Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 05-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Count

Default Using meth and managing diabetes

Alrightly... Let me first explain what's up. My father has been suffering from pain (back/neck/kidney) for as long as I can remember. Back in September his doc dropped him like a hot potato off of methadone. Since then I have been procuring pain pills such as diluadid (and also began using), but the price and availability has been really unstable around these parts. We've both been clean off of opiates for a couple weeks.

Well, about a week ago a friend of mine introduced us to crystal meth... Honestly, the only reason I tried it was because it was the shittiest day in a looong fucking time, so why the fuck not? I was surprised that it actually helped with my back pain... not like opiates, but it thinned out the pain. It also kept me up and alert to follow around 2 blithering idiots who smoked meth and dropped acid for 2 days- that is a story for another day. I didn't do a whole lot, but what I did helped far more than I expected anything other than opiates to do. I ended up getting some for him to try; he was sceptical it would help at all, but it did help him a lot. We would both be much happier with our beloved opiates, but since this is available, affordable, and works to some degree we have to settle on meth.

Please keep in mind, we are doing it in moderation, and taking breaks. My dad was wondering if there would be any issues he should be concerned about with his diabetes and using meth. He takes Metformin (250mg, half a 500mg tablet once a day), but has been out for 10 days. Should he continue his metformin once he gets his refill? I'm only concerned that he eats, which has never been an issue before, but I know we've been having a suppressed appetite since starting.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Knight

Default Re: Using meth and managing diabetes

damn i was hoping diabetes was life in the title. beginning to wonder if the 2 are counterproductive myself considering recent development
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 AM
C⊙λϥЖĦѮϟΩπ

How much do you guys do as a dose?
Old 05-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Count

Yeah, we wont be able to tell you much, until you give us quality and quantity information.

So im guessing your life has been going downhill since your dog got ran over?
FatMax (05-18-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 05:08 AM
Duke

Thanked 1,258 Times in 843 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ph0x

Well, does he check his blood sugar?

And seriously stay away from meth, it takes over people, my own mom stole everything from me, literally, and left me homeless.

All she left me was a LeSabre she wrecked to live in.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,690 Posts

^Many people say the same for heroin.

I'd be worried about his appetite supression mainly. But if he checks his blood sugar levels it can all be monitored easy.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Count

He will have strange usage patterns. He'll have to prick his shit more, and dose more accurately.

Is he shooting the insulin or taking pills?
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Count

as for dose, probably .1 between 3 people every 6-8 hours... maybe slightly more frequently if we are on an all nighter-get-shit-done spree (we spent last night tearing down the front end of my husband's truck- he broke the tye rod, needs bearings replaced, and bushings).

as for him keeping track of his diabetes... he sucks. he takes pills- metformin once a day. he rarely checks his bloodsugar, which is fucked up- he can't prick his finger, but can mainline like a pro... it drives me nuts that he is so lax on keeping up with it, but he can manage iv opiates like an ocd weirdo... motherfucker is religious about rubbing alcohol, and uses silver sulfadine cream for his tract marks everytime he shoots.

i am just wondering if there would be any major concern with the metformin and the meth since one is stimulating his pancreas to make insulin and the othere is, well... a stimulant.

... and thanks, guys. i am proud of ya'll- i was expect the first replies to be... less than helpful and a lot more retarded. meth and managing diabetes, even i loled after remembering i made this thread yesterday
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Loki

Thanked 2,553 Times in 1,779 Posts

Post a picture of yourself so we have a "before" to go with the "after" photo for our latest Meth: Not Even Once poster.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydromorphone View Post
as for dose, probably .1 between 3 people every 6-8 hours... maybe slightly more frequently if we are on an all nighter-get-shit-done spree (we spent last night tearing down the front end of my husband's truck- he broke the tye rod, needs bearings replaced, and bushings).

as for him keeping track of his diabetes... he sucks. he takes pills- metformin once a day. he rarely checks his bloodsugar, which is fucked up- he can't prick his finger, but can mainline like a pro... it drives me nuts that he is so lax on keeping up with it, but he can manage iv opiates like an ocd weirdo... motherfucker is religious about rubbing alcohol, and uses silver sulfadine cream for his tract marks everytime he shoots.

i am just wondering if there would be any major concern with the metformin and the meth since one is stimulating his pancreas to make insulin and the othere is, well... a stimulant.

... and thanks, guys. i am proud of ya'll- i was expect the first replies to be... less than helpful and a lot more retarded. meth and managing diabetes, even i loled after remembering i made this thread yesterday

I don't think there is quite enough evidence to conclude anything. The worst thing that could happen is, he gets type 1 and has to inject insulin.

Go for it.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:38 PM
iLumminati Puppt in a box

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,270 Posts

This is actually an interesting question, considering how much meth can fuck with your hormones and eating patterns and general nutrition...hrrm.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Count

http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker

medscape says you should be fine mixing meth with metformin; however, it does warn against using opiates with methamphetamine....

so just be careful...

1/3 of a .1 is nothing, you dont have anything to worry about, imo.
Hydromorphone (05-24-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Marquis

diabetes+methamphetamine= Heart problems

It's a bad idea to use any speed having diabetes
Old 05-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by purewhitepanda View Post
diabetes+methamphetamine= Heart problems

It's a bad idea to use any speed having diabetes
Are you a doctor or......???

Old 05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDelic View Post
Are you a doctor or......???

No I have type 1 diabetes and from doctors and experience it's not good
Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Satan

This seems like it would be a very bad idea. I know you and him are going to do it anyway, just make sure that he eats BEFORE dosing up, and to regularly check his blood sugar. Try to pick up some supplements too, because even if you are eating meth uses a LOT of nutrients and you really need to put that shit back or you can end up making your pain worse (I've used meth for pain before). Try Muscle Milk and iron and Mg and zinc and get a multivitamin too. Oh, and don't forget the protein, thats what the muscle milk is for, but failing that you need to make sure you get plenty of protein or you will waste away.
FatMax (05-20-2013), Hydromorphone (05-24-2013), iMagiNation (05-21-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Serf

Thumbs Up Re: Using meth and managing diabetes

if you want opiates, why don't you go to a fucking methadone clinic. It'll be cheaper than a doctor, and you don't have to put up with all the bullshit hoops they put you through.

also, I always encourage everyone to do as much methamphetamine as possible, as often as possible. It's a great life decision, no doubt.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
if you want opiates, why don't you go to a fucking methadone clinic. It'll be cheaper than a doctor, and you don't have to put up with all the bullshit hoops they put you through.

also, I always encourage everyone to do as much methamphetamine as possible, as often as possible. It's a great life decision, no doubt.
Methadone is a shitty drug that sucks for real pain. It isn't about getting high, it is about helping with pain. The only people that want methadone are fucking junkies who only care about getting high but dont want the stigma associated with heroin or the like. Your suggestion is shit and I'll bet you are a junky. Besides, the dude is gonna do meth no matter what anyone says, it is better to help him to do it right than it is to suggest some shitty alternative that will hurt him WORSE than meth. Faggot. Take your methadone and fuck off.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid noob View Post
Methadone is a shitty drug that sucks for real pain. It isn't about getting high, it is about helping with pain. The only people that want methadone are fucking junkies who only care about getting high but dont want the stigma associated with heroin or the like. Your suggestion is shit and I'll bet you are a junky. Besides, the dude is gonna do meth no matter what anyone says, it is better to help him to do it right than it is to suggest some shitty alternative that will hurt him WORSE than meth. Faggot. Take your methadone and fuck off.
did you read his post?

the doc was giving him methadone and it was WORKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
Back in September his doc dropped him like a hot potato off of METHADONE .

so....... what you're telling me is that METHAMPETAMINE is better for pain, than a long acting strong opiate? is that what you're saying? you're a retarded fuck tweaker......clearly.

go start 1,000,000 projects and get 1/3 done, and then never finish them. Don't forget to have 8 kids with your toothless whore girlfriend, then beat her up cuz she's sleeping with the guy in the trailer next door. After your teeth fall out, and you've had your SnB blow up in your face, maybe you'll be getting fucked in jail, kinda cock your head to the side and think, "I wish I was a junkie like dizzle"

Last edited by dizzle; 05-23-2013 at 07:08 PM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
BrainSurgeon (05-25-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Satan

Methadone works to get people off heroin and is worse than heroin because it has a higher receptor affinity. Methadone for pain is the most retarded thing ever, at least meth doesn't cause physical wd symptoms like methadone.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Serf

it doesn't have a higher receptor affinity, it's actually a racemic mixture where the S is half the strength as the R racemate.

So, by your logic, buperenorphine should basically be the devil, since its got a higher affinity that almost everything?

no dipshit, you're out of your league here, so shut your mouth for a minute and learn something,

the strength of a drug is measured by how well it causes analgesia, or how much it'll activate the binding site. And then the half-life of it, and then the strength and halflife of its metabolites.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Duke

Quote:
go start 1,000,000 projects and get 1/3 done, and then never finish them. Don't forget to have 8 kids with your toothless whore girlfriend, then beat her up cuz she's sleeping with the guy in the trailer next door. After your teeth fall out, and you've had your SnB blow up in your face, maybe you'll be getting fucked in jail, kinda cock your head to the side and think, "I wish I was a junkie like dizzle"
You clearly don't know who you are talking to, he's been there, done that.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Ugly Pile of Bones

Thanked 7,317 Times in 4,594 Posts

Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,903 Posts

Quote:
Methadone works to get people off heroin and is worse than heroin because it has a higher receptor affinity. Methadone for pain is the most retarded thing ever, at least meth doesn't cause physical wd symptoms like methadone.
Affinity does not equal efficacy... Plus each compounds affinity will be different at each mu receptor subtype.

And the real reason methadone in particular seems to be worse than almost any other opioid in the long run is its high endocytotic efficacy. Every time it triggers the MOR the receptor is rapidly taken into the cell. That upregulates the cAMP cycle and slows initial tolerance and dependence, but once you abuse it enough, the cAMP pathway becomes so upregulated (a "hallmark" of opioid withdrawal) that once you try to quit you're fucked sideways. source

But meth does indeed work for pain. Amphetamines are proven painkillers via interaction with the opioid system IIRC.

Last edited by Gun Lover; 05-23-2013 at 09:55 PM.
iMagiNation (05-23-2013), Ph0x (05-23-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,256 Times in 880 Posts

There are so many reasons why methadone is fucking awful.

The worst being it is absolutely brutal to get off of.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Count

Well, I am really happy this stirred up such an interesting discussion. I appreciate all the contribution, ya'll are awesome

Let me first address the methadone issue: He was on methadone for years; 6+ years. He did go to the clinic which was a 40 mile one way drive... every day for a year. It cost so much in fuel and for the methadone that it was cheaper to see a doctor. He was with his doctor for at least 6 years receiving 480 10mg pills a month. The benefit of getting a monthly supply was that on his worst days of pain, he could increase his dose, then short himself later, or he could make a small stock pill if he had plans and needed some extra relief. The methadone was the worst opiate to be on from what he has told me; only half ass helping the pain, and the fact that Withdrawing was a nightmare. He refuses to go back on methadone since he's been off it since late September... I watched him and it was brutal.

We have been clean of meth for since Monday. He's planned on getting some more if he can soon. We've been taking a multivitamin and he takes iron supplements; I guess I should have mentioned he's anemic and he's pretty religious about taking the iron. I've been insisting he eats when I notice it's been a while and trying to limit when we use. I also get him to take aspirin, figuring it will be easier on his heart. MY biggest problem was getting him to take a break. He is afraid if he rests he'll lose him motivation and it's been a long while since he was able to get shit done.
stupid noob (05-25-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Count

Quote:
did you read his post?

Actually, we got quite a few things done that we haven't been able to get to for reasons of lack of motivation/pain.

I am a girl... so I can't have 8 kids with my "toothless whore girlfirend"... and I'm not a lesbian, I'm married with a husband.

My dad is over 50 years old... if his teeth fall out, I wouldn't imagine it be a surprise.. He's missing most of them now. When he was a younger he was sick a lot and vomiting all the time kinda ruined them. For me... I'm trying to use sparingly.... young people get prescribed adderall, right? do the too lose their teeth? It's caused by grinding them, right?

... and Dizzle, if I had a steady supply of strong opiates available when I need them/had the cash for them and they didn't cost a fortune, I too would still be on the needle to this very day... I hate to agree with you, but head is already cocked to side saying "I wish I was a junkie like Dizzle", circumstances just don't allow for it.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Duke

Quote:
Actually, we got quite a few things done that we haven't been able to get to for reasons of lack of motivation/pain.

I am a girl... so I can't have 8 kids with my "toothless whore girlfirend"... and I'm not a lesbian, I'm married with a husband.

My dad is over 50 years old... if his teeth fall out, I wouldn't imagine it be a surprise.. He's missing most of them now. When he was a younger he was sick a lot and vomiting all the time kinda ruined them. For me... I'm trying to use sparingly.... young people get prescribed adderall, right? do the too lose their teeth? It's caused by grinding them, right?

... and Dizzle, if I had a steady supply of strong opiates available when I need them/had the cash for them and they didn't cost a fortune, I too would still be on the needle to this very day... I hate to agree with you, but head is already cocked to side saying "I wish I was a junkie like Dizzle", circumstances just don't allow for it.
I assumed he was referring to stupid noob, not you.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Marquis

Thanked 1,168 Times in 784 Posts

What the fuck is wrong with Florida. Is it really that fucking hard to get heroin there?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 AM
Satan

A big reason people lose teeth on meth is because the pyrolytic byproducts of it (ie burning it) are really really bad for teeth. Not to mention how it depletes the body of nutrients. Grinding is only a small part of it. Glad to hear your dad is doing well though.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Duke

Quote:
A big reason people lose teeth on meth is because the pyrolytic byproducts of it (ie burning it) are really really bad for teeth. Not to mention how it depletes the body of nutrients. Grinding is only a small part of it. Glad to hear your dad is doing well though.
I was taught it was from the dry mouth you get from amphetamines.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Marquis

On this note what about Meth and hypoglycemia.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Slightly Grander Duke

Thanked 1,256 Times in 880 Posts

Yeah, burning meth causes the release of a bunch of nasty shit... propane dioxide or something like that? lol, sounds tasty.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0x View Post
I assumed he was referring to stupid noob, not you.
he was
Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Count

you just got your dad addicted to crystal meth.

lmao!
Ph0x (05-30-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEROS View Post

lmao!
Time to start pimping that ass out.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEROS View Post

lmao!
I guess we are now even since he got me addicted to oxycontin... and didn't even have the decency to tell me he got cut off from his doctor until he woke me up for work like any other morning with pill crusher and straw in hand and said "baby, this is it... we are out, sweetie". I have no guilt.

On another note, the on-off usage has been... productive. A fuckton of shit has been accomplished. It's a blessing and a curse... I'm just kinda glad it's not as easy to get as it was initially made out to be. I can see the negatives of this drug, but I cannot argue with the results. I, personally, cannot wait to fire up dillys and meth. I think that would be especially awesome.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,690 Posts

Honestly I was hoping you bumped this thread with morbid lulz but good to see his diabetes didn't interfere with methamphetamine abuse!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Count

Quote:
Alrightly... Let me first explain what's up. My father has been suffering from pain (back/neck/kidney) for as long as I can remember. Back in September his doc dropped him like a hot potato off of methadone. Since then I have been procuring pain pills such as diluadid (and also began using), but the price and availability has been really unstable around these parts. We've both been clean off of opiates for a couple weeks.

Well, about a week ago a friend of mine introduced us to crystal meth... Honestly, the only reason I tried it was because it was the shittiest day in a looong fucking time, so why the fuck not? I was surprised that it actually helped with my back pain... not like opiates, but it thinned out the pain. It also kept me up and alert to follow around 2 blithering idiots who smoked meth and dropped acid for 2 days- that is a story for another day. I didn't do a whole lot, but what I did helped far more than I expected anything other than opiates to do. I ended up getting some for him to try; he was sceptical it would help at all, but it did help him a lot. We would both be much happier with our beloved opiates, but since this is available, affordable, and works to some degree we have to settle on meth.

Please keep in mind, we are doing it in moderation, and taking breaks. My dad was wondering if there would be any issues he should be concerned about with his diabetes and using meth. He takes Metformin (250mg, half a 500mg tablet once a day), but has been out for 10 days. Should he continue his metformin once he gets his refill? I'm only concerned that he eats, which has never been an issue before, but I know we've been having a suppressed appetite since starting.
to be honest it's not really plausible, i have a friend with diabetes and he will never touch the stuff , which is funny because he does everything else, meth has permanent affects on your body