Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > General > Generally Speaking

Old 09-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Imperialista yanqui

Thanked 1,572 Times in 976 Posts
Default Were you bullied/picked on?

I imagine, given our oh-so present population of all odd-ends of the dweebs and dorks spectrum, that quite a few of you were teased by others, especially as a little kid.

I'll be honest, I'll admit that I was, just a bit. I'm very much sociable and conscious of others, but I've always been marred by my quirky interests and knowledge. A certain fifth grade teacher liked to deride me when she could, that ignorant hag, because I'd point out flaws in what she knew (or thought she did) and thought. I'm a nice, socially more-or-less normal person, but the kids would look at me with some apprehension usually. That is, until they got to know me It wasn't so much blunt teasing as it was just a general 'eugh' towards me. It hurt but it wasn't so bad.

As we grew older and matured, people realised that that quirkiness was an appreciable quality. Slightly offbeat, but soundly sane

I imagine some of you lot were (are ) the type that got shoved into lockers and storage compartments?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned

Default Re: Were you bullied/picked on?

Honk honk!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Regular

Frown Re: Were you bullied/picked on?

people on zoklet flame me, they are jealous as they are not on my level
Old 09-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Count

As a kid, I was mostly bullied because I was a leader and not a follower. I started things, and didn't care what anyone thought. I was rarely physically bullied though... ocasionally, but it was mostly people starting rumors and being bitches. And I really didn't care.

As I got older though, I started to care what people thought and faded into the background. But I wasn't bullied. These days I'm basically invisible and it has it's advantages.

Last edited by Namaste; 09-11-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Count

Send a message via AIM to Dream of the iris Send a message via MSN to Dream of the iris

So you were THAT guy, Ygg? Ugg :hurmph:

See you in Home - or along the way.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Archduke

Suppressed memories. It's only been 2 years but I only have faded memories of school... TWO YEARS.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Archduke

Thanked 1,217 Times in 926 Posts

A couple times when I was very young. Like 14 and below...At school my group of friends were more the bullies and not so much the bullied. Seemed only fair we hassle the younger kids, it was like the olympic torch getting passed down a generation.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Count

I was bullied tons, both mentally and physically by peers and adults alike. It made me distrustful of people in general, and violent towards helpless animals.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 AM

Thumbs Up Re: Were you bullied/picked on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Were you bullied/picked on?
Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore, and I'm only a few scores settled from being finished, but I'll bide my time, only a few more to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
I imagine some of you lot were (are ) the type that got shoved into lockers and storage compartments?
Nope, I usually got beaten up by a gang of older kids, then they'd have accidents in the following months...

Eventually they (subconsciously?) figured it out, at least they left me alone and never as much as spoke to me again...
Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Mass Grave Artisan

Not really. I am always applauded by teachers because they know I'm not an idiot. I never got picked on or bullied too badly.

I did get emotionally isolated, which I think has damaged me far worse than any bullying ever could. If speaking to anyone else I am conditioned to show no emotion. I am distrustful of everyone, especially my parents. Intellectualism is my defense mechanism. I can't overcome it. People do respect being smart, but it amounts to little when you desperately want someone to be with and you can't even begin to find her. Some sympathy in a person I can trust would be really nice.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Knight

nope, lucky me.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Broodingly Rational

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,891 Posts
Arrow Re: Were you bullied/picked on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargus View Post
I did get emotionally isolated, which I think has damaged me far worse than any bullying ever could. If speaking to anyone else I am conditioned to show no emotion. I am distrustful of everyone, especially my parents. Intellectualism is my defense mechanism. I can't overcome it. People do respect being smart, but it amounts to little when you desperately want someone to be with and you can't even begin to find her. Some sympathy in a person I can trust would be really nice.
Wow, this exactly. I never trusted anyone and slowly became more misanthropic. It did have some positives though.

When I was in 1-3 grades I was picked on because I was short. However, this didn't matter because I was always stronger than everyone else from grades 6-12.

Once I earned a reputation for being extremely strong, hardly anyone ever fucked with me and when they did, I made them pay. The good ol' days where some kid who thinks they're hot shit comes up and pushes you and before they realize it you've punched them in the gut and put them in a headlock.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargus View Post
Not really. I am always applauded by teachers because they know I'm not an idiot. I never got picked on or bullied too badly.

Owned. I have no trouble talking to girls. Tip: Unemotionality and nervousness are the biggest self-pwns when you're talking to a girl. Passion, on the other hand, works wonders. You could be talking about reading a fucking book so long as you can spew it out passionately. No joke, I've explained to girls the fact that I post on internet forums, but I use a sense of wonder and amazement about talking to strangers and learning things and being exposed to things I'd otherwise never be exposed to, and it works. They accept it. If I were monotone about it, they'd probably call me a loser but assurance trumps everything. It's not what you say it's how you say it. Body language is also important. Punctuate your important sentences with a swipe to the air, or a fist falling on an open palm. Women are naturally less logical and more emotional than men, so if you're a little nihilist bugger and inexpressive you wont get very far. You gotta smile, grin, and laugh out loud without inhibition. No girl wants you to suck the energy level and life out of her.

Last edited by Zay; 09-11-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Count

I was when I was a freshman, other than that no.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,385 Times in 977 Posts

every person in my school was pretty cool actually
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Mass Grave Artisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zay View Post
Owned. I have no trouble talking to girls. Tip: Unemotionality and nervousness are the biggest self-pwns when you're talking to a girl. Passion, on the other hand, works wonders. You could be talking about reading a fucking book so long as you can spew it out passionately. No joke, I've explained to girls the fact that I post on internet forums, but I use a sense of wonder and amazement about talking to strangers and learning things and being exposed to things I'd otherwise never be exposed to, and it works. They accept it. If I were monotone about it, they'd probably call me a loser but assurance trumps everything. It's not what you say it's how you say it. Body language is also important. Punctuate your important sentences with a swipe to the air, or a fist falling on an open palm. Women are naturally less logical and more emotional than men, so if you're a little nihilist bugger and inexpressive you wont get very far. You gotta smile, grin, and laugh out loud without inhibition. No girl wants you to suck the energy level and life out of her.
I have a defense mechanism, and I don't show nervousness anymore. Any qualms are thrown through the filter. If I am to be put off guard, I just throw in some erudite speech, intellect, wit or humor, and a bit of apathy and hope things blow over. Expressions are always carried with eloquence. I am rarely afraid to speak my mind, nor laugh my gut.

Extrovertness is the only missing puzzle piece, and I have no idea as to how to craft such a device.

Nihilistic, not so much. More like general misanthropy. But of course such a disposition is not born primarily of hate or disdain, at least to myself, but more from observation that I am afforded as per isolation.

I accept it. I don't like it, but I am what I am.

On the other hand, I have no problem talking to people as well, it's just I have little to say. I don't put too much stock in the latest goings on of <insert celebrity or band here>, and fewer still can figure out what the hell I am going on when I were to mention a fluidic diode being an integral part of a suppressor. or the finer points of some obscure industrial band, The lack of commonality, as it were.

Last edited by Vargus; 09-11-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 AM

Nobody at my school was bullied past elemntary school, unless you were completely and overtly bizzare. Sure, the the occasional insult was thrown around, but people were generaly too involved in their own affairs to bother harassing anyone on a constant basis.

On a side note though, I hate the phrase "talking to girls" (It's been mentioned a couple of previous posts). I mean, if you actually go out your way to pun on some specific mannerism whilst talking to women, then go fuck yourself. All I can think of when someone mentions "talking to girls" in this manner is some Hollister wearing twat with spiked hair thinking to himself "Alright man it's go time, I'm about to talk to some fucking GIRLS!!!" I talk to women the exact same way I talk to men. If a women happens to dislikes that, well thats too godamn bad.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Baron

Yeah I got bullied a bit, and I did some bullying back.

I thank middle school because it taught me one of my most important skills- acting. I learned that force of personality is the most important thing in life. It doesn't matter how intelligent or courteous you are... if you act like a confidence-brimmed ego-centric douchebag you will have at least some success in life. Bravado is more important than substance. A little Vodka always helps with that if you're self-conscious, as well.

However if you meet a rare person who has real substance and honor behind the facade (which 99.9% of the population don't), those are your true friends.

Last edited by HARDMAN; 09-11-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Regular

A few jokes here or there when I was young. Not much.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDMAN View Post
Yeah I got bullied a bit, and I did some bullying back.

I thank middle school because it taught me one of my most important skills- acting. I learned that force of personality is the most important thing in life. It doesn't matter how intelligent or courteous you are... if you act like a confidence-brimmed ego-centric douchebag you will have at least some success in life. Bravado is more important than substance. A little Vodka always helps with that if you're self-conscious, as well.

However if you meet a rare person who has real substance and honor behind the facade (which 99.9% of the population don't), those are your true friends.
It is so good to hear it!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Regular

Some people made fun of me from kindergarten to the fifth grade, and made my life hell.

I got back at the bastards though; one of them named Josh pushed me down from behind on the basketball court, and I bloodied his eye.
The kid was the neighborhood bully, and my friends Mom made me cookies
I think the kid was angry as he was jewish
Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Kemst þó hægt fari.

Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,910 Posts
Arrow Re: Were you bullied/picked on?

I can't really think of anytime that I was really ever bullied growing up.

All through school I was pretty much well respected by my peers and authority and those in my social circles always seemed to try to seek my approval. Women wanted me and men wanted to be me.

Stands true for the most part today as well.

Only place I ever really get any flack from people is here, which I find absolutely hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckhead View Post
YOU ARE MY HERO

- peace out
Old 09-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Maud'Dib

Thanked 1,504 Times in 995 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

I was called a Satanist, nerd, geek, etc beat up etc in middle school.

Didn't really bother me too much, I learned the animal depths of the human psyche and came out stronger for it.
On every golden scale! ..."
Old 09-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Grander Duke

Thanked 1,016 Times in 723 Posts

i used to bully people it was fun, i wasnt a asshole bully thoe. I remember how it all happend, i was in grade 3 and some kid kept bugging me and annoying me, acting like he was so tough, then i smashed him against the lockers and told him to SHUT THE FUCK UP. he told the teacher and i became the asshole who i am today, cool story.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Count

Not really, but it's not like I can stand up for myself, so if anyone wanted to, they could've easily done so.