Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Old 01-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Peasant

Default has democracy done more harm than good

Many people say that governments derived from the consent of the governed are the best. The will of the people determines the direction a nation takes. However I disagree, democracy allow the stupid to have a voice. The average person believes whatever the new tells them and votes on the party line. Corporations are behind all the power and a corrupt and inefficient society develops for example modern day America. Democracy allow for special interests to manipulate the sheep. The ideal government is a dictatorship under a sane man. The intelligent should rule the stupid and the strong should rule the weak. Under the direction of one sane man a high civilization can develop an empire if you will.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Baron

Default Re: has democracy done more harm than good

the intelligent never gave up power, they just manipulate the stupid into electing them

one dude would be just as prone to fucking things up via corruption and inefficiency as the collective polity

democracy is the best we got so far, the reason it sucks is because humans evolved to operate in family and tribal scale communities, but now we number in the billions and human life doesn't have much value- the idea of "the people" is an abstract concept to politicians, most are too far removed to connect to the concrete reality of their decisions on the day-to-day lives of "citizens"

we get the government we deserve
Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron View Post
the intelligent never gave up power, they just manipulate the stupid into electing them

one dude would be just as prone to fucking things up via corruption and inefficiency as the collective polity

democracy is the best we got so far, the reason it sucks is because humans evolved to operate in family and tribal scale communities, but now we number in the billions and human life doesn't have much value- the idea of "the people" is an abstract concept to politicians, most are too far removed to connect to the concrete reality of their decisions on the day-to-day lives of "citizens"

we get the government we deserve
I would rather live in a strong secure empire as opposed to place ruled by corporations.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Knight

Thumbs Up Re: has democracy done more harm than good

It's kind of ironic that you call an enormous group of people stupid while being unable to go beyond a cliché and especially angsty notion of democracy yourself.

Last edited by Drusus; 01-04-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by the krum View Post
I would rather live in a strong secure empire as opposed to place ruled by corporations.
then move