Zoklet.net

Go Back   Zoklet.net > Society > The Inhumane Condition

Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,314 Posts
Default The fatass analogy.

Last edited by Nero; 12-28-2012 at 12:23 AM.
The following users say "It is so good to hear it!":
Dionysus (12-08-2009), MarqueeMoon (11-27-2009), Name's Taken (11-15-2009)
Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Baron

Send a message via MSN to Name's Taken
Thumbs Up Re: The fatass analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
I can sum it up with an analogy. The best way to rid the world of obesity is not to help the fat people get into shape. What we do is feed them all the food they want, as much as they can eat. They soon die from heart disease, and TA-DA! No more obesity.
But in the mean time you have to put up with the shit the anarcho-primitivists can't stand. Plus you have no guarantee that after society collapses under the sheer weight of it's hedonism, that a new society won't arise and be just as bad. Every time a great empire has collapsed a new one, which many would say is worse, has arisen. Unless your idea hinges on the collapse of current society being so great as to prevent any human society taking it's place.

Just as every empire in history has collapsed and another has taken it's place, the same would happen with your idea. Say you're right and western society collapses, it'd only be a matter of time after we've said goodbye to our Jewish overlords until we're all saluting our glorious Chinese overlords. Or we're just developing a newer society which will eventually head down the same road.

To fit in with your analogy, you keep feeding the fatasses until they die, now you have a surplus of food left over seeing you no longer have to feed them. Will the people left alive learn from the fatasses and their mistakes? Hell no, they'll eat way more than they should and become fatasses themselves.

Sure the idea of a society where everybody does their own thing and works for their own survival is great, but the chances of it actually happening and lasting are slim to fucking none.

In the mean time though I suppose one could just run off to the woods, build a shack and mail bombs to universities and airlines.

Quote:
Let go of your morals, your fear, your ideals, your prejudice, your insecurity, your material possessions, your norms, your dependence.
This is a good philosophy to go by though, even if you never live to see the collapse of this decadent civilisation.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Baron

Default Re: The fatass analogy.

Quote:
I should have made it more clear. The point of this thread was to say that we can either live by the philosophy you quoted, or help humanity kill itself entirely. I wasn't trying to say that we should utilize that philosophy to help us destroy humanity, so sorry that it came out that way.

And even without humanity being obliterated, the rising and falling of empires will dwindle. It's kind of like smoking marijuana resin. You just burn it more and more each time until you get no smoke from the bong. It's the same with the earth. You can only overpopulate it, nuke it and destroy it's natural resources for so long.

Good points, though. fuck yur.
So what you're saying is, just don't give a fuck?
Dats coo, i respect dat.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
ysr2096

Gud post, OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name's Taken View Post
Plus you have no guarantee that after society collapses under the sheer weight of it's hedonism, that a new society won't arise and be just as bad. Every time a great empire has collapsed a new one, which many would say is worse, has arisen.
Society as a whole has been continually improving, until, IMO, recently. But even then we're hardly going to encounter another dark ages any time soon - globalization wouldn't permit that.

Quote:
To fit in with your analogy, you keep feeding the fatasses until they die, now you have a surplus of food left over seeing you no longer have to feed them. Will the people left alive learn from the fatasses and their mistakes? Hell no, they'll eat way more than they should and become fatasses themselves.
Not when you consider the genetic component of fatassery; as the fatasses die younger and reproduce less, faster metabolisms will become more prevalent. Besides, there's nothing to suggest that a food surplus will make people fatter. Do you know why society's detritus, black and white alike, is often fat? Because they eat cheap food like McDonald's because they can't afford any better. A food surplus would lower prices and allow more people to eat good, healthy food.

Last edited by ysr2096; 11-15-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr2096 View Post
Not when you consider the genetic component of fatassery; as the fatasses die younger and reproduce less, faster metabolisms will become more prevalent. Besides, there's nothing to suggest that a food surplus will make people fatter. Do you know why society's detritus, black and white alike, is often fat? Because they eat cheap food like McDonald's because they can't afford any better. A food surplus would lower prices and allow more people to eat good, healthy food.
lol y u bring that up
Old 11-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Maud'Dib

Thanked 1,504 Times in 995 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

Quote:
Society as a whole has been continually improving, until, IMO, recently.
Not really. Is there even anything to improve? This whole rational progressive movement doesn't really smack of anything solid.

Chi: don't worry about humanity. Just work on yourself.
On every golden scale! ..."
Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 PM
New Arrival

This is why I love the internet. It's refreshing to see there are indeed some intellectuals within this hoard of halfwit morons we call humanity. Although I don't fully agree with your points, I can appreciate the true thought that went into them.

In a perfect world, everyone would realize that we're all nothing but animals, and just as with every other species, the science of limiting factors and "boom and bust" exponential growth curbs apply to us equally. Everyone would acknowledge that their desires to have children are nothing more than primitive survival mechanisms developed over time through evolution, that simply serve the purpose of keeping the species going. People would all have the self control and critical thinking skills necessary to put logic over impulse and decide whether or not it is a good idea to reproduce during a time when there are already too many of us ravaging the very medium that allows us, as well as all other living organisms to survive in the first place.

Instead we live in a society that has gravitated away from natural selection, and embraces humanism, which in my opinion is just another form of learned survival mechanism that benefits the survival of our species. The end result of this supposed system of morality, is that the weak and stupid survive to reproduce and we're now at a point where the vast majority of the population lacks critical thinking skills. They're no more than hormonal fuckwit monkeys with brains too complex for such a simple minded animal to wield. This will keep us on a path of senseless environmental destruction and ultimately lead to humans wiping themselves, as well as many other organisms out. A tragic fate for the amazing gift of consciousness as it has so much potential. This is how morals have betrayed us. Many morals I find to be completely irrational when carefully scrutinized based on these points.

The only real hope would be for some ruthless worldwide dictatorship to forcibly regulate the world population to about 98% of the size it is now. Of course this is highly unlikely, but I can dream can't I? Maybe then we could redirect our technology to living truly sustainable lifestyles, protect the birthplace of consciousness from true threats such as those coming out of space (think giant apocalyptic meteor or the sun expanding and engulfing everything), and eventually maybe even physically explore the stars.

Last edited by Anti_Delusion; 11-27-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Maud'Dib

Send a message via AIM to Rizzo in a box Send a message via MSN to Rizzo in a box

There is no "anyone else". But yes, that is basically what I meant. But fuck, I'm too drunk to make anything coherent right now, so...

You work on yourself, you start "raising yr vibrations", to so so to speak, speak, sprake, break, brake, possibly, looking for a word here, okay, so you're working on yourself, right? But you aren't some sort of, of, independent, thingy, you know, separate without an environment, so whatever you are has to be part of your environment, through present influences and pressures and past, whatchamacallits, um, conditioning. God I love spell check. But okay, anyway.

So, you're working on yourself, but you realize to do that you have to help others, in at least some manner. Usually it's very subtle, mostly by just not being a complete and utter egotistic dick(Tatort0t) which is only focused on his own base needs; once this is accomplished you can go on to fancy things like talking or raising the consciousness of others through art, poetry, etc. Or spreading the dharma, which is really more like a pharma, or a farma, of mushrooms.

Accept nothing, especially death. Death is only a sign of failure. Kick ass at all costs. Never give up, always give in....uh...the last sign will probably be a stop sign, but ignore that, there is only the Way, all detours eventually lead back to the path. Umm...fear is the enemy. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, but who can know a thing in and of itself? Therefore the enemy is the thing in and of itself.

Hail satan.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 AM

"Humans are stupid", well, so what?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:09 AM
Maud'Dib

^^so, what is smart? obviously, light, light is the supreme intelligence, and anyone who denies this can go fuck themselves.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular

I for one will be really fucking pissed if shtf... I love this high tech low work life I live.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Wealthy Merchant

Quote:

I'm sure you're thinking "no, u dipshit. dis isnt a george orwell novel, real ppl wouldnt let teh world get dat bad. stuppid fagit." I think the real stuppid fagit here is u. Human beings are, surprisingly, really fucking stupid. We're not looking at the big picture.
Damn... you were doing so well until you used the "u" in place of "you".

Other than that i agree compleatly! people are shit we think we should run the earth when all we do is polute then we complain about how we have to stop global warming which isn't even somthing that can be changed. Fuck people.

Drugs are evil because the Devil uses them to control people and capture their souls
Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Duke

Send a message via MSN to Ambient

How hard must it have been for misanthropy to conglomerate in times before the internet?

Misanthrope leader: "Here ye here ye, all ye of thou misanthrope philos, gather towards the tavern at the brink of dusk"

Misanthrope collective "Ther be people ther?"

Misanthrope leader: "Indeed"

Misanthrope collective: "Nahh I fuckin hate people"

See how that doesn't work?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Duke

Quote:
Everyone is convinced that their problems are external. They aren't. All your suffering and misfortunes are your own fault, and you could start fixing them any time you wanted to. Now if everyone realized this, and started doing it, we wouldn't have all these problems because people would realize "Woah, I'm a fucking dumb ass. I should shut the fuck up."
FUCKING THIS! The problems of many people today are inbred to them. You are told that if you have a problem, you should go ask a teacher/cop/mother/etc. Sure, additional input is useful, but YOU have to fix YOUR OWN problem and not ask for ready, prepackaged solution. If you think that solutions are external, you can only thing that problems are external too, and to help this external thinking, you start living your life in the 3rd perspective, where you become a star of TV show with your name on it. Think about things like Twitter and Facebook. People live in a fantasy that others care about them, a fantasy that others watch them, because in their own minds they seem special.

But it's wrong. Everything bad that has happened to you is your own fault unless it truly was a stroke of luck (a Tsunami, suicide bombers, etc.), you're sad that your bald because you let the notion that baldness ain't sexy get to ya, you live in a miserable relationship because you chose so and you built it that way, you are miserable in your job because you chose to work long hours for shitty pay and throw away your money for things like cars and TVs because you falsely thing that buying a car will bring happiness along too. You can't comprehend basic science, philosophy or politics because you chose to not to study those fields, you chose to be an idiot, eat shit food and then blame society that your children are morbidly obese and will die of a heart attack at the age of 25.

Your life is your own, live it and stop bitching around, because it's easy to lay the blame on everyone but you. You're in control, so DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killallthewhiteman420 View Post
How hard must it have been for misanthropy to conglomerate in times before the internet?

Misanthrope leader: "Here ye here ye, all ye of thou misanthrope philos, gather towards the tavern at the brink of dusk"

Misanthrope collective "Ther be people ther?"

Misanthrope leader: "Indeed"

Misanthrope collective: "Nahh I fuckin hate people"

See how that doesn't work?
This made me lol . Too bad that zoklet ain't a real-life commune or something, where a few good guys could just sit around, talk and do whatever they fuck they wanna do.