Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Knight

Default This just in, man cashes fake joke check from junk mail, check is accidently REAL!!

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/93a47a62-d...#axzz2UtzZ4rU3

Secondly, I learned that what I thought was a fake cheque was legally a real cheque. A little-known change in the 1990 Uniform Commercial Code made it so that the words “non-negotiable” printed on a cheque do not invalidate it.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
rustyshackleford420 (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Baron

Default Re: This just in, man cashes fake joke check from junk mail, check is accidently REAL

Skimmed it a little but it says it was teller error more than anything. Also if that picture at the top is the cheque this happened 18 years ago
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Marquis

Default Re: This just in, man cashes fake joke check from junk mail, check is accidently REAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobitis View Post
Skimmed it a little but it says it was teller error more than anything. Also if that picture at the top is the cheque this happened 18 years ago
He gave them three weeks and repeatedly tried to confirm whether he could keep the money. More likely a computer error imo.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Serf

Lmao! Now if only I could get my hands on one of those checks...
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshackleford420 View Post
He gave them three weeks and repeatedly tried to confirm whether he could keep the money. More likely a computer error imo.
Oh yeah he gave them more than enough time, fairs fair. I just think this would only work once in a lifetime as so many people at the bank would have to screw up at once, like the stars aligning or some shit.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobitis View Post
teller error??

no, it was the stupid ass business that sent it to him....the teller did the right thing, that junk mail business should get fucking suedddd
legendaryninjacutter (05-31-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Mud Farmer

pretty sure from MY quick skim that i confirmed its the same story that IS actually fairly old, but the best bit seems to have been missed by the others commenting, about where they (the bank) actually stole the money back from him (at the end of the story)!

and if the same story for those not fully reading he ended up with the support of a professor who wrote THE main textbook about cheques (apparently was initially going to ignore him like all the other crazies who try to contact him with similar stuff, but he actually noticed it was all legit and supported the guy). Made it onto good morning america or seomthing like that as well i believe
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by backset View Post
pretty sure from MY quick skim that i confirmed its the same story that IS actually fairly old, but the best bit seems to have been missed by the others commenting, about where they (the bank) actually stole the money back from him (at the end of the story)!

and if the same story for those not fully reading he ended up with the support of a professor who wrote THE main textbook about cheques (apparently was initially going to ignore him like all the other crazies who try to contact him with similar stuff, but he actually noticed it was all legit and supported the guy). Made it onto good morning america or seomthing like that as well i believe
Something fishy about this story, if the legal system could not tell it was fake how could anyone???!!(since it was in fact real)