Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > Religion and Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Esker Esker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grylls' house
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Frown I can't accept death.

I just can't do it.

Am I supposed to live my entire life distracting myself from the fact that one day I'm going to cease to exist?

Why do we work? Why do we have fun? Why do we do anything?

It's all.. meaningless. I could go around killing people or I could live like Mother Teresa and the outcome would be exactly the same. I'll be fucking dead.

TL;DR - I don't know what to do with myself.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 AM
trippymindfuk trippymindfuk is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 859
Thanks: 703
Thanked 148 Times in 115 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

You must accept it...it's life, dude!
__________________
Uncircumsized between ya mom's thighs, that's right, with a face like Michael Myers
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Duke Zion (02-04-2013)
  #3  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Blunderstar's Avatar
Blunderstar Blunderstar is offline
Igor Deckman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanks: 2,459
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,721 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Thou hath already accepted it, with the death of your previous account.
__________________
Fiancée beauty ratings: Unwyred-4/10, panthrax-2/10, Snoopy-1/10
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
HampTheToker (02-03-2013)
  #4  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Esker Esker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grylls' house
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Placate me, people.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 AM
I Kill Null Airtime I Kill Null Airtime is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 3,572
Thanked 581 Times in 357 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

I know the feeling. That's why the entertainment industry is so huge. Most of what we do is a distraction to make us forgot that one day we'll be dead. Religions are to comfort us by giving us something to look forward to and make death less mysterious, also probably helps to keep order. I have more to say but I'm on my phone. Do what makes you happy because as far as we know we only have one life. Go travel and see/experience nature and other cultures.
__________________
super cheap NOOPEPT, PICAMILON, and ADRAFINIL for sale here http://zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=254227
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 AM
&Zenith's Avatar
&Zenith &Zenith is offline
Loki
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boeing Obamacopter
Thanks: 1,751
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Meaninglessness is empowering as you are free to create and assign your own arbitrary meaning and value in your life.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 AM
ObscuredByClouds's Avatar
ObscuredByClouds ObscuredByClouds is offline
welcome to the machine
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rubacava
Thanks: 694
Thanked 931 Times in 520 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esker View Post
I just can't do it.

Am I supposed to live my entire life distracting myself from the fact that one day I'm going to cease to exist?
That's pretty much what everyone does, yes. Although there is more emphasis on the "distraction" part of it, as a lot of people (myself included) don't think about death on a regular basis.

Quote:
Why do we work? Why do we have fun? Why do we do anything?
If I knew the answer to that, I would definitely be in a different place than I am right now. Here's a hint, though:

Literally no one has any idea whatsoever about what we're here for for sure. The thing is, you know as much as I and the rest of the world. Nothing is certain. This means that whatever you believe to be the meaning for life, the reason why we're here, no one can tell you that it's wrong, because they don't know any better themselves. No one does. That why I think it's so cool.

Quote:
It's all.. meaningless. I could go around killing people or I could live like Mother Teresa and the outcome would be exactly the same. I'll be fucking dead.
Yes, you got it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 AM
HMC's Avatar
HMC HMC is offline
Shinin Ho
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the rooftop
Thanks: 961
Thanked 805 Times in 569 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

You obviously havent really lived. Im not denying anything you said, but once you have had a few near death experiences you will appreciate your life and the ones around you much more.

And im not talking about shit like "OMgZZ I liek almost got in a car accident!!1Oneone!!!!".

I dont know much about you but you probably dont get out much. Quit barricading yourself in your room/basement and get the fuck out. Meet some people, do some crazy (but reasonable) stuff, and live your mother fucking life. Im not trying to be an asshole, but ive seen and talked to plenty like you.

To me I am living in the moment. Of course I have my future moooostly planned out, but for the most part I live day by day.

Most everyone has the same realization in some way, shape, or form. So quit being a whiny little faggot about it, accept the fact, and move on. Its worse than staying hung up on a stupid girlfriend.

Again, im not trying to be an asshole, but people cant get through to you guys with the fluffy sugarcoated advice.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:09 AM
nshanin's Avatar
nshanin nshanin is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 545 Times in 404 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
This means that whatever you believe to be the meaning for life, the reason why we're here, no one can tell you that it's wrong, because they don't know any better themselves. No one does. That why I think it's so cool.
If a person's reason for being here is to sleep, mate, eat, and defend his territory--then it's up to that person to be an animal, and nobody can tell them that it's wrong; still, we do not usually say that such people have truly lived and there is usually very little of substance about these people.
__________________
Four friends agree to be silent. The first one speaks. The second
is surprised, "We are not supposed to say a word". "You two
are stupid. Why did you talk?" "I am the only one who has not talked"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:14 AM
ObscuredByClouds's Avatar
ObscuredByClouds ObscuredByClouds is offline
welcome to the machine
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rubacava
Thanks: 694
Thanked 931 Times in 520 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshanin View Post
If a person's reason for being here is to sleep, mate, eat, and defend his territory--then it's up to that person to be an animal, and nobody can tell them that it's wrong; still, we do not usually say that such people have truly lived and there is usually very little of substance about these people.
"We" do not say that such people have "truly lived"? Who is "we" and what do you mean by "truly lived"?

You mean "have adventures?" At which point does a person of "very little substance" become someone who has "truly lived?" After 10 adventures? After 20?

Just because someone is living life in a way that you disagree with, doesn't mean they haven't "truly lived" or are of little substance, objectively. To you, yes, sure, but you're being judgemental and looking down on people who are different than you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 AM
nshanin's Avatar
nshanin nshanin is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 545 Times in 404 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds View Post
"We" do not say that such people have "truly lived"? Who is "we" and what do you mean by "truly lived"?

You mean "have adventures?" At which point does a person of "very little substance" become someone who has "truly lived?" After 10 adventures? After 20?

Just because someone is living life in a way that you disagree with, doesn't mean they haven't "truly lived" or are of little substance, objectively. To you, yes, sure, but you're being judgemental and looking down on people who are different than you.
It's not about adventures at all; you cannot say what it is that is meaningful but that doesn't mean that others can't come to a consensus. The consensus is that we are reborn and are here to learn why this happened to us; of course, this totally screws up your convenient worldview but it is based in the experiences of many people and the recorded evidence.

Quote:
[An intelligent man] knows that he is dying at every second and that the final touch will be given as soon as his term of life is finished. He therefore prepares himself for the next life or for liberation from the disease of repeated birth and death.
A foolish man, however, does not know that this human form of life is obtained after a series of births and deaths imposed in the past by the laws of nature. He does not know that a living entity is an eternal being, who has no birth and death. Birth, death, old age, and disease are external impositions on a living entity and are due to his contact with material nature and to his forgetfulness of his eternal, godly nature and qualitative oneness with the Absolute Whole.
Human life provides the opportunity to know this eternal fact, or truth. Thus the very beginning of the Vedänta-sütra advises that because we have this valuable form of human life, it is our duty-now-to inquire, What is Brahman, the Absolute Truth?
__________________
Four friends agree to be silent. The first one speaks. The second
is surprised, "We are not supposed to say a word". "You two
are stupid. Why did you talk?" "I am the only one who has not talked"
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ObscuredByClouds (02-03-2013)
  #12  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 AM
ObscuredByClouds's Avatar
ObscuredByClouds ObscuredByClouds is offline
welcome to the machine
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rubacava
Thanks: 694
Thanked 931 Times in 520 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshanin View Post
It's not about adventures at all; you cannot say what it is that is meaningful but that doesn't mean that others can't come to a consensus. The consensus is that we are reborn and are here to learn why this happened to us; of course, this totally screws up your convenient worldview but it is based in the experiences of many people and the recorded evidence.
I didn't think about it like that, that's actually really cool. Where is that quote from?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 AM
nshanin's Avatar
nshanin nshanin is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 545 Times in 404 Posts
Thumbs Up Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds View Post
I didn't think about it like that, that's actually really cool. Where is that quote from?
http://scienceofselfrealization.com/
__________________
Four friends agree to be silent. The first one speaks. The second
is surprised, "We are not supposed to say a word". "You two
are stupid. Why did you talk?" "I am the only one who has not talked"
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ObscuredByClouds (02-03-2013)
  #14  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 AM
Momma's Secret's Avatar
Momma's Secret Momma's Secret is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

I find that interesting. I have no fear of death, I'm ready for it. I'm not suicidal, but I feel like I've had a full and satisfying life. I've traveled a lot, raised children to adulthood, loved and been loved, have had many (MANY!) interesting experiences - enough for a lifetime.

I'm happy, but if I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I wouldn't be concerned about it. It'd be kind of nice to have a head's up and be able to put your affairs in order before you go.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Unspell (02-05-2013)
  #15  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 AM
Swav's Avatar
Swav Swav is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

You dont need to accept death, he will get you in the end regardless....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
SoulButter's Avatar
SoulButter SoulButter is offline
Joint Chief of Soul
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thanks: 677
Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 501 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

There was a time in my life where I embraced it, hell, even challenged it. I'd like death to keep its distance for now though.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
HMC (02-03-2013)
  #17  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM
&Zenith's Avatar
&Zenith &Zenith is offline
Loki
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boeing Obamacopter
Thanks: 1,751
Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,648 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMC View Post
You obviously havent really lived. Im not denying anything you said, but once you have had a few near death experiences you will appreciate your life and the ones around you much more.
Speak for yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM
DJ Meaty Cheeks's Avatar
DJ Meaty Cheeks DJ Meaty Cheeks is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Far out
Thanks: 753
Thanked 817 Times in 601 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

But death accepts you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Jim Strongcock Jim Strongcock is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: jersey
Thanks: 24
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Strongcock Send a message via MSN to Jim Strongcock
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esker View Post
I just can't do it.

Am I supposed to live my entire life distracting myself from the fact that one day I'm going to cease to exist?

Why do we work? Why do we have fun? Why do we do anything?

It's all.. meaningless. I could go around killing people or I could live like Mother Teresa and the outcome would be exactly the same. I'll be fucking dead.

TL;DR - I don't know what to do with myself.
Dude, you need to accept that it will happen, then forget about it and do exactly what you god damn feel like. It's just wasting time the best way possible until all that time runs out. It will happen whether you like it or not.

If you can't change it, why be bitter about it? Now apply that thought to everything in life. It's like when you know you're fucked. What good does it do to be negative about it? It's happening. You just have to take it. Make that shit positive.

Oh, and there's probably something in you mind about the "Past". Yeah, fuck all that too. Why worry about the past? That already happened. Fuck it.
__________________
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.-Jim Morrison
rip&t '89-'09 you will be missed
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 AM
HMC's Avatar
HMC HMC is offline
Shinin Ho
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the rooftop
Thanks: 961
Thanked 805 Times in 569 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by &Zenith View Post
Speak for yourself.
It da truff.

Seriously, all the emo faggy kids are the ones who got all the video games they wanted and cars when they were 16. Hipster douche fags are the grown up version, which will eventually lead to heroin addicts who give rimjobs for money.

Most of the people who post FML anything are the ones who never had ANY bumps or curves in their lives. The ones who have been through shit are the ones that are more humble and overall much happier with their lives.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 AM
is all mememememe with me's Avatar
is all mememememe with me is all mememememe with me is offline
Selfish Cunt
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: back from the dead
Thanks: 2,637
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,598 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

you seriously need to murder/suicide. you know what they say, the best way to deal with your fears are to confront them. murder/suicide dude, murder/suicide. you know it makes sense.


.
__________________
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:14 AM
p6867's Avatar
p6867 p6867 is offline
LongDickHipHopPerfection
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: thizz or die
Thanks: 2,443
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,412 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Death accepts us all, whether we accept him or not.

This is the problem with our generation, we've realized that the only thing waiting on the other side is oblivion but aren't technologically advanced enough to do anything about that yet.
__________________
You have read one of my posts. Congratulations, Zoklet user, on this daring decision to better yourself.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Blunderstar (02-03-2013), Zanick (02-03-2013)
  #23  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Gollum's Avatar
Gollum Gollum is offline
Sméagol
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Middle Earth
Thanks: 2,885
Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,425 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Death will come anyway. You can postpone, not stop it.

Ironically, stressing about death enough will lead to health problems that may bring it sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Oct's Avatar
Oct Oct is offline
cunt
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Korova Milk bar
Thanks: 966
Thanked 1,122 Times in 843 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

The best time to think about it is when you're alone in bed. Just think, "i will die, and the chances are i'll be all alone".

Trust me this will make you feel better.
__________________
"That man of loneliness and mystery.
Scarce to seem to smile, and seldom heard to sigh"
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
I Kill Null Airtime (02-03-2013)
  #25  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Obbe's Avatar
Obbe Obbe is offline
A Light Shining in Darkness
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Now
Thanks: 923
Thanked 1,108 Times in 815 Posts
Grin Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esker View Post
TL;DR - I don't know what to do with myself.
Do this: When you're tired, sleep. When you're hungry, eat.

Know this: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.

Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

Change: Know that nothing stays the same.
__________________
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies.
&T
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
aZerOne (02-03-2013)
  #26  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
aZerOne aZerOne is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: May 2010
Thanks: 90
Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Life is not linear, we only perceive time that way, view Life from another angle and maybe it will help you with your fear of death. You weren't scared before you were born, infact I bet you were pissed as hell when you popped out of that vag all cryin, cold and shit..



Quote:
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

What if after you die, that's when "Life" Really begins?

Quote:
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
__________________
13 12 3 7 7
&T
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 PM
is all mememememe with me's Avatar
is all mememememe with me is all mememememe with me is offline
Selfish Cunt
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: back from the dead
Thanks: 2,637
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,598 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

knowing that when i die the whole universe and everything in it will cease to exist helps me face the fact that i will die.


.
__________________
"I have gone through the mental exercise of spending a lifetime in prison and of dying for this cause. I have let the fear pass through me and with clarity commit myself fully to the mission and values outlined in the Silk Road charter". - DPR
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM
NamelessNom4d's Avatar
NamelessNom4d NamelessNom4d is offline
Procrastination Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Thanks: 950
Thanked 720 Times in 515 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

embrace oblivion, we must all go there eventually
__________________
---------- ------------
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Oct's Avatar
Oct Oct is offline
cunt
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Korova Milk bar
Thanks: 966
Thanked 1,122 Times in 843 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Until you accept that one day you will die you will never truly be free
__________________
"That man of loneliness and mystery.
Scarce to seem to smile, and seldom heard to sigh"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM
-Fuck- -Fuck- is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Thanks: 303
Thanked 436 Times in 292 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Strongcock View Post
Dude, you need to accept that it will happen, then forget about it and do exactly what you god damn feel like. It will happen whether you like it or not.

It's happening. You just have to take it.

That's not true. A valid study and practice of inedia/fasting/breatharianism and experimentation with such a subject, as well as tantric sexual and fitness rituals guarantee a lifetime of health, longevity, immortality.

While you will be envied, hated and scorned by the dregs of society, like every witch, sage, or Jesus in the past, hey, after they murder you, you can try to avoid them in your next life time.



Mony Vital is a great author on immortality btw.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
meateor's Avatar
meateor meateor is offline
Rent-a-Friend: $.99/post
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Death's Icy Grasp
Thanks: 241
Thanked 818 Times in 550 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Prove to me that death = the cessation of existence.

There's your answer.
__________________
I'd appreciate it if you all stopped swearing, okay?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Esker Esker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grylls' house
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Thanks for the replies everyone, unfortunately I can't officially thank posts yet, but I'll definitely make sure to do so when I hit 50 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Kill Null Airtime View Post
I know the feeling. That's why the entertainment industry is so huge. Most of what we do is a distraction to make us forgot that one day we'll be dead. Religions are to comfort us by giving us something to look forward to and make death less mysterious, also probably helps to keep order. I have more to say but I'm on my phone. Do what makes you happy because as far as we know we only have one life. Go travel and see/experience nature and other cultures.
That's what entertainment is; you watch an episode of a sitcom, you play a video game, you watch a movie, all you're doing is focusing on something other than your own life for a short period of time.

As for the God thing, I'm an Atheist, which I believe makes me stronger, because I'm self reliant and don't believe some imaginary pixie in the sky will take care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by &Zenith View Post
Meaninglessness is empowering as you are free to create and assign your own arbitrary meaning and value in your life.
Yeah. I guess you have to find what's right for you, I think I need to get proactive about this and start giving my life meaning sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds View Post
Literally no one has any idea whatsoever about what we're here for for sure. The thing is, you know as much as I and the rest of the world.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nshanin View Post
Uhh thanks, but yeah, not my kinda thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
Death accepts us all, whether we accept him or not.

This is the problem with our generation, we've realized that the only thing waiting on the other side is oblivion but aren't technologically advanced enough to do anything about that yet.
Very true.

I actually think that 90 percent of relgious followers (deep down) don't actually believe in God, they just use their "beliefs" to distract themselves from the futility of life.

This may sound strange, but I wish I could believe in God. I just want to bury my head in the sand and believe that death isn't really the end. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct View Post
The best time to think about it is when you're alone in bed. Just think, "i will die, and the chances are i'll be all alone".

Trust me this will make you feel better.
Not helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meateor View Post
Prove to me that death = the cessation of existence.

There's your answer.
You're a moron.

Last edited by Esker; 02-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 AM
nshanin's Avatar
nshanin nshanin is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 545 Times in 404 Posts
Confused Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esker View Post
You're a moron.
No seriously, what makes you think that death is the cessation of existence? It might be worth pondering what it would mean if this body was just a temporary vessel for "you".
__________________
Four friends agree to be silent. The first one speaks. The second
is surprised, "We are not supposed to say a word". "You two
are stupid. Why did you talk?" "I am the only one who has not talked"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 AM
Nachismo Nachismo is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Home
Thanks: 544
Thanked 359 Times in 265 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Hey Esker, do you think finite causes can have infinite effects?
__________________
The end of all our exploring,
Will be to arrive where we started,
And know the place for the first time....T.S. Eliot

Last edited by Nachismo; 02-04-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Duke Zion's Avatar
Duke Zion Duke Zion is offline
Grander Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Zoklet
Thanks: 2,069
Thanked 1,713 Times in 1,284 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Its best to not think about it and find.something in life that makes u truly happy and live for yourself not other people, this way when u go u wont live with regret of wasted time.
__________________
Somehow everything's gonna fall right into place, if we only had a way to make it fall faster everyday.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
OCSechs's Avatar
OCSechs OCSechs is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanks: 32
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quite a few years ago I began rethinking what the term "everlasting life" might mean. The simplest way to define it is what you pass down to others you have contact with. Right now it seems you are only considering "I". But what can you give to others, that they might give to others, that they might give to others . . .

It may be considering life lived a through current and subsequent generations that you might find meaning. (?)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Casual Hitler's Avatar
Casual Hitler Casual Hitler is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Argentina
Thanks: 299
Thanked 56 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Death is not a wall, it's a door. Accept and embrace it.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Lucifereus's Avatar
Lucifereus Lucifereus is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: May 2010
Thanks: 175
Thanked 89 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Because your life is a reverberation of energy and it is fascinating to learn as many things as you can while you are alive. This is the age of genetically modified genes so many of us might live a couple hundred years..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 AM
p6867's Avatar
p6867 p6867 is offline
LongDickHipHopPerfection
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: thizz or die
Thanks: 2,443
Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,412 Posts
Default Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshanin View Post
No seriously, what makes you think that death is the cessation of existence? It might be worth pondering what it would mean if this body was just a temporary vessel for "you".
All the data we currently have is that what we call consciousness is merely our interpretation of the chemical reactions we call life. What we call consciousness is an evolutionarily selected for preservation tool of this chemical reaction that allows it to self replicate and preserve itself better. Upon the cessation of the chemical reaction, consciousness has no further function or means of sustenance.
__________________
You have read one of my posts. Congratulations, Zoklet user, on this daring decision to better yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:06 PM
nshanin's Avatar
nshanin nshanin is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 545 Times in 404 Posts
Exclamation Re: I can't accept death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
All the data we currently have is that what we call consciousness is merely our interpretation of the chemical reactions we call life.
This cannot be true since there is actually lots of data indicating that consciousness remains after death; who do you mean by "we" (am I included)?
Here are some data points followed by quotes from skeptics about data of this type:

NDEs are contrary to biophysical and physiological knowledge
Many recorded case studies of verifiable facts allegedly obtained from the afterlife
Quote:
Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire and a fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI) has said that he agrees remote viewing has been proven using the normal standards of science, but that the bar of evidence needs to be much higher for outlandish claims that will revolutionize the world, and thus he remains unconvinced:
"I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven, but begs the question: do we need higher standards of evidence when we study the paranormal? I think we do. (...) if I said that a UFO had just landed, you'd probably want a lot more evidence. Because remote viewing is such an outlandish claim that will revolutionize [sic] the world, we need overwhelming evidence before we draw any conclusions. Right now we don't have that evidence." Richard Wiseman Daily Mail, January 28, 2008, pp 28-29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing
In fact, Professor Wiseman was speaking about more than simply remote viewing. In this clarification he explains that he was also referring to Ganzfeld experiments and other forms of ESP.
Quote:
Skeptic Ray Hyman in his 1995 article "Evaluation of Program on Anomalous Mental Phenomena" admits that the results of remote viewing and Ganzfeld experiments have demonstrated statistically significant effects. However, he implies there could be unknown methodological flaws in the experiments. This demonstrates a double standard because in no other field of science would a positive experimental result be criticized because there might be sources of errors that no one can think of. It is impossible for any scientist to defend his work against that type of criticism.
You will have to tell me what you mean by "no data" since there is so much data that skeptical people admit there is enough data.
Quote:
back in 1951 psychologist Donald Hebb wrote this:
"Why do we not accept ESP as a psychological fact? Rhine has offered enough evidence to have convinced us on almost any other issue... Personally, I do not accept ESP for a moment, because it does not make sense. My external criteria, both of physics and of physiology, say that ESP is not a fact despite the behavioral evidence that has been reported. I cannot see what other basis my colleagues have for rejecting it... Rhine may still turn out to be right, improbable as I think that is, and my own rejection of his view is -- in the literal sense -- prejudice."

Quote:
Originally Posted by p6867 View Post
What we call consciousness is an evolutionarily selected for preservation tool of this chemical reaction that allows it to self replicate and preserve itself better. Upon the cessation of the chemical reaction, consciousness has no further function or means of sustenance.
You can find the above quotes here:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8...l_misdirection
Maybe the thesis you posted is reasonable, but what does it say about the data presented above? Saying that there is no data is equivalent to saying one prefers to ignore empirical evidence when it conflicts with one's beliefs.

Quote:
If, then, parapsychology and modern science are incompatible, why not reject parapsychology? ...The choice is between believing in something "truly revolutionary" and "radically contradictory to contemporary thought" and believing in the occurrence of fraud and self-delusion. Which is more reasonable?
Fortunately, science is trying to catch up; even if this is only due to other considerations: Just recently researchers reintroduced a mechanism for the persistence of consciousness involving QM:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/qua...-1226507452687
__________________
Four friends agree to be silent. The first one speaks. The second
is surprised, "We are not supposed to say a word". "You two
are stupid. Why did you talk?" "I am the only one who has not talked"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
accept, death

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ability to not accept thanks neg.z Rejected 16 04-10-2012 03:17 PM
I cannot accept death Captain Falcon The Inhumane Condition 58 02-13-2011 06:31 PM
I cannot accept meth Sir Cornwell Bat Country 9 01-15-2011 10:25 PM
I accept it, I just want to know *why* Uca Pissin' Each Other Off 43 04-01-2010 05:41 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.