Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Human Life > This Just In!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM
beergoggles beergoggles is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Floriderp.
Thanks: 141
Thanked 103 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT PAT View Post
the nobel prize is retarded

obama has done nothing to promote "peace." really he hasn't done anything at all except to continue raping the united states treasury.
Oh yeah, because Bush would've never done that with a pointless war that ranged in the hundreds of BILLIONS ( http://costofwar.com/ neat little calculator). All these people who are bashing Obama seem to forget that this was happening way before he was elected. He's left to put back together the pieces of what Bush destroyed.

Nobody has the magic answer. Nobody. Unless of course you can see into the future. The economy is constantly going up and down, it's just the nature of the beast, and Obama is a scapegoat.

As far as the peace price, I do not think he deserves it this early. It seems almost like a sympathy vote more than anything.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
PROJECT PAT PROJECT PAT is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Thanks: 240
Thanked 581 Times in 360 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergoggles View Post
Oh yeah, because Bush would've never done that with a pointless war that ranged in the hundreds of BILLIONS ( http://costofwar.com/ neat little calculator). All these people who are bashing Obama seem to forget that this was happening way before he was elected. He's left to put back together the pieces of what Bush destroyed.

Nobody has the magic answer. Nobody. Unless of course you can see into the future. The economy is constantly going up and down, it's just the nature of the beast, and Obama is a scapegoat.

As far as the peace price, I do not think he deserves it this early. It seems almost like a sympathy vote more than anything.
just because bush was criminal it justifies obama being incompetent and probably criminal to a lesser degree
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
PROJECT PAT PROJECT PAT is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Thanks: 240
Thanked 581 Times in 360 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

also this

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

I'd have gained a lot of respect for the president if he'd said "I'm sorry, but I can't accept this award as I haven't done anything to merit it."

It's nice to dream, I suppose.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Kwinnie Bogan (10-10-2009)
  #45  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
master4whitewomen master4whitewomen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

He deserves it he has broken down racial barriers and fought discrimination to become the president of the united states of america. You guys should show a little ore respect.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this will compound his Black Messiah Complex?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Trueborn's Avatar
Trueborn Trueborn is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tokyo, 日本
Thanks: 36
Thanked 123 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Hmm. Must be opposite day.

*grants Paris Hilton honorary Rhodes Scholar status*
__________________
Laugh at the darkness whenever you can.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Trueborn's Avatar
Trueborn Trueborn is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tokyo, 日本
Thanks: 36
Thanked 123 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave of the Beast View Post
I wonder if this will compound his Black Messiah Complex?
I'm more willing to bet this applies to people who think he actually deserves it because they want to be "left wing" for no reason other than to say "Hey, I'm left wing!"

I mean, after all... he IS the greatest person to ever be placed on the Earth. And because he's a democrat, if YOU YOURSELF are a democrat, that means you're cooler than everyone else and are totally not a bilge-spouting retard.
__________________
Laugh at the darkness whenever you can.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:38 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

I have to say, this is pretty dubious at best. I mean, the very fact he was nominated two weeks after he was inaugurated basically shows the Novel Prize to be a sham.

It's a shame, because I'm sure he'll be one of the best presidents America has ever seen; certainly far exceeding the acts of his predecessor. He's made a lot of promises, let's see him follow through.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Trueborn's Avatar
Trueborn Trueborn is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tokyo, 日本
Thanks: 36
Thanked 123 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Interestingly enough, I think this applies to the topic of conversation perfectly:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99945/satu...-obama-address
__________________
Laugh at the darkness whenever you can.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Please insert username Please insert username is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scotland
Thanks: 141
Thanked 123 Times in 99 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Please insert username
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

He did come out and say that he didn't deserve it though, give him that.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,041 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

From a world perspective (something that Americans tend not to have), he's made some major steps toward World Peace with Russia and in the Middle East, as well as major steps toward trying to bring America up to par with the rest of the civilized world.

Also, retards, who were the other nominees? That's obviously the most important question that you should be asking.

Finally, this will piss soooo many Ameritards off, how can you not be excited? I love rushing to Stormfront after any such big event and fapping to their angry, pathetic replies.

Last edited by Dog; 10-09-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ArmsMerchant (10-09-2009)
  #53  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please insert username View Post
He did come out and say that he didn't deserve it though, give him that.
Given that in spite of him 'not deserving it' he's going to accept it on December 10th this year anyway, this simply proves him to be two-faced and dishonourable.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please insert username View Post
He did come out and say that he didn't deserve it though, give him that.
link? (Not that I don't believe you, I just hadn't heard that he said that.)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueborn Vorpal View Post
I'm more willing to bet this applies to people who think he actually deserves it because they want to be "left wing" for no reason other than to say "Hey, I'm left wing!"

I mean, after all... he IS the greatest person to ever be placed on the Earth. And because he's a democrat, if YOU YOURSELF are a democrat, that means you're cooler than everyone else and are totally not a bilge-spouting retard.
Trueborn, I think you've...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
From a world perspective (something that Americans tend not to have), he's made some major steps toward World Peace with Russia and in the Middle East, as well as major steps toward trying to bring America up to par with the rest of the civilized world.

Also, retards, who were the other nominees? That's obviously the most important question that you should be asking.

Finally, this will piss soooo many Ameritards off, how can you not be excited? I love rushing to Stormfront after any such big event and fapping to their angry, pathetic replies.
... hit the nail firmly on its head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatdistrict View Post
link? (Not that I don't believe you, I just hadn't heard that he said that.)
Click mine, it gives the quote.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Please insert username Please insert username is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scotland
Thanks: 141
Thanked 123 Times in 99 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Please insert username
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatdistrict View Post
link? (Not that I don't believe you, I just hadn't heard that he said that.)
I'll try and find one but i heard it on the radio.(him speaking in the whitehouse)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
crimsonsmoke's Avatar
crimsonsmoke crimsonsmoke is offline
Baron
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brighton, UK
Thanks: 103
Thanked 154 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs Down Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave of the Beast View Post
Given that in spite of him 'not deserving it' he's going to accept it on December 10th this year anyway, this simply proves him to be two-faced and dishonourable.
Give that it would be a HUGE affront if he turned it down.
__________________
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason -- Immanuel Kant
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:07 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
From a world perspective (something that Americans tend not to have), he's made some major steps toward World Peace with Russia and in the Middle East
Such as?
He's talked to Russia about maybe cutting back on nukes, but nothing has come of it, and the Middle East is no better off than before he was elected (not to mention all of the American soldiers still there angering the people of the region).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
as well as major steps toward trying to bring America up to par with the rest of the civilized world.
Bush made attempts "towards trying" to improve America too, and he failed (No Child Left Behind, PATRIOT Act, Bailouts). Obama hasn't even addressed these issues, which he could take on with public support simply because they're associated with Bush, much less come up with new ideas to "bring America up to par."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave of the Beast View Post
Click mine, it gives the quote.

Thanks.
The British commentator in that video reflects my view perfectly.

here's the link again for those who don't want to scroll:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6868457.ece
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsmoke View Post
Give that it would be a HUGE affront if he turned it down.
Oh noes! Teh Norwegians would be offended!! They'll cut off Neutrogena handcream supplies to America!!!


He would have garnered far more respect for his humility and honesty by graciously declining the award.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
AdMech AdMech is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Medrengard
Thanks: 622
Thanked 654 Times in 449 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Also, retards, who were the other nominees? That's obviously the most important question that you should be asking.
I can't find a list, but there were apparently 205 of them. Judging by the past selections, I'm willing to bet not a single one actually deserved it.
__________________
Auf der Heide blüht ein kleines Blümelein;
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:19 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave of the Beast View Post
Oh noes! Teh Norwegians would be offended!! They'll cut off Neutrogena handcream supplies to America!!!


He would have garnered far more respect for his humility and honesty by graciously declining the award.
It would be the right thing to do to decline, but I doubt he would have garnered much respect from the international political community. Most people are pretty dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,041 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Would anyone here try to deny that Obama has seriously improved America's relations with the EU? Furthermore, if you consider that the Nobel committee is Scandivanian, is it a surprise that they would think very highly of the man who brought one of the world's powerhouses closer to the EU than it has been in decades?

If you look at it from a "world community" standpoint (which is how I would assume the Nobel committee is looking at it), it really isn't that insane that they would choose Obama.

Last edited by Dog; 10-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Would anyone here try to deny that Obama has seriously improved America's relations with the EU? Furthermore, if you consider that the Nobel committee is Scandivanian, is it a surprise that they would think very highly of the man who brought one of the world's powerhouses closer to the EU than it has been in decades?

If you look at it from a "world community" standpoint (which is how I would assume the Nobel committee is looking at it), it really isn't that insane that they would choose Obama.
"world community standpoint"??

Sounds like a load of Eurocentric BS to me.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Would anyone here try to deny that Obama has seriously improved America's relations with the EU? Furthermore, if you consider that the Nobel committee is Scandivanian, is it a surprise that they would think very highly of the man who brought one of the world's powerhouses closer to the EU than it has been in decades?
You haven't addressed any of the holes in your former arguments as noted above.

The only thing he has done to bring America closer to the EU is to not be George W. Bush.
Also: "thinking very highly of" ≠ awarding Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
If you look at it from a "world community" standpoint (which is how I would assume the Nobel committee is looking at it), it really isn't that insane that they would choose Obama.
If a long-established and respected (whether deserving or not) organization is going to give an award that is internationally significant to someone, maybe they should look for a better reason than "it wouldn't be insane to choose him."

Last edited by seatdistrict; 10-09-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammatical
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,041 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave of the Beast View Post
"world community standpoint"??

Sounds like a load of Eurocentric BS to me.
The Nobel Peace Prize committee is basically a bunch of Scandinavians. Whatever their goals and motivations are, I would assume that on some level it's coming from a Eurocentric standpoint.

If the committee was located in Africa, it would have an Afro-centric viewpoint, and some people who tried to stop the Darfur genocide would get the award. If the committee was located in Texas, it would probably have an American-Conservative-centric focal point, and Sarah Palin might have been a nominee for all we know.

Point being: The committee isn't infallible. They have their own motivations and perspectives on things, and it's not unfathomable or unreasonable that they considered Obama to be the best and most influential choice for the award out of this year's nominees.

Lastly, people seem to be forgetting the spirit behind the Nobel Peace Prize. It isn't about who met a quota of good deeds. It's something along the lines of who the committee thinks did the most influential work for humanity as a whole. Even if we ignore the possible influence of Eurocentric goals that the committee may have had, there's still the fact that for the past year Obama has been a beacon of optimism, hope, and unity. Sounds cheesy, but it's a fact.

Last edited by Dog; 10-09-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
The Nobel Peace Prize committee is basically a bunch of Scandinavians. Whatever their goals and motivations are, I would assume that on some level it's coming from a Eurocentric standpoint.

I think he meant you, not the committee.
Good diversion, though.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Reality Apologist's Avatar
Reality Apologist Reality Apologist is offline
Philosoraptor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York City
Thanks: 256
Thanked 245 Times in 158 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

So when should I expect my prize for not being a morally monstrous lunatic and international war criminal? Is it in the mail?
__________________
"I'm not an expert on anything, but I can improvise."

-Jake Green
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
LiquidIce LiquidIce is offline
Duke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York City/Jötunheimr
Thanks: 405
Thanked 452 Times in 344 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Apologist View Post
So when should I expect my prize for not being a morally monstrous lunatic and international war criminal? Is it in the mail?
FUCK! I thought it was another scam-spam letter! Shit!
Meh, guess I'll just wait 'till next year.
__________________
This is one distrusting smiley.
Equality is mediocrity.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:10 PM
ArmsMerchant ArmsMerchant is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Alaska
Thanks: 2,670
Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,738 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Back to topic--all those who are bitching about Obama's Nobel should be glad to know that they are on the side of the Taliban--the Taliban being the only international group that I know of who opposes the award. That said, there may be legimate reasons for opposing it--not that you will hear them on Faux News.

My whole family--the domesticated primate contingent, anyway--is in transports of delight.
__________________
Condemn and you are made a prisoner. Forgive and you are freed. -- ACIM

Last edited by ArmsMerchant; 10-09-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fza View Post
You're thinking of Bush, he bailed out most banks and set up that retarded economic stimulus package.
...the fuck? I'm pretty sure the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is all Obama's.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Zunziba Zunziba is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
No, he should have pulled out.
That's what SHE said.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
crazzyass crazzyass is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 1,058 Times in 687 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

I know Obama's pissed over this. The sheer absurdity of this award is going to make him look very bad. The average American still in unemployment lines is not going to look at this very approvingly.

It was clear from his comments that he is approaching this as cautiously as possible.
__________________
"p.s. i better not call Cory something like a filthy liberal, otherwise crazzyass could accuse me of using a slur in an off-topic manner, and ban me" - WAN
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Slave of the Beast (10-09-2009)
  #74  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,041 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatdistrict View Post
I think he meant you, not the committee.
Good diversion, though.
I've been talking about the committee and their possible motives, goals, and perspectives from my first reply here. Pull your head out of your ass, re-read what I've written, and stop wasting my time here with your idiotic posts.

If you are incapable of thinking outside of the box and considering why a committee of Scandinavians could have felt that Obama was the best person for the award, then you apparently don't have the mental capacity to be discussing such an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Slave of the Beast's Avatar
Slave of the Beast Slave of the Beast is offline
Marquis
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanks: 51
Thanked 410 Times in 278 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
If you look at it from a "world community" standpoint (which is how I would assume the Nobel committee is looking at it), it really isn't that insane that they would choose Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
The Nobel Peace Prize committee is basically a bunch of Scandinavians. Whatever their goals and motivations are, I would assume that on some level it's coming from a Eurocentric standpoint.
Make up your mind.

And never mind your mealy-mouthed "on some level it's coming from a Eurocentric standpoint", this stinks of political bias, no, political reward for a Euro-friendly American President who admits himself that he doesn't think he deserves the award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Lastly, people seem to be forgetting the spirit behind the Nobel Peace Prize. It isn't about who met a quota of good deeds. It's something along the lines of who the committee thinks did the most influential work for humanity as a whole.
Haha... being vague about the assessment methods of the Nobel committee isn't going to help your argument. Even they admit he hasn't done much to make him currently worthy of being a recipient:

Quote:
Mr Jagland said that the award recognised what Mr Obama had already achieved as President rather than being a marker of his potential. “Some people say 'isn’t it premature, too early?',” he said. “Well, I’d say then that it could be too late to respond three years from now. It is now that we have the opportunity to respond — all of us — I hope it will help him.”
There are far too many questions and challenges that Obama has yet to answer. The Committee, in complete contrast to it's usual modus operandi, has speculatively pre-judged the work of a Noble recipient.

That goes completely against the prevailing spirit of the Noble Prize; reward after achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
Even if we ignore the possible influence of Eurocentric goals that the committee may have had, there's still the fact that for the past year Obama has been a beacon of optimism, hope, and unity. Sounds cheesy, but it's a fact.
This mawkish crap is typical of those held in mindless thrall to Obama.

I prefer clear and concrete results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Back to topic--all those who are bitching about Obama's Nobel should be glad to know that they are on the side of the Taliban.
I thought you'd have been above that kind of cheap, puerile and Republican, smear tactic.

The Nazis liked the idea of autobahns, or express/motorways, they built quite a few of them. So, if you like the idea of motorways... I think you know were the rest of this ridiculous piece of logic is headed.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Codylicious Codylicious is offline
Peasant
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Everywhere
Thanks: 13
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

This is the saddest news I've ever heard.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaNazi View Post
I've been talking about the committee and their possible motives, goals, and perspectives from my first reply here. Pull your head out of your ass, re-read what I've written, and stop wasting my time here with your idiotic posts.

If you are incapable of thinking outside of the box and considering why a committee of Scandinavians could have felt that Obama was the best person for the award, then you apparently don't have the mental capacity to be discussing such an issue.
I've already addressed all of this in posts on this page, which you have not responded to or, apparently, read.
In re-reading your posts, I've noticed that you tend to change your argument when challenged. The only post dealing with the committee's perspective is the most recent, your others here only talk about Obama's accomplishments, which you haven't specified or enumerated.

Please address the issues with your former posts I have already brought up.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
seatdistrict seatdistrict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seat District
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codylicious View Post
This is the saddest news I've ever heard.
A fortunate and sheltered life you live indeed.
Reply With Quote
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
ArmsMerchant (10-09-2009)
  #79  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Dog's Avatar
Dog Dog is offline
Archduke
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Thanks: 372
Thanked 1,041 Times in 645 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Political bias. Political reward. By all means, continue. I've always wanted to get a peek into the mind of a functioning retard. You sound one step away from spewing Marxist-Jew conspiracy theories.

It's a private organization founded as a result of some rich, smart Swede's will. They can vote for whoever they want, using whatever criteria they want. You can speculate about conspiracy theories until you're blue in the face, but there's absolutely no fucking point. They chose him. It's over. It's done with. And there are plenty of perfectly valid reasons why he should have won. Get over it.

Quote:
From Wikipedia:
Nobel died in 1896 and did not leave an explanation for choosing peace as a prize category. The categories for chemistry and physics were obvious choices as he was a trained chemical engineer. The reason behind the peace prize is less clear. Scholars who studied Nobel have said it was Nobel's way to compensate for developing destructive forces (Nobel's inventions included dynamite and ballistite). None of his explosives, except for ballistite, were used in any war during his lifetime,[2] although the Irish Republican Brotherhood, an Irish nationalist organization, did carry out dynamite attacks in the 1880s[3] and he was instrumental in turning Bofors from an iron company to an armaments company whilst he owned it.

The Norwegian Parliament appoints the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which selects the Laureate for the Peace Prize. The Committee chairman, currently Thorbjørn Jagland, presents the Prize to the laureate at the award ceremony. At the time of Alfred Nobel's death Sweden and Norway were in a personal union in which the Swedish government was solely responsible for foreign policy, and the Norwegian Parliament was responsible only for Norwegian domestic policy. Alfred Nobel never explained why he wanted a Norwegian rather than Swedish body to award the Peace Prize.[4] As a consequence, many people have speculated about Nobel's intentions. For instance, Nobel may have wanted to prevent the manipulation of the selection process by foreign powers, and as Norway did not have any foreign policy, the Norwegian government could not be influenced.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Reality Apologist's Avatar
Reality Apologist Reality Apologist is offline
Philosoraptor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York City
Thanks: 256
Thanked 245 Times in 158 Posts
Default Re: Obama just won the nobel peace prize!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
^Ah yes, more ignorance from the corn capitol of the US. Thank you for showing us why they call Iowa a flyover state.

Back to topic--all those who are bitching about Obama's Nobel should be glad to know that they are on the side of the Taliban.

My whole family--the domesticated primate contingent, anyway--is in transports of delight.
For what exactly? He hasn't done enough to even warrant a second term yet, let alone a Nobel Prize. He's given us 9 months of great rhetoric and virtually no real change.
__________________
"I'm not an expert on anything, but I can improvise."

-Jake Green
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
nobel, obama, peace, prize, won

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
geezers grab Nobel gold ArmsMerchant This Just In! 4 10-10-2009 04:58 AM
Love will bring us peace if you put your hope in me: Obama HAS This Just In! 3 07-31-2009 07:47 PM
Guess my avatar, win a prize :) Kwinnie Bogan Bat Country 39 02-04-2009 03:25 AM
tiny hard drives = Nobel Prize Fish Technophiles and Technophiliacs 0 10-09-2007 11:39 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Hot Topics
Join our Chatroom!
Users: 8
Messages/minute: 0
Topic: "Only rule: be nice or I'll cut your fucking face off, dumbshit"
Users: 27
Messages/minute: 1.6
Topic: "http://codelove.org :: Below is above in 2 codes 1 love. :: wh..."
Users: 18
Messages/minute: 5
Topic: "http://www.literotica...."
Advertisements
Your ad could go right HERE! Contact us!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.