Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry > From Seed to Smoke

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
CrazyJoe's Avatar
CrazyJoe CrazyJoe is offline
Weed
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ur mamas
Thanks: 659
Thanked 228 Times in 175 Posts
Question Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Would it be feasible to grow Mary much like a regular house plant? Put it in a pot with good soil, keep it watered just as much as is necessary, and keep it in a sunny room.

Is there anything wrong with that? Will the buds be a significantly lower quality than if I were to use a grow box? Are there any other things I should consider or take heed of if I were to do this?
  #2  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Lysergic Rain Lysergic Rain is offline
daily moisturizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 379
Thanked 340 Times in 176 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

I doubt it. Marijuana needs more light then what you can provide naturally in a house.
  #3  
Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM
CrazyJoe's Avatar
CrazyJoe CrazyJoe is offline
Weed
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ur mamas
Thanks: 659
Thanked 228 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

I'll have to bite the bullet and get some supplies then.

Any recommendations for a cheap setup?
  #4  
Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Lysergic Rain Lysergic Rain is offline
daily moisturizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 379
Thanked 340 Times in 176 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

This is what I plan on doing

http://www.rollitup.org/indoor-growi...grow-must.html

The guy bought two plastic boxes at walmart, stacked them, turned it into a pretty sick grow box. Very stealth.
  #5  
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Herpy Derpy Herpy Derpy is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 86
Thanked 154 Times in 122 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysergic Rain View Post
This is what I plan on doing

http://www.rollitup.org/indoor-growi...grow-must.html

The guy bought two plastic boxes at walmart, stacked them, turned it into a pretty sick grow box. Very stealth.
Execpt for the light coming out of the back and the wires running inside of it.
  #6  
Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Lysergic Rain Lysergic Rain is offline
daily moisturizer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 379
Thanked 340 Times in 176 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

it would be very easy to hide all that or hang up clothes in the closest or something
  #7  
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 AM
IcWP IcWP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoe View Post
I'll have to bite the bullet and get some supplies then.

Any recommendations for a cheap setup?
If your comfortable with it, you can do the Ebay route. You can get 400 watt HPS/MH light setups for between 150-200 dollars which is a pretty reasonable price. The conversion bulb is nice too because the HPS is good for the vegetative stage while the MH is good for the flowering.

However, you really need to do A LOT more research if you want to have a half-decent grow. Just read up on as many grow guides as you can.
  #8  
Old 04-29-2009, 04:08 AM
Vigilante's Avatar
Vigilante Vigilante is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks: 536
Thanked 426 Times in 282 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

I have to disagree. While I personally would prefer an indoors grow-op, or a greenhouse like set-up.. I can't deny the potency and quality bud that has come strictly from outdoor growing. I'm not sure about growing it like a "regular" house plant though. Like previously mentioned, alot of sunlight is needed. Basically, if you have a big enough pot to support the root system of a full size plant (varies depending the strain).. and have a single big enough light to serve at night, and let the plant out to get sunlight during the day.. moderately watering only when the soil is dry, and small amounts of fertilizer.. I don't see why you couldnt grow your herb.. Not as efficient as more sophisticated methods, but I'm sure it will grow.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
CrazyJoe (04-30-2009), Speedy (04-29-2009)
  #9  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Speedy Speedy is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central FL, USA
Thanks: 230
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Speedy
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife View Post
I have to disagree. While I personally would prefer an indoors grow-op, or a greenhouse like set-up.. I can't deny the potency and quality bud that has come strictly from outdoor growing. I'm not sure about growing it like a "regular" house plant though. Like previously mentioned, alot of sunlight is needed. Basically, if you have a big enough pot to support the root system of a full size plant (varies depending the strain).. and have a single big enough light to serve at night, and let the plant out to get sunlight during the day.. moderately watering only when the soil is dry, and small amounts of fertilizer.. I don't see why you couldnt grow your herb.. Not as efficient as more sophisticated methods, but I'm sure it will grow.
its called a "weed" for a reason
__________________
totse username: ruggishbone
we miss u &T
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
CrazyJoe (04-30-2009)
  #10  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:30 PM
The Happiest Little Nug The Happiest Little Nug is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In your Bubbler
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

You wont get quite the harvest of an over fertilized, high intensity 18/6 light cycle, hydroponically grown plant would produce, but hell you'd save a lot of money and stress not buying and setting up all that shit.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
CrazyJoe (04-30-2009)
  #11  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
mysticalmushroom mysticalmushroom is offline
Mud Farmer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

i would like to state that i am currently growing a plant just like any common house plant. all i have done is germinate my seeds in acup of water untill they sprouted then put in a pot with mircle grow potting soil and the plant is growin nicely. i bring it outside during the day to get sun light then bring it in at night thats all nothin special done...
  #12  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
The Creator of Life The Creator of Life is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 1,220
Thanked 91 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
I have to disagree. While I personally would prefer an indoors grow-op, or a greenhouse like set-up.. I can't deny the potency and quality bud that has come strictly from outdoor growing. I'm not sure about growing it like a "regular" house plant though. Like previously mentioned, alot of sunlight is needed. Basically, if you have a big enough pot to support the root system of a full size plant (varies depending the strain).. and have a single big enough light to serve at night, and let the plant out to get sunlight during the day.. moderately watering only when the soil is dry, and small amounts of fertilizer.. I don't see why you couldnt grow your herb.. Not as efficient as more sophisticated methods, but I'm sure it will grow.
gtfo wit dat outdoor shit
__________________
a good place could be right in front of you
  #13  
Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Ch0ppy's Avatar
Ch0ppy Ch0ppy is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Thanks: 79
Thanked 126 Times in 107 Posts
Mad Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalmushroom View Post
i would like to state that i am currently growing a plant just like any common house plant. all i have done is germinate my seeds in acup of water untill they sprouted then put in a pot with mircle grow potting soil and the plant is growin nicely. i bring it outside during the day to get sun light then bring it in at night thats all nothin special done...
That shit is horrible for weed.


And why the fuck do mud farmers keep bumping old shit.
__________________
(631): I mean, we do coke and have sex occasionally...I wouldn't call that a relationship
  #14  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Ph0x Ph0x is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Big Empty
Thanks: 2,179
Thanked 1,258 Times in 843 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

The only miracle about miracle grow is that anything grows in it at all.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
backseat footjob (04-29-2013)
  #15  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Slayre's Avatar
Slayre Slayre is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: flawda
Thanks: 29
Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

try regular soil with compost mixed in at least.
  #16  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 PM
PsychoDelic's Avatar
PsychoDelic PsychoDelic is offline
Count
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: An Alternate Reality
Thanks: 421
Thanked 376 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Its called weed for a reason...

Its easier to fuck your plants up caring for them, than it is to fuck them up forgetting about them....

With weed, you cant go wrong.

It grows itself.


and yeah it will do fine indoors....

even with zero lighting....they just need air circulation......

, last year i gave my brother a clone, and he just kept it in the front room until it budded, which happened quite a bit early, or late, i dont remember, those days were a fucking haze.....

made the whole place smell nice, like skunk all day....

weed will survive anywhere....
__________________
www.soundcloud.com/darkfarm
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Ch0ppy (04-29-2013), Retard Synrdome (06-12-2013)
  #17  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Ch0ppy's Avatar
Ch0ppy Ch0ppy is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Thanks: 79
Thanked 126 Times in 107 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDelic View Post
Its called weed for a reason...

Its easier to fuck your plants up caring for them, than it is to fuck them up forgetting about them....

With weed, you cant go wrong.

It grows itself.


and yeah it will do fine indoors....

even with zero lighting....they just need air circulation......

, last year i gave my brother a clone, and he just kept it in the front room until it budded, which happened quite a bit early, or late, i dont remember, those days were a fucking haze.....

made the whole place smell nice, like skunk all day....

weed will survive anywhere....
This. Weed wil grow anywhere, to get good shit though you've gotta care for it. Back in highschool I did one of these plant it like a house plant things. It grew, but once it started budding I gave it away. Smelled my room up
__________________
(631): I mean, we do coke and have sex occasionally...I wouldn't call that a relationship
  #18  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 PM
psychomanthis's Avatar
psychomanthis psychomanthis is offline
Modicum of Madness
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Dark Side
Thanks: 1,977
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,653 Posts
Default Re: Growing Marijuana like a normal plant

Off to the grow section with you.
__________________
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
In memory of TOTSE.com
 

Bookmarks

Tags
growing, marijuana, normal, plant

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does my plant need food? Dog Flora, Fauna, and Green Living 16 04-07-2014 04:58 PM
Official Marijuana Growing Thread Irukanji Better Living Through Chemistry 135 03-07-2010 04:59 AM
Thinking of growing my own bud, just for the sake of growing my own bud. driveby Better Living Through Chemistry 25 07-23-2009 12:06 AM
6" weeed plant ctrl+alt+delete Better Living Through Chemistry 7 02-07-2009 11:07 PM
Growing Marijuana desh Better Living Through Chemistry 6 02-07-2009 10:44 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.