Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Kiddo Kiddo is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: under your bed
Thanks: 155
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

is my friend just having incredible luck with not getting caught?

Last edited by Kiddo; 06-08-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 AM
prolonged8 prolonged8 is offline
Mud Farmer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

There are some LP guys that don't want to deal with shoplifters, actually they hate their job (in most cases it's just temporary work for them), and some of them are also shoplifters too.

P.S. watch your private messages
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 PM
TheJunkieMonkey TheJunkieMonkey is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Thanks: 0
Thanked 315 Times in 280 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

I look at this way, there are loads of customers per day and if an LP thought everyone was a shoplifter they would get paranoid mad, so they just treat there job as more a meet and greet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 PM
daddypleasedont daddypleasedont is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanks: 12
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

actually, stores dont lose that much money on stolen merchandise. sure, some news says that cooperation lost $xx billion dollar per year, but its in retail price. I saw a documentary call sweat shop, its about the factory in china. they spill the industry secret which a $500 bloomingdales dress only cost $5 dollars to make, including labor cost.

go to wikipedia and type in certain company's name, macys for instance. you will see that despite the "billion dollar lost", they still get to make tens of billion annually.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2013, 03:50 PM
ACE_187's Avatar
ACE_187 ACE_187 is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 831
Thanked 432 Times in 320 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
I feel kind of bad for clothing stores because it appears that unless LP/employees put on extraordinary effort into catching a suspected shoplifter redhanded or the shoplifter makes a stupid mistake, they don't (can't?) really catch them.

My friend shops downtown and EVERY STORE has an LP/pretend LP guy at the door. But what is their policy when a person beeps? At H&M, the guy at the door doesn't do shit. He doesn't even SAY ANYTHING! and quite a few people trip the alarm whenever i'm there! At forever21 too!

(kind of irrelevant, but what is up with stores hiring black people at LP people at the doors??)

When my friend first shoplifted at urban outfitters, she tripped off the alarm because she didn't take the paper tags off since she didn't know they had RFID. She however acted very calm at the door when she beeped because she didn't get nervous, and the guy guarding the door was strangely polite and did not search her. She had just bought shoes at DSW so she had a DSW paperbag, and a Trader Joe's reusable bag where she put all the clothes in. The guy said "oh, it's probably those shoes from DSW. that happens sometimes" after glancing at her trader joe's bag and then at her DSW paper bag, and then wished her a nice day, and then she took off.

The guy either didn't care about his job and chose to be nice and let my friend go, or he really was just stupid. or maybe they can't search people? anyway, my friend had great luck for not getting in legal trouble despite her sloppy job, so she's grateful.

Just yesterday, my friend set foot at Anthropologie (it's Urban Outfitters' sister store that sells wicked expensive overpriced vintage stuff that, according to wiki, are marketed towards "professional, middle-aged, wordly women", such as a 320-fckin-dollar summer/jersey dress) for the first time, and she fell in love with almost everything in there! too bad (but good for the store) they didn't have petite sizes in the dresses that she liked. so she only stole a 105-dollar pullover.

she was carrying a kipling crossbody bag (you know how kipling bags expand?). her bag already looked pretty full from the bunch of stuff she stole from other stores when she entered Anthropologie (might be why the employees didn't suspect anything/care when she came in), but she managed to fit the knitted pullover in her bag still at the fitting room. when she was leaving, she tried walking a foot or two behind another lady who was about to exit too, and the LP at the door was chatting with someone at the door but when he glanced at my friend he probably noticed her incredibly stuffed bag so he stopped talking to who he was talking and gave her a second look and just stared at her as she was walking out, like he was so ready to apprehend/detain her, but she didn't beep so, hah!

is my friend just having incredible luck with not getting caught?
Are you the girl who used to post on totse shoplifting thread every day with your stories? If so you're the greatest!!! If not tell some stories anyway.

I got caught at a clothing store, but I don't think they were supposed to stop me. I might could have got a case out of it, but not really thinking, one thing leads to another and it ends up being about a lot more than shoplifting.

But I was in a blind spot, unless they had some fucking super small spy cameras or some shit. No employees, or anyone for that matter saw me put anything in my bag, but they stopped me anyway. I was behind this thing. They had to stop me just based on their suspicions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2013, 04:07 PM
daddypleasedont daddypleasedont is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanks: 12
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_187 View Post
Are you the girl who used to post on totse shoplifting thread every day with your stories? If so you're the greatest!!! If not tell some stories anyway.

I got caught at a clothing store, but I don't think they were supposed to stop me. I might could have got a case out of it, but not really thinking, one thing leads to another and it ends up being about a lot more than shoplifting.

But I was in a blind spot, unless they had some fucking super small spy cameras or some shit. No employees, or anyone for that matter saw me put anything in my bag, but they stopped me anyway. I was behind this thing. They had to stop me just based on their suspicions.
you should always, always do it in dressing room.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
b&b enterprises b&b enterprises is offline
Mud Farmer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddypleasedont View Post
actually, stores dont lose that much money on stolen merchandise. sure, some news says that cooperation lost $xx billion dollar per year, but its in retail price. I saw a documentary call sweat shop, its about the factory in china. they spill the industry secret which a $500 bloomingdales dress only cost $5 dollars to make, including labor cost.

go to wikipedia and type in certain company's name, macys for instance. you will see that despite the "billion dollar lost", they still get to make tens of billion annually.
^this.

Shoplifting of clothing (particularly high-end clothing) is different in many ways from shoplifting of, say, electronics. The gross margin on electronics might be 10%, while the gross margin on clothing might be 95%.

So even if a store was getting 10% of its product stolen (a far higher level than what happens in reality), that doesn't mean they're losing 10% of their revenue. They're taking a hit to their profits equivalent to maybe 1% of their revenue in that scenario. And they aren't losing sales/revenue because the people who steal probably would never have bought the items anyway.

From a cost-benefit standpoint having high security isn't worth it, not even counting the loss of goodwill they would experience from having a higher rate of false accusations.

One could draw parallels to software/movie/music piracy. One could also credibly argue that society is, on the whole, better off with a nonzero level of shoplifting of high-margin items for personal use.

Last edited by b&b enterprises; 05-26-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:23 PM
bling bling bling bling is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 496
Thanked 822 Times in 495 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

stealing clothes is riducluous unless u know for sure you can sell them straight away
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 PM
soso0's Avatar
soso0 soso0 is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 84
Thanked 150 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

My friend sometimes feels bad upon walking out, but it quickly goes away and excitement takes over. My friend doesn't sell his stolen merchandise, he just keeps at all and now has an enormous amount of expensive clothing just sitting in his closet.
__________________
Bang Bang
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
bling bling bling bling is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 496
Thanked 822 Times in 495 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso0 View Post
My friend sometimes feels bad upon walking out, but it quickly goes away and excitement takes over. My friend doesn't sell his stolen merchandise, he just keeps at all and now has an enormous amount of expensive clothing just sitting in his closet.
you can only wear one amount of clothes at a time
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2013, 09:30 PM
jd421 jd421 is offline
Wealthy Merchant
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanks: 105
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

how many of you guys have a sensor detacher ? when i go shopping its usually at the mall and every store has a sensor on every piece of clothing. sometimes the employee;s miss an article of clothing but its not very often. do ya'l just rip a whole in the clothing to slip the sensor through or what?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2013, 10:47 PM
ownie35 ownie35 is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanks: 27
Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Eric pretty much only lifts clothing and accessories. He has expensive taste when it comes to clothes, but he would never pay retail price even if he could afford it. He's discovered that it's so easy, he'll just do it even when he hadn't planned to.

He's gone to stores like Kohl's and made huge mistakes and still gotten away. He's lost track of how many times he's lifted from his local Macy's store, so much so that he hopes they don't start tagging more items because of him.

The only stores he's been into and hasn't lifted from are smaller stores like Brooks Brothers or places that have notorious LP, particularly Nordstrom.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Kiddo Kiddo is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: under your bed
Thanks: 155
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownie35 View Post
Eric pretty much only lifts clothing and accessories. He has expensive taste when it comes to clothes, but he would never pay retail price even if he could afford it. He's discovered that it's so easy, he'll just do it even when he hadn't planned to.

He's gone to stores like Kohl's and made huge mistakes and still gotten away. He's lost track of how many times he's lifted from his local Macy's store, so much so that he hopes they don't start tagging more items because of him.

The only stores he's been into and hasn't lifted from are smaller stores like Brooks Brothers or places that have notorious LP, particularly Nordstrom.
How I wish Nordstrom didn't have notorious LP! It would be a paradise filled with designer clothes donation for us! gaaahh
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:08 AM
Kiddo Kiddo is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: under your bed
Thanks: 155
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd421 View Post
how many of you guys have a sensor detacher ? when i go shopping its usually at the mall and every store has a sensor on every piece of clothing. sometimes the employee;s miss an article of clothing but its not very often. do ya'l just rip a whole in the clothing to slip the sensor through or what?
I think almost every shoplifter owns one.

Go order both a detacher and a hook from Vinni. It's totally worth it!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:47 PM
jakoxocer jakoxocer is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd421 View Post
how many of you guys have a sensor detacher ? when i go shopping its usually at the mall and every store has a sensor on every piece of clothing. sometimes the employee;s miss an article of clothing but its not very often. do ya'l just rip a whole in the clothing to slip the sensor through or what?
You don't actually need one.

You could build a booster bag enclosure.

Put the items of clothing you want to steal in it, and make sure it is closed properly.

When you get home, burn off or smash off the tags. Obviously using a hook / magnet would be easier.

Last edited by jakoxocer; 05-27-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Ordinator Ordinator is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Thanks: 84
Thanked 395 Times in 267 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso0 View Post
My friend sometimes feels bad upon walking out, but it quickly goes away and excitement takes over. My friend doesn't sell his stolen merchandise, he just keeps at all and now has an enormous amount of expensive clothing just sitting in his closet.
I don't understand how casual shoplifting can be exciting, it's something you stole to most likely use yourself, thus it's like buying something. When I buy something I don't get excited, unless it's a car or the like. It's such a minor crime that even if you decide to sell what you get, it's still $10-30 usually which is basically nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 AM
johnrox9 johnrox9 is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Can someone link me to a place/person that sells detachers that commonly come on shoes such as Nikes and Jordans?

Also, will one detacher work for most kinds? DOn't want to have to buy so many different detachers.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-28-2013, 01:29 AM
jakoxocer jakoxocer is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrox9 View Post
Can someone link me to a place/person that sells detachers that commonly come on shoes such as Nikes and Jordans?

Also, will one detacher work for most kinds? DOn't want to have to buy so many different detachers.
What security tag is on them ?

Got a picture ? You only need a magnet, or a hook.

Google sensormatic tag, is that it ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-28-2013, 01:40 AM
ownie35 ownie35 is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanks: 27
Thanked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
How I wish Nordstrom didn't have notorious LP! It would be a paradise filled with designer clothes donation for us! gaaahh
Eric definitely agrees with you. His favorite clothing brand is Hugo Boss, but he only has 1 dress shirt and 1 pair of trousers from Hugo Boss, which he got at a thrift store.

The only time he's even been to Nordstrom, he tried to get a pair of HB jeans and practically got molested by a homosexual employee.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-28-2013, 02:19 AM
soso0's Avatar
soso0 soso0 is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 84
Thanked 150 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
I don't understand how casual shoplifting can be exciting, it's something you stole to most likely use yourself, thus it's like buying something. When I buy something I don't get excited, unless it's a car or the like. It's such a minor crime that even if you decide to sell what you get, it's still $10-30 usually which is basically nothing.
Well its more for the thrill of it, and knowing it was free.
__________________
Bang Bang
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Kiddo (05-28-2013)
  #21  
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 AM
bling bling bling bling is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 496
Thanked 822 Times in 495 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

when i stole the items it give me peace
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Kiddo Kiddo is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: under your bed
Thanks: 155
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso0 View Post
Well its more for the thrill of it, and knowing it was free.
And simply because of the item itself. What girl/woman doesn't appreciate designer clothes for free?

EDIT: personally, as a girl I truly enjoy shopping, and shoplifting is just like shopping except you don't pay for them.

Last edited by Kiddo; 05-28-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Kiddo Kiddo is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: under your bed
Thanks: 155
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrox9 View Post
Can someone link me to a place/person that sells detachers that commonly come on shoes such as Nikes and Jordans?

Also, will one detacher work for most kinds? DOn't want to have to buy so many different detachers.
If you can't even do your own research on detachers, maybe you shouldn't shoplift with it yet. Not saying this to be mean, but because if you get caught with it, you'll be charged for burglary. So make sure you're experienced enough to carry one with you.

Anyway, back to your question- you can get one from Vinni. His ad is right on top of the page.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Lunes Lunes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Thanks: 144
Thanked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?


This video seems to suggest just how easy stealing clothes is. It's almost a joke, really.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:40 PM
jakoxocer jakoxocer is offline
Knight
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
If you can't even do your own research on detachers, maybe you shouldn't shoplift with it yet. Not saying this to be mean, but because if you get caught with it, you'll be charged for burglary. So make sure you're experienced enough to carry one with you.

Anyway, back to your question- you can get one from Vinni. His ad is right on top of the page.
Do booster bags count as burglary tools ?

What about a normal plastic bag I carry around with the sole purpose of putting shoplifted items in it ?

In the UK you get a "going equipped to steal" charge.

Walking around with detachers is risky. A good idea would be to booster bag the item and when at home, just smash the tag off.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:54 PM
bling bling bling bling is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks: 496
Thanked 822 Times in 495 Posts
Default Re: why is it so easy to shoplift clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakoxocer View Post
Do booster bags count as burglary tools ?

What about a normal plastic bag I carry around with the sole purpose of putting shoplifted items in it ?

In the UK you get a "going equipped to steal" charge.

Walking around with detachers is risky. A good idea would be to booster bag the item and when at home, just smash the tag off.
just build a "ordinary homemade bag made out of normal items".. the items aluminum foil/ copper and duct tape

half the bags thes silly women are carrying are all sparkly and shiny enough that mag pie start robbin them
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Nick9075 Nick9075 is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

What about wardrobing or deshopping? Buy, wear and return - just be aware of stores return policy


[SIZE="1"]Posted from Zoklet.net App for Android[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Kiddo (05-30-2013)
  #28  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Nick9075 Nick9075 is offline
Serf
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownie35
Quote:
By
Originally Posted by Kiddo

How I wish Nordstrom didn't have notorious LP! It would be a paradise filled with designer clothes donation for us! gaaahh

Eric definitely agrees with you. His favorite clothing brand is Hugo Boss, but he only has 1 dress shirt and 1 pair of trousers from Hugo Boss, which he got at a thrift store.

The only time he's even been to Nordstrom, he tried to get a pair of HB jeans and practically got molested by a homosexual employee.
Describe this molestation attempt? He could file a sexual harassment or assault lawsuit



[SIZE="1"]Posted from Zoklet.net App for Android[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
clothes, easy, shoplift

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clothes hangers ,hangers for clothes,wooden hanger hellokittycat The Trading Pit 16 09-30-2013 02:11 PM
easy way to shoplift expensive items. scotchbear Bad Ideas 14 04-01-2012 10:35 PM
[Services]I will paypal you money for doing easy easy work. Posting on internet. vinipooh123@gmail The Trading Pit 21 06-11-2009 06:55 PM
EASY EASY way to make a bunch of money Macgruber Bad Ideas 19 03-10-2009 08:46 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.