Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 AM

Default IV Fentanyl

I can get these 50mcg/hour "transdermal duragesic system" patches and was wondering if they can be IV'ed. I shoot heroin pretty regularly and was wondering if it would get me high. Im actually going to split it with my brother so if I shoot half of it will it get me high?

And if it isn't shootable, will it get me high if I just cut strips off and put them at my gums?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Knight

Default Re: IV Fentanyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpryor View Post
just cut strips off and put them at my gums?
This. As far as IV'ing it I'm not sure. Just be very careful in whatever you try to do.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Wealthy Merchant

You'd have to extract the Fent out of the patch, not really sure how to do that with those shitty non gel ones. And anyways it probably isn't a good idea to eyeball a dosage, a very little amount over the threshold and you might not wake up from your nod.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Marquis

Just put the patch on and shoot a bag of herion and if it's good herion only shoot a half of a bag. Fentanyl is the best drug to mix with that shit and makes it so much more potent, but be careful if you do this.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular

Need more info really.

Are they gel pathces or do they look more like peper kinda?

We udes to get 100 mcg an hour ones that were supposed to last for three days.

Of course you can shoot up anything. If it is a gel patch yse you could shoot it up but i wouldnt advise that.

What we used to do was cut open the gel patches and get all the liquid out, mix it with flower, let it dry, then snort it. That worked perfectly.

But fentanyl is some serious shit man, i really really really advise that you dont shoot it.

My friend od'ed and died on fentanyl and valium.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Duke

I've been given it once IV by a doctor, be careful with it. It would be easy to OD if you shoot it.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Banned

You always make these threads about shooting crack and heroin and fentanyl. I think your full of shit but your gonna fuck yourself up shooting fent.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Baron

I was going to be a bastard and say shoot the whole patch, but I don't like death.

Don't fucking shoot Fent. That's absurd.

Now, the below is in now way an exact calculation, and should not be taken as such. It is an estimation, designed to show why Fentanyl in IV is a pretty bad idea.

It's not like heroin, which you can see in effective doses. If its 50 ug/h, how many hours is it? 48? 72? I'll be nice and say 48. That comes out to 2.4mg if you do a decent extraction. Also, they have to add extra Fent for the patches, so you might have about 2.8 or 3mg of Fentanyl. Assuming you split it with your brother, that's about 1.2-1.5mg of Fentanyl. Forgetting momentarily that you can't see that with the naked eye, let's do a nice comparison. Fentanyl is 100 times more potent than Morphine, so you're essentially IV'ing 150mg of Morphine. Cosidering Morphine is about half as potent as Heroin, you'd be IV'ing 75mg of Heroin. That is well above the LD50. No matter if it's your first time or you have a fucking field of poppies.

Now, take into account that you can't fucking see 1.5mg of fentanyl with the naked eye. Your extraction will probably be most shitty, so that works to your advantage. Let's say that the potency of your extract is 20%, which is probably generous. This comes out to the visual equivalent of 7.5mg. And that doesn't take into account the density of the components. 7.5mg might be about a grain or two of sand, which is about a guaranteed OD, unless you have microscopic and lab equipment. I'm going to assume you don't, since you're asking questions about IV Fentanyl. If you do a shittier extraction, like a CWE or some shit and evaporate it, you're 1. Injecting binders and gels and weird shit into your veins, and 2. Not having any clue how much Fent you're injecting.

TL;DR: Don't fuck with IV'ing Fentanyl. If you really want to do Fent, go oral as bioavailability is much lower.

Last edited by Manifesto; 07-02-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto View Post
I was going to be a bastard and say shoot the whole patch, but I don't like death.

It's not like heroin, which you can see in effective doses. If its 50 ug/h, how many hours is it? 48? 72? I'll be nice and say 48. That comes out to 2.4mg if you do a decent extraction. Also, they have to add extra Fent for the patches, so you might have about 2.8 or 3mg of Fentanyl. Assuming you split it with your brother, that's about 1.2-1.5mg of Fentanyl. Forgetting momentarily that you can't see that with the naked eye, let's do a nice comparison. Fentanyl is 100 times more potent than Morphine, so you're essentially IV'ing 150mg of Morphine. Cosidering Morphine is about half as potent as Heroin, you'd be IV'ing 75mg of Heroin. That is well above the LD50. No matter if it's your first time or you have a fucking field of poppies.

Now, take into account that you can't fucking see 1.5mg of fentanyl with the naked eye. Your extraction will probably be most shitty, so that works to your advantage. Let's say that the potency of your extract is 20%, which is probably generous. This comes out to the visual equivalent of 7.5mg. And that doesn't take into account the density of the components. 7.5mg might be about a grain or two of sand, which is about a guaranteed OD, unless you have microscopic and lab equipment. I'm going to assume you don't, since you're asking questions about IV Fentanyl. If you do a shittier extraction, like a CWE or some shit and evaporate it, you're 1. Injecting binders and gels and weird shit into your veins, and 2. Not having any clue how much Fent you're injecting.

TL;DR: Don't fuck with IV'ing Fentanyl. If you really want to do Fent, go oral as bioavailability is much lower.
All fent patches are for 72 hours

You are correct that they add extra, but you under estimated how much they add. (My Mylan 25mcg/hr patches have 2.55mg and the Mylan 50mcg/hr ones have 5.1mg)

Fentanyl is 80 times more potent than morphine, not 100.

You can't say that Xmg morphine = Ymg of heroin because all street heroin is of varying strength

The LD50 of heroin, or any opiate for that matter, is irrelevant when dealing with someone with tolerance. Someone with high enough tolerance can safely take several times the LD50 dose for the intolerant.

7.5mg of what? Where did you get that number from and what the fuck are you talking about in that part?

You cant possibly do a CWE to extract fent from patches. That doesnt even make sense at all.

Quote:
Don't fucking shoot Fent. That's absurd.
^The one right thing you said.

OP: Do not shoot fentanyl. I dont care how high your tolerance is, shooting fent is an unacceptible risk. Just snort/smoke/chew it if you want to get off on the fent alone.

OR you could wear the patch while dosing, but be sure to use less than 1/2 your regular dose. And you should start 12 hours after putting on the patch because they can take up to that long to start working.

OR you could just save the patch for a rainy day because wearing the thing like normal will keep you well for 72+ hours.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces N 8s View Post

You can't say that Xmg morphine = Ymg of heroin because all street heroin is of varying strength
Saying 100 times is probably better, sicne if you say it's more potent and adjust accordingly, you'll only be doing less, so your not as likely to fuck up(read: die)

And i think he means pure morphine and pure heroin. Street heroin is still the same potency as pure, but because it's cut usually, it's %heroin is less then pure, so you end up using less. Or something like that....
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
All fent patches are for 72 hours
No...

Quote:
You are correct that they add extra, but you under estimated how much they add. (My Mylan 25mcg/hr patches have 2.55mg and the Mylan 50mcg/hr ones have 5.1mg)
Really? I didn't know that. I've never done fentanyl, so I don't know.

Quote:
Not according to Wikipedia.
Quote:
All the more so. He's used to using impure chemicals, so when dealing with purer chemicals he is more likely to estimate a higher dose.

Quote:
The LD50 of heroin, or any opiate for that matter, is irrelevant when dealing with someone with tolerance. Someone with high enough tolerance can safely take several times the LD50 dose for the intolerant.
Even with a high Tolerance, 75mg of Heroin would be a very high dose. I'm sorry, I should not have said LD50. I meant dose required to OD. There is a big difference between OD'ing and death.

Quote:
7.5mg of what? Where did you get that number from and what the fuck are you talking about in that part?
I'm saying that even at low purity, we're still dealing with extremely small quantities of Fentanyl. I'm talking about trying to visually estimate a dose.

Quote:
You cant possibly do a CWE to extract fent from patches. That doesnt even make sense at all.
Hence the "or some shit." I have no idea how he plans to go from patches to IV, but it's probably not too sophisticated a method.

I'm not all too experienced with or knowledgeable about Opiates. I'm trying to give a rough Idea of why it's stupid to IV fentanyl.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy_9005 View Post
Saying 100 times is probably better, sicne if you say it's more potent and adjust accordingly, you'll only be doing less, so your not as likely to fuck up(read: die)

And i think he means pure morphine and pure heroin. Street heroin is still the same potency as pure, but because it's cut usually, it's %heroin is less then pure, so you end up using less. Or something like that....
Misinformation about drugs is bad no matter what its primary effects. Saying a drug is stronger than it is because that will make the user more careful about it is what people are doing when they say weed is addictive and dangerous and all that shit. Its still wrong.

Manifesto,

All patches are designed to last 72 hours, but some doctors have their patients switch them every 48 hours becasue they are less effective on the 3rd day.

Heres my source for saying that fentanyl is 80x stronger than morphine: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/concern/fentanyl.html

The DEA is more credible than wikipedia, so thats what I use.

I understand that youre not very knowledgeable about this stuff, but talking like you know more than you do and posting unfounded info can have serious consequences. At the very least you should post a warning telling the OP not to take your word as gospel if youre going to give an opinion at all.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular

Im telling you guys, the easiest way to get fuckered up on fentanyl is to cut open the patch, mix it with flower, or baby powder, let it dry out, chop it up finely, and snort it.

Ive done it countless times.

Trust an ex opiate addict!!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Maud'Dib

Thanked 1,412 Times in 936 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

Inb4 insaneike

ohwait
On every golden scale! ..."
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Baron

Quote:
I understand that youre not very knowledgeable about this stuff, but talking like you know more than you do and posting unfounded info can have serious consequences. At the very least you should post a warning telling the OP not to take your word as gospel if youre going to give an opinion at all.
Oh, please. As I said, I'm giving him a rough idea of why IVing Fentanyl is stupid unless you have a way of determining exact doses. OP cannot tell the difference between an effective dose and an overdose, most likely. Let me say that in no way are my calculations exact, or even close. But it should give you an idea of why Fent is stupid IV.

Also, what do you know! My source is the DEA too :| http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/dr...n/fentanyl.htm You know, if you click the little superscript link, it takes you too a magical place. Learn to Wikipedia please.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo in a box View Post
Inb4 insaneike

ohwait
Wait a sec, I remember that guy from BLTC back in '04, '05... what happened to him? OD?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Max View Post
Wait a sec, I remember that guy from BLTC back in '04, '05... what happened to him? OD?
Nah, hes fine. He just got tired of the kidiots in BLTC and left. He's still a highly respected regular over at opiophile.

Manifesto, I have no problem with rough ideas or half assed calculations. But, like I said, I do have a problem with you making them and not saying so in your first post. I didnt look at your wikipedia source beacuse wikipedia is not a credible source.

Im not trying to start a flame war with you or anything. I just disagreed with the info you posted and wanted to help clear up any confusion.

Last edited by Aces N 8s; 07-02-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Baron

Quote:
Nah, hes fine. He just got tired of the kidiots in BLTC and left. He's still a highly respected regular over at opiophile.

Manifesto, I have no problem with rough ideas or half asses calculations. But, like I said, I do have a problem with you making them and not saying so in yoru first post. I didnt look at your wikipedia source beacuse wikipedia is not a credible source.

Im not trying to start a flame war with you or anything. I just disagreed with the info you posted and wanted to help clear up any confusion.
It's cool. Sorry I got pissed. I'll edit my OP right now.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Reality Apologist (07-04-2009)
Old 07-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Regular

Quote:
It's cool. Sorry I got pissed. I'll edit my OP right now.
Its all good. Thank you for being so mature about it. We need more posters like you around here who are open to a mutually respectful two way discussion
Manifesto (07-03-2009)
Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Knight

I used to shoot fent all the time...and im still alive (with a couple of OD stories) its not hard if they are the gel...depending on how far you are into dealing with fent..When I shot it I would shoot half a 100 mcg/hr patch..or around half since its hard to get an exact amount..

Last edited by k4aic; 07-03-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
You always make these threads about shooting crack and heroin and fentanyl. I think your full of shit but your gonna fuck yourself up shooting fent.
Why am I full of shit? You think I come on here and ask about these things but don't really do it? What sense would that make? Notice that I never post unless I'm not sure about something and need advice. Fuck off.
T.K. Baha (07-03-2009)
Old 07-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Marquis

Sad Re: IV Fentanyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo in a box View Post
Inb4 insaneike

ohwait
Aw fuck, tell me it ain't so.

Edit: Whew. It ain't so. Should have read farther.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4aic View Post
I used to shoot fent all the time...and im still alive (with a couple of OD stories) its not hard if they are the gel...depending on how far you are into dealing with fent..When I shot it I would shoot half a 100 mcg/hr patch..or around half since its hard to get an exact amount..

Take how ever much you want/need and put into a spoon...draw up a capful of water or cap and a half put it in the spoon also. Cook that shit till it gets a little bubbly then mix it around a minute with the rig...take cotton and put the cotton in the middle of the heated fent ...draw up and there you go..
its that easy..
No you didn't.

100mcg/hr fentanyl gel patches contain a minimum of 10mg of fentanyl. Half of that would mean 5mg of fentanyl, which when mainlined is equivalent to 1000mg of oral oxycodone. I absolutely do not believe that you (or anyone else here) have ever had a high enough tolerance to survive that kind of a dose all at once straight into a vein.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular

^^im not so sure about that one^^

I used to snort it and i could do about a half a patch at once. I know bangin makes it stronger but not THAT much stronger.

I think with a high enough tolerance to fent, you could shoot a half a patch.

Also, 0.5 mcg equals 1 mg of oxy.

I dunno it just doesnt seem that far fetched that one could shoot a half a patch of fent.

Abnd according to this fent conversion table, shooting half of a 300 patch (which would be 150 mcg an hour, would only be equal to 123-150 mgs of IVED oxy.

http://www.globalrph.com/fent.cgi
Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular

however according to this one:

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

you were correct.

But then what is 5mg of fent equivalent to in oxy wen snorted?

cause i used to get the three day patches and theyd last me two days, working out to about 5mg;s a day snorted.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Knight

Quote:
No you didn't.

100mcg/hr fentanyl gel patches contain a minimum of 10mg of fentanyl. Half of that would mean 5mg of fentanyl, which when mainlined is equivalent to 1000mg of oral oxycodone. I absolutely do not believe that you (or anyone else here) have ever had a high enough tolerance to survive that kind of a dose all at once straight into a vein.
Um no...where the fuck did you come up with that equivelent...each box of fentanyl comes with a packet and conversion chart so let me see where in that paper it says that? I know for a fact that is not the right conversion chart..look in the box it says what it compares to. You pulled that number out of your ass. And I also know someone who had shot a whole 75 mcg/hr patch in one hit..Fent is not that strong even tho its 80x more than morphine

And I was also abusing them for like 3 years on a 3-4x a week basis before I got to that point so yea I could do it. If you would like you can get me one and I will do it in front of you to show you it can be done.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLegend View Post
^^im not so sure about that one^^

I used to snort it and i could do about a half a patch at once. I know bangin makes it stronger but not THAT much stronger.

I think with a high enough tolerance to fent, you could shoot a half a patch.

Also, 0.5 mcg equals 1 mg of oxy.

I dunno it just doesnt seem that far fetched that one could shoot a half a patch of fent.

Abnd according to this fent conversion table, shooting half of a 300 patch (which would be 150 mcg an hour, would only be equal to 123-150 mgs of IVED oxy.

http://www.globalrph.com/fent.cgi
.5mcg of fentanyl administered how? is equal to 1mg of oxy administered HOW? Bioavailability is a HUGE factor when discussing conversions. Without saying how the drugs are administered your statement is useless.

Yes, according to that chart a 150mcg/hr patch is equal to 123-150mg of oxy, but ut youre forgetting that:
A) Those patches contain more fentanyl in them than the dose per hour x hours theyre to be worn for. (For example my 25mcg/hr patches are to be worn for 72 hours, which is a total of 1800mcg. But the patches contain 2.5mg = 2,500mcg).
B) Half a patch would be much more than 1 days worth of meds.
C) That chart says NOTHING about shooting the fentanyl, its a conversion table for WEARING the patch. Shooting it would be dozens of times stronger.
D) the dose for the oxy given is the TOTAL amount of IV oxy given to the patient throughout the day. Not all at once.

Sorry to burst your bubble, man. But you completely misread that chart. It is a physician's tool that converts a patients total daily opioid intake from whatever he's on, to the proper dose of transdermally delivered fentanyl in units of micrograms per hour for 72 hours.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Knight

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=U...icp=1&.intl=us

THE REAL CONVERSION chart and NO it is not "dozens of times Stronger", geez some of you are dumber than BLTC from &T
Old 07-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular

Quote:
Um no...where the fuck did you come up with that equivelent...each box of fentanyl comes with a packet and conversion chart so let me see where in that paper it says that? I know for a fact that is not the right conversion chart..look in the box it says what it compares to. You pulled that number out of your ass. And I also know someone who had shot a whole 75 mcg/hr patch in one hit..Fent is not that strong even tho its 80x more than morphine

And I was also abusing them for like 3 years on a 3-4x a week basis before I got to that point so yea I could do it. If you would like you can get me one and I will do it in front of you to show you it can be done.
THE CONVERSION CHART SAYS THE EQUIVALENT FOR WEARING THE FUCKING PATCH!!!

INTRAVENOUS Fentanyl is much much much stronger than wearing it because the bioavailability is WAY higher and it is all delivered at once.

I didnt pull that number out of my ass. I got it from a widely known and trusted conversion website: http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi Go there and convert 5mg IV fentanyl to oral oxycodone. It will come up as 1000mg oxycodone being the equivalent dose.

If your post is any evidence of your intelligence, then he could have been shooting up a nictoine patch without you noticing the fucking difference.

Jesus Christ! I enjoy coming here to help, talk about drugs out and all, but could you kids at least do some legit research and seriously question/investigate your findings before you come here and question/flame me for correcting you.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Knight

I dont buy it I just showed you the table with the conversion chart...and umm I have done research because I used to fuck with that shit for years
Old 07-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Knight

and I checked your site and that conversion chart is NOT for PATCH conversion that is IM and IV meaning Intramuscular/Intravenous which is NOT the PATCH that is the liquid shit from the Doctor...and what number did you put in for the cross tolerance percetage...which would vary from person to person so YOUR CHART is not RIGHT

if you put in 25% reduction then the number goes from 1000 mg to 750...so you can not get an accurate reading on that unless you know your cross tolerance.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Knight

they do not have the conversion chart for the patches or the fentanyl pills (fentora) so your full of shit and that chart you gave can get someone killed..the chart with the patches is the most accurate for conversion ...that is by the drug maker not some shitty ass website that anyone could have created
Old 07-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular

Quote:
I dont buy it I just showed you the table with the conversion chart...and umm I have done research because I used to fuck with that shit for years
I have read the prescribing information, too. But it seems that, unlike you, I actually understood what I was reading.

Good job linking info with text too small to read, so you can claim that it agrees with you. Unfortunately I actually have the prescribing information with me from my prescription.

Exactly which conversion table are you referring to that disagrees whith what Im saying? Because Im staring at the page right now and none of it has anything to do with IV fentanyl strength relative to transdermally administered fentanyl or any other narcotic.

YOURE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AS THE OTHER GUY!!!
Both of you are totally misreading the prescribing information and charts.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Knight

Grr you know you can go into "view" on your toolbar and change the size of the font...I had to do that and zoom in on it and it was near the bottom of the page..
and No I am not misreading it because the bioavailability is NOT that different IV to oral..

and if you did have that chart with you the whole time then why did you need to look on some weird site that makes no sense?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Regular

one time i was in the hospital and they had fentanyl whenever i pressed a button
Old 07-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Baron

Aces, don't even try. These guys don't know what bioavailability means.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Regular

Quote:
Aces, don't even try. These guys don't know what bioavailability means.
Honestly, its like arguing with a third grader. I can explain all the technical aspects to their fullest ends, but I can never make these kids understand.

Atleast the intelligent posters here get what im saying.

I could keep trying to convince them i suppose but I really dont feel like writing a discourse on the meaning and significance of Peak Plasma Concentration. (thats a hint if you all want to figure this out on your own).

Last edited by Aces N 8s; 07-04-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:59 AM
Baron

Quote:
Honestly, its like arguing with a third grader. I can explain all the technical aspects to their fullest ends, but I can never make these kids understand.

Atleast the intelligent posters here get what im saying.
Yeah... sometimes I hope the kidiots OD anyway.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Regular

Aces i dont know why your trying to argue with me, i said you were right.

I dont claim to know all the technical differences between all these things (which you seems to)

I was simply trying to look it up for myself rather than just take what someone on the net said for gospel.

And no i didnt read the chart wrong. I wasnt talking about doing it all at once or anything, and i wasnt going by IV'ing the fentanyl, i was going by how much OXY it would be if you IVed it.

Your getting a bitchy little attitude with someone who was agreeing with you, dumb ass.

And i still say its not that much of a stretch for someone to shoot half a patch.

I used to know someone who needed around 400 mgs of OC to nod out, which to most people seems like it would be a deadly dose.

What im saying is that through tolerance its not that much of a stretch to me.

But like i said, i may be wrong, i dont claim to be an expert.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Peasant

It's ok Aces & 8s, i'm pretty sure that guy was trolling. I don't think anyone could argue that passionately about something so rediculous unless it was over religion or something.

also from that DEA site;
Quote:
Carfentanil (Wildnil®) is an analogue of fentanyl with an analgesic potency 10,000 times that of morphine
wholey shit.