-20
Total Posts: 8,203
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Malice's Avatar
Malice Malice is offline
Cat Fucker
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Thanks: 572
Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,757 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
Currently there's a sketchers settlement with no receipts or proof of purchase required.
https://skechers.action-settlement.com/
Keep your claim under $90 and they will sent it right out no questions asked, Go to $100 and they will want to verify the claim with receipts :mad
Question!

Quote:
Please note: If you submit a claim where the amount sought exceeds $200, the Settlement Administrator may request proof of purchase to validate your claim. If the total amount of all claims submitted by all class members exceeds the total available relief, subject to any and all applicable deductions, the Settlement Administrator may request proof of purchase to validate your claim.
It says it has to exceed $200. I hope the total amount doesn't exceed the total relief. Hmm, in that case they may only request that people with claims over x amount send in proof and it may be better to go low. Do you think it will exceed it?

Should we just forge proof of purchases? They likely won't/can't verify it, right?

Shit, don't post anything forged here or something that could be used to forge proof of purchases. Of course there are easy easy ways to distribute such a thing anonymously.
__________________
“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

Last edited by Malice; 06-29-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Bradley's Avatar
Bradley Bradley is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Thanks: 818
Thanked 950 Times in 608 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Bradley
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Question!

Please note: If you submit a claim where the amount sought exceeds $200, the Settlement Administrator may request proof of purchase to validate your claim. If the total amount of all claims submitted by all class members exceeds the total available relief, subject to any and all applicable deductions, the Settlement Administrator may request proof of purchase to validate your claim.

It says it has to exceed $200. I hope the total amount doesn't exceed the total relief. Hmm, in that case they may only request that people with claims over x amount send in proof and it may be better to go low. Do you think it will exceed it?

Should we just forge proof of purchases? They likely won't/can't verify it, right?
Watch Unwyred is reading this, makes one phone call, your IP gets traced, and you go down for insurance fraud and now forgery ...
__________________
i talked to Hitler yesterday, its ok to be gay everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Tachosomoza Tachosomoza is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a hoveround.
Thanks: 1,884
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Not insurance fraud.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Sober's Avatar
Sober Sober is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: whorehouse
Thanks: 20
Thanked 93 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

no one saves there nuttella receipts
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 AM
aquabania's Avatar
aquabania aquabania is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: your moms basement
Thanks: 696
Thanked 702 Times in 416 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define-Security View Post
My friend has been messing with these settlements for years. He fills out so many and its really a nice surprise when the mail comes with a $80 check you weren't expecting. He's made a ton of money of these settlements
Is there a good website for keeping tabs on settlements?
__________________
THANKS BUTTON IS OVER THERE FAGGOT ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:25 AM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Funk Drink View Post
Okay, I do agree that the commercial matters, but I think with Nutella it just wasn't deceptive enough to merit a lawsuit such as this. Granted, I think it's foolish for them to tread the line of implying that their product is healthy, but that should really be the only complaint of the defendant. The idea that they should advertise every single nutrition fact in their commercials is kind of silly to me.



That's a very different claim from the claim that it can be a part of a balanced breakfast. Again, balanced is a very ambiguous claim. What exactly is being balanced? If it's balance between healthful and unhealthful, then it would seem to me like Nutella would fit right in there. A truly healthful breakfast wouldn't need to be balanced because it's entirely healthful.

To quote a part of that case:


But in the commercial, the mom says "As a mom I’m a great believer in Nutella as part of a nutritious breakfast."

I don't want to get into semantics here, but theoretically, anything could be part of a nutritious breakfast. Cigarette butts can be part of an overall nutritious breakfast. In fact, something could be nutritious and still contain shit like sugar that is bad for you.

I don't see how the claim that "Nutella can be a part of a nutritious/balanced breakfast" has any similarity to the claim that "Nestle chocolate bars will make you lose weight."
And that's probably the argument that the defendant made, I'm sure. Ultimately though, if you have to engage in semantics to prove you weren't being deceptive, then you probably were being deceptive.

Sure, cigarette butts could be a small component of an otherwise healthy breakfast; but the commercial wasn't an exercise in rhetoric, it was portraying the product as healthy itself. You can argue that it wasn't through semantics, sure. But then the company would do that...why? There is no motivation to do that, but there is motivation in making people think it's a healthy product.

Therefore, the argument that it was deceptive is a solid one. The wording was ambiguous, of course. It had to be, because what the ambiguity was implying is a falsehood. The lawsuit is valid.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 AM
aquabania's Avatar
aquabania aquabania is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: your moms basement
Thanks: 696
Thanked 702 Times in 416 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

WOW WHO GIVES A FUCK IF IT'S VALID OR NOT THIS ISN'T ETHICS CLASS OR BIBLE STUDY

just give me my fucking dollars
__________________
THANKS BUTTON IS OVER THERE FAGGOT ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Tachosomoza Tachosomoza is offline
Significantly Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In a hoveround.
Thanks: 1,884
Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,744 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Zoklet would be boring without our little debate team. BI isn't the place for it though.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Mutant Funk Drink's Avatar
Mutant Funk Drink Mutant Funk Drink is offline
Grand Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 3,030
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

That's true, it's fucking Bad Ideas. LOL
__________________
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Define-Security's Avatar
Define-Security Define-Security is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Suburbs
Thanks: 33
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice View Post
Question!

It says it has to exceed $200. I hope the total amount doesn't exceed the total relief. Hmm, in that case they may only request that people with claims over x amount send in proof and it may be better to go low. Do you think it will exceed it?

Should we just forge proof of purchases? They likely won't/can't verify it, right?

Shit, don't post anything forged here or something that could be used to forge proof of purchases. Of course there are easy easy ways to distribute such a thing anonymously.
As I was told, people who sent in claims over the $100 mark got emails asking for proof of purchase receipts. It would be better to keep the claims near $80-$90.

If you have access to a PO box or another address, someone could make claims in other names and use a atm with check deposit. BOFA atms don't check the names on checks and I'm sure other banks do the same.

As for falsifying receipts, Amazon sells skechers. Use Photoshop or something and you could generate a fake receipt from that. Zappos also sells them online....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Define-Security's Avatar
Define-Security Define-Security is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Suburbs
Thanks: 33
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: How to make thousands from this(nutella settlements)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyB93 View Post
Watch Unwyred is reading this, makes one phone call, your IP gets traced, and you go down for insurance fraud and now forgery ...
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Bradley (06-29-2012), HampTheToker (07-02-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lawsuit, make, settlement, settlements, thisnutella, thousands

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy settlement? Liquid Mercury Bad Ideas 6 06-16-2012 03:04 AM
Settlement in Sony vs GeoHot case zuperxtreme This Just In! 0 04-11-2011 10:01 PM
Designing a Space Settlement abc Math, Science, and Engineering 7 06-19-2009 01:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.