Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Knight

Question actual meth v.s. "string dope"

So the google has failed me for the most part:

Does anyone out there have experience with both?

Does anyone know the actual chemical difference?

Is it true that the latter only has a half life of 7-10 days after being exposed to UV light?

Any other useful info?

note: this is all purely for research/discussion purposes.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM
is baked

Thanked 1,267 Times in 954 Posts
Default Re: actual meth v.s. "string dope"

http://gideonsguardians.blogspot.com...unny-meth.html

found this, as well as half a dozen others. I'd agree with the author, at the very least your missing an ingredient from all the stuff seen online.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Man, Myth,Legend.

Send a message via MSN to studious_redux

oh dear oh dear oh dear. Yet another gun bluing/ammonia myth. I'm suprised these keep resurfacing, although they are as old as the hills! Back when i was modding lab tips there were almost a weekly occurence. To put it shortly, this doesn't make meth, anything like meth, anything which will act in a similar way to meth. It's been tried and tested by respected people just to prove it wrong and it forms nothing more than black shite. Basic high school chemistry should tell you why this won't make meth or a meth substitute. Ever. Under any circumstance. Now put this to rest and stop perpetuating the bullshit.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Knight

Hmm...interesting.

Moar plox.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Knight

I'm interested in the actual chemical name if anyone knows it (I don't believe the fungus thing that guy's spouting).

No one in the comments seems to know the actual chemical name either...though I'm only about 3/4 done reading them.

I may or may not know a dumbass who is convinced he or she is going to try this and "you're a fucking retard" isn't getting through.

Also, shit's just interesting.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 PM
is baked

pretty sure he pointed out that the fungus was BS too, he was using it as an example.
If someones bound and determined to kill themselves, attempting to cook crank with recipes found off the internet is a GREAT way to go about it.
Oddly enough as i think about it, i'm pretty sure totse taught me that..

Audit some chem courses at a local college, learn the basics then start reading. it works a lot better if you've got a rough idea how to go about figuring out what's bullshit and what isn't.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

Yeah thats going to poison you if anything.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

If I had to guess, I would say that there's no such thing as string dope. If there were, it would be some designer phenethylamine. Maybe they modded the n-alkyl chain or possibly added an alpha ethyl group, or some such. Or, the most likely situation is that it's methcathinone, which is easily made from pseudo, would be dirty as sh!t, and would readily decomp back to pseudo providing little in the way of a high.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Man, Myth,Legend.

Send a message via MSN to studious_redux

and again, there is no such thing as string dope. It's not a designer PEA, it's not Mcat, there aren't the appropriate building blocks there to produce either of them. There is no 'chemical name' for it because you've not performed a reaction to produce a chemical, the only reaction that takes place is a neutralisation of the acids in the bluing by the ammonia solution. Jesus christ do you really think if this ridiculous bullshit produced something with even a passing similarity to meth people wouldn't be lining up at the gun and fish stores. Its a myth, just like bananadine and peanut skins and the like, that's passed on as true by idiots who failed elementary school chemistry and biology.

Last edited by studious_redux; 07-28-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by studious_redux View Post
and again, there is no such thing as string dope. It's not a designer PEA, it's not Mcat, there aren't the appropriate building blocks there to produce either of them. There is no 'chemical name' for it because you've not performed a reaction to produce a chemical, you've just produced a mixture of a load of random chemicals that make up the component ingredients. Jesus christ do you really think if this ridiculous bullshit produced something with even a passing similarity to meth people wouldn't be lining up at the gun and fish stores. Its a myth, just like bananadine and peanut skins and the like, that's passed on as true by idiots who failed elementary school chemistry and biology.
Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that when someone gets some sh!t that sucks ass, and they're like "aw, it must be string dope," it's probably either mcat cooked by some dumbass with peroxide or some PEA cooked by the Chinese. Not that gunblueing works or anything, just that I'm sure that every now and then some bunk sh!t makes it's rounds, and if it's not just really dirty meth, it's likely one of the two.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by studious_redux View Post
and again, there is no such thing as string dope. It's not a designer PEA, it's not Mcat, there aren't the appropriate building blocks there to produce either of them. There is no 'chemical name' for it because you've not performed a reaction to produce a chemical, the only reaction that takes place is a neutralisation of the acids in the bluing by the ammonia solution. Jesus christ do you really think if this ridiculous bullshit produced something with even a passing similarity to meth people wouldn't be lining up at the gun and fish stores. Its a myth, just like bananadine and peanut skins and the like, that's passed on as true by idiots who failed elementary school chemistry and biology.
No, I don't (not about this subject anyway), hence the asking. I'm neither a chemist nor part of the meth culture. I have a lot of regulars at my job who are meth heads and the talk my fucking ear off about the shit.

Every now and then I get interested when a new story pops up among them.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 AM
is baked

As an x tweeker, i say with all honesty, 90% of the bullshit we get excited about when spun is absolute bullshit, stupid, or a product of what's lovingly known as meth psychosis.
the number of tweekers who think they have any idea what they're talking about is far higher then the number that actually have a half a clue.

That said, a good chemist can work magick, and there are probably dozens if not hundreds of ways you could work your way from one set of unlikely ingredients to something that'll make your balls tingle.
a buddy of mine a few years back got popped throwing off a batch, i got to take a look at his court papers,
A good proffessional painter/contractor apparently has like 50 chemicals in the back of their truck that are legally counted as precursors.

downside is there's thousand or ten thousand rednecks tossing off a batch of some anny, for every true outlaw chemist.

In any case think the original question was answered. if swyn tries it anyway please link us to coroners report after. bleach crystals should provoke an interesting result.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Regular

i love me a pipe packed fat.