Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > Better Living Through Chemistry

Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 AM
The Boss

Default Preparing Opana ER for IV Injection?

So, Opana ER. I've just spent a few hours perusing various boards and such, but there's no definitive way to shoot Opana.

For those who aren't familiar with it, Opana has a time release technology surpassing the worst oxy/morphines we encounter. Silicone based, I believe. Crisping doesnt work.

One method claimed isopropyl alcohol could initially be used to stop the gelling, then evaporated off later. Another claimed that the Opana could be left in water overnight, and the matrix would break down. The last suggested an acid-base extraction, but I'm not buying the materials to do it, and really don't trust my limited chemistry knowledge when making something with hydrochloric acid and then injecting it.

Since I believe I've now covered every bit of info obtainable through google, common message forms, and the Opana website, I only want answers from people who have successfully injected Opana ER, or those with extensive chemistry knowledge who could take a look.

http://www.penwest.com/timerx_description.html
That's a link to a brief explanation of how this time release matrix works. It's pretty airtight.

Thanks,
mike
Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Archduke

Send a message via MSN to 5024L
Default Re: Preparing Opana ER for IV Injection?

Mmmmm Opana. I love Opana, I don't think I would IV it though.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aces N 8s

As far s I know, Opana ER can not be injected. The best junkie scientists in the world have been working on it but no one has found a worthwhile method yet.

The IR is easy as shit to IV as it has no gel or other anti-abuse mechs.

Just snort the Opana. its strong enough that even with the gel mech it will still fuck you up nice and good. And because its gel sitting in your nose, it will keep seeping out the OM for hours, and keep you nodding all night long.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Maud'Dib

Thanked 1,507 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5024L View Post
Mmmmm Opana. I love Opana, I don't think I would IV it though.
nevermind.

let us make sweet love under a cherry tree.
On every golden scale! ..."
Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
The Boss

Yeah, thats the consensus, but I know there has to be a way to shoot them, and with something this powerful it'd be worth figuring out. I'm getting two pills, and plan on devoting one entirely to attempted injections, via IPA and soaking overnight. The other will be insufflated.

mike
Old 08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Baron

Try going ahead and mixing it up so that it gels up like hell. Then let it sit for a little while. Then add about 50 units of water on top of the gel, but do not stir it up. By doing this you want the water to be seperate of the gel and to not mix up. Let it sit for a little while. Then get your rig and look in the spoon, there should be little pockets of water without any gel in them, you may have to draw the water back over and over but you should get a couple units every time. I have done this before and I believe it does waste alot of the drug but I did feel it.

Just remember, do not mix the additional 50 units of water in with the gel, just let the gel rest in the extra water.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM
The Boss

Well, NTP. wanna do a little more detail? How much oxymorphone (pill form) did you put in the mix, and how much would you say you shot?

Personally, I'm leaning towards 24 hours sitting in the water, because if it worked a little for you, it should work better with more time.

Well, a few more hours to go, anyone got advice?

mike
Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Regular

Like I said, for most people opana is so rare that its not worth the risk of wasting it by trying to extract it for IV. But if youre willing to take the chance then more power to you.

How many mg are going to be in your Opana ERs? Remember that IV opana is ungodly strong. 5mg Opana IV is equal to 87mg oxycodone IV. So in order to dose appropriately you should crush your pill in advance, and divide the powdered pills into safe doses for your tolerance, then try to prep those doses for IV.
Heres a conversion website to help you gage your doses: http://www.globalrph.com/narcoticonv.htm

Take those amounts of powder and test them 1 at a time. That way if you find a method that works, you wont waste your other doses by trying another extraction at the same time.

Your best bet for a successful extraction is to try one of the long release ones. The pills are designed to release the drug over a 12 hour period. So start by putting your powder in a solution (water, acidic water, whatever) and let it sit for 12 hours before drawing, filtering, and shooting the solution.

That is the most likely method to get you an injectable product. Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Baron

I used one of them green 20mg I belive they were shaped almost like a stop sign kind of. I've read that 1-2mg's provides a great rush. I would say that what I felt was a little stronger than when I shot a oxycontin 40. But more "rushey". I would say that with the 20 mg's I probably only ended up with 1-4 mg's in the syringe.

I was thinking to myself if you let the gel sit in the fridge for awhile that it would be less likely to mix with the extra units that I said to add.

I also ate the rest of the gel that was in the spoon.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:06 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces N 8s View Post
That's what I'm guessing will be most effective. The only thing I'm not sure of is investing only one dose in an extraction at a time. I figure that even if it is shootable after 12-24hrs, I'm only gonna be getting a fraction of a pill. Granted, it is very strong, but I'd feel less wasteful if I were to simply prepare half a pill for one syringe (2 extraction methods), stick it in a vein, and shoot CC by CC until I feel it.

These are gonna be the twenties, IIRC.

I've had oxymorphone before, and have only ever snorted it, though from what I hear, eating would be an utter waste of time.

For anyone else who gets it, know that oral and intranasal administration bioavailabilities are increased incredibly by consuming a high fat meal prior to ingestion.

Also, alcohol does appear to harm the time release, even according to the manufacturers.

If I am able to shoot it successfully, you damn well can expect a guide and report, because the internet is utterly lacking on this subject.

mike
Old 08-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksnowboarder View Post
That's what I'm guessing will be most effective. The only thing I'm not sure of is investing only one dose in an extraction at a time. I figure that even if it is shootable after 12-24hrs, I'm only gonna be getting a fraction of a pill. Granted, it is very strong, but I'd feel less wasteful if I were to simply prepare half a pill for one syringe (2 extraction methods), stick it in a vein, and shoot CC by CC until I feel it.

These are gonna be the twenties, IIRC.
The reason I suggested doing it one dose at a time is that way if the method you try doesnt work and all you wind up with is an un-shootable gob, then youve only wasted one dose. And If you do get a shootable yield you wont know the strength of the liquid you have. But if you only have one dose in there then even if your yield is 100% you wont be taking a dangerous amount.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
New Arrival

I used a finger nail file, and only filed down 1/6 of the opana 10mg ER into a large spoon, then with the powder spread all around the spoon i put heat to it and crisped it better than anything i mean make it brown brown brown until it starts smoking, then have your 1cc full and spray it onto the hot spoon which will start boiling, then suck up as mush as u can the gel will get to some of it, you should be sucking it up while its still bubbling, its not that great of a buzz, not as good as it should be, i am going to try the leave over night thing with just water, but i tried it with water and a little bit of lemon juice for acid to mimic your stomach and it just made a mess, but i am going to mess with the solution until it breaks down completely into the water even if it takes 10 years i am going to get a potentate solution from this some how, any tips will be great, o yeah and try that method i used, u atleast feel a tiny piece of the holy grail, but only cut off 2mg at most because some gets wasted, this means u can have several attempts at getting the method right because u have to be fast, good luck these opana's are evil i hope this solution looks better in a couple of days, i am going to let it sit until it totally evaporates, and then i am going to add water again and if it gels i will repeat the same process all over with the same solution, i am going to work with this solution until it gets right, does anyone know that if i heat the solution to a boil after letting it sit for 24 hours will the heat destroy the oxymorphone, i don't think it will because crsping didn't destroy it, i mean the way i crysped it i definitely got some good solution, just think it u had 10 opana er 10mg, and u could extract with the alcohol and 24 hour preparation, u could make ur self a large amount of holy grail to sit and enjoy for awhile, PEOPLE start testing and tell me whats next, what i should consider
Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Von Bass

Looks to have a very similar time release/gakking mechanism as is found on the high dosage pseudoephedrine tablets; 'cept one is designed to only have the actives gradually diffuse through an ungodly mesh of polymer like crap, and the other is designed to have the actives trapped in an ungodly mesh of polymer like crap.

Thus at a guess, a waterless acid base, and specifically one where the solvents used are entirely non polar, as is used by the tweakers who still reduce clean PSE with hydroiodic, would probably do the trick. As you say though, it runs a risk of injecting a mixture of insoluble matrix, various solvents (toluene, xylene, dichloromethane at a guess) and acids/bases, and mechanical losses could render a yield so low that it'd be pointless to continue. Something, I feel, only to look into if relatively large quantities can be found, and the startup capital to acquire clean solvents, chemicals and glassware could be invested.

Good luck either way, sorry I can't help really.

Edit : From reading around, you might be in luck if you were to soak ground up pill matter in anhydrous acidified methanol for 24 hours, preferably at say... thirty seven degrees centigrade. Assuming you had a high enough solvent volume not to have everything gel up into a useless blob, and enough chloroform to waste, one could probably extract a semi high percentage with continued sep. funnel extractions.

Again, this is probably useless if you don't want to fuck around with potentially dangerous chemicals, but it may as well be stuck into my fairly hodge podge post

Last edited by Von Bass; 12-20-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Man, Myth,Legend.

Send a message via MSN to studious_redux

it's really hard to see what would work on this without knowing more about the exact time release mechanism and as we don't have opana in the UK I don't honestly know much about it.
However I can add some broad suggestions.

Waterless acid base would be a possibility if the release mechanism intentionally gells with water, but with the number of pills and mass of substance you'd be trying to extract, I don't think it's a great route, you'd just loose too much in extraction and cleaning. Bear in mind these are extractions designed to get several grams or more of PSE not a few mg of oxymorphone. I also don't know what the stability of oxymorphone would be like in the extremes of PH you can get in waterless A/B reactions, although I guess it survives the stomach without hydrolysis.

You may actually get it to release it's self in water by keeping it in body temperature,ph adjusted water for enough time, the time release is after all designed to break down or otherwise release the oxymorphone over a period of time under certain conditions inside the body and if you could replicate those outside of the body....

Otherwise you're looking at solvent extractions, but you could be looking at multiple and relatively exotic solvents depending on solubilities of the gaaks/actives. Again, you're going to have some loss in the extraction process.

That said, sure as hell would love to try some oxymorphone, I've heard nothing but good things about the IR versions...
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 AM
New Arrival

Now I have a question i havent tried shooting it up yet but thought about it and I can see from all the threads that its almost impossible to do a ER but what if you use a utility knife and scrape off the outer coating then break the inner part down into powder and do it that way would that work?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,245 Times in 851 Posts

This would be a perfect question for studious, but I think he died.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by studious_redux View Post
it's really hard to see what would work on this without knowing more about the exact time release mechanism and as we don't have opana in the UK I don't honestly know much about it.
However I can add some broad suggestions.

Waterless acid base would be a possibility if the release mechanism intentionally gells with water, but with the number of pills and mass of substance you'd be trying to extract, I don't think it's a great route, you'd just loose too much in extraction and cleaning. Bear in mind these are extractions designed to get several grams or more of PSE not a few mg of oxymorphone. I also don't know what the stability of oxymorphone would be like in the extremes of PH you can get in waterless A/B reactions, although I guess it survives the stomach without hydrolysis.

You may actually get it to release it's self in water by keeping it in body temperature,ph adjusted water for enough time, the time release is after all designed to break down or otherwise release the oxymorphone over a period of time under certain conditions inside the body and if you could replicate those outside of the body....

Otherwise you're looking at solvent extractions, but you could be looking at multiple and relatively exotic solvents depending on solubilities of the gaaks/actives. Again, you're going to have some loss in the extraction process.

That said, sure as hell would love to try some oxymorphone, I've heard nothing but good things about the IR versions...
Holy shit! Where've you been?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Archduke

BTW, has anyone ever just tried a acid/base xtrxn? I know that opes have shitty solubility in nonpolars, though most any freebase will dissolve in enough xylene. Though the basing process will have to be pH monitored so one doesn't form the water-soluble phenolate salt.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Baron

I've tried at least 15 different ways to bang these fuckers. Jus aint happenin
Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular

Quote:
Also, alcohol does appear to harm the time release, even according to the manufacturers.

If I am able to shoot it successfully, you damn well can expect a guide and report, because the internet is utterly lacking on this subject.

mike
Actually, if you read the original TIMERx patent (available on google scholar - great read w/ lots of specific info about how the matrix works) it makes a big deal about how other time release mechanisms can be damaged or completely defeated (leading to dose dumping) by alcohol consumption. But the TIMERx mechanism is specifically designed to resist alcohol as a means to defeat its slow release mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitch2484 View Post
Now I have a question i havent tried shooting it up yet but thought about it and I can see from all the threads that its almost impossible to do a ER but what if you use a utility knife and scrape off the outer coating then break the inner part down into powder and do it that way would that work?
Huh? No.

The outer coating on the Opana ER is just a coloring that helps differentiate the doses. The coating can be rubbed off with a moist paper towel but the time release/anti-abuse mechanism is contained within the pill itself that causes it to turn into an undefeatable ball of slow release gel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
This would be a perfect question for studious, but I think he died.

EDIT:
Holy shit! Where've you been?
Dude, check the dates.
That post (as well as the rest of this thread) is from December of last year.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Actually, if you read the original TIMERx patent (available on google scholar - great read w/ lots of specific info about how the matrix works) it makes a big deal about how other time release mechanisms can be damaged or completely defeated (leading to dose dumping) by alcohol consumption. But the TIMERx mechanism is specifically designed to resist alcohol as a means to defeat its slow release mechanism.
I dunno, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence regarding orally ingesting it with alcohol defeating the time release. I just assumed it might accomplish something similar for IV prep.

mike
Old 04-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Marquis

Make yourself puke and use the vomit and soak the pill in that for a hour or two.....Then shoot..... I dunno, but it looked like a good idea when i thought it up in my head......
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by purewhitepanda View Post
Make yourself puke and use the vomit and soak the pill in that for a hour or two.....Then shoot..... I dunno, but it looked like a good idea when i thought it up in my head......
good idea, but why not just use strong acid to mimic stomach acid, why use vomit ? use acid to bring it up, then base it back down to something your veins can handle?
dunno this will work though, i tried something similar.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

http://www.google.com/patents/about?...q=%22timerx%22

There are a few patents about TIMERx that look the same but aren't exactly, I don't have time to sort through the differences between them. Here's one I was skimming through that looks useful (click download PDF).

Quote:
TIMERx-M50A Composition
(%) Component
-----------------
(20%) Xanthan Gum
(30%) Locust Bean Gum
(40%) Mannitol
(10%) Calcium Sulfate
(~30-40%) Water - removed during processing
So I would assume any NP that dissolves gums will also dissolve these tablets. I don't know if it would actually work though, these things seem so rare that not may people have tried anything with them.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Archduke

Quote:
Dude, check the dates.
That post (as well as the rest of this thread) is from December of last year.
lolwuthefuk?!?! This thread has been shamelessly bumped by two different people. XD

Srsly, though, do you know what happened to studious?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroponichronic View Post
lolwuthefuk?!?! This thread has been shamelessly bumped by two different people. XD

Srsly, though, do you know what happened to studious?
He ate to many baby hawaiian woodrose seeds and died from aids after he got lost and raped in the woods by Manbearpig....It was a sad tragic story to tell you all, but i only felt that it was the right thing to do......
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
New Arrival

Hello The rubbing alcohol extration works great and as far as i know is the only way to IV opana ER I've tried many different methods and threw trial and error i invented this method not to sound like i'm all high and mighty but i am proud to have invented a working method

Note: soaking it in water doesn't work from my experience as a rule of thumb with the TimerX metrix which is used in opana ER and many other pill made by Endo you never wan't to add water to the powder or it will gel up right away and be ruiened
Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSocrates View Post
I've tried at least 15 different ways to bang these fuckers. Jus aint happenin
Try my alcohol extration method it WILL work this goes for everyone here

TRY IT AND YOU WON'T BE SORRY

The most important thing is to filter the alcohol as best as possible once you add the powder to the alcohol and mix it the Oxymorphone will get dissolved and leave behind the TimerX in a solid form then you just have to filter out all the un dissolved powder and evaporate off the alcohol and WA LA ! from here just add water filter with a cotton and enjoy

Note: BE CAREFUL start with a small amount IV'ing Oxymorphone will give it a much greater Bioavalibility injecting 1 40mg opana is about the same as crushing up and eating 10 40mg pills
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbender420 View Post
Try my alcohol extration method it WILL work this goes for everyone here

TRY IT AND YOU WON'T BE SORRY

The most important thing is to filter the alcohol as best as possible once you add the powder to the alcohol and mix it the Oxymorphone will get dissolved and leave behind the TimerX in a solid form then you just have to filter out all the un dissolved powder and evaporate off the alcohol and WA LA ! from here just add water filter with a cotton and enjoy

Note: BE CAREFUL start with a small amount IV'ing Oxymorphone will give it a much greater Bioavalibility injecting 1 40mg opana is about the same as crushing up and eating 10 40mg pills
Even with a tolerance, you probably shouldn't be IVing anywhere even close to 40mg. More like 1-5mg without tolerance.

I love how this thread keeps popping up.

mike
Old 07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Marquis

Did you ever bang it, mike?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 AM
New Arrival

this post will probably sound real stupid, and i am aware of it. I am however, just trying to add info on tested methods whether successful or not. I had read on some other forum about a relatively simple prep that was supposedly successful. It stated that if a few mg's of an ER powder minus the coating with 100 units and then an additional 70 units of water were added to a spoon then brought to a rolling boil before adding a small piece of cotton filter and sucking it up would defeat the dreaded gelling agent. i tried it because it was supposedly successful and simple. well it proceeded to gel up a bit in the syringe, and me, being foolish decided to bang it anyway. no love however. no visible damage was done thankfully and hopefully no damage will manifest itself in the next day so. point is however, it didnt work as far as i can tell.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 PM
The Boss

Yeah, normal methods are not gonna work well. Is this like the first google result for how to inject opana er?

mike
Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Archduke

Warm acidified water for a day and a half
Old 08-20-2010, 03:35 PM
The Boss

I received some effects from shooting preparations doing the methods I detailed, soaking in warm water or using alcohol. But I was getting next to nothing. Maybe 1 strong shot from a 40mg pill. It's a nice shot, but not enough to justify wasting most of the pill. Snorting after a high fat meal is honestly the most effective way I've ever found with these fuckers.

mike
Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Count

Quote:
I received some effects from shooting preparations doing the methods I detailed, soaking in warm water or using alcohol. But I was getting next to nothing. Maybe 1 strong shot from a 40mg pill. It's a nice shot, but not enough to justify wasting most of the pill. Snorting after a high fat meal is honestly the most effective way I've ever found with these fuckers.

mike
When snorting after a high fat meal, what would 40mg ER equate to in terms of oxy? Is the high any better (without IVing)?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Mud Farmer

ok so i tried to just add water and cook it. it was, eh so so. it wasnt untill the 3rd shot after i added another filter that i puked. that was a good sign! i am going to try snorting it today i dont want to bc i strictly do IV. What is the step by step alcohol way to do it? i got one of the IR 10's and it was the most amazing thing i have ever had! better than a real OC 40
Old 06-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbender420 View Post
Hello The rubbing alcohol extration works great and as far as i know is the only way to IV opana ER I've tried many different methods and threw trial and error i invented this method not to sound like i'm all high and mighty but i am proud to have invented a working method

Note: soaking it in water doesn't work from my experience as a rule of thumb with the TimerX metrix which is used in opana ER and many other pill made by Endo you never wan't to add water to the powder or it will gel up right away and be ruiened
how do u do it step by step. i want to try it. i am tired of wasting money and not getting high. i love those darn IR's but i can only find them once a month! if i could bang an ER i would be a happy camper!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Mud Farmer

Quote:
Even with a tolerance, you probably shouldn't be IVing anywhere even close to 40mg. More like 1-5mg without tolerance.

I love how this thread keeps popping up.

mike
what do u think is the best way to do it? i love the ir 10's but i can only get the er 20's right now. i want a nice high but if i cant figure this out. i will have to do a crappy morphine 60 :\
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Mud Farmer

Scrape coating off use a small wood file trangular crush into fine powder, soak for 10 - 15 minutes in 91% IPA get a big 5cc syringe stuff end with alcohol moist cotton has to be 91% IPA Isaprpal or 191 grain alcohol anything less can cause gell now pour pre soaked opana er powder in 5cc syringe squirt luiqid onto a pyrexc plate let alcohol evaporate scrape up opana with single edge razor blade put in spoon add water etc... etc.. have fun///
Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Mud Farmer

Has anyonbe tried ice water? I have used it before with MS Contin and Oxy. I am merely curious...*g*
Old 11-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Marquis

Dude, it's easy as hell. I've done it plenty of times.
This method is pretty dirty though (as with all crisping)
But this gets you a pretty thick solution.

Crisp it, have your cotton already on the needle, add water, suck up.
You have around 6 seconds before it gels. (fucking TIMERx)
The solution won't gel or harden in the rig.
Start with 5mg