Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > Religion and Spirituality

Old 08-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Count

Default All religious people are delusional.

Delusion = false belief: a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition

All god believing people are delusional. What do you delusional people have to say about that? I'm sure that Richard Dawkins is smarter then your are. Read The God Delusion. And ArmsMerchant this is on topic! This thread does not exist just to bash religion!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Baron

Default Re: All religious people are delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmailMyPants View Post
Delusion = false belief: a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition

All god believing people are delusional. What do you delusional people have to say about that? I'm sure that Richard Dawkins is smarter then your are. Read The God Delusion. And ArmsMerchant this is on topic! This thread does not exist just to bash religion!
*Coughcough* Anyways, I've been meaning to read this book ever since the review on Colbert. That good, huh?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Count

It's better than the bible.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Count

Recently I have been watching The Colbert Report and daily show, although I want johny back!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Sex Cucumber

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,487 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Zanick

Quote:
There is a range of normality and normal religious belief is generally considered to fit within it because it doesn't warrant a diagnosis of any psychotic disorder when a patient doesn't present with other positive symptoms.

Quote:
I'm sure that Richard Dawkins is smarter then your are. Read The God Delusion.
Appealing to authority. You don't know that your reader necessarily has a lower IQ than Dawkins, and even if they did it wouldn't make them correct.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:

To prove a belief is false, you must disprove it. To disprove something you must prove something. Which, when it comes to deities, you simply cannot. At least not in the current model.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Count

Exactly just because Charles Manson has a high IQ and believes in God doesn't make him right. You are delusional if you believe in something with zero evidence.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,694 Posts

You're wrong.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Count

Richard Dawkins is a god! Read The God Delusion and let me know what you think about it.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Thanked 2,899 Times in 1,768 Posts

Richard Dawkins and I disbelieve in the same God--the outmoded, petty, and inhumane deity in the Old Testament, an artifact of the Piscean Age.

My God--and the God of millions of others--is not a body or entity, is not some invisible friend in the sky, or Santa Claus on steroids, but the spark of divinty whcih resides within us all, which create and sustains everything, and links everything together.

His book is a classic example of the straw man fallacy.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Count

ArmsMerchant lay of off the lsd, it is really affecting your brain negatively. If you can't prove said god exist you are delusional!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsMerchant View Post
His book is a classic example of the straw man fallacy.
No, it's not.

The vast majority of the world does not believe in your god. They believe in the Judeo-Christian god; the personal, answers prayers, and follows the teachings of the bible or Koran kind.

If you had read it before dismissing it, you'd know he addresses other types of god, but is concentrating on this particular conception. How is it a strawman to write a book where you acknowledge the existence of other conceptions of god, but focus primarily on one? It isn't.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanked 2,899 Times in 1,768 Posts

As I have said before, Dawkins wirites about organized religon, for which I have little use, and says nothing about spirituality..

I have even less use, however, for stridant militant atheist ideologues.

As far as the conception of God goes, my view is shared by followers of CWG, ACIM, Deepak Chopra, Spinoza, the Urantia Book, Wayne Dyer, Gary Zukav, John Wheeler (a physicist who was a colleague of Einsteins), a shitload of other quantum physicists, Tony Roberts--I could go on and on.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Grander Duke

Thanked 3,002 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote:
Recently I have been watching The Colbert Report and daily show, although I want johny back!
are you kidding jon oliver actually asks interesting questions, he fucking raped kirsten jello-brand™ in that interview the other night. jon leibowitz is a shill.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsMerchant View Post
As I have said before, Dawkins wirites about organized religon, for which I have little use, and says nothing about spirituality..

I have even less use, however, for stridant militant atheist ideologues.
Neat. Good for you. None of this changes your bullshit allegation.

There is nothing fallacious about writing a book with a target audience in mind. He wrote that book with the American Christians in mind. He does not claim that other conceptions of god don't exist. He acknowledges that, and even talks about those gods. He just concentrates on the Judeo-Christian interpretation of god because that's his target audience.

Quote:
As far as the conception of God goes, my view is shared by followers of CWG, ACIM, Deepak Chopra, Spinoza, the Urantia Book, Wayne Dyer, Gary Zukav, John Wheeler (a physicist who was a colleague of Einsteins), a shitload of other quantum physicists, Tony Roberts--I could go on and on.
Who are still a tiny minority of people when compared to the rest of the world. Dawkins was talking to the majority, not your minority.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Raspberry Jam (08-13-2013)
Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pat-Man View Post
are you kidding jon oliver actually asks interesting questions, he fucking raped kirsten jello-brand™ in that interview the other night. jon leibowitz is a shill.
John Oliver is pretty good, but I want a american accent person back!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Count

Rust owned Arms. I swear so many people try to talk all intelligent like just to make their ideas look better.