Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Science > Flasks and Beakers

Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Serf

Default Re: Most likely redundant SnB questions...

Oh, I just tried my strips again and wow! I see what you mean about the flames and noise. Creaking awesome! I saw a vid online where a dude set them on fire with a torch and they burn white hot. So bright you can't even stare at them. Crazy stuff man...
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Modicum of Madness

Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,616 Posts

Firstly, don't mind the trolls, secondly, welcome!

Discussion about the synthesis of various drugs would be best suited for the forum called "Flasks and Beakers". Better Living Through Chemistry is meant for the discussion of the effects of drugs, and various pharmacological topics among others. I am moving this thread to the relevant forum. You'll get more serious replies there also.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 AM

Thanked 1,011 Times in 752 Posts
Heart Re: Most likely redundant SnB questions...

Welcome to F&B! This is a wonderful forum where we discuss chemistry and it's applications. My name is BungHole, I'm, one of the moderators here, and I will consistently act like a total prick when you mention brand names in this forum.

Yes, they're posted all over forums like this. Yes, everybody knows stuff like this already. We even posted it here in the past, myself included. No, my actions probably will not alter the situation. But I'm working hard to establish a principle here, which I rant about more than I discuss chemistry here these days. My principle is this: Naming brands and discussing illegal activities in the same post is good for no one. Not for the company who sells the product, not for the people who own this site and not even for you. I'm not sure whether or not what you're saying about that particular product is true, but if it is, it's because someone posted it on the internet or some idiot who burned down their trailer park had the scorched container lying in the ruins when the fire department arrived.

If you want to know the composition of a brand name product, do what's most effective, internet search for the MSDS page. It's not hard. I taught myself how to do it when I was twelve years old.

Maybe I'm over reacting. The culture of this entire website goes way back to a predecessor discussion board that sprung up when the internet was still underground essentially. People exchanged controversial information frivolously here once upon a time. But things have changed we censor ourselves with good reason though. The regulars here all know this; A while back a person on this site posted about coupon fraud. Big companies didn't like being scammed and being made a fool of. They established what seemed like a corporate vendetta against us. The owner of the website was issued a subpoena demanding the information our servers had stored for a particular person posting here. He was tried in court and information obtained from this site was used as evidence. I don't know what ever came of him. Long story story short, there have been so called IRL threatening scandals here. Maybe you have proxies up and what not, but these corporations don't fuck around with their reputations and profits that come with it. Anybody who uses a product for a purpose it's not labeled for will be affected, even that regular guy who just wants to perform a chemistry experiment in his tool shed.

Besides, this thread is riddled with nonsense, at least from an academic perspective. Subtle details that indicate no one knows what the fuck they are doing or might even be lying about observations.

Last edited by BungHole; 03-30-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Serf

Hi guys, and thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, my apologies for speaking in such detail. But for the record, all of the questions I asked and what not were referring to a hypothetical situation of course. ;-)

And again, hypothetically of course, is their any merit to that generic "recipie" I posted above?

Thanks!

xPAinguINx
Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Serf

So, if my hypothetical experiment went as follows what would be the cause/reason for this. Moreover what should one do to correct t these hypothetical problems.

One uses 3tblsp of (NH4)(NO3)
3tblsp NaOH
8oz camp fuel
1 box 12 hr nasal decongestant
Small pieces of Li metal (not full strips)

Subject observes no reaction after several minutes of reaction vessel agitation. More (NH4)(NO3) and NaOH added ( 1tblsp of each), still no reaction.

Subject t de used to add more Li metal in small pieces. A small reaction begins, resembling a light boil. Reaction increases upon "burping" then slows after sealing off reaction vessel again. Subject never observed an intense boiling reaction as expected.

After 45 min or so, filtered liquid contents off in to jar.

Hit filtered liquid with HCl gas (hit hard by mistake due to use of too large of foil balls)

Witnessed drop of product from the cloudy fuel. Filtered passed liquid into separate jar, laid filter out to dry.

Obtained a small amount of white, crystalline powder. Perhaps 1/4g, much less than expected.

Hit liquid with gas again, no drop... Poured liquid back in to reaction vessel, witnessed same light boiling reaction for 30 min. Filtered, gassed but witnessed no additional drop.

Shouldn't the reaction had been more "violent"? Why such small yield? Could gassing it too heavily have resulted in poor return? Why no return on second pull?

Answers to these questions will help in experimentation greatly. Even though this is a hypothetically al scenario.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Count

50/50??

you should have 2 parts na0h.

if it wasnt a violent reaction, then you are doing it wrong.

are you using psudoephedrine HYDROCHLORIDE, or psudoephedrine SULFATE??

because the later would create a far different product with a far different yield/effect.

i think its called sidewalk meth or something, its methamphetamine sulfate, only suitable for snorting, not readily vaporized....

You should be using hydrochloride only for this tech, and you might be burping the bottle WAY too often, it has to get pretty tight, 200 psi is alot, thats why i suggested a gatorade bottle.... alot of small air compressors boast a similar psi rating to what you need for this tech.....

Where was your p.h. at?

Also, you can always do a pull from it as long as you have the right people WATCHING.

I had someone who was actually trying to teach me "a page at a time" as he said.

But, unless i was there to try to interject on your methods, i really couldnt say what the problem was.

post a video.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Serf

So 6tblspn of NaOH then... I see...

I didnt check the ph, don't have any litmus paper. Although I could get some.

I made another attempt tonight. Took over an hour to get a reaction and still it wasn't a violent one. I used different pseudo this time and dint realize till after that the content was 4 x less than the ones o used before and this time I got absolutely no return. Although I think I know why...

I so burp a good bit, probably every 10-15 minutes. After a while I see the copper bb's and this is how I determine when it's time to stop, filter and gas.

Also, unsure if I used hydrochloride or sulfate. I simply didn't look but I will...

When does the reaction turn "violent"? Almost immediately or after a few minutes/after shaking?

Thanks for responding bro...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Serf

Ok, still failing epically with this tech. Could someone please provide me with some suggestions as to what I should be doing differently?

I would appreciate it...

Pain
Old 04-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Serf

Default Re: how would one make a small-scale shake n bake of methamphetamine?

Hi guys, sticking to the subject... Does anyone know if you can substitute your NaOH containing product with another?

For instance,Insta-Flo Odorless Drain Cleaner rather than the more common dr@n0 crystals

The Insta-flo product certainly contains NaOH but rather than it being powdered with little pieces of a compound resembling small green stones like in dr@n0 (or whatever they are) the insta-flo odorless resembles consists mostly of "flakes".

To the point, can Insta-flo odorless be used in place of dr@n0???

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Duke

What's that old saying?

If you have to ask, you can't do it.

Also why'd you necrobump this shit?
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
stupid noob (04-30-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredByMe View Post
What's that old saying?

If you have to ask, you can't do it.

Also why'd you necrobump this shit?
Ahhh yes, just the response I expected. What's with the trolls on this site anyway?

Don't you remember in school/college when the teacher/professor said, "There are no such questions as stupid questions."?

If you didn't go to school and/or college then you probably don't remember that.

And I bumped the thread because it seemed to be the most relevant to my question. I didn't want to start a new thread for one single question you know?

I basically just wanted to know if the Insta was more pure than the other... Thus making it usable.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Serf

Besides, better to ask and be criticized than to not ask and be "sorry".... Any serious responses are appreciated.

Thanks,

xPAinguINx
Old 04-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Troutzenberg

Thanked 3,882 Times in 2,525 Posts

Last edited by CountBlah; 04-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Serf

So, let's continue speaking hypothetically here. But let's say someone used a new tech for SnB. One I'm sure you are all familiar with as it includes a step which requires adding 1/4 cup of distilled or purified water to the experiment.

Anyway, one gave this tech a shot after seeing minimal results from 3 past attempts using a completely different tech. All three times this person only received the smallest of yields and of minimal potency. Yields were less than 1/8g, maybe less.

Said person ended up with a yield of absolutely nothing in attempt number four. The attempt using the different tech that was supposedly more productive than most other techs out there.

This person yielded not even one single speck of said compound this time. Even with a good reaction (he believes).

So question... The reaction... Should one only witness a light/medium or heavy "boiling" reaction or should the reaction be extremely violent. Imagine there was a washing machine which was completely transparent and you could witness the washing cycle.

Should the "violent" reaction resemble something like this? If so, the hypothetical scientist has never witnessed that type of reaction. Only light/medium "boiling".

Please, post with your opinions regarding these questions. And not about how stupid one would be for experimenting in this manner etc, etc.

Serious responses would be most appreciated.

PAinguIN
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Peasant

It really is a poor way to do it but it does work. No point in worrying about an exact "recipe" because it is all just half assed. You could have found the info on the internet as well.

Put ~20g ammonia salt and equimolar quantity of NaOH in a strong 1L bottle (i found a super thick liquor bottle made of the same material as coke bottles, a good small cap is also essential), add 2/3 full naphtha preferably dried over oven dried NaOH overnight, add 2-3g pse and shake for a few seconds to dissolve, add bits of lithium from a battery or 2. Now to start the reaction use a hose and bulb to inject 10ml of water to the bottom of the bottle. Now it is up to you but i suggest capping the bottle and putting it underneath a bucket outside. If you look at the pressure/temperature curves of ammonia a strong bottle should hold up to 40C so you could also have it sitting in water to keep the plastic/contents cool and within reasonable pressures. Now come back in a few hours and crack the cap and wait until the pressure is relieved.

This is obviously of top level danger. I would rather deal with primary explosives in my house then this shit. If it blows the lithium will ignite the naphtha that has just been sprayed everywhere. Do it outside, with a bucket of water to dump over yourself, with safety glasses, welding gloves, behind a wall or other shield.

I have actually figured out a "otc" method of doing birch reductions that is almost as easy as "shake and bake". It should be safer and is more precise. Instead of using dry ice to condense ammonia you can use liquid propane. A small camping tank can condense 40ml of ammonia. Problem is since i don't do or sell meth i have little motivation. I suppose i should put in some effort and make a guide if it will save a few people from burning themselves to death with this shake and bake shit, ya liquid propane is much safer then a self igniting petroleum bomb.

Last edited by bmays04; 04-18-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPAinguINx View Post
Ahhh yes, just the response I expected. What's with the trolls on this site anyway?

Don't you remember in school/college when the teacher/professor said, "There are no such questions as stupid questions."?

If you didn't go to school and/or college then you probably don't remember that.

And I bumped the thread because it seemed to be the most relevant to my question. I didn't want to start a new thread for one single question you know?

I basically just wanted to know if the Insta was more pure than the other... Thus making it usable.
This isn't your high school class. This is a house of learned doctors.
There are stupid questions, there are stupid people.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Grandest Duke

Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,609 Posts

And always remember to goggle it!

To protect your eyes. See?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Serf

So for all you haters and trolls out there I'm here to tell you what the key to any hypothetical SnB tech is.

Regardless of what you think you know and regardless of what others tell you you must add 1-3 tbsp of H2O at the beginning of your experiment in order to get the proper reaction. Put the cap back on quickly!!! You may see some of the strips "ignite" or react. Relax, this will happen from time to time seemingly at random. Don't forget to "burp" when reaction vessel begins to expand beyond it's typical shape and when the cap begins to "crown" or curve.

Without the H2O you will only witness a light/medium boiling reaction. (Purified is better, but not necessary. Use a Brita water pitcher for your source if you have one. If not, regular bottled water will work and for that matter so will tap water. You can also filter your bottled water through your Brita pitcher to ensure maximum purity)

Start with 1tbsp, that may be enough. If the reaction dies down and you want to roll it a bit longer then add another 1-3 tbsp of H2O. Again, replacing the cap quickly!

After you complete your first pull and are ready to pour your fuel back in to your reaction vessel to try for a second pull the reaction may continue as before with no added ingredients.

If, however, it does not, add an additional 1/8 - 1/4 cup of NaOH and NH4NO3. (Don't shake) Then add another 1-3 tbsp of H2O (Again, purified is best but doesn't matter much in the end).

Follow the same steps you have been following based on what instructions you are using and you'll be good.

Hope this helps someone...

xPAinguINx
Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Count

did you ever try the end product?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDelic View Post
did you ever try the end product?
I have from the other attempts. Not this one.. It looks like the bomb though... Str8 kry$t@1z and some powder.

Why? Does the H2O effect the final product?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Count

because methamphetamine is hydroscopic.

sounds far fetched bro.

i used to do a taste test on my product, with my tongue.

for gods sakes, please dont snort that shit.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Serf

Quote:
because methamphetamine is hydroscopic.

sounds far fetched bro.

i used to do a taste test on my product, with my tongue.

for gods sakes, please dont snort that shit.
Lol! Thanks for the heads up. If I try any of it I'll let you know what it's like man...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Serf

Ha! Funny, I just looked at what I have. It's all gummed up and stuck together now. I guess because it absorbed moisture from the air. It was crystalline now it's just "gunk". :-/
Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 AM

Heart Re: how would one make a small-scale shake n bake of methamphetamine?

Old thread, but here is a statement to be made regarding stupid questions:

General rule #1: It's not a question you ask that is stupid, it is the way that you ask a question that is stupid.

General rule #2: Writing a sentence with "shake and bake" preceding a question mark has an extremely high statistical probability of being a stupid way of seeking information according to the subjective analysis of most people who have any conception of synthetic chemistry.
Gun Lover (04-19-2013)
Old 04-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Serf

Well Psychodelic,

Everything turned to shit. What I once had that looked great turned to mush and possibly disappeared altogether.

IMHO, waste of time, money, effort and very risky all for nothing. Not sure what I'm doing/did wrong and don't really care at this point. *sigh*
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPAinguINx View Post
Well Psychodelic,

Everything turned to shit. What I once had that looked great turned to mush and possibly disappeared altogether.

IMHO, waste of time, money, effort and very risky all for nothing. Not sure what I'm doing/did wrong and don't really care at this point. *sigh*
yeah bro, thats just a myth put out there by the CIA.

you cant pull it off.

its impossible.

*sarcasm*
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Serf

Quote:
yeah bro, thats just a myth put out there by the CIA.

you cant pull it off.

its impossible.

*sarcasm*
What's a myth? What can't be done? I mean, if I could send you a some pictures you would probably be impressed yet saddened because it all "disappeared". Ughh.... So disappointed...
Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Knight

The best Shake and Bake method:

Use a 1L glass bottle.

Add solvent (preferably pentane)

Add methamphetamine

Shake

Pour mixture into crystallizing dish

wait for solvent to evaporate (do NOT use heat)

There is your meth

Done

You can thank me profusely

Actually, in order to derail this thread into something that anybody gives a shit about:

Does anyone have the refs detailing the application of Birch-type reactions using Na metal in liquid aminoalkanes?

I seem to remember someone discussing this method, and I think the solvent of choice (well, at least that was described in the paper) was ethylamine.

I wonder if this would be better served with something heavier, even marginally - perhaps isopropylamine or something in that area...

Last edited by fcknut; 04-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcknut View Post
The best Shake and Bake method:

Use a 1L glass bottle.

Add solvent (preferably pentane)

Add methamphetamine

Shake

Pour mixture into crystallizing dish

wait for solvent to evaporate (do NOT use heat)

There is your meth

Done

You can thank me profusely

Actually, in order to derail this thread into something that anybody gives a shit about:

Does anyone have the refs detailing the application of Birch-type reactions using Na metal in liquid aminoalkanes?

I seem to remember someone discussing this method, and I think the solvent of choice (well, at least that was described in the paper) was ethylamine.

I wonder if this would be better served with something heavier, even marginally - perhaps isopropylamine or something in that area...
So I'm assuming what you mean is to take the finished product that I was talking about in the previous posts, mix that with the solvent you mentioned (or other similar solvent?) then pour that in to a crystallizing dish and let the solvent dissolve.

Is this supposed to provide one with a product which isn't so Hygroscopic such as what I had talked about before? Moreover, this additional step should prevent the product from becoming "gummy" or evaporating completely?

Thanks,

PAinguIN
Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Heart Re: Most likely redundant SnB questions...

Maybe I should ban all members who even post the words "shake" and "bake" in the same sentence without reference to cooking fish or chicken. . .

. . . On good days I might include pork. . .
Gun Lover (04-23-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Mud Farmer

Facepalm Re: how would one make a small-scale shake n bake of methamphetamine?

I've been using lab grade ephedrine hydrochloride in my little shake 'n bake projects. I get something but it aint meth. Is it true that only the freebase form of ephedrine (and not the hydrochloride salt form) will work for the S 'n B method. Is this why I 'm so incompetent?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Mud Farmer

1st go get a steel fire ext. a smaller one is best. use 2 parts lye to one part cold pack. 1 batt. per box of pills put lye ,cold pack ,batts ,and pill power in fex with fuel. seal it and place in boiling water for about 45 mins to hr. then plunge it into ice water bath for 15 min and shake the fuck out of it . it will be as good as any other dope out there
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Mud Farmer

Wow... I'm surprised this hasn't been covered.
Use TWO solvents. Mostly Naptha with about 150ml Toulene. CLEAN your pseudo - Don't just crush the pills up and throw in in a bottle. Always use a 2:1 ratio of NaOH to AN - 50 grams of NaOH and 25G of AN works fine. 4800mg PSE - TWO boxes. ONE gram of Li - equivelant to one battery. Fire off the bottle with about 6cc of H202 (hydrogen peroxide) CAP AND SHAKE - keep the pressure as tight as possible (I used to reinforce my bottles with gorilla tape for safety... soda stream bottles work wonders) KEEP the reaction WARM the entire time while pressure is HIGH. Don't get too ballsy but also don't burp every 10 mins. The rxn is NOT done until AFTER the copper and the "blueing" of the solvents are gone (in other words you shake it, the fuel is dark then clears up in less than 30s) as you will see most of the Li is gone at this point. Filter that off, and for christs sake don't use foil. Make a gasser with non-iodized salt and pure sulfuric acid. WATCH your ph. After you filter off your 2-3 grams then if you're any kind of perfectionist WASH the product w/ acetone/isopropyl and recrystalize into shards. I would of gone into much more detail but I ask myself ... why? Anyways know what you're doing before you do it otherwise you'll end up with a fireball and no face. Not cool..
Old 11-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaxion View Post
.. 4800mg PSE - TWO boxes. ONE gram of Li.... Fire off the bottle with about 6cc of H202 (hydrogen peroxide) CAP AND SHAKE - keep the pressure as tight as possible ..........
It is quite hard to take SnB seriously from the point of view of organic chemistry so I generally don't get in involved with discussions on the subject but I'm making an effort to gain a better understanding so I ask that you consider the following question not as a veiled attempt to criticize but a genuine scientific enquirery.

What is the function of the hydrogen peroxide in this reaction?
It's a weak acid creating competition and catalysis products such as hydroxyl radicals (•OH) as situation I don't understand.

How did you arrive at 1 gram of Lithium for 4.8 grams of Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride?
When writing an equation there just doesn't seem to be enough Lithium.

Last edited by 1phen2prop; 11-03-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:07 AM
Peasant

Drying your solvents post-rxn will vastly improve both yield and quality.

Any nonpolar will work. Solvents like toluene are better because they have a higher BP, which means they retain heat better. Hot solvents dissolve more than cold solvents. Problem with toluene is it dissolves any lid you put on it. It's also pretty thick and difficult to filter.

Ether, naphtha, xylene, toluene, coleman, mineral spirits... ANY nonpolar solvent will work.

Last edited by Mr. Sinister; 11-03-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phen2prop View Post
It is quite hard to take SnB seriously from the point of view of organic chemistry so I generally don't get in involved with discussions on the subject but I'm making an effort to gain a better understanding so I ask that you consider the following question not as a veiled attempt to criticize but a genuine scientific enquirery.
You should first start with a correct recipe... With correct ratios... This guy is a book cook.

A 2 box batch (2x 20ct 120mg PSE)is 4.8g PSE, which according to the recipe above would require 9.6g of Li. A AA size lithium battery contains roughly .95g of Li, so you'd need around 10 batteries for a 2 box batch. I am telling you if you tried to put 10 batteries in one bottle it would take a month to cook.

Now, listen carefully, everyone, this is not just internet research talking here... You only need 3 batteries for a 2 box batch.

And if no one has said it already, the Li should be about 2/3-3/4 reduced before the PSE is even introduced. After that, it just depends...

And whoever said to add anything with hydrogen to the RV is going to blow their arm off eventually. Using the proper ratios, NO WATER IS NEEDED, PERIOD.

1/4c AN
1/2c NaOH
2 boxes PSE
3 Li strips
Approx 1L NP solvent

The actual measurements of the AN and NaOH don't matter much, as long as a 2:1 ratio is maintained. All they are there for is to produce ammonia gas. And all you are maintaining pressure for in the beginning is to make sure the AN and NaOH last the whole cook, because pressure slows the reaction between them. Once the PSE is added, high pressure and heat are required to aid in fully basing the PSE and reacting the freebase PSE with the Li.

Last edited by Mr. Sinister; 11-03-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post
Ether, naphtha, xylene, toluene, coleman, mineral spirits... ANY nonpolar solvent will work.
Not exactly accurate, Xylene can be a bit of a problem because it forms azeotropes with water and a variety of alcohols that can lead to problems with yield. Xylene is kind of a last resort when it come to NP solvents.

In the actual SnB reaction Ether wins hands down when it come to the combination of electron transfer and the ability the carry the ammonia saturation.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Serf

Quote:

A 2 box batch (2x 20ct 120mg PSE)is 4.8g PSE, which according to the recipe above would require 9.6g of Li. A AA size lithium battery contains roughly .95g of Li, so you'd need around 10 batteries for a 2 box batch.........
Well I'm unsure what a box is, not being from america we have the metric system. Box is not one of the units of measurement that is recognized in my country. I tend to calculate reactants in mols and grams. I must say your advised quantity's aren't to bad taking into account the amount of competition for the donated electrons of lithium.

The mistake made by most internet chemists when they have a try at working out the quantity of lithium is they don't take into account a parallel reaction the takes place as a result of the change in thermodynamics from the cold reaction conditions of the original Birch reduction that takes place in liquid ammonia to ambient reaction condition of the SnB.

2Li + 2CH3OH C6H6 → 2 LiOCH3 + C6H8

This is the reaction everybody focuses on to yield the corresponding 1,4-cyclohexadien compounds. It has a very low activation energy of 6.5 kJ/Mol about as low as you can go.

A hydrogen reaction proceeding in parallel to to the above solvated electron reaction obscuring the overall kinetics. The higher activation energy of the hydrogen reaction at 22.5 kJ/Mol is not much of a problem at -70C in liquid ammonia but SnB is a hot reaction. It is this unseen reaction that gets mist by people that don't bother reading the journal references.

2Li + 2CH3OH → 2CH3OLi + H2

Without the alkali cations common to the dissolved alkali metal of the original Birch there needs the be an even greater surplus. Put this with the fact that nobody seems to bother freebasing the pse there is no wonder yields are shit and the CMP over reduction products are so high.

I've been thinking of ways to fix this reaction up a bit.

Do you think people would be interested in running the reaction in a two chamber system as in two bottles connected by a tube, one making the ammonia the other reducing the PSE with the hole lot sitting in a bath of acetone/dry ice?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Peasant

Default Posting a synth...

Is posting a SnB synth I read about allowed?

Don't laugh, it's a legit synth.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Heart Re: Posting a synth...

Quote:
Is posting a SnB synth I read about allowed?

Don't laugh, it's a legit synth.
It's allowed, but most people wont appreciate it, and flaming people for crappy teks is also allowed.

To be honest your recent spiel hasn't even really been worth reading. You mentioned a "lack of teks" but all of your posts here so far are the dime a dozen type. If I weren't such a lazy and liberal mod I would infract you just for using bandwith.
Clover (11-04-2013)