Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Hobbies > Bad Ideas

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Marquis

Lightbulb Shoplifting Tips and Techniques

[Last Update November 29th 2009

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PM ME

If you are viewing this thread as a guest, sign up and contribute. While you still can..

Research for theft prevention products.
http://www.americantheftprevention.c...gs-Labels-c27/

Some basics on how Shoplifters are monitored and caught.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoplifting

Sensormatic hooks are available by a very reputable user here.
Email below.
vinipooh123@gmail.com!

Super strong magnets!
http://www.magnet4less.com

Useful Tip's

1) Hold the item in your hand. Drop something (cell phone) on the ground. Pick it up using that hand and put both items into your bag.

2) With stores that ask how many items you bring in~ Hide multiple pieces of clothing in your pile. Make it sound believable. Most won't bother checking your pile anyways. Once inside dressing room, hide your desired items. Come out with appropriate amount of clothes. dump on the unwanted pile or place clothing back on rack.

3) (mostly for girls) Have item desired in your hand or on the floor. Drop your purse's contents all over the floor. Quickly scramble to put back all items back into bag.

4) your bicycle with a friend (need pegs) to the store you want to steal from, and park your bike in front of a window that is visible from the registers. Tell your friend to hide. Then, politely ask an employee to watch your bike. They will most likely say yes, being kind. Go into the store, then get a basket, and fill it with the stuff you want to steal. After you have gotten what you want to steal (probably not more than 10 lbs) go to a register with a really long line. Call your friend on your cellphone, and tell him "its time". He will then get on the bike, and after hes on yell "THAT KIDS STEALING MY BIKE!" and run after him with your basket in hand. Most people will be too confused and shocked to chase you. Yes, the alarm will go off. Meet your friend at another store, the security guards from the store you stole from cant grab you off grounds, but they probably wont find you.

5) Lift perfume bottles from the stand, take it away as if you're smelling it and put it in your bag when you get away. Looks kinda stupid but you can play dumb and pretend you wanted to buy it at the cashier's.

6) Switcharoo~ Mentioned this before I think. At stores that count clothing when you go in/out, put on the item and put your old clothing on the hanger. At first glance they may not notice.

7) If you thinking someone is watching you or following you around (and they suspect you) DUMP OUT MERCHANDISE. They cannot prosecute you until they see you pass the register without making an attempt to pay and leave the store. Doesn't matter if they see you if they already know what you're up to.
Quickly leave the store. If they attempt to search you, they would find nothing. Most stores are only interested in recovering lost merchandise.
guards can stop you outside the store but not outside the property.
Try and get lost inside a crowd once outside.

8) Running a magnet over the metal strip a number of times will deactivate it I think..

9) Wear a thick sweatshirt that is fairly tight or fitted at the bottom. Zip this up halfway and walk around the store. Use this as a giant pocket, just insert the items into the gap between your shirt and your body.

10) If you're trying to grab some small items on a tray or near the rack, 'accidentally' knock it all over. As you're scrambling to pick it up (because you DID knock it over), quickly pocket some items by shoving it up your sleeve.

11) Work in pairs. One person acts as an interested customer. Person 2 grabs some small item. Person conveniently has open bag on arm or shoulder. P 2 slips stuff into their tote as they walk by.

12) A person alone pretends to browse the displays, and at the right moment, easily brushes items displayed near the table-edge right into an open bag, purse, or baggy pocket that's just below the table level.

13) A person sets a personal item on your table while pretending to shop. When the person picks up her personal item, she neatly lifts some of your jewelry along with it.

14) Use umbrellas to lift smaller things from shelves. Keep it closed but unsnapped.

15) Bags insulated with aluminum foil AKA Magic Bags block out the magnetic strip that causes the alarm to go off. To test your bag, place your cell phone in one and call it. If it doesn't ring your good to go.

16) Walking into a store, and not making a purchase raises suspicion especially among younger people. If you go into a store and lift, make a small purchase just to make yourself look like you intended to buy something. So lift your 40 dollar headphones, and buy that 1.25 candy

Last edited by ScumBag; 10-20-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: xxx> UPDATING HEADER <xxx
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
CarpeNemo (10-20-2009)
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to EllisD Send a message via Yahoo to EllisD

I just got a great idea, might sound gay to most.
if you want to go steal shit and know you can get away while still getting caught on camera.
Dress up as a transphestite or however u spell it
make up and all high heels if u want.
basically like puttin panty hoes on your head...except u could be wearing them now...
identity saved

"EllisD,no not like the drug, I dont sell drugs, I only do them"
Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Witch Queen of Angmar

Send a message via MSN to xxombie

*inhales deeply*
Mmm, this takes me back.

First of all, know that in many stores, the staff are instructed to ignore shoplifters. Probably because they don't have the insurance to cover any damages that the crazy shoplifter could cause. They could have a weapon for example. I find lots of clothing stores are like this, generic teen stores like La Senza, Bluenotes, Stitches etc... places that hire young women as staff. What they CAN do though, is alert mall security (or potentially the police) the minute you leave the store.

So this isn't something to rely on, but it's hilariously easy going into these places and getting free shit. Shoppers drug mart I believe is the same way.

Also, in a lot of places (Shoppers for example) the door alarm only works for items over twenty dollars. So you're safe.

Just some tips that make you a lot more confident when on the prowl.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxombie View Post
*inhales deeply*
Mmm, this takes me back.

First of all, know that in many stores, the staff are instructed to ignore shoplifters. Probably because they don't have the insurance to cover any damages that the crazy shoplifter could cause. They could have a weapon for example. I find lots of clothing stores are like this, generic teen stores like La Senza, Bluenotes, Stitches etc... places that hire young women as staff. What they CAN do though, is alert mall security (or potentially the police) the minute you leave the store.

So this isn't something to rely on, but it's hilariously easy going into these places and getting free shit. Shoppers drug mart I believe is the same way.

Also, in a lot of places (Shoppers for example) the door alarm only works for items over twenty dollars. So you're safe.

This is very true, thanks for the contribution.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Another good way to get free cds/games/movies at places like bestbuy is to grab the items you want, make sure there isn't a security device that prevents you from opening it and head into the bathroom. Remove the stickers without ripping the sticker if you can, take the cd out of the case and seal the sticker back on, place the case where you got it.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras Assassin View Post
RULE 8 : Many times if someone sees you trying to shoplift, they
will start following you around. Calmly place the stuff
back on the shelf, any shelf! They really can't get you
as long as you haven't walked by a register, and start
walking out the door, because until you start walking out
the door, you still could have intent to pay, and if they
do pick you up for shoplifting before you walk out the door,
your case most likely will not hold up in court. Many
lawyers have freed many shoplifters because of that. If
they pick you up. Start telling them you haven't had a
chance to pay, and that they can not pick you up for
shoplifting, until you have a chance to pay, or walk out
the door! Just act like you know what you are talking about
It's important to remember that in some states, concealment is considered a crime. Usually store policy is to wait til you're out, but that doesn't mean you CAN'T get in shit for concealing while you're in the store. Courts aren't stupid, if you're on cam cutting stuff out of its package and putting it in your pocket looking sketch as fuck, they may say that shows you had intent to steal. Even if you do get a good lawyer and beat the case, you'll still have wasted a lot of time and money. So be careful and don't conceal if a mutha fucker's looking, ya dig?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Marquis

Default Re: *OFFICIAL*Shoplifting Tips and Techniques

Small little blades are good for lifting. Just cut the packaging open and stick behind other merchandise. Theres an article on how to make one from a roofing blade thing somewhere...
Old 01-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Count

Send a message via Yahoo to sexualjesus

when i was going through qld i used a pair of scissors that you use to cut your nails, was hard to use but you wont loose it like you loose a blade and you cant get arrested for it like a knife, greatest tool ever.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to sinesthesia Send a message via MSN to sinesthesia

A while ago I heard a friend tell me this scam for free (or) 2-for-1 liquor, though you could probably use this sleight of hand technique for any product given that all the parameters are alike. For the purpose of this lift, I'll stick to the story of liquor.

An individual goes to a liquor store that doesn't have those security alarms. Strangely enough, I've noticed there are tons of them in my city (90% probably). Next, said individual wears a coat that has fairly large front pockets. Walk up to the section where the mickey's are kept, obviously they cannot be kept behind the counter. When individual goes to grab a mickey, he pretends as if he's only grabbing one, but instead extends his hand further out and grabs two (one in front of the other). He then holds it down in front of him, and acts as if he's checking out the product.

Before turning around to pay for, what seems like, a single mickey, he slides the second mickey into one of his front pockets (Large winter leather jackets with no flap or closed zippers would be ideal). If done properly, it should be a smooth motion while turning around to pay for the mickey.

Even if the clerk is watching you, this lift is hard to notice as your body conceals the swipe the entire time. From his point of view, he sees you grabbing a mickey, looking at it, then turning around to pay for it. Unless you look like a dirtbag, there will be no reason to be suspicious. Given the right store setup, and smoothness of the lift's execution, this is even hard to spot on camera directly on you -- especially if there are other customers in the store.

It's also been said that you can use a toothpick to "prop open" the pocket, so the mickey will literally drop right into it in the blink of an eye. The mickey knocks the toothpick down into the pocket with it as it falls, and the pocket closes naturally.

I imagine if you don't want to pay for anything, you could just pretend to put the single mickey back on the shelf, though you'd have to come up with a reason why you entered the store and left without buying anything.

Or you could pretend to get an important phone call as you're headed to the counter, walk up to the clerk, put the mickey down and say, can I leave this here? I'll be right back.

I haven't seen this done time and time again -- flawlessly, and is purely hypothetical.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
stealing isn't cool man
Yeah I really hope you're being sarcastic. Not trying to say stealing is "uber cool and hardcore" but moralfags have no place in the new BI.

I guess I'll contribute a guide on stealing cds from FYE and my experience with mall security

FYE's security devices are magnetic strips (That's what they're called right?). Erm they're those long white rectangles that have a barcode-looking thing on them.

Theres 4 types of cds in there

1. ones with the strip on the outside (easiest to steal)

2. ones where you will see the strip when you open the cd case (probably on the left side)

3. ones with the strip hiding under the cd and behind the plastic thing where the cd rests.

4. ones with no magnetic strip at all.

there might also be a tag hiding within the little booklet that comes with most cds but i personally have -never- seen this.

So yeah with the first type just take off the strip, pocket cd in blindspot, and put the strip somewhere else. I personally pretend to browse other cds and put the strip on the back of one of them. the bad thing about this is someone stealing it might get busted because there was a tag on the inside AND the outside.

I... don't recommend stealing the kind that don't have the thing on the outside but the way I did it was puting it in my purse, setting it where the posters are, and pretending to go through my purse while actually cutting off the wrapper, opening the case, and looking for security tags. Thats... a very bad idea though...

Idk about your FYE but mine also has plenty of space around the sensors. You can just walk around them if you're not sure if you'll set the alarm off.

---

Ok so one time I got caught at spencers. My friend came up and said "the cashregister lady wants to know if you stole anything" So I told her "tell her I said no" and proceded to gtfo of there (I had stolen about 40-50$ worth of stuff). At first I was just going to shop around like normal but one of my friends that was still at the store said they were calling security so I went and left the mall. They were slow as fuck though, I was wandering around macys quite a bit trying to find an exit before I just went out the regular one near the food court. So I was walkin away and my friend was tellin me on his cellphone that his friend saw a cop car, little bit later i heard sirens. They never caught me, but my parents did because they were grilling my friend about where I was and she finally gave in and told them about it.

There was another time at a different mall where me and my friend had stolen some stuff and my friend said a security guy was staring at us. We just left after that (we were going to leave anyways)

Last edited by FURAK; 01-19-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Here's Jesusnachos' tutorial for making an S3 handkey:
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/jesusnachos/
Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Regular

someone needs to post the dimensions of a senormatic hook
Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 AM
New Arrival

Something I am amazed that none of you have discovered for opening packages is the hypothetical and purely theoretical usage of a razor blade.
Simply break open a cheap new plastic razor, the place where the blade or blades are housed, it prys away quite easily.

Wrap half the blade in scotch tape for a handle, or simpley be careful, if necessary you can attach it to an old gift card (Oh, the irony) to give it extra weight and cutting force.

This tool works perfectly for cutting everything; wrappers, boxes, and even the heavier plastic packages (if you do it right) with startling efficiency and grace. Most people will not hear a thing, and if you get caught, you can easily get rid of the razor.

Ofcourse I have only heard of this in whispers in back alleys and read of it in the shadowiest of texts, I in no way have developed and or practiced it. Ever, seriously mehbeh
Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to GermanyOrFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by .it View Post
someone needs to post the dimensions of a senormatic hook
shazam!

Thanks to orinux for the original post of this cutaway
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

Dye Tags And Their Removal

Yeh those bastards put dye tags on everything and God damn they are annoying. Well the secret is.....THERE MAGNETIC! Yeh thats right the stupid ones on big things and clothes are all magnetic

Basically its a magnetic clamp that holds the pin in place and if you pull too hard....well I'll let you find out for yourself.

As for getting them off, just a small earth magnetic on either side of the pin and that stupid thing should pop right off. We used to use a semicircle removal tool that was a perfect magnet for opening the pin.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Buku

Hey guys, I have a new dream of shoplifting a Nintendo DS(I don't know why, I just want to do it) and some games. Help me plan it out. What store would be the best to steal from, what equipment would I need, just a general plan if you've done this. I'd also like to steal a laptop sometime in the future. Gimme ideas if you'd be so kind.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialShot View Post

Yeh those bastards put dye tags on everything and God damn they are annoying. Well the secret is.....THERE MAGNETIC! Yeh thats right the stupid ones on big things and clothes are all magnetic

Basically its a magnetic clamp that holds the pin in place and if you pull too hard....well I'll let you find out for yourself.

As for getting them off, just a small earth magnetic on either side of the pin and that stupid thing should pop right off. We used to use a semicircle removal tool that was a perfect magnet for opening the pin.
Which pole goes on which side?
S Tag S
N Tag N
S Tag N
N tag S

Also, I have heard about this working.
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-genera...i-1297750.html

What do you all think?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxombie View Post
*inhales deeply*
Mmm, this takes me back.

Does this apply to one Shoppers or all of them?

Onterrible Fag Here.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 AM
-Insert Easter Egg Here-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabraxius View Post
Something I am amazed that none of you have discovered for opening packages is the hypothetical and purely theoretical usage of a razor blade.
Simply break open a cheap new plastic razor, the place where the blade or blades are housed, it prys away quite easily.

Wrap half the blade in scotch tape for a handle, or simpley be careful, if necessary you can attach it to an old gift card (Oh, the irony) to give it extra weight and cutting force.

This tool works perfectly for cutting everything; wrappers, boxes, and even the heavier plastic packages (if you do it right) with startling efficiency and grace. Most people will not hear a thing, and if you get caught, you can easily get rid of the razor.

Ofcourse I have only heard of this in whispers in back alleys and read of it in the shadowiest of texts, I in no way have developed and or practiced it. Ever, seriously mehbeh
I thought everyone did this and it was just common sense.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:30 AM

Lifting from 7-11, easy, hard?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to GermanyOrFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Lifting from 7-11, easy, hard?
Super duper easy to get away, especially late at night.
Except make sure to conceal your face really well. In one seven eleven, there's like 20 cameras(not an exageration)
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyOrFlorida View Post
Super duper easy to get away, especially late at night.
Except make sure to conceal your face really well. In one seven eleven, there's like 20 cameras(not an exageration)
Well, how many cameras you figure are real? SWIM has gone in there a couple of times, but gets nervous and takes little things. Does anybody even watch the cameras, or are they mostly there to scare.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:16 AM

Why lift from a 7-11 when grocery stores are much easier targets and have all the same stuff?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggLJ View Post
Why lift from a 7-11 when grocery stores are much easier targets and have all the same stuff?
We have one grocery here, and it's super easy, been in there way to much lately tho.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to fishmonger

Lets talk about serial numbers

I had asked on other sites before and never got an answer.

How well do retail stores track their serial numbers?
Many items have serial numbers but they are NOT recorded at the point of sale.

So my question is, if you are selling something that is stolen, and there was a case being built against you, how realistic would it be that a retailer would be able to determine if a serial number is stolen if it was NOT recorded at the point of sale?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
So my question is, if you are selling something that is stolen, and there was a case being built against you, how realistic would it be that a retailer would be able to determine if a serial number is stolen if it was NOT recorded at the point of sale?
It's very unlikely. No one builds shoplifting cases anyway. You either get caught at the store, or by them having proof and getting your license plate. If you're really worried just give it a couple weeks between stealing the stuff and selling it.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggLJ View Post
It's very unlikely. No one builds shoplifting cases anyway. You either get caught at the store, or by them having proof and getting your license plate. If you're really worried just give it a couple weeks between stealing the stuff and selling it.
Seconded. If the serial number for a particular item you have is not recorded at the POS, than there is no case. I think your only real concern would be trying to pawn the item. If you sell on Ebay to someone in another state, you're chances of getting in trouble are zero. Unless, of course, we're talking about an ultra expensive item.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM

hello, this is vinipooh, a respected bad ideas member from totses, banned several times, full of bad ideas, bad ass.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINNIPOOH View Post
hello, this is vinipooh, a respected bad ideas member from totses, banned several times, full of bad ideas, bad ass.
I just read every post in the rorta shoplifting tips and tricks thread over the span of a week. Saw a lot of your posts and remember you from BI. I look forward to your informative posts.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:05 AM

Okay, I started a thread on this topic and it was removed(or lost?) for some reason.

Has anyone tried receiptless returns with fake I.D.'s?

I figure they couldn't possibly know a well-made fake is in fact, fake, without having access to the DMV's database(I.D. number look-up). I don't think this would be likely, considering the fact that asking for your I.D. during these transactions isn't sanctioned by the DMV in the first place.

The reason for wanting to do this, of course, is that stores track receiptless returns, limiting how much store credit you can aquire in a certain time span.

Any thoughts or insight?

Last edited by Hyper-dimension; 01-23-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to fishmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendo View Post
Seconded. If the serial number for a particular item you have is not recorded at the POS, than there is no case. I think your only real concern would be trying to pawn the item. If you sell on Ebay to someone in another state, you're chances of getting in trouble are zero. Unless, of course, we're talking about an ultra expensive item.
I figured this was the case. I was just concerned if somone bought it from me then tried to register the serial # for a warranty or something like that.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to DrPepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendo View Post
Okay, I started a thread on this topic and it was removed(or lost?) for some reason.

Has anyone tried receiptless returns with fake I.D.'s?

I figure they couldn't possibly know a well-made fake is in fact, fake, without having access to the DMV's database(I.D. number look-up). I don't think this would be likely, considering the fact that asking for your I.D. during these transactions isn't sanctioned by the DMV in the first place.

The reason for wanting to do this, of course, is that stores track receiptless returns, limiting how much store credit you can aquire in a certain time span.

Any thoughts or insight?

Well, it really really depends on the store. most stores won't 'swipe' the i.d. they'll take it, look at it, and copy the address into their system. the address is really all they take. as long as it looks real, then it should work out. i've done this in clothing retail stores, electronic stores, and home depot.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper View Post
Well, it really really depends on the store. most stores won't 'swipe' the i.d. they'll take it, look at it, and copy the address into their system. the address is really all they take. as long as it looks real, then it should work out. i've done this in clothing retail stores, electronic stores, and home depot.
Without a receipt what is the maximum amount of store credit you can get in one go? For example: I go into a department store with no receipt but two winter jackets and an ID. Will they give me upwards of 400 dollars in store credit?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Barcoding, fools !
Old 01-24-2009, 02:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to DrPepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2Lush View Post
Without a receipt what is the maximum amount of store credit you can get in one go? For example: I go into a department store with no receipt but two winter jackets and an ID. Will they give me upwards of 400 dollars in store credit?
if it's a single item they will give u the credit back no matter the cost. if you try to return multiple items, there will be a limit of about 200, depending on the store. i'd suggest you return them at 2 different stores or do it in 2 days. when i don't have i.d's (or don't wanna use mine) i make my friends return for me... plus, you wouldn't want them to remember you if you do returns often.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 AM

Does Staples have any cameras? I was there today and did a quick scan of the horizon and didn't see any. Normally stores go out of their way to make sure customers notice them.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialShot View Post

you sir are an idiot. There is no fucking magnetic clamp. there is a spring that pushes on the cup with the ball bearings which keep the pin latched.
the only true part about your statement is it can be opened with a magnet.. watch my vid on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7SQdzTJkEE

clearly you have never taken apart an ink tag

this is why i want to make a video on the five finger discount so bullshit like this doesnt get spread around
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
legendaryninjacutter (06-03-2012)
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Jim Strongcock Send a message via MSN to Jim Strongcock

one more thing: only take what you came for. the less time your in there the better
Old 01-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
I want to make a movie on the Five Finger Discount if you are interested in the project please visit the profile page i made:

http://www.myspace.com/fivefingerdiscountproject
your gonna fuck the entire &Z population.
but the vid was very very good.
thanks.

also heres a good place to get Neo-whatever magnets cheap
like 100 or so for 13 bucks

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.1105
Old 01-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Wealthy Merchant

Default Stealing From Costco

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do they have security tower checkpoints at the entrance/exit?

What is the camera situation?

Do they have LP?
Plainclothes?
Patrolling?

Do you have to show your membership card up entrance or only exit?
Even if you made no purchase?

I will scout this out for myself but I would like to know everything about it ahead of time because the nearest one is far from me.
Closed Thread